TESTERS WANTED! ×

NEED Help! Puma VS Adidas Golf Shoes

After trying on a multiple golf shoes the other day, I’ve narrowed down my choice too these two models.

-Puma IGNITE PWRADAPT Leather

-Adidas TOUR 360 XT or XT-SL

Both shoes were incredibly comfortable In store with the biggest noticeable difference being the Adidas has much more arch support, but also gave you a feeling of being higher off the ground. Almost like you were walking on platforms. The adidas also has a roomier fit on width of toe box which was a plus considering I have a slightly wider foot.

The pumas on the other hand felt much more grounded (closer to the ground and less likely to roll an ankle if you stepped on an awkward slant) the fit was a little more snug, but if they were to break in slightly wouldn’t be a problem. This also had me bouncing between size 10.5 and 11 in the pumas. 11’s were a better fit for width out of the box, but had more of a gap between my toes and the front of the shoe. Normally I would hate this, as Mt current cleats are the same way and cause an uncomfortable creasing effect when walking. However... the sock liner in the puma and the material wrapped your foot very snug, so even when I tried to stomp/wiggle my foot forward in the shoe to see if your foot would slide forward leaving a gap between your heel and the back of the shoe, my foot wasn’t budging whatsoever (which is a plus.)

I am hoping somebody out there can give me some hands on feedback from either one of these models. (Ex. Why you bought them, what you like, what you don’t like. How well they held up after putting some miles on them, how much and how well they break in, how the experience is with warranty and repairs with each company, etc.)

After my experience of trying on shoes and finding the ones I liked without any persuasion of online articles, I was surprised to see both models ranked at the top of the list that MGS posted ranking 2019 shoes that night when I was doing some research. This was reassuring that my gut feelings at the store were pointing me in the right direction.

If the pumas broke in slightly, the 11 would be too loose, but a 10.5 would wind up being a near perfect fit considering even being snug out of the box, they were ridiculously comfortable. I just would have to avoid cranking the laces overly tight causing the tow box to feel like a vice on my foot. The adidas were a different feeling shoe win the noticeable arch support, but had a feeling of comfort that was totally different to the pumas. (I’m not exactly sure how to explain this.) the kind of feeling when you slide your foot in, you get that fuzzy feeling of “Ooooo that’s nice.” The increases height of the shoe would definitely take some getting used too though, and makes me afraid to roll my ankle if I ever tried to swing out of my shoes.

-Both models are water proof, which I like.

-Both have amazing traction, but I never got to try on the spineless version of the TOUR 360 XT.

-both are similar in price.

-both seem like a quality shoe, but I also don’t want a shoe that is going to start falling apart in a year. I’d like the investment to last as long as possible, and don’t mind spending more for longevity.

-Pumas Spikes do not seem to be replaceable being their a specialty disc type, but I could be wrong. Where as the Adidas looked like a typical spike you could replace once worn out.

All feedback, opinions, and insight are welcome and greatly appreciated! I’m counting on my fellows spy’s to point me in the right direction here.

3,2,1, Go.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Papa-Bear was Here. 

When I bought shoes last fall, I narrowed down to the Adidas and Puma Titantour Ignite disc. Like you, I thought both were really comfortable and felt very stable. I also have fairly narrow feet and liked the narrower Pumas. Ultimately it came down to price as Global Golf had a sale on the Pumas. Not the same pair you're looking at, though. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

When I bought shoes last fall, I narrowed down to the Adidas and Puma Titantour Ignite disc. Like you, I thought both were really comfortable and felt very stable. I also have fairly narrow feet and liked the narrower Pumas. Ultimately it came down to price as Global Golf had a sale on the Pumas. Not the same pair you're looking at, though. 

Thanks for the insight my friend. I’ve been hunting for videos online for reviews, but only the Adidas has any videos on YouTube and it’s very few. Comfort is key, but I’ve heard numerous stories of people loving the way a shoe fits In store, and a completely different feeling when out actually golfing. The “over-thinking bug” has bit me hard on this one... but I also work pretty hard for the little money I do have. Just want to make my investment into the right shoe so hopefully I can make up my mind before this season is over.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Not sure if I posted this in the correct thread the first time around. So apologies for double posting, but I only have 2 days to narrow this decision down.

