Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

STUDque

I didn’t download it. Had to drive around and check with courses, most of them just punched the greens. Next time I’ll download the course before we start.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Downloading the course beforehand makes a world of difference. Hope next time you have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

9 hours ago, bardle said:

Great to have you aboard. Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the One Length. I see our handicaps are basically identical, so hopefully I can provide some useful information for you. 

The thing that most interests me as you progress is how you're finding adapting to the single length. Are you hitting balls harder or softer due to the shaft length to compensate? Does the length in the scoring clubs mess you up vs a traditional set that's got shorter shafts? Losing ball height in the longer irons? 

All of those seem to be common complaints with single length irons however they seem to be from golfers who have used traditional sets for years and their swings and feels are ingrained. It'll be interesting to see someone with a higher handicap that doesn't have decades of experience with how traditional set shafts decrease in length the higher up you go. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have limited exposure to this point so I don't want to give you any feedback on those particulars just yet.

Totally understood, I meant that those are prime areas I would like to see you hopefully talk about as things progress since you’re the only One Length participant

Your input and thoughts so far have been awesome. Keep it up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Totally understood, I meant that those are prime areas I would like to see you hopefully talk about as things progress since you’re the only One Length participant emoji106.png

Your input and thoughts so far have been awesome. Keep it up!!!!

Noted. I'll do my best but you may have to remind me from time to time. This thread can get a little out of hand at times. 😁

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Noted. I'll do my best but you may have to remind me from time to time. This thread can get a little out of hand at times.

What don’t all other threads here get 10 new pages every day????

In all seriousness this is already shaping up to be an epic thread and challenge. Too awesome.

2 minutes ago, bardle said:

Noted. I'll do my best but you may have to remind me from time to time. This thread can get a little out of hand at times. 😁

That makes two of us. Really interested in your progress with the OLs

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

That makes two of us. Really interested in your progress with the OLs

That makes 3 of us. My questions will be numerous throughout but for starters here we go.

Stock OL irons use different weighted shafts. Did you get the same shaft throughout the set?

Do the different lie angles impact ball flight for each club? IE do the 4 and 5 tend to go left and the 9 and PW tend to go right?

Does the different offsets in each club matter?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

25 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

That makes 3 of us. My questions will be numerous throughout but for starters here we go.

Stock OL irons use different weighted shafts. Did you get the same shaft throughout the set?

Do the different lie angles impact ball flight for each club? IE do the 4 and 5 tend to go left and the 9 and PW tend to go right?

Does the different offsets in each club matter?

This makes 4 of us. I'm really interested in the OL effectiveness. I'd probably be looking at the Tour Forged OL or Forged Tec, but I'm super interested in the theory. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

38 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Does the different offsets in each clubs matter?

Shaft weights: I have no idea what they did. I ordered one of the shaft options they had available on the purchase page for the OLs.  They are all the same. I also ordered all the swing weights at D4. The swing weights are listed as all D0 stock. So again. No clue if they did something fancy with progressive weighting or not. But I don't have any trajectory issues with the scoring irons or anything so I'm not sure what magic is going on. 

Lie angles: Nope. Everything goes left for me right now. Driver all the way to pitching wedge. The higher I go the less left it goes but that's pretty normal I think. 

Do the offsets matter: see above. Everything is going left which is not normal for me. I don't have any issues squaring the clubface all of the sudden and left is not normal for me. Especially with the 4 and 5 iron. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

This makes 4 of us. I'm really interested in the OL effectiveness. I'd probably be looking at the Tour Forged OL or Forged Tec, but I'm super interested in the theory. 

Here is where I struggle with the F9 OL irons. To my knowledge there is Cobra, Sterling, Edel and Pinhawk making One Length irons. I’m sure there are more but of the 3 or 4 sets Cobra makes and each of the other 3 only Cobra F9s use different lie angles, offsets and shaft weights throughout the set. Eliminating all other brands why does Cobra have a different philosophy for the F9 irons than they do with their other OL offerings?

If all of their OL sets did this it would be easier to buy into IMO. Low cappers buy the Forged Tec OL, high cappers buy the FMax OL and all of the sudden mid cappers need an entirely different line of thinking.

So there you go Bardle, answer all that!

