TESTERS WANTED! ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

STUDque

35 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

For years Cobra drivers had a very distinct sound to them. Have you (or your playing partners/neighboring tee box) had any issues with the F9's sound profile?

The only time I really noticed the sound was when I switched the heavier weight from the back of the club to the front to try and reduce spin.  It definitely had more of a hollow metallic sound with the weight in the front.  Not necessarily a bad sound but definitely different.  I have no problems with it.

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

What sort of reaction are you getting from other golfers out on the course with the new clubs? Are you hearing any "you've never reached there before!!" from playing partners, any comments on the looks/performance, or are you sneaking in under the radar to drop some low scores?

At the start of the season I had a few "friends" apologize that I was going to waste my entire summer playing poor super game improvement irons and below average wedges.  I think my 11 shot victory in our first two-day tournament of the year shut them up about that.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

What sort of reaction are you getting from other golfers out on the course with the new clubs? Are you hearing any "you've never reached there before!!" from playing partners, any comments on the looks/performance, or are you sneaking in under the radar to drop some low scores?

From the people that saw me play with my old set, they are all surprised with the ball flight and some of the shots I have been able to hit. I do get a few audible, "wow" reactions with my iron shots.

From someone I played with for the first time, they were surprised with the spin I was creating with the wedges. Every chip or pitch shot was checking just the way you would want, and he said, "Man you get those to spin just right."

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

55 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

For years Cobra drivers had a very distinct sound to them. Have you (or your playing partners/neighboring tee box) had any issues with the F9's sound profile?

I haven't really noticed the sound as being a problem. No one that I play with has made a comment about the sound either. They just like the look of the Avalanche coloring.

10 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

The only time I really noticed the sound was when I switched the heavier weight from the back of the club to the front to try and reduce spin.  It definitely had more of a hollow metallic sound with the weight in the front.  Not necessarily a bad sound but definitely different.  I have no problems with it.

At the start of the season I had a few "friends" apologize that I was going to waste my entire summer playing poor super game improvement irons and below average wedges.  I think my 11 shot victory in our first two-day tournament of the year shut them up about that.

11 shot victory?!  Nice!  I know that would not only shut me up, but make me run to the nearest store and get me some Cobras in the bag😁😅😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

23 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I think my 11 shot victory in our first two-day tournament of the year shut them up about that.

giphy.gif

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Great answers so far to everyone's questions!  Have you found more versatility/less trouble with the cobras than your previous gamers?  If you were to do a cool trick shot, what club would you use and why?

MDGolfHacker

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm capable with the clubs, the best chance I would have is the wedges. I actually have hit a really hard hook with my 58 degree around a tree that looked great until it bumped a branch and went into the bunker...

The irons aren't really super workable..they are just straight and long and super forgiving. 

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I don't have recurring playing partners. I usually get paired up with someone or run into someone whose backed up and play along. the last time it happened I ran into this super nice guy who was playing with some brand new Mizuno JPX 919's Forged. We both hit off the tee, I murder the ball with my 5i and he gets up with his 4i and hits it solid but blocks it. We get down to our balls and I am a good 30 yards in front of him and in the dead center of the fairway...I almost didn't want to tell him what club I hit when he asked me...😅

I mean it was just a 206 yd 5 iron...whats the big deal...

Screenshot_20190711-092824.png.330f71df75a6742bc6b47d4c655fbb96.png

1 hour ago, GregB135 said:

No issues, I like it but I'm not really a sound guy, I could, in general care less about how a club sounds, I just want it to be in the fairway or on the green... 😜

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Gonna be tough to place well this week...I've only got 9 holes in and this mess is in the forecast. Anyone curious how well the hybrid does out of wet rough? 🤯

271294067_ScreenShot2019-07-11at9_37_49AM.thumb.png.ec8957f08b412ada54899ed0f68741fc.png

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I have to admit that this is the first weekly challenge that has me a little nervous.  I tried hitting a few irons off the tee during a 9 hole round on Sunday so I would have hybrids into the green.  It did not go well.  I'm also terrible at chipping with anything but a wedge in my hands.

I'm playing 27 holes this afternoon but will then be done with rounds for the week as I am traveling on Saturday and playing in a charity scramble on Sunday.  I'm going to predict a 4th place finish this week.  To my fellow competitors:

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg.df63e5c163143ba7d48ac7dd4c56a561.jpg

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Why is there not more golf jokes?