After trying on a multiple golf shoes the other day, I’ve narrowed down my choice too these two models.

-Puma IGNITE PWRADAPT Leather

-Adidas TOUR 360 XT or XT-SL

Both shoes were incredibly comfortable In store with the biggest noticeable difference being the Adidas has much more arch support, but also gave you a feeling of being higher off the ground. Almost like you were walking on platforms. The adidas also has a roomier fit on width of toe box which was a plus considering I have a slightly wider foot.

The pumas on the other hand felt much more grounded (closer to the ground and less likely to roll an ankle if you stepped on an awkward slant) the fit was a little more snug, but if they were to break in slightly wouldn’t be a problem. This also had me bouncing between size 10.5 and 11 in the pumas. 11’s were a better fit for width out of the box, but had more of a gap between my toes and the front of the shoe. Normally I would hate this, as Mt current cleats are the same way and cause an uncomfortable creasing effect when walking. However... the sock liner in the puma and the material wrapped your foot very snug, so even when I tried to stomp/wiggle my foot forward in the shoe to see if your foot would slide forward leaving a gap between your heel and the back of the shoe, my foot wasn’t budging whatsoever (which is a plus.)

I am hoping somebody out there can give me some hands on feedback from either one of these models. (Ex. Why you bought them, what you like, what you don’t like. How well they held up after putting some miles on them, how much and how well they break in, how the experience is with warranty and repairs with each company, etc.)

After my experience of trying on shoes and finding the ones I liked without any persuasion of online articles, I was surprised to see both models ranked at the top of the list that MGS posted ranking 2019 shoes that night when I was doing some research. This was reassuring that my gut feelings at the store were pointing me in the right direction.

If the pumas broke in slightly, the 11 would be too loose, but a 10.5 would wind up being a near perfect fit considering even being snug out of the box, they were ridiculously comfortable. I just would have to avoid cranking the laces overly tight causing the tow box to feel like a vice on my foot. The adidas were a different feeling shoe win the noticeable arch support, but had a feeling of comfort that was totally different to the pumas. (I’m not exactly sure how to explain this.) the kind of feeling when you slide your foot in, you get that fuzzy feeling of “Ooooo that’s nice.” The increases height of the shoe would definitely take some getting used too though, and makes me afraid to roll my ankle if I ever tried to swing out of my shoes.

-Both models are water proof, which I like.

-Both have amazing traction, but I never got to try on the spineless version of the TOUR 360 XT.

-both are similar in price.

-both seem like a quality shoe, but I also don’t want a shoe that is going to start falling apart in a year. I’d like the investment to last as long as possible, and don’t mind spending more for longevity.

-Pumas Spikes do not seem to be replaceable being their a specialty disc type, but I could be wrong. Where as the Adidas looked like a typical spike you could replace once worn out.

All feedback, opinions, and insight are welcome and greatly appreciated! I’m counting on my fellows spy’s to point me in the right direction here.

3,2,1, Go.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Tough one.  I have had both and loved both.   I know exactly what you mean about the Adidas feeling a bit higher.  I got used to it quickly.   

The puma was probably more comfortable overall.  But I did have a slightly annoying issue with the BOA not always staying tight.  

So I ended up wearing the Adidas more.  FYI I then got a pair of the PUMA Ignite Sport Soikeless.    

They are possibly the most comfortable shoe of any kind that I have ever worn.  I wear then almost daily.   

Their only downside is not a lot of lateral support.  So playing off steep inclines can be an issue.  But that happens so rarely around here.   I don't worry about it.   

As for the spikeless.  I feel I get just as good of footing as with spikes.  No issues slipping in wet grass or anything. 

