TESTERS WANTED! ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

STUDque

You guys were onto something with the F9.  It has been an accuracy hog.  I have loved it since it has been in the bag.  I have tried both an Evenflow black and the stock Atmos Blue, with varying degrees of success.  When my swing is on and I can get after it, the Evenflow is a great shaft.  At the moment, though, it has taken a back seat to the Atmos and I think that may ring true for the duration.  Tour spec model is almost perfect at 44.5". 
I would share some Arccos stats, but arccos as been anything but reliable for the past few weeks.  When I first started all was great with a small learning curve, had my apple watch rocking in place of shot scope.  Out of the blue, the apple watch combo won't track the whole round.  In fact, it recorded shots on 9 of 18 holes my last time out(1-8, 18) and missed shots on those 9 holes (yes, my phone was in my pocket).
Now onto the Pumas, these are without a doubt the best golf shoes I have ever had on my feet.  The ignite foam is holding up extremely well, even with walking most of my rounds.  Even the occasional jog hasn't depleted the foam.  The rubber soles grip the heck out of the turf with 0 slipping in wet and dry condition.  They have kept my feet bone dry in morning rounds and they still look relatively brand new.  On top of all of that, they provide very good support throughout the swing.  I cannot recommend these shoes enough.

I agree. I abandoned the Arccos as well. Kept locking up after 13 or 14 holes when I used my iWatch. However, I am still gaming my F8’s. Currently the driver is bombing down the fairway, getting 210-250.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 11/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, JohnSmalls said:

The growing pains took a minute to adjust to, from keeping my phone in my front pocket, to setting the pin and the different screen views on my apple watch.  But that's no big deal, it is something that I can and did get used to fairly quickly.  During the adaptation phase, the system worked flawlessly.  Pairing up with a new course, watch/phone synchronization, everything worked smoothly. 

Roughly a month later I start to notice a few hiccups.  First, the phone/watch sync stopped its smooth operation.  Part of that was mistakenly walking too far away from my phone, but then I had similar sync problems keeping my phone in my pocket (phone/watch not pairing, showing info for two different holes, watch losing connection with Arccos, etc.).  Further along the road, I have had rounds that have completely missed recording entire holes.  Lastly, we just had a Pinehurst trip at work a week ago--playing Pinehurst No.5--Arccos had the course mapped--but every number from every hole played was hundreds of yards incorrect.  I am holding out hope, trying to be patient with Arccos so that I can post a well documented comparison review between Arccos and Shotscope, but I am let down almost everytime I try to use Arccos now.

I have noticed a couple of issues with Arccos during the updates on iOS. There have been a couple of rounds where the GPS signal was not accurate or even remotely close. That however was fixed each time, the next time I played. Hopefully it is just the timing between updates. As far as the watch is concerned, it's terrible. I used it twice when they first incorporated it and haven't used it since. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have noticed a couple of issues with Arccos during the updates on iOS. There have been a couple of rounds where the GPS signal was not accurate or even remotely close. That however was fixed each time, the next time I played. Hopefully it is just the timing between updates. As far as the watch is concerned, it's terrible. I used it twice when they first incorporated it and haven't used it since. 

It really does seem like the Apple watch is not working well with Arccos. It will be very interesting to see if link does better....

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

54 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

It really does seem like the Apple watch is not working well with Arccos. It will be very interesting to see if link does better....

First, the Link needs to exist.  I'm glad that they're finally owning up to the fact that there's no release date.  Once it exists and I see some reviews, I'll think about it.

Until then, I'll continue to play with an old iPhone 5s in my left front pocket and leave it there.  I don't touch it during the round.  On my scorecard, I record my score, number of putts and length of first putt.  I use that info to fix my round on my laptop.  I may miss one or two shots a round, and adding them is not that big of a deal.  It takes me about 15 minutes or so.  

I don't obsess over how far I hit each shot.  I want the stats I get so I know what to practice with my limited practice time.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

11 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

First, the Link needs to exist.  I'm glad that they're finally owning up to the fact that there's no release date.  Once it exists and I see some reviews, I'll think about it.

Until then, I'll continue to play with an old iPhone 5s in my left front pocket and leave it there.  I don't touch it during the round.  On my scorecard, I record my score, number of putts and length of first putt.  I use that info to fix my round on my laptop.  I may miss one or two shots a round, and adding them is not that big of a deal.  It takes me about 15 minutes or so.  

I don't obsess over how far I hit each shot.  I want the stats I get so I know what to practice with my limited practice time.

This is a very reasonable way to use the Arccos system and work around some of the problems.

