BenjaminButtonz

NEED Help! Puma VS Adidas Golf Shoes

No problem. All three pair of Pro SL I have were last year’s model and were on sale. Since you need stability, and ride most often, I’d definitely go with the Adidas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m thinking that’s the winner. After seeing a few too many reviews of the Ignite PWRADAPT clears falling off less than ten rounds into them. I’d hate to waste store credit on something that won’t survive an entire season

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

When I first started playing golf (28 years ago) FootJoy was the only brand I wore. About 10 years ago I bought my first pair of Adidas golf shoes and I loved them. They are taller - no doubt about that but I have never felt unstable in them - quite the opposite. I can't imagine you twisting your ankle but as you said, you are prone to that so perhaps you would but I don't think it would be the shoes fault. My current shoes are the Adidas Tour360 Boost of a fee years ago and they are fantastic. This is my third pair and I'm going to get the Tour360 Spikeless later this summer. I have always like Puma designs, etc but my feet are wide and I've never been able to wear them. The Tour360 are available in wide and so 10.5 Wide is perfect as opposed to 11 medium. I can't speak to the Puma's but the Adidas are awesome - I wear them constantly and I have had my current pair for a few years. The durability and comfort are outstanding - just a really great shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I first started playing golf (28 years ago) FootJoy was the only brand I wore. About 10 years ago I bought my first pair of Adidas golf shoes and I loved them. They are taller - no doubt about that but I have never felt unstable in them - quite the opposite. I can't imagine you twisting your ankle but as you said, you are prone to that so perhaps you would but I don't think it would be the shoes fault. My current shoes are the Adidas Tour360 Boost of a fee years ago and they are fantastic. This is my third pair and I'm going to get the Tour360 Spikeless later this summer. I have always like Puma designs, etc but my feet are wide and I've never been able to wear them. The Tour360 are available in wide and so 10.5 Wide is perfect as opposed to 11 medium. I can't speak to the Puma's but the Adidas are awesome - I wear them constantly and I have had my current pair for a few years. The durability and comfort are outstanding - just a really great shoe.

Appreciate he valuable feedback my friend! I can proudly say I found my winning ticket at the shop yesterday after hitting a few balls on the simulator and taking some putts to ensure I made the right choice and wouldn’t have regret down the road.

The battle is over!

Want to thank everyone of my spies that gave their insight, feedback, and helpful knowledge & opinions on this debate.

Drum Roll please........

The winning cleat is The Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL! When you hold the two side by side, at first they big look premium and outstanding. But when you start taking a closer look, the build quality of the Adidas outshines the puma and made my choice an easy one once I had the proper amount of time to evaluate each thoroughly.

-The spikes on the pumas felt like I could peel them off using just my fingers, and were incredibly flexible. One wrong step on the edge of a golf cart/on a cart path/etc I feel could disfigure the spikes shape permanently.

The quality of leather on the Adidas just felt better, buttery soft. The kind of leather that will break in beautifully over time.

The first day I tried the adidas on, the higher arches felt incredibly odd to me. The second day going back with more time on my hands, and taking more than just 10 steps I got used to them quickly, and they did not affect my swing nearly as much as I anticipated the first day. I actually grew to like that arch support after having them on for 15 minutes. Once I took them off and tried the puma back on, you felt like there was something missing.

The soft leather wrapped around the inside of the heel in the adidas felt great on the ankle, and did NOT feel like it was going to chew through a pair of socks in 4-5 holes, then start rubbing into the backs of your ankles for one hell of a blister like the Pumas felt. The Pumas had a very stiff & hard heel which may work for some. But I also don’t wear tall socks when golfing. I’m a no show guy, low-cut quarter length at best. The MGS reviews of the puma stated this as well, and also stated they eventually break in with time. In the end even if you never tried the Adidas on, you can Visibly see how comfortable the back of your ankles would be with that strip of supple leather.

Even though the adidas is lealther, it molded to your foot much better than the puma did. The puma felt much stiffer, like a synthetic leather feels.

