TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter

Forum Member Review - Odyssey Stroke Lab Putters  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a believer in Stroke Lab tech?

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing seems right? I went to the practice green yesterday and couldn't make a putt even from 5-10 feet, with either putter. Something didn't feel right. After about an hour of troubleshooting, I decided to stop and disregard all data from the day and go hit a bucket of balls. My full swing felt all out of sorts too. To make matters worse, the grass tees were closed so I had to use a mat and with the mat in shade the lighting was so strange I had tons of trouble picking up the ball. I hit so many that I had zero clue where they went. Weird day, so I left about 1/3 of the bucket and went home, feeling totally defeated. Weather permitting, I'll try some more tomorrow. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

7 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing seems right? I went to the practice green yesterday and couldn't make a putt even from 5-10 feet, with either putter. Something didn't feel right. After about an hour of troubleshooting, I decided to stop and disregard all data from the day and go hit a bucket of balls. My full swing felt all out of sorts too. To make matters worse, the grass tees were closed so I had to use a mat and with the mat in shade the lighting was so strange I had tons of trouble picking up the ball. I hit so many that I had zero clue where they went. Weird day, so I left about 1/3 of the bucket and went home, feeling totally defeated. Weather permitting, I'll try some more tomorrow. 

Definitely have had those days and often while on the course. Typically I try to shake it off and just say it's one of those days and take in the sights to enjoy it. I'm sure it will turn around... A small break sometimes helps. 

Would everyone say their fittings were spot on or would you have changed anything now that you've had the putter in your hands for a little while?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I actually get to go out and play some golf today!!! Weather has been dry for a few days and found a sitter for the kids. Update coming in tomorrow.
Let’s see if i can keep the same momentum from my first 9 holes when I only had 12 putts and two birdies.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 6/22/2019 at 7:22 PM, Apolloshowl said:

Would everyone say their fittings were spot on or would you have changed anything now that you've had the putter in your hands for a little while?

I think it's a little hard to say right now. The slight difference in specs seems to be taking a little longer to get used to than I thought it would, primarily in the range where I have expectations that I'll make a fair amount of them. Distance control seems much better with the Stroke Lab than my Ping. 

I played 18 today instead of practicing. Overall it was pretty good - I shot 84 (+13) and know I left quite a few strokes out there due to having issues with punch shots in the wet, shaggy rough just not going far enough. I ended up with 29 putts - distance control on long putts was really good, but I did miss a couple very makable 10-15 footers where I didn't start the ball on line. I ended the round birdie, par, par, which always feels good to me. 

Had a beautiful day to play yesterday and even better I was able to walk the course on a Sunday and I was able to do it in 3.5 hrs. Below are the stats that I was taking and I used the Stroke Lab putter the entire round.  I want to get at least 4 rounds in with the stroke lab and after I may play 9 holes one day with the stroke lab and 9 holes another day with my Scotty Cameron for comparison.

image.png.58bd5954731af3d7ba97ee9e82ba848a.png

As you can see, I struck the ball decently well on approach shots and ended up with 14/18 GIR, driving could certainly use some work.  Majority of the looks at birdie were 20 ft or more so they weren't very realistic chances, but still nice to be on in regulation.  The biggest thing from the day was that I was unable to truly force myself to hit putts hard enough.  I played at a local course where conditions are average and the greens were playing very slow due to all the rain.  

Another takeaway for me was that for the most part I was hitting on my intended line and if I had a foot more of speed, I would have made at least 3 or 4 more birdies.  Also, my next putt was never a knee buckler but a very easy tap in for par.  So even though I am not thrilled with 33 putts during the round, I cannot complain about the lag putting for the day.

Edited by juspoole

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I'm going to agree with Max in being in the hard to say camp so far. I agree that the shaft has really helped me as far speed control, but I still don't feel crazy comfortable over the blade. 

Also, what do you guys think of the insert? Admittedly, I think the hinge aspect is more a groove technology than the actual hinges from the O-Works line, so I'm not really sure the need for them to be there.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Also, what do you guys think of the insert? Admittedly, I think the hinge aspect is more a groove technology than the actual hinges from the O-Works line, so I'm not really sure the need for them to be there.

Whether it is the grooves, hinges, shaft, or whatever, the Stroke Lab is helping me with distance control a lot so far. Off the top of my head, I have had one 3-putt since I started using the Odyssey and it was all my fault for badly pulling a 4 footer.

