TESTERS WANTED! ×

Calcutta Golf Ball

Contact your Credit Card Co. they can do a charge back for you!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have tried almost every legal golf ball known to man. ProV-1’s and 3 or 4 other kinds of Titleists Callaway Chrome Softs and Warbirds, TaylorMades, Kirkland,   Nike’s and even Precepts. This year, though, I have finally found one that, for me at least, seems to outperform — the Bridgestone e12 Soft. I am 72 and never thought to see my scores head down again, but they have. Shooting mid 80’s, down from low 90’s. Plays maybe 7 to 10 yards longer off the tee, may 5 yards on long irons, great feel. Think I am probably done experimenting and have found my go to ball.

Not USGA conforming

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

I fell for this ad too. I canceled the service after the first charge however, I was charged the following month. When I called back after the charge the young lady offered discounts to save the account in which I refused. Then she agreed to cancel the account. When I asked for a refund of current charges she stated that they do not give refunds and hung up on me. This is fraud at an amateur  level. 

Thanks for all this ... received my golf balls yesterday but ordered last Thursday, saw about the $49.99 (thank you for pointing THAT out) and went into the shipping confirmation and went onto the site and cancelled. I ill let you know how the balls hit ...but I will most likely stick with Maxfli (Soft-Fli) and Volvik.

The balls are not good, I would hit TopFlite over these ... they are rocks with less distance than either of my usual balls. I kept one to use on my gully holes, wouldn't want to lose anything worth while!

Edited by Sheldawg

• 2 months later...

I ordered the balls also, they did say during the advertisement that there was going to be a 49,95 fee if you didn't cancel within 14 days. I thought it was for a dozen more balls so I tried the trail-period.  The ball felt pretty good but I didn't want to pay 49.95 for 12 more so I had kept the wrapper and on it was the number to the company.  It had Major Golf Pro C/O GLF and under it was the number 800.686.5793. At first I got a digital voice and had to hold for about a minute, they asked me if I would like for someone to call me back so I did. Got a call back about three to four minutes later and I canceled.  

I got the sleeve and played the balls.  Actually I loved the balls but also got the shaft with the automatic sign up.  American Express notified me of the scam and took care of it.  I'm looking for where to buy the actual balls now.  Just buy the balls and don't fall for the scam.

• 3 weeks later...

Geez,

I fell for the $1.00 deal also; now I have to watch for other billings.  I will say when I called to cancel that monthly subscription, I did get a live person, and she did send me an email confirming the cancellation.  How could all of us smart guys fall for this. and, yes, the ball does look cheesey.

I also fell for this, but cancelled right away and they still sent me the 2 sleeves. 

As far as the actual golf ball goes...I did some testing between this and a standard prov1 which is what it is supposed to be competing against. It is a MUCH harder feel and as all low end golf balls, the full shots with driver are very similar...slightly higher launch but similar spin. Mid irons, the effect gets more exaggerated...calcutta launches higher and spins less. This is also where you start to really feel how much harder this ball is than the ProV. Then the wedges...I hit a 54* that goes about 110 yards and spins about 11,000rpm with about 30* launch when I hit it well. The calcutta was spinning at 5000 if I was lucky and launching at 38-40*! 

Not saying its a bad ball...but certainly not competing with the prov. For what it's worth, it seemed very durable.

Edited by sngngl4

• 3 weeks later...

If you get taken in by this scam, demand access to their swingbits.com website.  I was charged $49.99 and called to cancel any further charges.  When I tried to access their website, I could only do so by doing a "free trial" which means committing yourself to a membership charge 30 days from now.  I wrote their support email address and demanded credentials to access the website features since they charged the 49.99 to my account and have no intention of refunding that amount.  I'll update everyone once I find out if they plan to stiff me for site access as well.  I will report them if they do that.

Update: they refunded my 49.99 when I demanded the site access.  Problem solved.

Edited by Drumster53

On 8/14/2019 at 9:05 AM, Bones said:

I signed up and ordered the golf balls. Then I was reading about the membership so I went into the website and canceled my membership with no problem 

Same here.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

• 1 month later...

