TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter

Forum Member Review - Odyssey Stroke Lab Putters  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a believer in Stroke Lab tech?

Great stage ones guys but Berg that pipe is one of the strangest looking putters I have seen!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Great Stage 1's so far everyone! 

One thing I'll be interested in is the adjustment period - will it be quick, will it be a struggle, will gains be evident immediately, will you feel like you need to change your setup/stance/grip etc.? Putters seem to be the most personal of any stick in the bag, so how the new tech vs "old faithful" works for you will be some good reading. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Waiting on one more Stage 1 but I’m secretly hoping to see either a Tuttle or an R-Ball in play...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

Great stage ones guys but Berg that pipe is one of the strangest looking putters I have seen!!

So, the Pipe line of putters from Nickent game out as a response to the 2 ball craze of the early 2000's when everyone was experimenting with enhanced alignment in putters. I'm going to touch on this when I do my fitting post because I'm going to compare and contrast the way I picked the Pipe and how I was fit for my Stroke Lab, but you have to remember this was the time of the Craz-e, the Futura and Detour, the TM Monza lines, Never Compromises Voodoo line, the Rife 2 Bar Mallet, Nike's Blue Chip Oz, the MacGregor V-Foils and of course, the 2 Ball.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

One thing I'll be interested in is the adjustment period - will it be quick, will it be a struggle, will gains be evident immediately, will you feel like you need to change your setup/stance/grip etc.? Putters seem to be the most personal of any stick in the bag, so how the new tech vs "old faithful" works for you will be some good reading. 

Based on my fitting and performance so far, I don't think I need any adjustments to setup/stance/grip, at least in the short term. I can't really say there has been an adjustment period for me - things felt pretty natural from the word "go". There may be some long term adjustments/tweaks to see if I can squeeze out any more improvement, but that will likely be outside the scope of this test.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Great Stage 1's so far everyone! 

So, this is obviously a question teed up for me to answer more than most.

First, let's address feel. As I showed in the video I posted, sonically I don't hear much of different between the putters, maybe Stroke Lab is a touch softer on proper contact than the Pipe, but it isn't like marshmellow to ball bearing type difference. Also, I kinda custom counterbalanced my Pipe with the Lead Tape on the head, so that's not weird either.

Alignment is a bit different, but it hasn't taken much to adjust to that either. The modified Versa color scheme looks super cool and pleasing on the eye with Stroke Lab, so it helps me set up in good position I think. Also, as a line putter, having that small extended white line really does it for me. It's less obtrusive than the Pipe obviously, but I still feel good about my alignment.

Setup is proving to be a bit different and that deals with eye position more than anything else. Again, I plan on touching on this in the fitting post coming maybe Friday or over the weekend with graphics to illustrate why I thought I was going to get a mallet putter because of how I set-up with my Pipe and the eye adjustment I'm making to lead to better form with the Stroke Lab

Lastly grip has proven to be an early challenge, and it's on stupid stuff. You see, coming from an oversized grip on a face balanced putter, there were times on short putts (3-5 ft) where I just let it work itself down the line and the natural path of it allowed it to happen. With a putter with more toe hang and a smaller grip, I realize that my lazy stroke leads to the face closing down quickly either through natural path or having the smaller grip roll in my hands because of improper grip pressure and pulling these short putts when they should be easy to make. That's not to say I need to go tighter because that blocks my path and leads to a push, just staying a bit more focused and aware of the stroke as it's happening.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

Tomorrow will be round 4 with the stroke lab and I'm hopefully going to at least get another 9 in before going to China for a bit to work.

I have to admit the transition has been pretty easy so far. I noticed when practicing in the basement that it is much smoother. Compared to both the Ping and Nike which both have opposite feels the Stroke Lab is on between both. I'm not talking off the face either, simply swing feel. I always felt I liked the feel of a heavy putter as though it would guide itself and be harder to take off track. With a lighter feeling putter it would sway on me. The stroke lab finds a really nice balance between both and so far results have been good. 