Hope some of this helps. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

No experience with either of those exact models, but in my own use I find that Pumas do tend to be a bit more snug to fit. My Ignite Spikeless are very comfortable however if I'm walking 18 I prefer another shoe. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

8 hours ago, BenjaminButtonz said:

Thanks for the insight my friend. I’ve been hunting for videos online for reviews, but only the Adidas has any videos on YouTube and it’s very few. Comfort is key, but I’ve heard numerous stories of people loving the way a shoe fits In store, and a completely different feeling when out actually golfing. The “over-thinking bug” has bit me hard on this one... but I also work pretty hard for the little money I do have. Just want to make my investment into the right shoe so hopefully I can make up my mind before this season is over.

I should have mentioned I'm a bit of a Puma fan, anyway. I've now had 2 pairs of golf shoes, 2 pairs of tennis shoes, and a pair of steel-toed boots I need for work a few times a year, all purchased within the last few years. Their customer service is also excellent as I had an issue with a pair of tennis shoes I bought a few months ago and they took great care of me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I was always a FJ shoe fan, but now have 3 pair of Pumas in my closet.

Puma Ignite Hightops

Puma Ignite spikeless

Puma NXT Pro spikeless

They are the most comfortable shoes on the market!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The pwradapt is good but the tour360 imo are great. I’m a Nike and fj guy for my golf shoes. I grabbed a pair of 360s last fall and have worn them most rounds since 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Depends on if you want stability or not. The Pumas I have are comfy, but not stable at all. I prefer the FJ Pro SL I have because of having a more stable base. If it doesn’t matter, I choose by price, if all things are equal. Walker, or rider? Feet sweat a lot, or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Adidas are one of the tallest shoes, at least in the heel, that I've ever worn on the course. With that being said, when I wear adidas, I find it hard to turn the ball over because with the higher heel, more weight shifts to the balls of me feet/toes and I almost feel like I'm falling forward at address. I think there's been a topic on how shoes can effect your swing/scoring. I say the same thing in that thread. 

With that being said, adidas are some of the most comfortable shoes out there, whether it be walking or riding. 

Pumas are great shoes, but like others have said, not as stable as the adidas. If you swing nice and smooth like Adam Scott, go with the Pumas. If you attack the ball and have a lot of torque in your swing, go with the adidas. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Depends on if you want stability or not. The Pumas I have are comfy, but not stable at all. I prefer the FJ Pro SL I have because of having a more stable base. If it doesn’t matter, I choose by price, if all things are equal. Walker, or rider? Feet sweat a lot, or no?

I saw the Pro SL in store but the $200+ price tag made me keep walking past it. Granted the Pumas are $150, and the Adidas are $170 for the SL which isn’t too far off. I DID however try on the FJ Fury since I had the luxury, and because it came in a 10.5 Wide (my feet are slightly on the wider side, but it’s not too often I need to get a wide shoe in most cases. I’m a 10.5 in most shoes, unless they run slightly narrow. Then sizing up to an 11 usually does the trick if there’s not too much extra room at the end of the shoe by doing so allowing my foot to slide too far forward in the shoe when laced. At one point I had the Fury on one foot, and the puma on the other. And they felt incredibly similar when standing in them) I’m returning too the store today too try on a few more, and will try a pair of the SL Pro’s on to see the difference too the Puma and the Adidas. If there’s a huge difference in stability that I’d be leaving in the table with my two options above, I’d reconsider them for sure.

-Stability is huge, being I’ve twisted/sprained/rolled my ankles too many times too count in this short lifetime (sports, construction, roofing, skateboarding, etc have taken a toll on them over the past 15 years) That’s what made the TOUR 360 XT-SL worry me slightly with that feeling of being higher off the ground. I didn’t simulate a swing in them though to see how “tippy” they were, just had enough time to walk around the store very quickly.

- price is not a big deciding factor being I earned some store credit from making a custom sign for the shop in exchange.

- I’d say 75% of my rounds are riding on a cart.