Do you look at your phone during the round for distances, or use a different device for that?

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

15 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

That must have just been bad timing for me then.  I was pretty well disappointed not being able to use Arccos at Pinehurst.  I am still holding out hope that it will work and I really hope that they can finally get the Link release working properly.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

11 hours ago, palvord said:

This is a very reasonable way to use the Arccos system and work around some of the problems.

Do you look at your phone during the round for distances, or use a different device for that?

I use a laser for yardages.  Not only do I like knowing the yardage to the pin, I like being able to see where the pin is on the green.

If it's a course I know, I don't touch my phone.  If I don't know the course, I might use the Arccos to get a layup yardage if I don't think I can get a decent shot with my laser.

I tested out the caddy feature during CCC^2 for tee shots, but I didn't think it really gave me any startling revelations.  If it would do something like DECADE, then that could be a game-changer.  I regularly play a course with very few flat lies, so the approach shot suggestions don't help much.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Im still gaming my Cobra F8's......anybody else gaming them?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

You'll pry them from my cold, dead hands. See my sig. I even made friends with the driver. 

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

17 hours ago, fozcycle said:

The F9's count as an answer to this question?

The F9's count as an answer to this question?

Absolutely, pavlord. You have skin in the game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

On 11/21/2019 at 3:58 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

You'll pry them from my cold, dead hands. See my sig. I even made friends with the driver. 

I feel the same about the F9s and my brother is a convert as well 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Everything but the driver, just never could get along with it. Everything else is still F9, and don’t see them leaving for a long time.
On a separate note, I haven’t been around much in the last few months. Between being on the board of directors at my club and a new position at work, I haven’t even swung my clubs in almost 8 weeks. I’m hoping over the winter I can get everything ironed out where I can get back on here and on the course more often.

CobraConnectChallenge3

On 11/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, fozcycle said:

The driver and irons are gone but I still have the Cobra 3 wood, hybrids, and wedges in my bag.  They are all top notch.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

• 2 weeks later...

Everything but the driver, just never could get along with it. Everything else is still F9, and don’t see them leaving for a long time.
On a separate note, I haven’t been around much in the last few months. Between being on the board of directors at my club and a new position at work, I haven’t even swung my clubs in almost 8 weeks. I’m hoping over the winter I can get everything ironed out where I can get back on here and on the course more often.

Thought I could get things ironed out before the start of next season, that’s not gonna happen. Had our annual shareholders meeting tonight, went from clubhouse director to club president. I figure 10x the amount of work and headache will be thrown on my plate. I am extremely honored for the position, but I feel my on course time has automatically been cut in half. I’ll try to keep everything updated,try is the key word here. I feel bad for not participating as much as I would like on here, please forgive me. I’ve never had this kind of responsibility before, at 32 years old, and 2 small kids, it should be an interesting 2020 for sure. Wish me luck!

CobraConnectChallenge3

15 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

Thought I could get things ironed out before the start of next season, that’s not gonna happen. Had our annual shareholders meeting tonight, went from clubhouse director to club president. I figure 10x the amount of work and headache will be thrown on my plate. I am extremely honored for the position, but I feel my on course time has automatically been cut in half. I’ll try to keep everything updated,try is the key word here. I feel bad for not participating as much as I would like on here, please forgive me. I’ve never had this kind of responsibility before, at 32 years old, and 2 small kids, it should be an interesting 2020 for sure. Wish me luck!

You can do it!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hello my friends, I know it's been quite a while but I thought I would dredge this up again and give you all a little update.

I have been playing very little golf this year so far due to a couple of reasons. First I have  just bought a house with my much better half, so that took up a lot of time in December and January (our summer. We are both delighted and are loving life at the moment. Second reason... back in October I did a 10km race down a hill. At one point I thought I had hurt my left Achilles tendon and then a few days later my hip started to hurt. I went to the doctor and it turns out that I have no cartilage on the top of the ball in my left hip 😭. So the best solution is total hip replacement. Needless to say I have had to cut back on golf. Still it could be worse and my op is set for May the 4th. If I have to be part metal and part ceramic I thought Star Wars day was appropriate.

The golf I have played has again shown me that these clubs really are suited to me. There is not a single club that I worry about pulling out of the bag and each time I play there is always a "man I Love this club" moment. The upgrades to Arccos seem very good too. The Pin adjustment is much better, the accuracy is great and the updated maps are excellent.

Ok that's enough for the moment, I will keep on golfing as much as my broken body allows and keep you all updated. Bring on July when I will be recovered and out of pain!!

