Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Calcutta Golf Ball

Has anyone tried this new ball? I saw an ad for a free sleeve. I started the process, but pulled up when they asked for my credit card to pay for shipping. Although it was only $1.00, I'm skeptical of "free offers" that require one to pay for shipping. There are so many scams out there now. I never volunteer my credit card info unless I know the seller.

Anyway the ad has all the usual claims that the Calcutta is the longest, greatest ball ever. While I doubt these claims I am curious. I tried the Snell ball and it was pretty good. Also, I've read great reviews of the Kirkland ball from Costco and the Vice ball. I've been a Pro-V-1 player for years, but I'm always open to change.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

Call your credit card company and report it

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I thought it  bit odd but thought what the hell so I started the process to sign up the dog (now a few years deceased) to get a sleeve.   Then the $1 shipping fee AND the auto subscriptions popped up...   The bottom line is the dog (still deceased) will not be getting any golf balls as she doesn't have a credit card.

I think that golf ball company is run by a Nigerian prince.

BTW my filter for this stuff is I sign up the dog for most freebie offers and requests for info.   It's worked out well as it keeps us off many lists and it is also a great indicator for future junk mail.   Regularly getting LTC flyers, annuity sales dinner requests and (unsolicited) dating mailers to her on a regular basis.  Oddly no one from the dating service has ever responded to her interests of home cooked dinners, snuggling by the fire and long walks on the beach.

your credit card company should help you take care of it but it may take a while to get the payment back.          

If you ever wondered who falls for this stuff, now you know.    

Extremely unethical operation. I became a sucker last year when they were using MAJOR, not CALCUTTA as the brand of balls. The $1.00 shipping charge is merely to get your credit card number on file to charge you for the monthly videos. The disclaimer about the charging for the videos is buried so deep on one of the order pages, that only the most vigilant folks would ever see it. I sure missed it.....shame on me. However, there was certainly the impression given that they were selling golf balls, not overpriced golf instruction videos......shame on them. My advice is to run, not walk, away from this outfit.

Oh, and the golf balls? They look to me as if someone bought a bulk quantity of the cheapest looking golf balls available and imprinted the brand name with one of those hand held golf ball personalization stamps. They were packaged in what I perceived to be a cheep looking clear plastic sleeve, with absolutely no graphics on the packaging.

There are people in some other forums who have also said that there was at least one other name they were using as the brand for these golf balls.......which was the name of a, then existing, golf equipment company, whose lawyers had to get involved, so the story goes. In my opinion, even if you do end up paying only the $1.00 "shipping charge", you are not getting $1.00 worth of value.

• 2 weeks later...

I was given a sleeve and hit one off the first tee before a storm stopped me. I am 59 and losing distance for the most part. The only drive I hit went 289(which is not normal for me anymore) and felt like it. I was shocked. I did make a good swing with good contact so maybe my ProV1 would have gone that far, maybe. However, I hit it with my wedge on the next shot, thought I hit it good and it was about 5 yards shorter than normal. The test will be continued on Saturday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, brian.gent said:

they charges my card also and i can'f find a number to call to cancel it. any help ?

Got hit with it as well.

Call - 877-877-1990

BE aware, the CSR ion the call is VERY RUDE and talks quickly. I cancelled but then demanded the first 49.99 charge back, because of the deception on how it was stated in the first place.

Look online under "swingbits.com" and you'll see a BBB complaint. Use that when you call, tell them you are referring this to BBB and see what happens.

Good luck

Bill

Hey guys thanks so much for the information. Was looking at my free sleeve of balls and wondering why there was no graphics or information on it which is what led me to your forum. Anyways I  called the number that was provided by someone below and got through very quickly to find out that I was three days away from being charged $49.99.  They found my account quickly and let me cancel subscription without any problem only asking why. I told them that I wasn’t aware promo came with subscription and that was that.  Everything I say above is true except for the fact that I had my wife do it while I sat on the couch drinking a beer, cheers!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was a sucker, and ordered the free sleeve.   First of all, the Calcutta golf balls are crap.  Hated the feel and look of the ball.   Second, due to my oversight, I was unaware of the monthly charge of $49.99, I know, my fault.   I called the customer service number listed in a previous post.   After a long, drawn out "discussion" with Margarite, the CSR, I did get most of my money refunded to my credit card.   DO NOT order these golf balls, and if you do, be persistent, and DEMAND they refund your money if charged the $49.99.   They will crack, and refund if you stay persistent.   Do not let them off the hook!!!!    

• 2 weeks later...

After I ordered the free sleeve of balls and then reading  all of these reviews I called the number for customer service and cancelled my subscription. They did not ask why. And they did not charge me any cancellation fee. The balls are as good as the Bridgestone 330RX that I play. Also I cannot find anywhere to buy these.