- My feet definitely sweat! Not like melt the glue apart on your shoes till they fall apart bad, but in the Summer months at work i changed into a fresh pair of socks every day on lunch. Nothing drives me more mad than wet socks, so Ventilation is key. I don’t want the shoe too feel like a Goretex work boot that seals hot air and steam like a Swedish sauna. The ability for the shoe to breath is a must.

Thanks for your insight and feedback, much appreciated!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Tough one.  I have had both and loved both.   I know exactly what you mean about the Adidas feeling a bit higher.  I got used to it quickly.   
The puma was probably more comfortable overall.  But I did have a slightly annoying issue with the BOA not always staying tight.  
So I ended up wearing the Adidas more.  FYI I then got a pair of the PUMA Ignite Sport Soikeless.    
They are possibly the most comfortable shoe of any kind that I have ever worn.  I wear then almost daily.   
Their only downside is not a lot of lateral support.  So playing off steep inclines can be an issue.  But that happens so rarely around here.   I don't worry about it.   
As for the spikeless.  I feel I get just as good of footing as with spikes.  No issues slipping in wet grass or anything. 
Hope some of this helps. 

Honestly this makes me rethink my approach a little bit. I was straying from the spike-less route at first due to fear of slipping feet and leaving traction on the table. I feel more likely to slip during the swing more than when walking to my ball, around course, etc. being a rider 75% of the time too my shoes get less packed with dirt and grass than people who walk the course would. The shoes I wore the day I went in to the store were a pair of puma casual runners with Ignite bottoms, and are some of the most comfortable shoes i own making them daily drivers. I was comparing comfort levels of all shoes I tested too these for reference. Understanding they were a flexible/stretchy knit with Ignite bottoms, it would be tough for a golf shoe to compete with them. But still was a nice reset/recalibrate to put back on after trying on each golf shoe. I also didn’t have much time, and the store was swamped so I didn’t wonder too far “out of the box” of the models I had my eyes on. I’ll be retiring to the store today too try on more, and will definitely give the spikeless Version of the pumas a test drive. I’ve heard multiple reviews where people swear by them.

Steep inclines happen a handful of times on the courses I play. There’s a steep hill on half the holes of Or local course. I try to avoid ever leaving my ball to hit off that hill in most cases (uphill or downhill, the holes basically work back and forth going up it, then down it the next hole, Vice-Versa) but golf is an unpredictable series of humbling moments. I’m bound to wind up on that slope at some point at least once during a round.

Your insight definitely helps, and is greatly appreciated! If it wasn’t for this support of this forum, my head would be littered with unanswered questions.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Adidas are one of the tallest shoes, at least in the heel, that I've ever worn on the course. With that being said, when I wear adidas, I find it hard to turn the ball over because with the higher heel, more weight shifts to the balls of me feet/toes and I almost feel like I'm falling forward at address. I think there's been a topic on how shoes can effect your swing/scoring. I say the same thing in that thread. 
With that being said, adidas are some of the most comfortable shoes out there, whether it be walking or riding. 
Pumas are great shoes, but like others have said, not as stable as the adidas. If you swing nice and smooth like Adam Scott, go with the Pumas. If you attack the ball and have a lot of torque in your swing, go with the adidas. 

This is great feedback!

I have indeed read a few great write ups discussing the affect of a shoe on your swing. This makes sense in my head on the stability as well, because when I looked at the bottoms of all the shoes, the minimal amount of spikes / most of the spikes positioned towards the center of the shoe rather than outer sole on the pumas had me slightly afraid to put them into play in case I ever got after the ball a little hard. I wish I could say my swing was one or the other. Some days I feel like I’m swinging out of my shoes and going after the ball, but this is only when I’m in a shoe that won’t cause you to look like Michael Jackson dancing after swinging with some ooomph. Some days when I’m not hitting the ball well, I slow things down and go for the “be like water” approach that’s much smoother. Going after it also can rush my tempo causing a horrid slice (my main miss) So that puts me in a tough place between the two. This is the first season I have been able to draw the ball, and have been working on grooving that muscle memory till it’s second nature. I have a few tricks I use that are a must to turn the ball over. With only 4 rounds in so far this year it’s still a very new feeling indeed. It’s slowly but surely getting easier to do consistency, but can definitely get better also, So having a shoe that makes turning the ball over more difficult is a little scary for me.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

No experience with either of those exact models, but in my own use I find that Pumas do tend to be a bit more snug to fit. My Ignite Spikeless are very comfortable however if I'm walking 18 I prefer another shoe. 