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole. The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in agony.

The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize. “Please allow me to help. I’m a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you’d allow me,” she told him.

“Oh, no, I’ll be all right. I’ll be fine in a few minutes,” the man replied.  

It was obvious that he was in agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands together at his groin.

The female golfer/therapist urged him to let him help him, so at her persistence, he finally allowed her to help.

She gently took his hands away and laid them to his side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside. She administered tender and artful massage to his privates for several long moments and then asked, “How does that feel”?

He replied, “That feels great, but my thumb still hurts like Hell!” 

57299377601__7A703BBB-BB57-4AFA-9FD5-8C3A9EC16A9F.JPG

•Callaway Big Bertha Irons & Hybrids, XR-16 Driver, Ram Zebra putter

Just now, fcappi said:

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole. The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in agony.

The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize. “Please allow me to help. I’m a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you’d allow me,” she told him.

“Oh, no, I’ll be all right. I’ll be fine in a few minutes,” the man replied.  

It was obvious that he was in agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands together at his groin.

The female golfer/therapist urged him to let him help him, so at her persistence, he finally allowed her to help.

She gently took his hands away and laid them to his side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside. She administered tender and artful massage to his privates for several long moments and then asked, “How does that feel”?

He replied, “That feels great, but my thumb still hurts like Hell!” 

57299377601__7A703BBB-BB57-4AFA-9FD5-8C3A9EC16A9F.JPG

Haha....hey Nunfa, my thumb hurts!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 minutes ago, fcappi said:

We have a designated thread for that kind of thing - What’s your best joke?

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

@palvord @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @bardle @robertson153 

Two Questions:

1. With the new clubs, what's the biggest difference you've noticed in terms of the actual shots? Distance, shape, spin, etc.

2. Knowing what you know now, if you could only keep either the clubs or Arccos, which would you keep?

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

4 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I have to admit that this is the first weekly challenge that has me a little nervous.  I tried hitting a few irons off the tee during a 9 hole round on Sunday so I would have hybrids into the green.  It did not go well.  I'm also terrible at chipping with anything but a wedge in my hands.

I'm playing 27 holes this afternoon but will then be done with rounds for the week as I am traveling on Saturday and playing in a charity scramble on Sunday.  I'm going to predict a 4th place finish this week.  To my fellow competitors:

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg.df63e5c163143ba7d48ac7dd4c56a561.jpg

I've been playing driver still and then playing some funky hybrids 🤪. Needless to say my approach numbers have taken a hit 🤣😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Haha....hey Nunfa, my thumb hurts!

I can help with that, all I need is a hammer, hacksaw and some ordinary household bleach 😜🤣😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Two Questions:

1. With the new clubs, what's the biggest difference you've noticed in terms of the actual shots? Distance, shape, spin, etc.

2. Knowing what you know now, if you could only keep either the clubs or Arccos, which would you keep?

Good questions!

1. I was already using game improvement clubs so there is very little difference so far. I've always been able to shape the ball with gi clubs anyway. It's cold here so I don't know just how far they will fly but I'm guessing they will be maybe a club longer. All of the clubs are a bit straighter so that's nice.

2. I refuse to decide and if you try to make me I will throw the biggest tantrum in history 😝🤣😎

8 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I can help with that, all I need is a hammer, hacksaw and some ordinary household bleach 😜🤣😎

Maori warrior turned maori witch doctor.  I like this game.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

TonyC and Adam contend that there is a very rare chance that all 14 clubs will come from one manufacturer (I know you only have 13). But after playing with a set from top to bottom with same company what say you?

@palvord @Nunfa0 @Bucky CC @robertson153 @bardle

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

5 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

TonyC and Adam contend that there is a very rare chance that all 14 clubs will come from one manufacturer (I know you only have 13). But after playing with a set from top to bottom with same company what say you?