The last two rounds have been very solid with only one 3 putt and it was going to be almost no matter what. Had 5 one putts my first real round out with it as the greens were incredible.

Second round was solid as well, no 3 putts but just really really bad off the tee so a lot of scrambling around.  

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, the Pipe line of putters from Nickent game out as a response to the 2 ball craze of the early 2000's when everyone was experimenting with enhanced alignment in putters. I'm going to touch on this when I do my fitting post because I'm going to compare and contrast the way I picked the Pipe and how I was fit for my Stroke Lab, but you have to remember this was the time of the Craz-e, the Futura and Detour, the TM Monza lines, Never Compromises Voodoo line, the Rife 2 Bar Mallet, Nike's Blue Chip Oz, the MacGregor V-Foils and of course, the 2 Ball.

Ah now it makes sense and if you look at my sig, I'm rocking the Rife 😁😎

Edited by Nunfa0

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

9 hours ago, bens197 said:

Waiting on one more Stage 1 but I’m secretly hoping to see either a Tuttle or an R-Ball in play...

I really like the look of the Tuttle, it takes me back to my Ram Zebra 😁

52 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Ah now it makes sense and if you look at my sig, I'm rocking the Rife 😁😎

And putting well with it! May be a bit older but certainly is very trusty for you. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

As requested by @goaliewales14 here is a 9 total putt, 3 with each putter tee video. 

After about 30 minutes of practice doing this drill it was a very close tie between my gamer (Ping) and stroke lab. Really can't say one was better then the other, but they both did best the Nike. I did feel very confident with both ping and Odyssey even though they are balanced very differently as I've mentioned previously. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

As requested by @goaliewales14 here is a 9 total putt, 3 with each putter tee video. 

After about 30 minutes of practice doing this drill it was a very close tie between my gamer (Ping) and stroke lab. Really can't say one was better then the other, but they both did best the Nike. I did feel very confident with both ping and Odyssey even though they are balanced very differently as I've mentioned previously. 

Very consistent strokes all around!  I was even watching the back swing and between the Ping and the Stroke Lab, I couldn't see any difference at all.  I thought this might highlight the difference since the Stroke Lab is all about "improving golfers strokes." Thank you for doing the drill! 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

8 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Very consistent strokes all around!  I was even watching the back swing and between the Ping and the Stroke Lab, I couldn't see any difference at all.  I thought this might highlight the difference since the Stroke Lab is all about "improving golfers strokes." Thank you for doing the drill! 

I'm in the process of posting 4 more videos on the channel. 9 putts with stroke lab, ping, Nike and another Nike I had which is not face balanced. Different camera view as well which may give a bit more insight as I did at times feel the stroke lab sway, but it seemed to get results.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

My stage 1 is up - I've been traveling the past couple weeks so it's been a little tough to get the time.  I'm playing my first 18 hole round Saturday as well - so I'll have a lot of updates to share!

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 6/12/2019 at 7:08 AM, russtopherb said:

Great point!  This is one of the reasons that I feel like a putter is so tough to change out.  Even more so than irons in my opinion.  My putter has the longest tenure of anything else in my bag at 7-8 years.  So far it's been a fairly smooth change except I do notice that the face seems softer with the Odyssey, but alignment, grip, stance, etc... have all been ok.  Weighting is a bit different - still need to play more to have a better description - stay tuned.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Great round of Stage One's by me and the boys in case you haven't seen them. As a tease, hopefully sometime this afternoon my post about my fitting will be going live in this very thread and hopefully we'll all have some discussion about rounds we played this weekend coming to you as well!

SIK Golf Flo-C

Alright, boo me if you want fellow spies. Due to work the fitting post is delayed until Monday. However, as a bonus, it will come complete with thoughts and stats from the first three rounds of play with Ye Olde Stroke Lab.

SIK Golf Flo-C

I just got back from spending a couple hours at the practice green, mainly focusing on putts of 10 feet and shorter. 