Snug was something I noticed as well on the pumas. Trying on a 10.5 and an 11 felt almost identical in width on my foot, with the biggest difference being the 11 added about 1/4-1/2” of space between the ends of my toes and the ends of my feet. My toes didn’t touch the end of the shoe in the 10.5 to begin with, but just felt a little TOO snug in width. Not sure how well they break in width wise, or if the contributing factor is the sock liner inside them. Either way, I appreciate your feedback my man!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Question about both cause I have never had a pair of either but liked the look of both... are they true to size?? I have to drop down a size in nikes (14 in sneakers 13 in golf shoes)

I wear a 10.5-11 in Most Nike’s, 11 In Jordan’s.

10.5 in puma was good on length, but slightly snug for width (not sure how much break in would compensate for this)
11 in the Puma was a good width, but felt a little long. Width was just right out of the box though.

As for the adidas I was only able to try on a pair of 10.5’s in the XT-SL with regular width. And I feel like a wide would have fit better, but there were none in store to try on.

I’ll be heading back today to try on more pairs and take some notes on the fits. Hope this helps for now though!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

I saw the Pro SL in store but the $200+ price tag made me keep walking past it. Granted the Pumas are $150, and the Adidas are $170 for the SL which isn’t too far off. I DID however try on the FJ Fury since I had the luxury, and because it came in a 10.5 Wide (my feet are slightly on the wider side, but it’s not too often I need to get a wide shoe in most cases. I’m a 10.5 in most shoes, unless they run slightly narrow. Then sizing up to an 11 usually does the trick if there’s not too much extra room at the end of the shoe by doing so allowing my foot to slide too far forward in the shoe when laced. At one point I had the Fury on one foot, and the puma on the other. And they felt incredibly similar when standing in them) I’m returning too the store today too try on a few more, and will try a pair of the SL Pro’s on to see the difference too the Puma and the Adidas. If there’s a huge difference in stability that I’d be leaving in the table with my two options above, I’d reconsider them for sure.

-Stability is huge, being I’ve twisted/sprained/rolled my ankles too many times too count in this short lifetime (sports, construction, roofing, skateboarding, etc have taken a toll on them over the past 15 years) That’s what made the TOUR 360 XT-SL worry me slightly with that feeling of being higher off the ground. I didn’t simulate a swing in them though to see how “tippy” they were, just had enough time to walk around the store very quickly.

- price is not a big deciding factor being I earned some store credit from making a custom sign for the shop in exchange.

- I’d say 75% of my rounds are riding on a cart.

- My feet definitely sweat! Not like melt the glue apart on your shoes till they fall apart bad, but in the Summer months at work i changed into a fresh pair of socks every day on lunch. Nothing drives me more mad than wet socks, so Ventilation is key. I don’t want the shoe too feel like a Goretex work boot that seals hot air and steam like a Swedish sauna. The ability for the shoe to breath is a must.

Thanks for your insight and feedback, much appreciated!

No problem. All three pair of Pro SL I have were last year’s model and were on sale. Since you need stability, and ride most often, I’d definitely go with the Adidas.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

No problem. All three pair of Pro SL I have were last year’s model and were on sale. Since you need stability, and ride most often, I’d definitely go with the Adidas.

I’m thinking that’s the winner. After seeing a few too many reviews of the Ignite PWRADAPT clears falling off less than ten rounds into them. I’d hate to waste store credit on something that won’t survive an entire season

Papa-Bear was Here. 