One of the hardest parts for me right now is reconciling the shorter misses (~ 6 feet), which are being pulled and pushed. Is part of it a result of me coming back to reality after starting the season on a hot streak and making a bunch in 6-18 foot range or is it just a matter of getting used to the new putter? I am playing in a scramble on Friday so maybe I'll use the Ping and see if I have similar struggles with it.

I would say mine is spot on - this putter correlates closely to what my SAM results said I should have with a putter.  I think this would be the putter that matches my stroke best and gives me the best chance to make consistent strokes.

19 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'm still getting used to the insert.  I certainly notice the ball coming off the face slower than my SC putter and I do lose some of the feel that I've grown accustomed to.  I haven't noticed the ball rolling any better than usual thus far, but definitely something I'm trying to keep an eye on.  As I continue on with testing and will implement more head to head testing, it should give me a better indication of differences.

**We are a almost a month into the test with these putters and I think we've all gotten to play a round or two.  At this point, what is the likelihood that you would keep this putter in the bag for the rest of the year?   

I would say at this point I'm still on the fence, but so far the results have spoken for themselves.  While I'm not making any more putts, my lag putting and speed control so far is much improved.  I like the feel of my current putter a bit more, but if I can have more rounds with no 3 putts, it will not be a difficult decision for me.

Edited by juspoole

34 minutes ago, juspoole said:

We are a almost a month into the test with these putters and I think we've all gotten to play a round or two.  At this point, what is the likelihood that you would keep this putter in the bag for the rest of the year?   

I would say at this point I'm still on the fence, but so far the results have spoken for themselves.  While I'm not making any more putts, my lag putting and speed control so far is much improved.  I like the feel of my current putter a bit more, but if I can have more rounds with no 3 putts, it will not be a difficult decision for me.

So, I've got 3 18 hole rounds and a 9 holer last weekend. And this point, I've not gone back to the Pipe yet but that's out of respect of the testing process to put the Stroke Lab through it's paces.

Being totally transparent, I'm not sure what'll happen at the end of this. I'm on the fence at best right now because I still have that 39 putt round in the back of my mind. Maybe July will bring better memories, but that's scar tissue that's hard to get off the brain.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

So far I've really enjoyed mine and it will very likely stay in the bag. With that being said going back home and getting a few more rounds in will certainly help! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

@MaxEntropy I really like the slow motion videos posted. Helps get a more precise view of the differences. 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

While watching the US open, I found myself in the basement and doing alot of practice on my carpet with my PuttOut trainer.  I'd love the feedback from some of the other testers, but when comparing against my Scotty - the best thing I could come up with is that it feels like a forged iron (Scotty) then hitting a game improvement club (Odyssey).  
It's not a bad sensation, i just do not get nearly as much feedback from the Odyssey as I do with my Scotty Cameron.  I get that buttery soft feel with the SC that doesn't come through with the Odyssey. Maybe it's as simple as the Odyssey has an insert and the SC does not, but I wanted to point it out for anyone who may be coming from a 100% milled putter.
Keep in mind that my first 9 holes with the Odyssey resulted in just 12 putts, so it may not matter - just something to mention.
 [mention=55883]Berg Ryman[/mention] [mention=61361]Apolloshowl[/mention] [mention=72853]MaxEntropy[/mention]

I had exactly the same sensation going from my Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 to the Stroke Lab 9. The difference in feel is amazing. It was ultimately the undoing of the Stroke Lab because it impacted my feel so much that distance control really suffered. I'll be interested to see what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I just noticed something that should be a great addition to my testing plan - When i got the putter, I attached my ShotScope sensor to it and just started playing. It occurred to me this morning I can identify the two different putters in the ShotScope software and track their on-course performance head-to-head. I spent the time this morning to edit all my rounds and make sure to pick the Odyssey for the rounds I have played since it arrived and there are some differences....

But you'll have to wait for my second stage.