Some trends are starting to develop, but I don't want to spoil it until I get more time on the green. 

I will say early results suggest the Stroke Lab has a fight on its hands. This may change as I get further away, we'll see. 

I'm sure a little bit is due to my comfort level with my Ping. 

June 14th Update

This Sunday I'm off to China to make some curling ice and sadly the stroke lab will not be making the trip. So although I have some material to keep everyone entertained during the lull of play I do have a bit of info after my first 3 rounds. So far I'm impressed. I have had all of 2 three putts so far and last rounds was completely my own stupidity and not the stroke labs. As for round breakdowns those I will save for future, but here is a good showcase of them so far. Feel free to compare to the stage one graph shows the same numbers but from the previous 60 some of rounds. 

pixlr_20190614184302837.jpg

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I was playing last night in 30 mph winds to start off with and it got me thinking, is there any differences in heavy wind?  I could tell my "normal putter" stroke was affected by wind.  Is it better/worst/same for the Stroke Lab?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

On 6/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, goaliewales14 said:

I was playing last night in 30 mph winds to start off with and it got me thinking, is there any differences in heavy wind?  I could tell my "normal putter" stroke was affected by wind.  Is it better/worst/same for the Stroke Lab?

Haven't played in really windy conditions, but I can say I don't feel it would be effected any more or less then my standard putter. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Tease for my round report for Monday... I suck at golf

SIK Golf Flo-C

Well no golf today. It’s been storming all day. Going to try to play Tuesday if I am able.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ok, so you’ve been good little spies so let me bring you the long awaited fitting post. First, a big shout out to the newly opened Club Champion in Victor, NY and their guy Adam for the fit on such short notice. Also, even though I didn’t get fit there, a big shout out to Big Oak outside of Rochester as well. If they had the new Odyssey fitting board they would have likely been my first choice, but Jim was very understanding.

Now, let’s start by talking about how I ended up with the Nickent Pipe in my bag in the first place. The year was 2006 and the scene of the crime was the Central New York Golf Center near Bridge St. in Dewitt, NY. I went in that with the plan to pick up some kind of alignment based mallet and came down to three. The two finalists ended up being the Nickent Pipe and The Rife 2 Bar Mallet. I then took the balls on the putting green out to 20 feet, closed my eyes and hit some putts with my mom watching . I made 2 with the Pipe and none with the Rife. Decision made, that’s how I got the pipe and the rest, as they say, was history.

Fast forward to 2019 and driving out on a foggy morning to Victor, NY to get fit for a Stroke Lab Putter. Going out there I was pretty certain I was going to be in a mallet shape and my reason for that has to do with something I know about my eye position in putting. You see, when I’m putting with my Pipe, my eyes aren’t centered over the ball they’re actually drawn down the putter. I’ll drop a picture of the Pipe in here with a spot to show where my eye line normally lines itself up.

Y5JyXQ6l.jpg

Thanks to @Shankster for the Orange Duo Professionals to test

So yeah, my eyes settle away from the ball on my mallet. The reason for this is that I can see the pipe portion of the putter move away over this spot and make sure that it’s on a solid path back. I know it’s a bit weird, but it’s what helps me be certain I’m on the right path. So, looking at where my eyes are and knowing what we know about the line, you can understand why I was expecting to end up with an R Ball, Seven, or maybe even a Tuttle.

I arrive early in the morning and we get SAM Lab set up. It’s a really cool experience for me because I’ve never been on one and if you haven’t here’s how it goes. They take your putter and get some static measurements, using a digital loft and lie machine and a standard ruler for length. Then they attach the apparatus to read the machine on the front of your putter and you hit like 5-8 10 foot putts for a baseline. While I didn’t receive the report, and I should have asked for it for you guys, here’s what I learned

1)      My line up is pretty square with my Pipe, .4 degrees open.

2)      Path: I bring it outside and then bring it inside going forward. The issue with this is when I make I don’t bring it back inside, leading to a wipey push, my normal miss.