When I first started playing golf (28 years ago) FootJoy was the only brand I wore. About 10 years ago I bought my first pair of Adidas golf shoes and I loved them. They are taller - no doubt about that but I have never felt unstable in them - quite the opposite. I can't imagine you twisting your ankle but as you said, you are prone to that so perhaps you would but I don't think it would be the shoes fault. My current shoes are the Adidas Tour360 Boost of a fee years ago and they are fantastic. This is my third pair and I'm going to get the Tour360 Spikeless later this summer. I have always like Puma designs, etc but my feet are wide and I've never been able to wear them. The Tour360 are available in wide and so 10.5 Wide is perfect as opposed to 11 medium. I can't speak to the Puma's but the Adidas are awesome - I wear them constantly and I have had my current pair for a few years. The durability and comfort are outstanding - just a really great shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

When I first started playing golf (28 years ago) FootJoy was the only brand I wore. About 10 years ago I bought my first pair of Adidas golf shoes and I loved them. They are taller - no doubt about that but I have never felt unstable in them - quite the opposite. I can't imagine you twisting your ankle but as you said, you are prone to that so perhaps you would but I don't think it would be the shoes fault. My current shoes are the Adidas Tour360 Boost of a fee years ago and they are fantastic. This is my third pair and I'm going to get the Tour360 Spikeless later this summer. I have always like Puma designs, etc but my feet are wide and I've never been able to wear them. The Tour360 are available in wide and so 10.5 Wide is perfect as opposed to 11 medium. I can't speak to the Puma's but the Adidas are awesome - I wear them constantly and I have had my current pair for a few years. The durability and comfort are outstanding - just a really great shoe.

Appreciate he valuable feedback my friend! I can proudly say I found my winning ticket at the shop yesterday after hitting a few balls on the simulator and taking some putts to ensure I made the right choice and wouldn’t have regret down the road.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

The battle is over!

Want to thank everyone of my spies that gave their insight, feedback, and helpful knowledge & opinions on this debate.

Drum Roll please........

The winning cleat is The Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL! When you hold the two side by side, at first they big look premium and outstanding. But when you start taking a closer look, the build quality of the Adidas outshines the puma and made my choice an easy one once I had the proper amount of time to evaluate each thoroughly.

-The spikes on the pumas felt like I could peel them off using just my fingers, and were incredibly flexible. One wrong step on the edge of a golf cart/on a cart path/etc I feel could disfigure the spikes shape permanently.

The quality of leather on the Adidas just felt better, buttery soft. The kind of leather that will break in beautifully over time.

The first day I tried the adidas on, the higher arches felt incredibly odd to me. The second day going back with more time on my hands, and taking more than just 10 steps I got used to them quickly, and they did not affect my swing nearly as much as I anticipated the first day. I actually grew to like that arch support after having them on for 15 minutes. Once I took them off and tried the puma back on, you felt like there was something missing.

The soft leather wrapped around the inside of the heel in the adidas felt great on the ankle, and did NOT feel like it was going to chew through a pair of socks in 4-5 holes, then start rubbing into the backs of your ankles for one hell of a blister like the Pumas felt. The Pumas had a very stiff & hard heel which may work for some. But I also don’t wear tall socks when golfing. I’m a no show guy, low-cut quarter length at best. The MGS reviews of the puma stated this as well, and also stated they eventually break in with time. In the end even if you never tried the Adidas on, you can Visibly see how comfortable the back of your ankles would be with that strip of supple leather.

Even though the adidas is lealther, it molded to your foot much better than the puma did. The puma felt much stiffer, like a synthetic leather feels.

