Jump to content
GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Recommended Posts

Bardle, hope your pencil is sharp on your compass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palvord - what is the current barometric pressure under your driving cap?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a surge to the front in the near future


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Palvord - what is the current barometric pressure under your driving cap? emoji6.png

29.68

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bardle said:

I mentioned it briefly but yes, the pitching wedge is the worst offender when it comes to messing with my brain...but it works, I hit it more consistently than most other clubs, but it took a minute. I was chunking it like crazy for a while out there. 

Is this due to the increased humidity during the summer in Georgia or is it biomechanics related? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Is this due to the increased humidity during the summer in Georgia or is it biomechanics related? 

Nice. I wish it was just the humidity that caused my issues...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice. I wish it was just the humidity that caused my issues...
 


Well maybe if you kept those clubs in an environment that met ASHRAE recommended temperature and humidity levels then the swing drag would be lessened when hitting from a sloped lie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

I feel a surge to the front in the near future emoji41.png


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

At least I can only go forward after this week 😁😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

 


Well maybe if you kept those clubs in an environment that met ASHRAE recommended temperature and humidity levels then the swing drag would be lessened when hitting from a sloped lie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I have no idea what any of that means but trust me, swing drag is the least of my worries on a sloped lie... 😅

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GregB135 said:

Just curious, so a question to all the testers. How have the distances with the Cobra clubs and the Cobra Connect/Arccos measurements compared to your 'self-generated' distance expectations?

I was using Shot Scope last year so I knew what my distances were. The accuracy is excellent so no complaints from me 😁😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Well, I've never been a great heckler, but I could see this going 1 of 2 ways:  Do you heckle @bardle since he's the only One length competitor?  Or, do you heckle the other guys for going the Non-Dechambeau route?  Either way, there should be some pretty good reads in this post this week.  Fellas, good luck on your GIR% this week.  It looks like @Nunfa0 has a really good chance if he continues to play that 6,000 yard course as I'm sure he'll have some approach shots with the wedges, but it is getting colder in N.Z.  Also, @robertson153 has a really good chance since he was the longest off the tee last week.

It was 6035 metres or 6600 yards 😝

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

It was 6035 metres or 6600 yards 😝

When figuring in atmospheric conditions do you use imperial or metric? What is the conversion rate for knots? All these calculations appear to be the reason you are at the bottom.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

When figuring in atmospheric conditions do you use imperial or metric? What is the conversion rate for knots? All these calculations appear to be the reason you are at the bottom.  

Well I like to start with metric then convert to imperial with a hint of farenheit minus the number of spanners in standard tool set 😁😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shankster said:

How’s the wedges fellas?

The wedges are just sexy!! The bounce is easy to maneuver, the spin is superb and they are starting to ease my chipping yips 🥰😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

The wedges are just sexy!! The bounce is easy to maneuver, the spin is superb and they are starting to ease my chipping yips 🥰😎

Maybe you wouldn't have the chipping yips if you'd stop spraying water on your balls

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Maybe you wouldn't have the chipping yips if you'd stop spraying water on your balls

But I have to keep them pristine and shiny 😏

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

But I have to keep them pristine and shiny 😏

Be careful, as photokeratitis on the golf course from shiny balls is an influencing factor in at least a 3 point swing in your handicap. I suggest a reference of wet shiny balls vs. wet shiny matte balls so you can calculate the standard deviation in ball cover reflectivity to see which has the higher influence on your yips. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The wedges are just sexy!! The bounce is easy to maneuver, the spin is superb and they are starting to ease my chipping yips 🥰


BAD...

I do like that versatile grind.

Have you named them about science?
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Be careful, as photokeratitis on the golf course from shiny balls is an influencing factor in at least a 3 point swing in your handicap. I suggest a reference of wet shiny balls vs. wet shiny matte balls so you can calculate the standard deviation in ball cover reflectivity to see which has the higher influence on your yips. 

I have a feeling this is going to be my reply to a lot of Bryson heckles this week.

ralph-fail-english.jpg.7cf70c0cf1b1710d8b2f1c0c289d816f.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shankster said:

 


BAD...

I do like that versatile grind.

Have you named them about science?

 

Not really the type to name my stuff, I will think on it and let you all know 🤔😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...