3)      Before and after impact: my stroke is always closing, closing .2 degrees before impact and closing .2 degrees after impact, allowing me to get almost perfectly square.

4)      Consistency: both numbers for this score were in the high 80s, so pretty damn good.

So, we put the numbers in and the suggestion of head style comes up, 30-45 degrees of toe hang. I find it a touch weird since I’m been face balanced for so long but I figure, well maybe I’m the person the Slant Neck Mallet was made for. So Adam stars out by giving me a 7S and I hit some putts with it. It feels ok at best, but I still feel like I’m steering a bit on the stroke. Also, and this is gonna sound weird, it feels head light. Obviously you all know I love my lead tape and considering the Stroke Lab is slightly counterbalanced, the head just felt light in the mallet. I think I went 2-5 before Adam decided the seven wasn’t going my way.

Then, he goes and grabs the One and something just feels different. The balance in this is a bit head heavy which is nicer for me as it smooths some things out. I proceed to make the next 6 putts in a row. Adam tells me, I think we have a winner but in my mind I almost don’t want to believe it, so I ask to try one more putter, the Double Wide Slant Neck. Here, I figure is the best of both world, a decent toe hang, blade, but with mallet principles. Admittedly, it’s ok, but just ok, going 5-8 from ten feet. I get the One back in my hand, going 6-8 with the two misses being lip outs and it’s decided, One it is.

Also, weirdly enough the SAM it recommends that I go with a standard sized grip. Deciding not to fight and also feeling as if that’s a bit weird to not consider the Stroke Lab with the grip it was intended to be used it, I do accept this finding and get it with the Standard Pistol Stroke Lab grip.

So, I thank Adam, get the printout of the specs, message them over to MPR and the rest is Testing history. I then spent an interesting late morning early afternoon with my girlfriend (who came out to keep my company) at the Eastman House and grabbed some food in like a city market type place with awesome burgers and woodfire pizzas.

Now, coming later today after I get back from lunch and court, I’ll bring you results from the first 3 rounds of play and they are… interesting to say the least.

SIK Golf Flo-C

While watching the US open, I found myself in the basement and doing alot of practice on my carpet with my PuttOut trainer.  I'd love the feedback from some of the other testers, but when comparing against my Scotty - the best thing I could come up with is that it feels like a forged iron (Scotty) then hitting a game improvement club (Odyssey).  

It's not a bad sensation, i just do not get nearly as much feedback from the Odyssey as I do with my Scotty Cameron.  I get that buttery soft feel with the SC that doesn't come through with the Odyssey. Maybe it's as simple as the Odyssey has an insert and the SC does not, but I wanted to point it out for anyone who may be coming from a 100% milled putter.

Keep in mind that my first 9 holes with the Odyssey resulted in just 12 putts, so it may not matter - just something to mention.

@Berg Ryman @Apolloshowl @MaxEntropy

Edited by juspoole

14 minutes ago, juspoole said:

While watching the US open, I found myself in the basement and doing alot of practice on my carpet with my PuttOut trainer.  I'd love the feedback from some of the other testers, but when comparing against my Scotty - the best thing I could come up with is that it feels like a forged iron (Scotty) then hitting a game improvement club (Odyssey).  

It's not a bad sensation, i just do not get nearly as much feedback from the Odyssey as I do with my Scotty Cameron.  I get that buttery soft feel with the SC that doesn't come through with the Odyssey. Maybe it's as simple as the Odyssey has an insert and the SC does not, but I wanted to point it out for anyone who may be coming from a 100% milled putter.

I have played soft-faced putters since 2000-ish, and the weights and balance points between the Odyssey and Ping are pretty similar, so I haven't noticed too much difference in the feel between the two.

I am curious about total weight, though. I need to remember to put them on a scale.