Hello my friends, I know it's been quite a while but I thought I would dredge this up again and give you all a little update.
I have been playing very little golf this year so far due to a couple of reasons. First I have  just bought a house with my much better half, so that took up a lot of time in December and January (our summer. We are both delighted and are loving life at the moment. Second reason... back in October I did a 10km race down a hill. At one point I thought I had hurt my left Achilles tendon and then a few days later my hip started to hurt. I went to the doctor and it turns out that I have no cartilage on the top of the ball in my left hip . So the best solution is total hip replacement. Needless to say I have had to cut back on golf. Still it could be worse and my op is set for May the 4th. If I have to be part metal and part ceramic I thought Star Wars day was appropriate.
The golf I have played has again shown me that these clubs really are suited to me. There is not a single club that I worry about pulling out of the bag and each time I play there is always a "man I Love this club" moment. The upgrades to Arccos seem very good too. The Pin adjustment is much better, the accuracy is great and the updated maps are excellent.
Ok that's enough for the moment, I will keep on golfing as much as my broken body allows and keep you all updated. Bring on July when I will be recovered and out of pain!!

Sorry to hear about your hip. I really hope the surgery helps and you can get back out and play some pain free golf before long. Keep us posted on how things go.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow @Nunfa0 that sucks about the hip mate. Congratulations though on the house.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I have been playing very little golf this year so far due to a couple of reasons. First I have  just bought a house with my much better half, so that took up a lot of time in December and January (our summer. We are both delighted and are loving life at the moment. Second reason... back in October I did a 10km race down a hill. At one point I thought I had hurt my left Achilles tendon and then a few days later my hip started to hurt. I went to the doctor and it turns out that I have no cartilage on the top of the ball in my left hip 😭. So the best solution is total hip replacement. Needless to say I have had to cut back on golf. Still it could be worse and my op is set for May the 4th. If I have to be part metal and part ceramic I thought Star Wars day was appropriate.

Hate it when life gets in the way of golf.  Hope you have a speedy recovery after your surgery!

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

I have been playing very little golf this year so far due to a couple of reasons. First I have  just bought a house with my much better half, so that took up a lot of time in December and January (our summer. We are both delighted and are loving life at the moment. Second reason... back in October I did a 10km race down a hill. At one point I thought I had hurt my left Achilles tendon and then a few days later my hip started to hurt. I went to the doctor and it turns out that I have no cartilage on the top of the ball in my left hip . So the best solution is total hip replacement. Needless to say I have had to cut back on golf. Still it could be worse and my op is set for May the 4th. If I have to be part metal and part ceramic I thought Star Wars day was appropriate.

My goodness. That’s a heck of few months. Congratulations on the house. But that’s awful to hear about the hip.

Best of luck with the surgery and I look forward to hearing about your new low scores when you’re fully ready to play all out!

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear of your calamity Nunfao, when the dr told me ankle surgery to repair the ligaments would keep me off the foot for up to 4 months, I chose to continue to wear my brace and keep playing. I just could not fathom 4 months lost.

You, on the other hand need the replacement as bone on bone is very painful. Get it done, and recover. We need great Spies like you on the forum.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Budgetgolf.com has 17% off most items with discount code Lucky17.  They also have the absolutely fantastic Cobra F9 driver marked down to $250.  I'm no math major but using the discount code gets you one of the best drivers from last year for only $207.50 before taxes.  That's a no brainer for anyone looking to upgrade an older driver or someone that wants to see what Cobra is all about.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, Bucky CC said:

Budgetgolf.com has 17% off most items with discount code Lucky17.  They also have the absolutely fantastic Cobra F9 driver marked down to $250.  I'm no math major but using the discount code gets you one of the best drivers from last year for only $207.50 before taxes.  That's a no brainer for anyone looking to upgrade an older driver or someone that wants to see what Cobra is all about.

That is an absolute steal!!

I tried it yesterday and the 17% did not work

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

I tried it yesterday and the 17% did not work

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

It was a St. Patrick’s day sale valid only to the 17th. Sorry!

• 1 month later...

Ok folks, my hip surgery has gone really well and I should be playing golf again in about 12 weeks, that is going to be a great day!!

11 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Ok folks, my hip surgery has gone really well and I should be playing golf again in about 12 weeks, that is going to be a great day!!

Excellent news! Looking forward to hearing how the new hip works for you on the course.

Can we do this as an MGS review? 

Looks:
Just like the old hip.

Feels:
A little stiff when it rains

Plays:
The way it's supposed to, but without the excruciating pain of bone rubbing on bone