GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

10 hours ago, bardle said:

I think its a little different too going from a traditional set to OL's. A lot of people seem to have a concern about bullets for long irons and shots that are too high with the scoring irons. 

Yeah I thought about the one lengths but was too much of a coward to go for it 🤪😁

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

This was a 182yd par 3 with a 18’ wide green to land it on. I hit it fat, almost dunked it.
CA1EC02A-1705-49F3-B343-C8F899FC56AF.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

But you DIDN'T! 🤘

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Yeah I thought about the one lengths but was too much of a coward to go for it 🤪😁

Well, the evidence does support that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sunk 3 of our teams 4 birdie putts with the new stick. One of which was a 25 footer.... You Bucky fans sure you don't want to jump ship now? Before it's too late? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bardle said:

Sunk 3 of our teams 4 birdie putts with the new stick. One of which was a 25 footer.... You Bucky fans sure you don't want to jump ship now? Before it's too late? 

I like how you aren't mentioning what happened on the other 14 holes. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I like how you aren't mentioning what happened on the other 14 holes. 

It was a 9 hole scramble...

So Cobra makes putters now?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bardle said:

It was a 9 hole scramble...

Oh, so why should we abandon ship if you're using other people's shots?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Oh, so why should we abandon ship if you're using other people's shots?

Bardle said he sank 3 of 4 birdie putts for his team. It is safe to assume they used all but one of Bardle’s shots for the entire scramble and that was the one putt. Solid work Bardle.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Shot a solid but unspectacular 40 tonight.  We actually tried to play a full 18 but after playing the front in just under 2 hours we spent 30 minutes on hole 10 because of slow play.  After the hole we skipped over to 17 and 18 to head back to the club house so we could watch US Open golf with a few drinks.  It was a much better decision than playing a 3+ hour back 9.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Shot a solid but unspectacular 40 tonight.  We actually tried to play a full 18 but after playing the front in just under 2 hours we spent 30 minutes on hole 10 because of slow play.  After the hole we skipped over to 17 and 18 to head back to the club house so we could watch US Open golf with a few drinks.  It was a much better decision than playing a 3+ hour back 9.

How’d the F9s work from the fairway for you?

4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

How’d the F9s work from the fairway for you?

You mean for the two fairways I actually hit off the tee tonight?  Both ended up being wedges that hit the green.  I think my subconsious realized I hit the F9 irons better from the rough so I'm inadvertently pushing and pulling my tee shots out of the fairway.  👍

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

You mean for the two fairways I actually hit off the tee tonight?  Both ended up being wedges that hit the green.  I think my subconsious realized I hit the F9 irons better from the rough so I'm inadvertently pushing and pulling my tee shots out of the fairway.  👍

Sounds familiar. 🤔

• Like 2

You mean for the two fairways I actually hit off the tee tonight?  Both ended up being wedges that hit the green.  I think my subconsious realized I hit the F9 irons better from the rough so I'm inadvertently pushing and pulling my tee shots out of the fairway.  

Maybe you should play 18 with just your irons in your bag.

• Like 1

Just now, Wedgie said:

Maybe you should play 18 with just your irons in your bag.

Not a bad idea but we'll see what happens after next week.  Right now I have 27 holes scheduled for Thursday, 18 for Friday, and 18 more for Saturday.  I may try to sneak in a quick 9 before work earlier in the week so I can make it a full 72 holes.  I call it my @fozcycle week.

• Like 5

Not a bad idea but we'll see what happens after next week.  Right now I have 27 holes scheduled for Thursday, 18 for Friday, and 18 more for Saturday.  I may try to sneak in a quick 9 before work earlier in the week so I can make it a full 72 holes.  I call it my [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention] week.

That’s a Foz breakfast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Not a bad idea but we'll see what happens after next week.  Right now I have 27 holes scheduled for Thursday, 18 for Friday, and 18 more for Saturday.  I may try to sneak in a quick 9 before work earlier in the week so I can make it a full 72 holes.  I call it my @fozcycle week.

Maybe try to hit more than 2 fairways on all 72 holes. (Not that I could at this point.)

• Like 1

Maybe try to hit more than 2 fairways on all 72 holes. (Not that I could at this point.)

Need me to tee off for you 2? 229 down the middle all day long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

Need me to tee off for you 2? 229 down the middle all day long.

Please. I'd take 230 down the middle over 270 in the trees any day. 

• Like 2

Please. I'd take 230 down the middle over 270 in the trees any day. 

I don’t want to make this thread about me...it’s about Bardle.

• Haha 4