The adidas has a much more comfortable toe box being wider than the puma. This is speaking for myself and the shape of my foot, but I actually found a 10.5 Medium was a perfect fit for me. I did try a size 10 Medium on to test how a 10 wide would feel, without lacing up to determine if the length of a 10 would be long enough. Lacing a 10 medium, The tongue was bulging out of the shoe like a fat man in a little coat, and from my pinky toe to my middle tower were touching the end of the shoe, thus canceling the idea of a of a 10 wide. 10.5 if you crank the laces super tight was of corse too narrow, but you should also not being pulling your laces that tight. If you are, you have an improperly fit shoe. But when pulling the laces tight so my foot was snug in the size 10.5, they felt money on the foot. If they were to never break in what so every, I could see the shoe becoming SLIGHTLY uncomfortable after 18 holes but the premium leather will break in and mold to your foot after you start putting some miles on them.

The traction on the spikeless version of the Adidas was UNREAL! You would hurt yourself trying to get those cleats to slip intentionally, and felt more secure than my current spikes by a long shot. I feel like you could conquer any part of the golf course with ease wearing them.

All in all, of my opinion means anything to someone else out there, the Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL outperforms the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT Leather in every aspect. The adidas are a perfect blend of the classic traditional golf shoe, with a modern athletic shoe, and the comfort of your favorite casual daily drivers. If there was such thing as a perfect golf shoe, Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL is it. The price is on the higher end compared to other shoes in the field at $179.99 but I can assure anyone with doubt that your getting your money’s worth with them. The fact the Pumas were $150, after all my testing and research I would say is overly priced for the quality your getting. For an extra $30, your getting a substantial amount of added quality, performance, and comfort for that $30. With the pumas your investing $150 into style alone in my opinion. With $179 into the Adidas, your investing in your new favorite golf shoe that will outperform anything else in their path.

• Like 1

Word my Puma NXT Pros today....started raining on the 6th hole....played thru 12 before we were forced to quit. The greens were unputtable, But my feet were dry! Thanks Puma

• Like 1

Word my Puma NXT Pros today....started raining on the 6th hole....played thru 12 before we were forced to quit. The greens were unputtable, But my feet were dry! Thanks Puma

The pro’s were at another shoe I really wanted to try but the shop did not have them and I’m not the biggest fan of ordering a shoe blindly without getting to try it on first. Glad your feet stayed dry even when Mother Nature tried to say otherwise!

• Like 1

The battle is over!

Want to thank everyone of my spies that gave their insight, feedback, and helpful knowledge & opinions on this debate.

Drum Roll please........

The winning cleat is The Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL! When you hold the two side by side, at first they big look premium and outstanding. But when you start taking a closer look, the build quality of the Adidas outshines the puma and made my choice an easy one once I had the proper amount of time to evaluate each thoroughly.

-The spikes on the pumas felt like I could peel them off using just my fingers, and were incredibly flexible. One wrong step on the edge of a golf cart/on a cart path/etc I feel could disfigure the spikes shape permanently.

The quality of leather on the Adidas just felt better, buttery soft. The kind of leather that will break in beautifully over time.

The first day I tried the adidas on, the higher arches felt incredibly odd to me. The second day going back with more time on my hands, and taking more than just 10 steps I got used to them quickly, and they did not affect my swing nearly as much as I anticipated the first day. I actually grew to like that arch support after having them on for 15 minutes. Once I took them off and tried the puma back on, you felt like there was something missing.

The soft leather wrapped around the inside of the heel in the adidas felt great on the ankle, and did NOT feel like it was going to chew through a pair of socks in 4-5 holes, then start rubbing into the backs of your ankles for one hell of a blister like the Pumas felt. The Pumas had a very stiff & hard heel which may work for some. But I also don’t wear tall socks when golfing. I’m a no show guy, low-cut quarter length at best. The MGS reviews of the puma stated this as well, and also stated they eventually break in with time. In the end even if you never tried the Adidas on, you can Visibly see how comfortable the back of your ankles would be with that strip of supple leather.

Even though the adidas is lealther, it molded to your foot much better than the puma did. The puma felt much stiffer, like a synthetic leather feels.

The adidas has a much more comfortable toe box being wider than the puma. This is speaking for myself and the shape of my foot, but I actually found a 10.5 Medium was a perfect fit for me. I did try a size 10 Medium on to test how a 10 wide would feel, without lacing up to determine if the length of a 10 would be long enough. Lacing a 10 medium, The tongue was bulging out of the shoe like a fat man in a little coat, and from my pinky toe to my middle tower were touching the end of the shoe, thus canceling the idea of a of a 10 wide. 10.5 if you crank the laces super tight was of corse too narrow, but you should also not being pulling your laces that tight. If you are, you have an improperly fit shoe. But when pulling the laces tight so my foot was snug in the size 10.5, they felt money on the foot. If they were to never break in what so every, I could see the shoe becoming SLIGHTLY uncomfortable after 18 holes but the premium leather will break in and mold to your foot after you start putting some miles on them.