Paid the $ for a sleeve and paid $6.99 for 3 addition balls. Hit the first ball yesterday off the t and the ball had some crazy left to right movement and then back to the left...wasn’t longer by any means but acceptable....had a 7 iron into the green and the ball duck hooked down hard...geez, what’s going on, dropped one of my reg balls and hit it on the green.....I asked my playing partner to hit the ball as he went for his and it went with the crazy movement again.......it was like a loaded trick ball...bagged them up and hit them into the lake when I got home.....guess they would have been fun to give the competition...save your money....

Bulldog

Suckers!  Whether you pay $50.00 a dozen for ProV’s or $14 a dozen for Kirklands, no ball is appreciably different from another.  “It is the Indian, not the Arrow!”  (I apologize to all native Americans).  Every golfer you watch on TV, with the amateur exceptions, are paid to play the ball they play.  They are not just given balls, many are paid thousands (some tens of thousands) to play a specific ball.  So if you think a ball will go farther, land softer, roll truer, because Dustin, Justin, Rory or Corey play it, keep hemorrhaging those dollars.  Find a ball that you play well with, starting with the cheapest one you can find and work up.  Even try the refurbs if you must.  Once there, try to play that ball whenever you can.  It will be one less swing thought you have to  endure.  Remember, you only get two thoughts so don’t waste one of them on a ball.

• 3 weeks later...

I fell for this.  Got the balls, and actually like them.  But I didn't remember seeing the $49.99 monthly subscription to their swingbits.com website.  Saw the charge on my credit card and felt so deceived.  I called the 877-877-1990 customer service number to ask for a refund and the lady on the other side (I think she was in the Philippines) was reading off a script and was very persistent  in offering me a % discount.  Every time I said no I want a refund, the discount kept getting bigger.  I finally gave her the BBB line as mentioned above, and she gave in.  She said I'll get the refund in 7 to 10 days.  We'll see if that happens.  Too bad, if this was legit, I probably would have kept ordering the balls.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't this similar to the Warrior golf business model? Bait and switch?

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2019 at 11:49 PM, Dogface said:

I thought it  bit odd but thought what the hell so I started the process to sign up the dog (now a few years deceased) to get a sleeve.   Then the $1 shipping fee AND the auto subscriptions popped up...   The bottom line is the dog (still deceased) will not be getting any golf balls as she doesn't have a credit card.

I think that golf ball company is run by a Nigerian prince.

BTW my filter for this stuff is I sign up the dog for most freebie offers and requests for info.   It's worked out well as it keeps us off many lists and it is also a great indicator for future junk mail.   Regularly getting LTC flyers, annuity sales dinner requests and (unsolicited) dating mailers to her on a regular basis.  Oddly no one from the dating service has ever responded to her interests of home cooked dinners, snuggling by the fire and long walks on the beach.

your credit card company should help you take care of it but it may take a while to get the payment back.          

If you ever wondered who falls for this stuff, now you know.    

Nice.  Do they ever question the name Fido?  Or is that like Shakira or Beyonce?

And when you attend the free sales dinner do they have a bowl of dog food waiting for you?

DRIVER:     Rogue 10.5 degree

3 WOOD:     Mavrik Max 15.0 degree

21 DEGREE HYBRID:     Titleist 909H

IRONS:     Callaway XR Pros  5 - PW

GAP WEDGE:      Titleist Vokey  48 degree

SAND WEDGE:   Titleist Vokey  54 degree

LOB WEDGE:      Titleist Vokey  56 degree

LOB WEDGE:      Titleist Vokey  60 degree

PUTTER:     Odyssey Black #7

BALL:       Titleist Pro V1  

• 4 weeks later...

From the fine print...

2022-08-22 14_32_39-https___www.swingbits.com_offer__gclid=Cj0KCQjw0oyYBhDGARIsAMZEuMu1jsTdxvqrKpmpX.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

• 1 year later...

It looks like Calcutta Golf Balls are still at it.  Their ad popped up when I went to mygolfspy.com website using the Chrome app.  People need to be warned about the practices of this company.  Like most deals that seem to be too good to be true are usually, this one is too good to be true.  In fact, there is a penalty for assuming it is a good deal.

glnelson7

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Speed 2021 11.5 degree, Rogue Fairway 3W 2019 15 degree, Rogue 4H 2018 21 degree, Rogue 2018 6I-AW irons, SureOut Wedge 58 degree

:cleveland-small: CG Black 3H 2015 19 degree, CBX SW 54 degree 2019

Taylormade Raylor 22 degree 2010

:odyssey-small: White Hot V-Line Mallet 2013 35 in.