GolfSpy STUDque

2019 OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

#CCC3 Week 7  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Shot/Hole was your favorite?

• BARDLE
    • BUCKY CC - "Eagle for the Win"
    • NUNFA0
    • PALVORD
    • ROBERTSON153

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 07/29/2019 at 02:00 AM

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I think you would hear some very choice words not meant for children.  There would be a lot of "Turds!" and "Double Turds!" being thrown around.

Yeah, you're right. @Wedgie only has the  mental maturity of a 6 year old, and it might not be suitable for him to watch. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 3

Just now, GB13 said:

Yeah, you're right. @Wedgie only has the mental age of a 6 year old, and it might not be suitable for him to watch. 

Dude, 13 would be much more appropriate.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MVIMG_20190614_092241.thumb.jpg.11d7d6e308db479545d8d23ca08bc893.jpg
Here's what I'm talking about on the wedge finish. 

That’s what I always worry about with dark finishes. And now for some heckling:

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, edingc said:

Cobra uses the same DBM finish as what is on my Maltby wedges. It wears, but unlike PVD, it turns more a shade of gray than wearing to plain metal. The finish is actually impregnated into the metal and is not just a coating.

Both of my wedges were new this spring. The leading edges of both are now pretty worn. Not in an ugly fashion, though. 

Excellent feedback edingc!  It is a little like the dad coming in to calm down the rowdy kids with actual insightful information.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bardle said:

I'm not sure what it is but I never chunk or thin the thing.

Anyone else thinking that the only thing that could have jinxed this statement more is if the TV announcers were saying right before he hits the shot?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Ahem ummmm

you can make up for it. 

....he would need to make up for it.  Mad Bum would laugh at grown men pitching underhanded and playing on 60 ft bases

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

That Haka is not bad but try these two...

Why would I ever try to do a Haka when we have these guys to do it for us? Besides the Haka is sacred to NZ and I would never disrespect it with my total lack of ability and middle aged white guyness. I know it would be hilarious but I would injure myself trying and that would ruin the challenge. So I'm sorry but my hands are tied....

🤣😂😁😎

I hope you don't make this many excuses for your golf game.

• Haha 3

You mean for the two fairways I actually hit off the tee tonight?  Both ended up being wedges that hit the green.  I think my subconsious realized I hit the F9 irons better from the rough so I'm inadvertently pushing and pulling my tee shots out of the fairway.  

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I wonder if any of them miss their old clubs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Not a chance in hell. The F9’s are now my obsession.

I’m Sméagol slowly becoming Gollum, but with F9’s instead of a ring with my crazed obsessiveness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Uhhhh YEAH that's not too shabby!!

For you and the other contestants in the challenge - any early frontrunners for "favorite" Cobra club in the bag yet? 

Driver, 5 iron, 56 wedge.

Driver - the shorter shaft is possibly helping too, but I am finding the center of the fairway more often than I was in the past. Currently, Arccos has me at 245 yards as my average. I’ll take that in the center of the fairway every day

5 iron - has become a driving iron for me. Arccos has my average at 196 yards for my average and that is a mix off of the tee or off the deck. It cuts through the rough easily when needed, launches high on almost all shots, and lands soft on the green. In my old set, I rarely used my 5 iron. Now, I cannot play a round without using it multiple times.

56 wedge - the versatility has been amazing. My previous 56, I never felt like I could take a full swing with. I’ve now been able to use it for full swings as well as pitching and chipping. It has become a go to club around the green, where my 52 used to be my go to.

• Like 3

A good challenge would be listening to the Arrcos caddie for a round and see what happens.

To follow caddie advice, you need a strong baseline of club statistics.

That challenge would be great after a season of play.

After testing the Arccos system in the fall, my club distances didn’t fully average out until after 30 or so rounds of play.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Yeah, my irons really surprised me.  So Nunfa, what is the biggest difference between your Mizunos and the Cobras?

So far they both feel amazing when you middle them and feel similar in miss hits. The Mizunos apparently sound "softer". The biggest difference so far is the Cobras stay straighter and fly further on miss hits. I hit one shot that felt like a high toe so I walked to where it would have been if it was the Mizuno and it wasn't there. I followed the same line and it was 40 yards further on 😵😁😎

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

....he would need to make up for it.  Mad Bum would laugh at grown men pitching underhanded and playing on 60 ft bases

I hope you don't make this many excuses for your golf game.

No excuses, the forum wants 8 weeks of great golf, hard competition, solid testing, excellent banter not 1 minute of laughing at an unfit middle aged man trying to look impressive and then 8 weeks of me crying about rupturing something and having to withdraw from the challenge 😭

Actually how about I make a deal with you all. If I win this challenge I will do a haka. How's that? #ohcrapwhathaveidone

😁😎

Edited by Nunfa0
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

No excuses, the forum wants 8 weeks of great golf, hard competition, solid testing, excellent banter not 1 minute of laughing at an unfit middle aged man trying to look impressive and then 8 weeks of me crying about rupturing something and having to withdraw from the challenge 😭

If that's the case how did you get here??

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If that's the case how did you get here??

Yeah great golf might be pushing it... but check out the start of this round

Oh and the distances are metres not yards

Screenshot_20190615-084533.thumb.png.b50abc030f775a331617922c0b31945a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Love to see it. Except going by the date isn't that prior to Cobra's?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Well spotted. I did use the Cobras but it was before the official start and I wasn't tracking the clubs with Arccos. The screen grab is from the NZ Golf site.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Well spotted. I did use the Cobras but it was before the official start and I wasn't tracking the clubs with Arccos. The screen grab is from the NZ Golf site.

So it's apparent that you are a fast starter and then fade away, maybe if you practiced more dancing your stamina would increase 🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

What the fuh is a metre?! Can you convert to freedom units please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Pre Cobra start date and women’s tees. Come on Nunfa, we expect more than that from you.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2