TESTERS WANTED! ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

STUDque

Probably not. I’m on vacation this week and have to wake up to this view each morning. So far the scorecard is:

Lake 2
Early morning golf 0.

I have a tee time for Thursday and that be my only four club round this week.

IMG_1054.JPG.8258fedde013ea3dcf36aee6f17ae732.JPG

You’ve got me beat.

Work 2

Golf 0

Enjoy your vacation!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Since I’ve been absolutely destroying things in the challenge so far, I went for a lesson tonight. I’m hoping that is going to start getting me sorted out.

One of the lessons this challenge has taught me about my game is that I don’t know how to fix my errors on the course. Huge gap in my game right now. Self correction is the only kind of correction we have on the course, and I’m failing at it big time.

I’m happy to keep working to find it though. It’s all part of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Do you think you’re thinking too much? If so try beer on the course. I find 2-5 to be the sweet spot.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Do you think you’re thinking too much? If so try beer on the course. I find 2-5 to be the sweet spot.

Probably somewhere in between thinking too much and not thinking enough. Could just be lack of trust in my swing.

A few beers could be what the game/brain needs.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

12 hours ago, palvord said:

I enjoyed reading your stuff in the Epic Flash testing, and your reason for golfing sounds similar to mine.

Again, strategy isn't my strong suit.

strategy smategy!

8 minutes ago, palvord said:

Probably somewhere in between thinking too much and not thinking enough. Could just be lack of trust in my swing.

couple drops of CBD maybe

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Strategery is more what I use.

And CBD could be a good idea too.

Played nine after work today and shot about average for me. One major improvement I've had is that I no longer really worry about my irons. 

I used too. It wasn't uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 penalties from approach shots with my irons. Or to lose balls on par 3 tee shots. 

The F9s are just straight and incredibly forgiving. Did I mention they are long? Now I'm able to focus on the parts of my game that can really drop my scores. Which is chipping and tee shots. Although using the 3 wood yielded 5/7 fairways so maybe it's just chipping it close that is my next big thing and staying out of trouble. 

Seriously though if you are a mid to high handicapper. These things work and if you don't have a problem gaming one lengths then do it. I hit a 238 yard 5 iron today...so don't let anyone tell you that they can't be hit as far because they are shorter either...worried about accuracy? Here's my ball mark from that same 5 iron uphill about 190 on a par 3. 

MVIMG_20190716_171731.thumb.jpg.02389b7f3197c30c20945aaeeaa5bd94.jpg

I know it feels like Im venting but there's so much negativity around one lengths that it drives me crazy. I'm officially a convert. Whatever formula Cobra is using for these works. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Played nine after work today and shot about average for me. One major improvement I've had is that I no longer really worry about my irons. 
I used too. It wasn't uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 penalties from approach shots with my irons. Or to lose balls on par 3 tee shots. 
The F9s are just straight and incredibly forgiving. Did I mention they are long? Now I'm able to focus on the parts of my game that can really drop my scores. Which is chipping and tee shots. Although using the 3 wood yielded 5/7 fairways so maybe it's just chipping it close that is my next big thing and staying out of trouble. 
Seriously though if you are a mid to high handicapper. These things work and if you don't have a problem gaming one lengths then do it. I hit a 238 yard 5 iron today...so don't let anyone tell you that they can't be hit as far because they are shorter either...worried about accuracy? Here's my ball mark from that same 5 iron uphill about 190 on a par 3. 
I know it feels like Im venting but there's so much negativity around one lengths that it drives me crazy. I'm officially a convert. Whatever formula Cobra is using for these works. 

I am really glad they are working for you. Are your chipping issues because of the single lengths or has it always been a problem area for your game? I spent a week on Cape Cod over the 4th of July and my son and I chipped for about an hour everyday and it made a huge difference on the course.

So there you go, on top of work and keeping up with the challenge add an hour of chipping each day to the agenda.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

strategy smategy!

I hope you two at least get a participation trophy. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Nice shots! I know you stated earlier in the thread that you got pretty long shots, but that 238 with a five iron is impressive! The one regret I have in getting fit for my Cobra's last year is that I didn't even think about trying the one lengths. Don't get me wrong, I love the F8's, but I still struggle with the long irons from time to time.

Great job so far this week guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

7 hours ago, palvord said:

Maybe you should play golf with Bucky's wife, sounds like she carries a drink or two....

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

On 7/16/2019 at 3:07 PM, yungkory said:

That's a good question for the bunch. How'd you decide on who you picked as a teammate? In other words why did you pick me if you wanted to compete @palvord 🤣

I had met and played golf with @Apolloshowl earlier this year, he's another lefty, he has Arccos and need I mention his dog?

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

8 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I am really glad they are working for you. Are your chipping issues because of the single lengths or has it always been a problem area for your game? I spent a week on Cape Cod over the 4th of July and my son and I chipped for about an hour everyday and it made a huge difference on the course.