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, bardle said:

Shaft weights: I have no idea what they did. I ordered one of the shaft options they had available on the purchase page for the OLs.  They are all the same. I also ordered all the swing weights at D4. The swing weights are listed as all D0 stock. So again. No clue if they did something fancy with progressive weighting or not. But I don't have any trajectory issues with the scoring irons or anything so I'm not sure what magic is going on. 

Lie angles: Nope. Everything goes left for me right now. Driver all the way to pitching wedge. The higher I go the less left it goes but that's pretty normal I think. 

Do the offsets matter: see above. Everything is going left which is not normal for me. I don't have any issues squaring the clubface all of the sudden and left is not normal for me. Especially with the 4 and 5 iron. 

Try shifting the ball forward in your stance a little. By the way is your old 7 iron the same length as the new clubs?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

On 6/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, sirchunksalot said:

You're definitely working toward stacking the deck with the cute kid picture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I thought the same thing😁.  Hard to not vote for that AND the one length irons.  Took me a full year to adjust to them but they have been working for me.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

2 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I thought the same thing😁.  Hard to not vote for that AND the one length irons.  Took me a full year to adjust to them but they have been working for me.

MDGolfHacker

Nice to see you here MDGH 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

9 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Here is where I struggle with the F9 OL irons. To my knowledge there is Cobra, Sterling, Edel and Pinhawk making One Length irons. I’m sure there are more but of the 3 or 4 sets Cobra makes and each of the other 3 only Cobra F9s use different lie angles, offsets and shaft weights throughout the set. Eliminating all other brands why does Cobra have a different philosophy for the F9 irons than they do with their other OL offerings?

If all of their OL sets did this it would be easier to buy into IMO. Low cappers buy the Forged Tec OL, high cappers buy the FMax OL and all of the sudden mid cappers need an entirely different line of thinking.

So there you go Bardle, answer all that!

Hmm I just took a look at the specs for the Forged Tec one lengths and they also use Progressive shaft weighting, different lie angles and different offsets throughout the set. The only ones that don't do all of that are the Forged and even they have different offsets for the 4-6 irons. 

Am I missing something friend? 

7 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Try shifting the ball forward in your stance a little. By the way is your old 7 iron the same length as the new clubs?

+1 inch longer than my old 7 iron. My ball position is currently halfway between center and my armpit. I've experimented with even further up and that just causes pulls like crazy. I don't mind the lefts. I'd rather have this fancy new one way miss than my old, two way, never know whats its going to do miss. 😅

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

Hopefully it doesn't take me quite that long. Welcome MD!  

RH:

#cobraconnect19

15 minutes ago, bardle said:

Hmm I just took a look at the specs for the Forged Tec one lengths and they also use Progressive shaft weighting, different lie angles and different offsets throughout the set. The only ones that don't do all of that are the Forged and even they have different offsets for the 4-6 irons. 

Am I missing something friend? 

+1 inch longer than my old 7 iron. My ball position is currently halfway between center and my armpit. I've experimented with even further up and that just causes pulls like crazy. I don't mind the lefts. I'd rather have this fancy new one way miss than my old, two way, never know whats its going to do miss. 😅

Hopefully it doesn't take me quite that long. Welcome MD!  

No, I guess I'm the one missing something.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

3 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

You did pique my curiosity though about my own set. I think I will weigh the clubs when I get home on my kitchen scale and see what the differences are in grams, if any. I'm curious if the 4,5,6 are lighter then the scoring irons or if they did anything at all to them as far as Progressive shaft weighting goes. I don't feel a difference, but in the forged tec there is only a 3 gram difference so I probably wouldn't notice that small of a change if it was there. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

19 minutes ago, bardle said:

You did pique my curiosity though about my own set. I think I will weigh the clubs when I get home on my kitchen scale and see what the differences are in grams, if any. I'm curious if the 4,5,6 are lighter then the scoring irons or if they did anything at all to them as far as Progressive shaft weighting goes. I don't feel a difference, but in the forged tec there is only a 3 gram difference so I probably wouldn't notice that small of a change if it was there. 