@palvord @Nunfa0 @Bucky CC @robertson153

My old set had 6 manufacturers in the bag so I was definitely a believer in what they had to say but they also say use what works. These clubs seem to be working for me so  maybe I will only have two manufacturers in the bag 😁😎

By the way you forgot @bardle

2 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

My old set had 6 manufacturers in the bag so I was definitely a believer in what they had to say but they also say use what works. These clubs seem to be working for me so  maybe I will only have two manufacturers in the bag 😁😎

By the way you forgot @bardle

Dammit I fixed it. Sorry @bardle 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

[mention=78805]palvord[/mention] [mention=65906]Bucky CC[/mention] [mention=74192]Nunfa0[/mention] [mention=80481]bardle[/mention] [mention=71790]robertson153[/mention] 
Two Questions:

1 I also gamed GI irons, so no real difference there, maybe a tad longer.
2 Clubs

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

[mention=78805]palvord[/mention] [mention=74192]Nunfa0[/mention] [mention=65906]Bucky CC[/mention] [mention=71790]robertson153[/mention] [mention=80481]bardle[/mention]

It doesn’t matter to me what’s stamped on the club as long as it performs. At one point I had 5 different manufacturers in my bag, because that’s what worked at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

18 completed today. Shot 77 hitting nothing but 3 wood and hybrids off the tees. Grabbing a quick bite to eat and heading out for 9 or 18 more.

5 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Two Questions:

1. Distance. I've gained 5-10yds of distance from my previous set. Spin and shot shape are the same.

2. The clubs. Arccos is a wonderful tool, but you can manually gather all of the data and use a rangefinder for distances.

4 hours ago, KurtActual said:

So what is the future of these demo clubs? 

Keep as your regular gamers, donate to a junior, store away for a day when your regulars get on your nerves, give to me?

Eh?

These are 99.99% going to be my clubs going forward. I don't see a club from my previous set making its way into my bag.

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

They're probably correct. If we were given free reign of a Club Champion and fitted with any combination of head and shaft regardless of OEM, our bags would probably be a mashup of various OEM's. My previous set had 6 OEMs, but that was more due to budget decisions over a specific fitting.

For this test/challenge, I find it hard to see how any of these clubs would be displaced. They were fit for me and are better than any previous club I have used.

I currently play a Cobra AMP from about 6-7 years ago. When I tested the F9 driver at GG, it felt too light and even tinkering with multiple shafts I couldn't get a good feel for it and left pretty disappointed. Is this something that y'all felt as well and if so how long did it take to get used to?

Edited by archieadams

Right Handed

Driver: Cobra Amp (circa ~2013)  8.5* X-Stiff

19* Hybrid: Cobra King F7 Stiff

Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2 714 X-Stiff

52* Wedge: Vokey SM6

56* Wedge: TaylorMade Tour Preferred

60* Wedge: Vokey SM6

Putter: Nike Method MC-3i Blade

Ball: Vice Pro+

5 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Two Questions:

1. Distance. Big time. Like this from today...

Screenshot_20190711-200142.thumb.png.a3142c941cd7dfd780a8056872c3f2d1.png

That's about 35 yds longer than my old 5 iron...averaged out I probably have an extra 15 yards in these over my old ones. 

2. The clubs. Hands down.

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Not sure what your looking for. I don't think there is any kind of advantage or anything to playing a full set from the same manufacturer or anything...

RH:

#cobraconnect19

8 minutes ago, archieadams said:

I currently play a Cobra AMP from about 6-7 years ago. When I tested the F9 driver at GG, it felt too light and even tinkering with multiple shafts I couldn't get a good feel for it and left pretty disappointed. Is this something that y'all felt as well and if so how long did it take to get used to?

It felt super light to me as well. And I was gaming an F7. I don't think you can get there in one demo session honestly. I'd suggest a utry or something if it's an option. It took me 4 weeks to adjust but now I'm suddenly hitting bombs. Here's today's longest...

Screenshot_20190711-201824.thumb.png.3751ef7b2096e2be8e6be4b808e620df.png

RH:

#cobraconnect19

1 minute ago, bardle said:

It felt super light to me as well. And I was gaming an F7. I don't think you can get there in one demo session honestly. I'd suggest a utry or something if it's an option. It took me 4 weeks to adjust but now I'm suddenly hitting bombs. Here's today's longest...

Screenshot_20190711-201824.thumb.png.3751ef7b2096e2be8e6be4b808e620df.png

Y'all need to quit this, I'm already giving my F6 the side eye, I just paid my daughter's first college tuition bill. I don't need to be lusting after a new driver right about now!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

7 minutes ago, archieadams said:

I had a Ping G400 LST that had a lighter shaft than the F9 so if anything it felt heavier. There was no adjustment period either, I just stood up  and started hitting bombs 🏌️🚀💥😁😎

Unfortunately no one club suits everyone but maybe the Tour version would work for you. It has a shorter shaft and heavier weights in the bottom.