The traction on the spikeless version of the Adidas was UNREAL! You would hurt yourself trying to get those cleats to slip intentionally, and felt more secure than my current spikes by a long shot. I feel like you could conquer any part of the golf course with ease wearing them.

All in all, of my opinion means anything to someone else out there, the Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL outperforms the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT Leather in every aspect. The adidas are a perfect blend of the classic traditional golf shoe, with a modern athletic shoe, and the comfort of your favorite casual daily drivers. If there was such thing as a perfect golf shoe, Adidas Tour 360 XT-SL is it. The price is on the higher end compared to other shoes in the field at $179.99 but I can assure anyone with doubt that your getting your money’s worth with them. The fact the Pumas were $150, after all my testing and research I would say is overly priced for the quality your getting. For an extra $30, your getting a substantial amount of added quality, performance, and comfort for that $30. With the pumas your investing $150 into style alone in my opinion. With $179 into the Adidas, your investing in your new favorite golf shoe that will outperform anything else in their path.

Wear them in good health!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As a fellow wide-footer, I'd definitely go with the Adidas. The fact that you can get them in a wide foot as well is a major selling point for me. I have two pairs of the 360's and a pair of PPF's.

Now - I have an abnormally wide foot toward the toe end. 27 years of ski boots and hockey skates have deformed my feet a fair bit. I have two pairs of 360s in wide, and a pair of PPF spikeless.  The ADI PPF shoes are borderline and took some breaking in, but someone just requiring a wider toe box, without really buggered up feet, I'd say the Adidas in regular width would be swell! Then there is the added bonus of being able to order the Boost 360's in a wide option - which is again the most comfortable shoe on the planet imho.

Looks like you made the right choice though, as I'm a little late to the party lol

Edited by Mmdanz
  • Like 1

Adidas fit me really well and are comfortable.... But I've never worn puma so take it for what it's worth.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As a fellow wide-footer, I'd definitely go with the Adidas. The fact that you can get them in a wide foot as well is a major selling point for me. I have two pairs of the 360's and a pair of PPF's.
Now - I have an abnormally wide foot toward the toe end. 27 years of ski boots and hockey skates have deformed my feet a fair bit. I have two pairs of 360s in wide, and a pair of PPF spikeless.  The ADI PPF shoes are borderline and took some breaking in, but someone just requiring a wider toe box, without really buggered up feet, I'd say the Adidas in regular width would be swell! Then there is the added bonus of being able to order the Boost 360's in a wide option - which is again the most comfortable shoe on the planet imho.

Looks like you made the right choice though, as I'm a little late to the party lol

My feet have definitely seen there fair share of abuse through a decade plus of work boots/steel toes so I can some what relate my man. My foot gets widest at the ballad of my feet but in a funny shape. This makes me excited with the adidas, due to the fact it was the best fitting shoe in standard (medium) sizing. If for any reason that they don’t break in and shape to my foot the way I’m anticipating they will, I will re-order another pair of 10.5’s but in a wide. The rest of the fit should stay the same from what I learned trying on what some would call “way too many shoes”. Appreciate your feedback!

• Like 1

Wear them in good health!

Will do my friend! Currently their. Wing worn as house slippers while watching the US Open

I'm all for Adidas. Their "high-end" shoes have very little break-in period required, and they hold up exceptionally well over time. I usually walk about 30-40 rounds a year (at least) in varying conditions, and I have never even had anything remotely close to a blister from Adidas. 

Pumas look great and have really stepped up their footwear game, but having had a few pairs in the [recent] past, I find them just as comfortable, but not as durable. 

If your goal is comfort, you can't go wrong with either. If your goal is comfort and durability, it's Adidas FTW.

Puma is the best , break in is quick, leather is soft and styling is super. Note that they tend to run 1/2 size large ...

The weight is  not a heavy shoe that can wear you down it;s light and soft with great traction plus the style is slick and always fashionable ..