TESTERS WANTED! ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

STUDque

1. Different wedge degrees
2. We spent 2 hours in the fitting, so no.
3. Never used shot scope so no opinion there, but, after the challenge is over I probably won’t use Arccos anymore. Not that it’s bad or anything, I don’t like having my phone in my pocket and I know how far I hit my clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

7 hours ago, Wedgie said:

1. If there was one thing you’d change about any of your cobra clubs what would it be?

2. Do you think your fitter nailed your fitting or do you think a second visit would yield different results now that you’ve played them?

3. Arrcos or Shot Scope?

1. I probably would have gone with the King Forged TEC black irons if they were an option for us.

2. I wasn't able to hit many iron shafts due to fitting limitations but the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer 3D nailed it.  Even if I end up replacing the F9 irons I could see keeping the same shaft.

3. 100% Arccos with an iPhone.  Android phones were terrible with it a few years ago but I've heard they've made improvements since then.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Hey @palvord why weren't you in this picture?  You were at the Rocket Mortgage tournament right?  Missed opportunity.

D9_Ab-SWkAAZiz9.jpg.41bb2f305a7b8a3cfafd4622710c8089.jpg

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

....man, the photoshop skills in this thread are on 🔥 !!

Nice work! 💯

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

7 hours ago, robertson153 said:

1. Different wedge degrees 
2. We spent 2 hours in the fitting, so no.

How did you select the wedges?  Was it just based on degrees?

Would you have rather done 2 1-hour sessions rather than just all at once?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Let me rephrase that. My gaping is fine. I would take the 4 iron out and replace it with a 62* wedge (if I could). From 100 and in I have to start taking some off. My course is fairly short, so I’m usually 100 and in.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Here's my mullet picture. I decided to go all Southeast Tennessee for this one. I have camo, cut off jorts, high socks, Murica glasses, and a mobile home in the background. Plus, Puma shoes!

Couldn't go with just a moustache, my wife would have shaved it off in my sleep and probably divorced me. mullet.jpeg.9c4812f20a9fef9e02c7aa0dbcf00b62.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey [mention=78805]palvord[/mention] why weren't you in this picture?  You were at the Rocket Mortgage tournament right?  Missed opportunity.
D9_Ab-SWkAAZiz9.jpg.41bb2f305a7b8a3cfafd4622710c8089.jpg

Someone had to work so those two could take a picture like that. I think that is what happened to me.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1. If there was one thing you’d change about any of your cobra clubs what would it be?

2. Do you think your fitter nailed your fitting or do you think a second visit would yield different results now that you’ve played them?

3. Arrcos or Shot Scope?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

1. My inconsistent swings. There is nothing wrong with the clubs IMO, just my game.

2. This was my first true fitting experience, so I’m not sure what would change with a follow up session. If I went to a fitter today, I would display more inconsistencies in my swing than my original session. Not sure if that would impact anything.

3. No experience with Shot Scope. I am looking forward to when the Arccos Link is available and I don’t have to keep my phone in my pocket the entire round.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Thought I would post a few thoughts on the F9 King Wedges tonight since I played in a tournament earlier today.  Looks wise I don't know if I've gamed a better wedge.  The Diamonized Black Metal finish is beautiful and has shown no signs of wearing down.

1163679132_wedgeback.jpg.a959ca9dc828fe5a27532bdc5c2a95cf.jpg

Performance wise I struggled with these wedges when first switching from my old Vokeys.  For some reason I was blading a lot of full shots.  I'm not sure if it was the grind, sole width, or just your average mental breakdown.  Thankfully after a few range sessions and on-course use I started to figure them out.

It's hard to compare them distance wise to the Vokeys as my old set was 52-56-60 while my current set is 50-54-58.  Not surprisingly the Cobra's are a little longer according to Arccos smart distance.

IMG_E0938.JPG.ad36faf160d71bbae00109c02ea159a5.JPGIMG_E0939.JPG.75762c02ad3faf8f8b51c9fd5ff44585.JPG

The biggest benefit I've seen with the new wedges is in my GIR % and average distance left to the hole; the important stuff when you look at a scoring club!

1156498757_Wedgecomparison.JPG.9fe83003028e505dbc46677c9d6d65f1.JPG

The only wedge were my GIR % went down was with the 50° but my average GIR leave decreased from 42.3 ft down to 28.3 ft.  The biggest shock was my GIR's with the 54° wedge.  I knew it was a great club but I had no idea I was hitting 91% of greens with it!

Long story short I will definitely be keeping the KING Black Wedges until I completely wear out the grooves on them.  They look amazing and seem to be performing just as well.

Have any of you found any courses that you normally play that aren't mapped in Arccos? 

Have any of you found any courses that you normally play that aren't mapped in Arccos? 

Only course I had trouble with was a course I played in Myrtle Beach. It was a 27 hole course broken into 3 9s. I never could figure out which 9 I was playing and neither could Arccos. But other than that it’s had every course I’ve played.

CobraConnectChallenge3

26 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

Only course I had trouble with was a course I played in Myrtle Beach. It was a 27 hole course broken into 3 9s. I never could figure out which 9 I was playing and neither could Arccos. But other than that it’s had every course I’ve played.

Are there any issues if you don't have great cell service on certain courses?