Now that's got me thinking. I never even thought about weight differences between the F9s and the current gamers. Looks like some investigation will have to take place...😁😎

7 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Now that's got me thinking. I never even thought about weight differences between the F9s and the current gamers. Looks like some investigation will have to take place...😁😎

Image result for sherlock holmes the game gif

1 hour ago, bardle said:

I'd rather have this fancy new one way miss than my old, two way, never know whats its going to do miss. 😅

Image result for well isn't that special gif

A one way miss. Tell us more about this mythical beast...

18 minutes ago, palvord said:

Image result for well isn't that special gif

A one way miss. Tell us more about this mythical beast...

Ha, I'm still trying to tame it. The last round I played I launched my 3 wood and hit like a 60 yard hook. I thought it was going to come back to me like a boomerang. I've never done anything like that. lol

Let me rephrase, it was 60 yards of right to left, not sixty yards total, more like 180 or so which made it look crazy. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

25 minutes ago, palvord said:

Image result for sherlock holmes the game gif

All this talk about analyzing club weights and comparing sets and you can't think of anything (or anyone) with Cobra/Puma golf that is analytical?  You go with Dr. Strange and Bilbo Baggins?  Go get your Bryson on!!!

bridgestone-golf-e12-translator-featuring-tiger-woods-large-6.jpg.ba06827ab2ccbe699dbd154d1d6c7124.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

7 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

All this talk about analyzing club weights and comparing sets and you can't think of anything (or anyone) with Cobra/Puma golf that is analytical?  You go with Dr. Strange and Bilbo Baggins?  Go get your Bryson on!!!

bridgestone-golf-e12-translator-featuring-tiger-woods-large-6.jpg.ba06827ab2ccbe699dbd154d1d6c7124.jpg

So the fact that you're using a still from a Bridgestone commercial...

24 minutes ago, bardle said:

Ha, I'm still trying to tame it. The last round I played I launched my 3 wood and hit like a 60 yard hook. I thought it was going to come back to me like a boomerang. I've never done anything like that. lol

Let me rephrase, it was 60 yards of right to left, not sixty yards total, more like 180 or so which made it look crazy. 

That gives me bad memories of the slice I used to hit off the tee when I first started playing. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I understand your point though. If the entire purpose of OL is to have one swing, why are there minute differences in each club head? It just doesn't seem to make complete sense. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

I understand your point though. If the entire purpose of OL is to have one swing, why are there minute differences in each club head? It just doesn't seem to make complete sense. 

I mean to be fair, your swing doesn't change because of the club head anyway. It changes because of the length primarily and the loft occasionally at the lowest and highest ends only. The head has to change to match the preferences of their customers. The Forged Tec's are supposedly pretty incredible irons so just not making a OL offering in those is a pretty glaring mistake. 

All of the One length technology that is present in the F9s are present in their other OL offerings, just to varying degrees based on necessities. For instance the Forged (Might as well be on tour) irons are not going to have major offset differences like the F9's because well, there is no real offset to speak of anyway. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

5 hours ago, bardle said:

I'm curious if the 4,5,6 are lighter then the scoring irons or if they did anything at all to them as far as Progressive shaft weighting goes.

I'm curious as well!  The one thing I've always struggled with these irons, and I need to actually test them, is how the long irons work.  With a 7 iron length shaft, you'll need to crank the loft to get the distance needed for a typical long iron.  What worries me then is the spin and height.  I've seen a few things saying they come out as bullets, so my first thought is can they hold the green.   

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

6 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I'm curious as well!  The one thing I've always struggled with these irons, and I need to actually test them, is how the long irons work.  With a 7 iron length shaft, you'll need to crank the loft to get the distance needed for a typical long iron.  What worries me then is the spin and height.  I've seen a few things saying they come out as bullets, so my first thought is can they hold the green.   

Yeah its tough. I haven't been doing much with the 4 iron, the 5 iron is no real problem for me to get it up in the air. I've just been subbing out the 4 iron with the 3 hybrid in most situations. I'm gonna be doing a scramble tomorrow and I'll work the 4 iron on the range beforehand and report back to you. I'm also gonna get those weights tonight. 

I'll find it odd if they are all the same, because that means ordering anything other than the KBS shafts means you don't get the Progressive shaft weighting feature....Like I said, I'll keep you posted.  

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I start being a @Bucky CC fan but @Nunfa0 won this one. Bucky next week i know you will come back stronger dont worry

THE BIGGEST MULLIGAN is near the corner. Just wi need to take it when needed.