GolfSpy STUDque

2019 OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

You're just too old to understand 🙂 Kinda like how you can't figure out the multiquote button. You might need taking out to pasture along with the CCC3 challengers' old bags 😥

STOP TURNING ME AGAINST NON PARTICIPANTS WTF DUDE! We're supposed to be on the same team here!

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

He's too old to understand 🤣, Now @GB13 looks like this in my head.....

giphy.gif

😂🤣😂You guys are great!! 

I think @yungkory is schizophrenic, going from a joking tone to yelling at me. Someone please tell grandpa to turn off the caps lock. 😁😉

And @Nunfa0, that's pretty much accurate, except the one time I tried to skateboard, I fell flat on my ass. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Here's the thing, and I want you to read this carefully, and it applies for all grammar mistakes I make in the future too. IDGAF about grammar. 

Apparently you also DGAF about earning potential to support your future golf habits.😂

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Apparently you also DGAF about earning potential to support your future golf habits.😂

I come off as a lot more likeable in person. Also, when I really need to, I can use proper grammar, I just don't like to. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Here's the thing, and I want you to read this carefully, and it applies for all grammar mistakes I make in the future too. IDGAF about grammar. 

Image result for grammar is hard gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I come off as a lot more likeable in person. Also, when I really need to, I can use proper grammar, I just don't like to. 
At least you're not talking in text.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

So far so good. Lots of info here. Bucky was strong in the opening, but lost me with a 73-78 performance winning by 11 in a flighted tourney as a 7 capper. Good rounds though. 

Couple of Lefties were strong as well. 

There is so much info in these openings, it will take a bit of time to get through it all. 

• Like 7

So far so good. Lots of info here. Bucky was strong in the opening, but lost me with a 73-78 performance winning by 11 in a flighted tourney as a 7 capper. Good rounds though. 
Couple of Lefties were strong as well. 
There is so much info in these openings, it will take a bit of time to get through it all. 

That surprised me as well. My two rounds before the tournament were 86-87. No idea where back to back 70’s came from. Must be the clubs.
  • Like 4

Tried to play today with Arccos. It was a 27 hole course splint into 3 different 9s. Technically I think we started on the back?? Maybe the back back?? Anyways couldn’t get Arccos to load up or ever begin to start working. Strike one for Arccos, gave up on hole 3 trying to make it work. I guess I’ll wait until this weekend when I make it back home.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tried to play today with Arccos. It was a 27 hole course splint into 3 different 9s. Technically I think we started on the back?? Maybe the back back?? Anyways couldn’t get Arccos to load up or ever begin to start working. Strike one for Arccos, gave up on hole 3 trying to make it work. I guess I’ll wait until this weekend when I make it back home.

Did you download the course before playing? I’ve had issues trying to download a course on the tee but never at home or on WiFi.
  • Like 2

Did you download the course before playing? I’ve had issues trying to download a course on the tee but never at home or on WiFi.

I didn’t download it. Had to drive around and check with courses, most of them just punched the greens. Next time I’ll download the course before we start.

• Like 2

I didn’t download it. Had to drive around and check with courses, most of them just punched the greens. Next time I’ll download the course before we start.

Downloading the course beforehand makes a world of difference. Hope next time you have better luck.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bardle said:

Great to have you aboard. Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the One Length. I see our handicaps are basically identical, so hopefully I can provide some useful information for you. 

The thing that most interests me as you progress is how you're finding adapting to the single length. Are you hitting balls harder or softer due to the shaft length to compensate? Does the length in the scoring clubs mess you up vs a traditional set that's got shorter shafts? Losing ball height in the longer irons? 

All of those seem to be common complaints with single length irons however they seem to be from golfers who have used traditional sets for years and their swings and feels are ingrained. It'll be interesting to see someone with a higher handicap that doesn't have decades of experience with how traditional set shafts decrease in length the higher up you go. 

• Like 1

I have limited exposure to this point so I don't want to give you any feedback on those particulars just yet.

Totally understood, I meant that those are prime areas I would like to see you hopefully talk about as things progress since you’re the only One Length participant

Your input and thoughts so far have been awesome. Keep it up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Totally understood, I meant that those are prime areas I would like to see you hopefully talk about as things progress since you’re the only One Length participant emoji106.png

Your input and thoughts so far have been awesome. Keep it up!!!!

Noted. I'll do my best but you may have to remind me from time to time. This thread can get a little out of hand at times. 😁

• Like 2

Noted. I'll do my best but you may have to remind me from time to time. This thread can get a little out of hand at times.

What don’t all other threads here get 10 new pages every day????

In all seriousness this is already shaping up to be an epic thread and challenge. Too awesome.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bardle said:

Noted. I'll do my best but you may have to remind me from time to time. This thread can get a little out of hand at times. 😁

That makes two of us. Really interested in your progress with the OLs

• Like 2

That makes two of us. Really interested in your progress with the OLs

That makes 3 of us. My questions will be numerous throughout but for starters here we go.

Stock OL irons use different weighted shafts. Did you get the same shaft throughout the set?

Do the different lie angles impact ball flight for each club? IE do the 4 and 5 tend to go left and the 9 and PW tend to go right?

Does the different offsets in each club matter?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

That makes 3 of us. My questions will be numerous throughout but for starters here we go.

Stock OL irons use different weighted shafts. Did you get the same shaft throughout the set?

Do the different lie angles impact ball flight for each club? IE do the 4 and 5 tend to go left and the 9 and PW tend to go right?

Does the different offsets in each club matter?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

This makes 4 of us. I'm really interested in the OL effectiveness. I'd probably be looking at the Tour Forged OL or Forged Tec, but I'm super interested in the theory. 

• Like 2