So there you go, on top of work and keeping up with the challenge add an hour of chipping each day to the agenda.

Honestly it's a practice issue. There was a season where I was practicing just that and I got pretty good. But like anything feel related in this game, if you don't keep working at it you lose it. And my wedges are not single.length so can't blame my poor chipping on that. Ha

This challenge has such an emphasis on playing rounds that there just isn't time for me to play and practice too. Once the challenge is over I'll probably spend one of the weekdays I usually spend playing 9 as a practice session again to try and bring that chipping handicap down.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Nice shots! I know you stated earlier in the thread that you got pretty long shots, but that 238 with a five iron is impressive! The one regret I have in getting fit for my Cobra's last year is that I didn't even think about trying the one lengths. Don't get me wrong, I love the F8's, but I still struggle with the long irons from time to time.

Great job so far this week guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You could always try a mixed set. Or buy a one length 5 iron and see how you like it. You might could even do a utry or rental program or something. 

I mentioned this before but it does take an adjustment. If you remember from earlier in the thread I couldn't hit the long irons the right distance for the longest time and then suddenly 2 or 3 weeks after getting the clubs something clicked and now I love them.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

On vacation. Called a local course yesterday to find out when they opened so I could be first off the tee. Woke up at 5am (again - on vacation) and arrived at 6am only to find the pro shop is locked. Maintenance kid said the course opens at 6 and he doesn’t know why no one is here.

Nice start to my first four club challenge round for the week.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

8 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I hope you two at least get a participation trophy. 

HELL NO!

I don't believe in those things. Winners get trophies. Everyone else just learns lessons.

46 minutes ago, palvord said:

HELL NO!

I don't believe in those things. Winners get trophies. Everyone else just learns lessons.

#cobralessonstrophy

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

On vacation. Called a local course yesterday to find out when they opened so I could be first off the tee. Woke up at 5am (again - on vacation) and arrived at 6am only to find the pro shop is locked. Maintenance kid said the course opens at 6 and he doesn’t know why no one is here.

Did you ever get on the course? I would be livid. Like Sergio on the greens kinda livid. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

37 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

After 20 minutes I said F' it and just walked to the first tee.  I stopped in the pro shop at the turn and told the guy what happened.  He said he never gets there before 6:30 in the morning and had no idea why the guy I talked to yesterday said 6am.

They ended up charging me the 18 hole walking rate but gave me a free cart and a gatorade for the back 9.  That worked for me.

Well that makes up for it I guess. At least you got to play. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

5 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

That's ridiculous - which course?  I know a lot of the courses in your area - remember I lived in Sheboygan and had several friends in Milwaukee that I would come down to play with.  One had ties to Tuckaway - got to play there a few times. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's ridiculous - which course?  I know a lot of the courses in your area - remember I lived in Sheboygan and had several friends in Milwaukee that I would come down to play with.  One had ties to Tuckaway - got to play there a few times.

I’m in the Madison area this week. Playing my rounds at Door Creek GC in Cottage Grove, WI. Nice short par 71 from the middle tees is perfect for the 4 club challenge.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

50 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Bout to head to the course here in 90 minutes. The winds are up, and its hot AF, but I'm stoked to give this a shot and represent team @palvord aka WEAPONS OF GRASS DESTRUCTION.

Like @revkev I picked the course and the clubs that should allow me to not have to get too creative barring any really bad shots. Only concerns are 2 of the Par 3's but I'm hoping I can squeeze out a par.

Picking up pizzas for web wednesday after, and top it all off by watching the opening round of The Open. Life is gooooooooooooooood.

Just out of curiosity what is HOT AF in Hawaii?? 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Just out of curiosity what is HOT AF in Hawaii?? 

currently 87F and 60% humidity

feels hotter than it measures because we're so close to the equator. the sun here doesn't mess around!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

currently 87F and 60% humidity

feels hotter than it measures because we're so close to the equator. the sun here doesn't mess around!

87?!? When I played yesterday afternoon it was about 38 🥶🌨️

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Figure I'd chime in. Played first round yesterday with the 4 club Challenge (Thanks MGS and John for the invite!) Played pretty well and honestly made me think I could always play with 4 clubs. I may be wrong, but I believe @Nunfa0 and I are the only team to not take a driver? Guess we will see how that pays off...

Hopefully will get another 2 cracks at it this week. With one sub 80 round in the books should be fun to see how low I can go! Here are some photos from the yesterday morning. IMG_20190716_103414.thumb.jpg.fa4170b6d4101ff0f06edd894f0ef0ad.jpgIMG_20190716_093605.thumb.jpg.f05a820259880a7eeeb4a80c9e20ac44.jpgIMG_20190716_084232.thumb.jpg.bf37058d287ef4e419ee6840bbc774e9.jpg

Apollo was looking handsome that day 😁