A heads up, I'm probably playing again on Saturday, not to best my HRC score, but to hopefully perform with my skins game. I'll report back after the round, but it's another Stroke Lab round under the belt.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Update: Now that I have a fair amount of data (holes played) with both putters, ShotScope informs me that, right now, there are two primary areas in which the Odyssey is beating the Ping - make % from 0-6 feet and proximity and number of strokes needed to get down from 30+ feet. Currently, I am averaging 4 feet closer with the Stroke Lab when I am 30+ feet away. I was a bit shocked to see the 0-6 feet data, because it doesn't feel like I am better. In fact, if you've been paying attention, I haven't been particularly happy with the short range. Clearly I need to reset my brain as the stats don't lie. All I can figure is because the few misses in that range have been two-way misses and, off the top of my head, haven't been particularly close. If anyone has any other suggestions why my perception is different from reality, I'm all ears. 

I will include more charts and data in stage 2 when the time comes, but so far, there is little to suggest the Stroke Lab is going to to "blow away" my Ping. It may end up incrementally better, which is fine with me. Given that a lot of putting is about comfort and confidence, it may be that I just need more time with the Odyssey.

I am also still working on collecting data on the practice green for both putters to include in my stage 2.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/major concerns.

Will have an update in the next day or so.  I was able to play 18 holes Saturday and the honeymoon may be over.  My score didn't quite reflect how well I was with all my approach shots, but more on that once I can put it all into words.

So, like the other two posts I played this weekend and shot my best round in a while with a 79. 41/38. What I didn't expect is what happened on the back nine.

So, Front nine, par 35. Had a total of 19 putts on that side. 8 two putts and a three putt. The ball striking was ok and I had had two opportunities for birdies in my make-able range 12-15 feet but I missed the hole on both of them. Lag putting was again really good for speed and distance, but the ball just wasn't going in the hole. After the ninth I went to my trunk and pulled out the Pipe and made the first switch of the summer.

Started the second nine with two pars, a one putt after a near chip in and a two putt from 22 feet on a tricky line and tap in. Then, 1 putt birdie from 12 feet on Par 5 12th, One putt birdie from 15 feet 13. Two under standing on 14. Then, a triple bogey 7 on 14 which was more me feeling myself and going for heroics when I should have played it safe right side of green instead of through high tree window which led to going further in trees, but I two putted for that 7. Two putt par on 15, 1 putt par on 16, two putt bogey on 17 and a lip out eagle putt from 18 feet on 18 led to tap in birdie.

In all, when I went back to the Pipe, 14 putt back side, 3 birdies. I felt like I hit every line save the first putt on 15 and everything rolled pretty true. It's going to be interesting to see what gets the majority of my July rounds, but it's squeaky bum time for the Stroke Lab I think.

Now, I saw what @MaxEntropy said about his stats from 30+ feet and I'd say so far I agree. I do think I'm getting down in less from lag putting and I think the stroke lab shaft has something to do with that. The real question is would I be willing to trade a better lag stroke to tap in percentage and not feeling great over my "scoring range" which is that 8-15 ft range over feeling confident in that 8-15 ft range and grinding out those 2.5-4 footers second putts on maybe not as great lag putts. As of right now, I'm leaning the latter scenario, but there's still around a month of testing left to see what happens.

SIK Golf Flo-C

I played this past weekend and struck the ball better than my score would indicate.  At worst, I should have carded another 72, but ended up with a 76 due to putting and a couple hazard tee balls.

The front 9, I had two three putts, one from 18ft and the other from just 10 ft!  Luckily I had a couple birdies to help offset so ended up with a 2 over 37.

Second 9, I had two more three putts, one from 35 ft where I was putting for eagle so ended with par and another from only 20 ft.  Ended with a 39

As you'll see below, I was hitting my approach shots great and ended up with 13 chances for birdie that averaged 12.76 ft for birdie.  I understand that I'm not going to make a ton of those, but I wasn't even giving myself any chance at a make.  I had zero confidence in my putting ability the entire round.  

I echo what @Berg Ryman and @MaxEntropy are saying about the scoring range.  This putter gives me no confidence in that range.  I will also agree that for the most part, I do feel like I have been a bit better control for lag putting sans this last round.  I don't think it's the hinges that are doing it so I have to give it up for the stroke lab shaft for the assist here.  It really does seem like it gives a touch more feel.

image.thumb.png.b1548cc9245cd21fb04288a04f40512c.png

I am hoping to play again on Sunday and I will be bringing out my SC for a comparison.  This last round I played the greens were in a little better condition and faster than what I've been playing so far this year.  I think that is partly what messed up my speed as I was just not completely used to it.  This next course I play with be similar and will offer a good comparison.