34 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Admittedly, as someone who doesn't really care that much about feel, my opinion really should hold no weight in this, especially since every putter I've played with has an insert. What I will say is that it feels a bit more fluffy on good center contact, maybe because of those hinges? All I really care about is does it get the ball in the hole or on the line I wanted to start it on with increasingly regularity. A you'll see with my next post, that answer is... usually.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Alright I've played three rounds with the Stroke Lab One at this time, all with my current skins game in the morning. Here's how it's performed

Round 1: Ball striking is a disaster on the front side. I play it in Bogey golf (44). There are 16 total puts, 7 2 putts and 2 1 putts. Best putt was a lengthy bogey save on the #1 handicap par 5 from 8 feet. Rolled it really nice. Back side, Stroke Lab and my ball striking come alive. 13 total putts, 4 2 putts, 5 one putts including one putting four of the first five greens. Stand on 15 -2 on the side, come home +3 from there due to fatigue and missing greens. Lip out a third birdie on the back on 18 to post 44-38 for a round of 82.

Round 2: Again, swing is a bit out of sorts early, but the putter is not there to save me. Took a total of 32 putts, 17/15 split with no three putts on my way to a 84. Weird part of the round, hit 6 putts that either stop on the lip or lip out entirely, including a putt that broken 15 feet on 4 and a similar putt on 13. I understand these are growing pains, but it doesn't feel great knowing I left so many out there. Lag putting continues to be solid with most finishing within easy tap in range, hence the majority of two putts because I'm not hitting wedges and short irons on target

Round 3: The round teased on Saturday, where I learned I suck at golf in a big way. Failure to break 90 for the first time in a single round in nearly 3 years, shooting the number on the nose. 39 putts.

39 PUTTS

4 three putts, 13 two putts, 1 one putt. Speed leaves me, hitting everything too hard, alignment is awful, I start making these stupid wipey strokes opening the face and pushing everything. Stroke is all out of sorts and I can't figure it out. The only 1 putt comes after flopping a wedge to a foot and it's conceded. Wasted money playing that round of golf and just frustrated at myself for playing so poorly. Really made me want to switch back to the Pipe, but I promised myself one month Stroke Lab only to get a good feel.

I'm hoping to find some time to practice this week as I clearly need it. What do I think the problems are?

1) Not trusting my lines yet: Because the aiming component is a bit more understated, I try to save what I consider to be bad alignment with a weird stroke path

2) Inconsistent stroke path: I've been a nearly SBST putter forever, moving to something with rotation is a change and it's taking time to get comfortable, especially under pressure

3) Eye position: I'm dropping my eyes back in a similar say to where there were with the Pipe, this is proving awful with the Stroke Lab as the weighting and toe hang are totally different

I'll keep you all posted, maybe going out again on Saturday morning, might be heading to Rochester for the International Jazz Fest that afternoon so may save some cash.

SIK Golf Flo-C

22 hours ago, juspoole said:

Keep in mind that my first 9 holes with the Odyssey resulted in just 12 putts, so it may not matter - just something to mention.

I've played all sorts of putters both with and without inserts and I had to admit I like the stroke lab feel. It's not that buttery soft blade like feel, but it has for a very responsive feel and I know where I've hit and what I've done when I make contact. Large part of that is I tried in practice hitting all over the have and figuring out what the feel is all over. It isn't the same feel as a milled putter, but it's also not meant to be. It does feel way better then the older micro hinge as well. That being said I hated my ping Tyne with it's harder loud sound, but came to love it after time. I'm really more interested in how the shaft makes a difference in my game.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Update after league play last night:

I had an OK round from a putting perspective. I averaged 2 putts per hole, which was a bit disappointing after the way I have been putting this year, but my chipping was crap. I wasn't catching the ball clean consistently so the bite/lack of bite was not predictable, leaving me too many 10-20 footers for up-and-down.

The jury is still out on short to medium range putts for the Stroke Lab - I assume some of this is just getting used to the slight difference in specs, but I need more time on the practice green. So far, I am very happy with the lag putting with this putter - I had 2 putts in the 50 foot range last night that ended up in easy kick-in range. Is this a face effect, shaft effect, or both?