It seems that this is a bait and switch operation. The golf balls perform, but as some have stated they are generic and not of high quality. They cannot be found for purchase anywhere. I have goggled Calcutta golf balls and have not located them anywhere. It is a gimmick just to get you to subscribe to the service which you don"t know you are doing. Buy your golf balls from a reputable source.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 8:33 AM, Hoganman1 said:

Has anyone tried this new ball? I saw an ad for a free sleeve. I started the process, but pulled up when they asked for my credit card to pay for shipping. Although it was only $1.00, I'm skeptical of "free offers" that require one to pay for shipping. There are so many scams out there now. I never volunteer my credit card info unless I know the seller.

Anyway the ad has all the usual claims that the Calcutta is the longest, greatest ball ever. While I doubt these claims I am curious. I tried the Snell ball and it was pretty good. Also, I've read great reviews of the Kirkland ball from Costco and the Vice ball. I've been a Pro-V-1 player for years, but I'm always open to change.

I responded with my $1.00 for the trial sleeve and received withing 3 days for day of ordering.  I also enjoy trying the 

claims made by new products.  I only have had one opportunity to try the ball and was pleasantly surprised.  I am currently

using the Srixon Z series and this ball consistently outdrove by a minimun of 5 yds and a max or 10yds.

Surprisingly it is difficult to find a site with ordering capabilities

• 2 weeks later...

You guys, it's not a big deal! Pay the $1, then when you get your email you go in and cancel the subscription...Nothing shady happened to me. I saw where it said you’ll pay $49.99/mo before I ever checked out. I got the sleeve of balls and that's that...NOW has anyone actually hit the ball? The OP was about feedback on the ball, not the "Nigerian Prince" who runs the company lol.

Edited by bgdsgolf

• 1 month later...

Thank you people ! I just ordered the golf balls and received them in a generic package that was open and the golf balls were in the bag .They are definitely cheap balls for sure.I called the 877-877-1997 number and they canceled any charges that would have been charged monthly for video services which you dont know about. Dont buy these balls and spread the word on these scammers. !

• 2 weeks later...

So glad y’all have this thread... HERE IS HOW TO CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION...if you go into your original confirmation email they give you a username and password... go to the website, type that username and password in, click account info and then click cancel subscription. Y’all saved me big time, thank you so much🙏

• 2 weeks later...

I fell for it and was immediately contacted by PNC with a Fraud Alert.  While on phone with PNC I opened confirmation email for purchase.  Scroll down and you will see that you have a 7 day free offer to Swingbits and then will be charged 49.99 monthly.  

"Terms and Conditions: You will have full-access to Swingbits's content and website for a trial period of 7 days for free. If you'd like to stay, your membership will $49.99 / month for full access to Swingbits associate site. Cancel Any Time. You may cancel your Swingbits Associate membership at any time by simply logging into the associate dashboard at www.swingbits.com/login/ and click cancel membership."

You put your email in user and password box.  Go to "account". Scroll down and you will see where to cancel. Click that and you will receive email confirming cancellation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well glad you stopped, I wish I had, because they will charge your credit card a $49.99 fee for monthly marketing fee after the $1.00 fee for shipping. And most likely continue to charge without a call to cancel. 
At first I thought to dispute the charge and still might. But when I called, while Customer Service was nice, they never said they could remove the $49.99, but give me 30% back! Customer Service did warn me that If I disputed the charge, they could charge me additional fees and most likely, I would loose the dispute, because I agreed to the fine print (uggh!!) 
I will call my credit card company and see if it can really be disputed. Needless to say I have not tried the golf balls yet. Who know, I might hit the h@#$ out of them! I wish I had investigated further before. 

Sincerely, Cj

Obviously this ball thing is a scam and we get that.  The part I can't figure out is how come so many people are joining just to put one post in this thread on how to cancel the subscription.  I feel like it should be some sort of scam or bot, but it generally reads like people trying to help other people cancel and get out of the scam.  

Just kind of weird

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 1 month later...

I called  877-877-1990 and spoke to Mel.  I cancelled quickly and when I asked for refund he said in his experience I would not get my money back because I had agreed to terms.  I hate losing $50 but lesson learned. I have not played the Calcutta golf balls but needless to say, do not get them.

I called  877-877-1990 and spoke to Mel.  I cancelled quickly and when I asked for refund he said in his experience I would not get my money back because I had agreed to terms.  I hate losing $50 but lesson learned. I have not played the Calcutta golf balls but needless to say, do not get them.

Dispute it with your credit card company. You should easily get your $$$ back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, brian.gent said:

they charges my card also and i can'f find a number to call to cancel it. any help ?

Terms and Conditions: You will have full-access to Swingbits's content and website for a trial period of 7 days for free. If you'd like to stay, your membership will $49.99 / month for full access to Swingbits associate site. Cancel Any Time. You may cancel your Swingbits Associate membership at any time by simply logging into the associate dashboard at www.swingbits.com/login/ and click cancel membership.