The adidas has a much more comfortable toe box being wider than the puma. This is speaking for myself and the shape of my foot, but I actually found a 10.5 Medium was a perfect fit for me. I did try a size 10 Medium on to test how a 10 wide would feel, without lacing up to determine if the length of a 10 would be long enough. Lacing a 10 medium, The tongue was bulging out of the shoe like a fat man in a little coat, and from my pinky toe to my middle tower were touching the end of the shoe, thus canceling the idea of a of a 10 wide. 10.5 if you crank the laces super tight was of corse too narrow, but you should also not being pulling your laces that tight. If you are, you have an improperly fit shoe. But when pulling the laces tight so my foot was snug in the size 10.5, they felt money on the foot. If they were to never break in what so every, I could see the shoe becoming SLIGHTLY uncomfortable after 18 holes but the premium leather will break in and mold to your foot after you start putting some miles on them.

The traction on the spikeless version of the Adidas was UNREAL! You would hurt yourself trying to get those cleats to slip intentionally, and felt more secure than my current spikes by a long shot. I feel like you could conquer any part of the golf course with ease wearing them.

All in all, of my opinion means anything to someone else out there, the Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL outperforms the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT Leather in every aspect. The adidas are a perfect blend of the classic traditional golf shoe, with a modern athletic shoe, and the comfort of your favorite casual daily drivers. If there was such thing as a perfect golf shoe, Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL is it. The price is on the higher end compared to other shoes in the field at $179.99 but I can assure anyone with doubt that your getting your money’s worth with them. The fact the Pumas were $150, after all my testing and research I would say is overly priced for the quality your getting. For an extra $30, your getting a substantial amount of added quality, performance, and comfort for that $30. With the pumas your investing $150 into style alone in my opinion. With $179 into the Adidas, your investing in your new favorite golf shoe that will outperform anything else in their path.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Word my Puma NXT Pros today....started raining on the 6th hole....played thru 12 before we were forced to quit. The greens were unputtable, But my feet were dry! Thanks Puma

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Word my Puma NXT Pros today....started raining on the 6th hole....played thru 12 before we were forced to quit. The greens were unputtable, But my feet were dry! Thanks Puma

The pro’s were at another shoe I really wanted to try but the shop did not have them and I’m not the biggest fan of ordering a shoe blindly without getting to try it on first. Glad your feet stayed dry even when Mother Nature tried to say otherwise!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

The battle is over!

Want to thank everyone of my spies that gave their insight, feedback, and helpful knowledge & opinions on this debate.

Drum Roll please........

The winning cleat is The Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL! When you hold the two side by side, at first they big look premium and outstanding. But when you start taking a closer look, the build quality of the Adidas outshines the puma and made my choice an easy one once I had the proper amount of time to evaluate each thoroughly.

-The spikes on the pumas felt like I could peel them off using just my fingers, and were incredibly flexible. One wrong step on the edge of a golf cart/on a cart path/etc I feel could disfigure the spikes shape permanently.

The quality of leather on the Adidas just felt better, buttery soft. The kind of leather that will break in beautifully over time.

The first day I tried the adidas on, the higher arches felt incredibly odd to me. The second day going back with more time on my hands, and taking more than just 10 steps I got used to them quickly, and they did not affect my swing nearly as much as I anticipated the first day. I actually grew to like that arch support after having them on for 15 minutes. Once I took them off and tried the puma back on, you felt like there was something missing.

The soft leather wrapped around the inside of the heel in the adidas felt great on the ankle, and did NOT feel like it was going to chew through a pair of socks in 4-5 holes, then start rubbing into the backs of your ankles for one hell of a blister like the Pumas felt. The Pumas had a very stiff & hard heel which may work for some. But I also don’t wear tall socks when golfing. I’m a no show guy, low-cut quarter length at best. The MGS reviews of the puma stated this as well, and also stated they eventually break in with time. In the end even if you never tried the Adidas on, you can Visibly see how comfortable the back of your ankles would be with that strip of supple leather.

Even though the adidas is lealther, it molded to your foot much better than the puma did. The puma felt much stiffer, like a synthetic leather feels.