Team Bardle can take this one. You actually don’t need cell service on your phone at all. You download the course via WiFi prior to your round and the internal GPS takes it from there on the course when playing.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Other than Robertson if you are faced with having to purchase Arrcos in your next set of clubs would you?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Might as well do my wedge review tonight as I’m not playing tomorrow after 36 today.
First of all my old wedges were Nike set gap wedge, Callaway Mack daddy forged 56,60. I went with 50,54,58 with the PW being 44*.
I took a picture the day I received my clubs IMG_0290.JPG I guess the notch on the bottom is where the “versatile grind” comes in. As you can see they are very nice to look at. I was worried about the finish after several rounds, but to my surprise they are holding up very well. IMG_0393.JPG This is after at least 20 rounds and 10-12 range sessions, and I didn’t even clean them for that pic.
It took me a couple range sessions and a couple of rounds to start hitting these “good” (good for my standards). I think it was just getting used to a new club, happens to me on every new club I get. Now I have the upmost confidence when I have one of these wedges in my hand.
Last weekend in my tournament I had this lie IMG_0504.JPG It killed me to hit my 58 off that rock, but it was Sunday and I was in the running for a prize. Glad I did because I saved par, and won a titleist hybrid. It didn’t even leave a mark on the sole.
I don’t know what kind of tech they’ve put into the grooving, but they hit and stop, sometimes I even get them to spin back. IMG_0394.JPG
This week was all about getting up and down. Below is the summary of my 4 rounds played this week. Started off strong, then it got bad.
IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0516.JPGIMG_0518.JPGIMG_0519.JPG
For a grand total of 13-39 33%. Not to good if you ask me, but maybe it’s good enough. 🤷‍♂️

CobraConnectChallenge3

If the testers don't mind, I'd like to share my experience with this. After getting Arccos last October, I noticed one of the courses I play often wasn't loaded on their maps. It's a course that had gone out of business a few years back, and then someone bought the course from the city and reopened it.

I contacted Arccos and they requested for me to send them pictures of the scorecard and the layout. They actually had a hiccup with their system and didn't process it as soon as they normally do. I got back in contact with them a week later to see how it was coming and they apologized for the delay. It was fine, as I was playing a different course regularly at the time. Three days later they had the course mapped!

In my personal opinion, Arccos has top notch customer service.

41 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

Might as well do my wedge review tonight as I’m not playing tomorrow after 36 today.
First of all my old wedges were Nike set gap wedge, Callaway Mack daddy forged 56,60. I went with 50,54,58 with the PW being 44*.
I took a picture the day I received my clubs IMG_0290.JPG I guess the notch on the bottom is where the “versatile grind” comes in. As you can see they are very nice to look at. I was worried about the finish after several rounds, but to my surprise they are holding up very well. IMG_0393.JPG This is after at least 20 rounds and 10-12 range sessions, and I didn’t even clean them for that pic.
It took me a couple range sessions and a couple of rounds to start hitting these “good” (good for my standards). I think it was just getting used to a new club, happens to me on every new club I get. Now I have the upmost confidence when I have one of these wedges in my hand.
Last weekend in my tournament I had this lie IMG_0504.JPG It killed me to hit my 58 off that rock, but it was Sunday and I was in the running for a prize. Glad I did because I saved par, and won a titleist hybrid. It didn’t even leave a mark on the sole.
I don’t know what kind of tech they’ve put into the grooving, but they hit and stop, sometimes I even get them to spin back. IMG_0394.JPG
This week was all about getting up and down. Below is the summary of my 4 rounds played this week. Started off strong, then it got bad.
IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0516.JPGIMG_0518.JPGIMG_0519.JPG
For a grand total of 13-39 33%. Not to good if you ask me, but maybe it’s good enough. 🤷‍♂️

Was that picture of the really 58° after hitting off the rocks?!? That is incredible! I'd have been terrified to hit that shot, and probably wouldn't have.. 😅 That finish is 🔥🔥🔥!

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Was that picture of the really 58° after hitting off the rocks?!? That is incredible! I'd have been terrified to hit that shot, and probably wouldn't have.. That finish is !

It was!! I told you the finish is amazing. I was standing on a highway when I took that pic, 1 foot from being OB

CobraConnectChallenge3

8 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

It was!! I told you the finish is amazing. I was standing on a highway when I took that pic, 1 foot from being OB emoji51.png

Wow, just how ya drew it up, right? 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Other than Robertson if you are faced with having to purchase Arrcos in your next set of clubs would you?

Yes.  I thought having a phone in my front pocket would be an issue but I got used to it very quickly.  The stat tracking Arccos provides is invaluable if you are trying to improve your game.

6 hours ago, Wedgie said:

At this point in time it's an emphatic yes!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

10 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

No issues with this for me. All of the local courses are there 😁

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

9 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

9 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Team Bardle can take this one. You actually don’t need cell service on your phone at all. You download the course via WiFi prior to your round and the internal GPS takes it from there on the course when playing.

Yep Team Bardle is right on the mark. You just choose the course and you're ready to go.

That's one way Arccos kicks Shot Scopes backside. With Shot Scope you choose the course and wait for 30 seconds to 5 minutes for it to be ready to go.

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

I had a total of 20 chips and got down in one 10 times. There were 3 bunker shots and I got down in one 1 time. That gives me a total of 11 out of 23 which is not bad for me 😁😎.

10 out of 20 chips?  Congrats, you are currently ranked # 201 on the PGA Tour with a 50% scrambling rate.  Satoshi Kodaira has nothing on @Nunfa0!

1901746803_upanddown.JPG.bc8ec2504da09614edcf2e8a7605a5f1.JPG

Apparently I have 2 more rounds to post from last weekend. IMG_0520.thumb.JPG.80a513aea0e9dd86877fe1d640faaa9c.JPGIMG_0521.thumb.JPG.c1c422f6039599f44893cea457ad76d9.JPG

As you can see, not any better last week. I think it’s now 16-54 30% 🤷‍♂️ who knows

CobraConnectChallenge3

Great write-up on the wedges, guys! It's good to hear that you all are loving them.@robertson153 I think if I would have walked up and seen that lie, I would have died a little inside. I'm glad to see that it held up to hitting it from those rocks. That was a great par save from there and congrats on winning the hybrid!