Edited by juspoole

15 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I echo what @Berg Ryman is saying about the scoring range.  This putter gives me no confidence in that range.  I will also agree that for the most part, I do feel like I have been a bit better control for lag putting sans this last round.  I don't think it's the hinges that are doing it so I have to give it up for the stroke lab shaft for the assist here.  It really does seem like it gives a touch more feel.

I am experiencing similar issues - the Stroke Lab is very good from less than 6' and longer than 30', but so far, does not compare to my Ping in the intermediate, scoring range where we should have a reasonable chance at making a putt. As of yet, I don't have a good feel for why this is the case, but hope to sort it out by the time stage 2 rolls around.

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I am experiencing similar issues - the Stroke Lab is very good from less than 6' and longer than 30', but so far, does not compare to my Ping in the intermediate, scoring range where we should have a reasonable chance at making a putt. As of yet, I don't have a good feel for why this is the case, but hope to sort it out by the time stage 2 rolls around.

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

I echo what @Berg Ryman and @MaxEntropy are saying about the scoring range.  This putter gives me no confidence in that range.  I will also agree that for the most part, I do feel like I have been a bit better control for lag putting sans this last round.  I don't think it's the hinges that are doing it so I have to give it up for the stroke lab shaft for the assist here.  It really does seem like it gives a touch more feel.

Here's the weird part about this too guys. In the Most Wanted Blade test, Stroke Lab Three was the best performing putter at that 10 foot distance with 45% and the Double Wide was more middle of pack with 31%. The mallets were a bit more middle of the pack (40% make rate for Seven, 35% for Tuttle, best was TA Impact #3 at 60%).

I'm subbing in my league today and because of wanting to play well I think I'm going Pipe today for 9 holes, but will likely go back to Stroke Lab on Saturday to see if I can't find the magic with it I had in the fitting. Maybe it's a closed environment thing? Maybe it's it's only been 5 weeks, I honestly don't know.

And to you guys reading this, I wish we had more answers for you instead of questions of ourselves, but that's the beauty of these testing opportunities. You get to see the doubts and the trial and error of us working through things, especially in situations where the club doesn't immediately reap rewards or drop perfectly into our bags. I hope you're getting something out of this as well.

SIK Golf Flo-C

11 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

And to you guys reading this, I wish we had more answers for you instead of questions of ourselves, but that's the beauty of these testing opportunities. You get to see the doubts and the trial and error of us working through things, especially in situations where the club doesn't immediately reap rewards or drop perfectly into our bags. I hope you're getting something out of this as well.

Good point. I have to remind myself that since putting is a fair amount psychology and I have more or less been using the same putter for about 5 years. Even when I'm not putting well, I am used to everything about it. 

Well look at that nifty poll on the front page!

If you're new to the thread, welcome and hopefully you check out everyone's stage one's on page one. @Apolloshowl, @juspoole @MaxEntropy and I will be your guides, answer any questions, and keep you updated on our latest excursions. So whether you just wanna dip your toe into the Stroke Lab pool or cannonball your way in, we're here for y'all!

SIK Golf Flo-C

First time on the course in a couple weeks and my putting has not missed a beat. I didn't shoot the best with many tee shirts getting away from me but the confidence on the greens was still there. No 3 putts once again and sorry I only played 9 because with it is still great to get out. I have one slight concern with the head weight feeling lighter it had a bit of a waiver during take away which the ping did not have. It always comes back square and through and I'm not missing more putts, but it is a weird feeling

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

So, update on that Wednesday 9 hope round. Took the Pipe out, 15 total putts with 2 lip hangers. 3 one putts from 5, 7 and 13 ft. 13 ft were downhill left to right slider for the only birdie of my round. A round where ball striking was good and if I just had those hangers drop would be special

Went to the putting green yesterday to work on the Stroke Lab. There was some progress but also quite a bit of frustration.

What I'm keying on right now it the finish of my stroke. It feels like I'm fighting the toe hang at points leading to a bad push or over releasing it and pulling everything. What's weirder is that it's not happening over putts I'm not griding on. Like the 3 footer is just autopilot, same with the long lag. Because I'm not confident in my stroke path from that "scoring distance" I'm fighting every putt it feels like.

I'm playing tomorrow morning and it'll be a game time decision as to what makes the bag.