The adidas has a much more comfortable toe box being wider than the puma. This is speaking for myself and the shape of my foot, but I actually found a 10.5 Medium was a perfect fit for me. I did try a size 10 Medium on to test how a 10 wide would feel, without lacing up to determine if the length of a 10 would be long enough. Lacing a 10 medium, The tongue was bulging out of the shoe like a fat man in a little coat, and from my pinky toe to my middle tower were touching the end of the shoe, thus canceling the idea of a of a 10 wide. 10.5 if you crank the laces super tight was of corse too narrow, but you should also not being pulling your laces that tight. If you are, you have an improperly fit shoe. But when pulling the laces tight so my foot was snug in the size 10.5, they felt money on the foot. If they were to never break in what so every, I could see the shoe becoming SLIGHTLY uncomfortable after 18 holes but the premium leather will break in and mold to your foot after you start putting some miles on them.

The traction on the spikeless version of the Adidas was UNREAL! You would hurt yourself trying to get those cleats to slip intentionally, and felt more secure than my current spikes by a long shot. I feel like you could conquer any part of the golf course with ease wearing them.

All in all, of my opinion means anything to someone else out there, the Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL outperforms the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT Leather in every aspect. The adidas are a perfect blend of the classic traditional golf shoe, with a modern athletic shoe, and the comfort of your favorite casual daily drivers. If there was such thing as a perfect golf shoe, Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL is it. The price is on the higher end compared to other shoes in the field at $179.99 but I can assure anyone with doubt that your getting your money’s worth with them. The fact the Pumas were $150, after all my testing and research I would say is overly priced for the quality your getting. For an extra $30, your getting a substantial amount of added quality, performance, and comfort for that $30. With the pumas your investing $150 into style alone in my opinion. With $179 into the Adidas, your investing in your new favorite golf shoe that will outperform anything else in their path.

Wear them in good health!

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

As a fellow wide-footer, I'd definitely go with the Adidas. The fact that you can get them in a wide foot as well is a major selling point for me. I have two pairs of the 360's and a pair of PPF's.

Now - I have an abnormally wide foot toward the toe end. 27 years of ski boots and hockey skates have deformed my feet a fair bit. I have two pairs of 360s in wide, and a pair of PPF spikeless.  The ADI PPF shoes are borderline and took some breaking in, but someone just requiring a wider toe box, without really buggered up feet, I'd say the Adidas in regular width would be swell! Then there is the added bonus of being able to order the Boost 360's in a wide option - which is again the most comfortable shoe on the planet imho.

Looks like you made the right choice though, as I'm a little late to the party lol

Edited by Mmdanz

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° - Smoke Black 70 X 

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3wd 14° - Tensei Blue 60 S

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° - PX 105g 6.5

Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-P - KBS Tour 130X

Callaway MD4 56°- DG S200 

Callaway MD4 52° - DG S200

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

PING Vault 2.0 Anser(copper finish)

Volvik S4

Adidas fit me really well and are comfortable.... But I've never worn puma so take it for what it's worth.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

As a fellow wide-footer, I'd definitely go with the Adidas. The fact that you can get them in a wide foot as well is a major selling point for me. I have two pairs of the 360's and a pair of PPF's.
Now - I have an abnormally wide foot toward the toe end. 27 years of ski boots and hockey skates have deformed my feet a fair bit. I have two pairs of 360s in wide, and a pair of PPF spikeless.  The ADI PPF shoes are borderline and took some breaking in, but someone just requiring a wider toe box, without really buggered up feet, I'd say the Adidas in regular width would be swell! Then there is the added bonus of being able to order the Boost 360's in a wide option - which is again the most comfortable shoe on the planet imho.

Looks like you made the right choice though, as I'm a little late to the party lol

My feet have definitely seen there fair share of abuse through a decade plus of work boots/steel toes so I can some what relate my man. My foot gets widest at the ballad of my feet but in a funny shape. This makes me excited with the adidas, due to the fact it was the best fitting shoe in standard (medium) sizing. If for any reason that they don’t break in and shape to my foot the way I’m anticipating they will, I will re-order another pair of 10.5’s but in a wide. The rest of the fit should stay the same from what I learned trying on what some would call “way too many shoes”. Appreciate your feedback!

Papa-Bear was Here.