SIK Golf Flo-C

I played 18 with @MattF and a friend of mine today. Overall, I putted pretty well - no real bad strokes, ending up with 32 putts. I did have a 3-putt, but it was a very rushed second putt due to the rain that had started dumping on us. Other than that, distance control was very good all day, nearly every second putt was stress free. I made a couple decent putts in the 10-15 range, but in general I was reading too much break. I missed two makable birdie putts, but they were read issues, not stroke issues. The more I play with this putter, the more comfortable I am getting with it. We'll see how the stats work out by the time stage 2 drops. 

https://www.therisegolf.ca/

2 hours to tee off on a brand new course. Update to follow!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Ok so here is the round recap.

Screenshot_20190707-220023.thumb.png.b8055760919cef9d31a14b1032009672.png

Not sure I have ever struck the ball that well before in my life. I did have a few mishaps, but overall felt so in control and just on point. Missed one fairway and even that was in a good spot. Drove a green with my 2 iron, hit a 4 crossover 281 yards down hill and hit 12 of 18 greens in reg. Ended up with a 77 or 5 over. Now normally I'd be thrilled and it was by far my best round of the year. However I had so many poor putts and really could not get any great feel for speed. They were quick without question, but that made me almost scared and I left way too many putts short which resulted in so many missed opportunities. Honestly felt as though j could have shot under par for the first time ever and it was on a very tough right course with a ton of blind shots. Also maybe the most spectacular course I've ever played on when it comes to views. Please check out the link above to give it a look. 

Screenshot_20190707-220039.thumb.png.aeaa4a9f75b2761db9861f9565e73a5e.png

Anyway it was the first time where my putting really felt off and disappointing. I have a couple more rounds this vacation and I'm sure it will turn around, but my putting has always been so solid and this was definitely a step backwards and maybe it was just the greens, but I really feel as though I left 5 more birdies out there that were makeable and not too difficult. Even the second birdie today I thought was a par 4 on what I found out to be a part 5... Oops. Back to the same course Wednesday and another new course Friday so we will see if there is any improvement in the putting front.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Also maybe the most spectacular course I've ever played on when it comes to views. Please check out the link above to give it a look. 

Wow Apollo - took a look at some google images and that course looks amazing!  Especially the 18th approach into the green with the river valley in the background.  

I was able to get a couple hours practice this weekend and tried to do some different comparisons against my current putter.  I played a couple 9 hole putting rounds with each putter.  Most of these were 30 foot plus with a couple 15 footers sprinkled in.  

Results from 9 hole putting round:

Stroke Lab - 8 two putts and 1 one putt.  Winner in 9 hole contest.

Scotty Cameron - 9 two putts (2 lip outs)

Above are a couple makes with the Scotty Cameron from 30 feet, the video cut off before stroke lab was shown, but I had two misses with the SL, but they were good lag putts.  Similar theme I've been getting on anything 25+ feet.  I don't really make much, but lag putting is strong.  

Direct comparison from SC (first putt) to Stroke lab from about 12 ft.  Just seem to make a more confident stroke with SC and tend to push the Stroke Lab a bit.  I do notice the toe is up slightly so I will have that addressed.  In the 15 ft and less zone when I have make-able putts, I feel like I used to brush the edge or make the putt about 75% of the time with my SC.  Now it seems that has changed to 25% and the other 75% is just nestling near the hole, but no chance to actually go in.  

One thing that helps me alot with the stroke lab on longer putts is the softer face, I feel like I can be a bit aggressive with the putt and not fear it will roll past.  That has always been a bit of an issue for me is speed control on longer putts and I tend to miss long more than anything else.  However, the feel I have from my SC gives me more confidence in the make-able range.

Still more trial and error to come, but so far this year, my putting feels like an achilles heel to what has been really great approaches into greens and high GIR's.

Ugh, today was a day I wasn't hoping was coming this season. I'm back to being a double digit handicap golfer. 10.0 on the number. Admittedly playing only one round a week isn't helping matters, but my 4 stroke lab rounds have been 82, 84, 90, and 85. Two Pipe rounds 79 and 82 in between.

Admittedly that last 85 was this Saturday and our last ten holes were plagued by rain but I went +5/+8 without making anything of importance. once the rain hit I was +3 through 8, went home playing bogey golf with a couple of three putts. I made one birdie but that was a stomped wedge to 2 feet. I will continue to test and try but it's looking bleak. The ball is just not going in the hole.

SIK Golf Flo-C