GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

[mention=65906]Bucky CC[/mention] did you do that on purpose with your overall handicap to get that sweet W?  If so, well done, if not, even more well done.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

@Bucky CC did you do that on purpose with your overall handicap to get that sweet W?  If so, we’ll done, if not, even more we’ll done.  

I did not do it on purpose but was happy to see the nice W after I completed by 5th full baseline round.  It actually kind of looks like the Arccos logo.

arccos-logo-badge_400x.jpg.d36e9a9ab92ca40f51312f762eb2ef45.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Lee? Lee Buck? Lee Buck Trevino? Is that really you?

funniest-moments-in-golf-history-lee-tre

All day long.  And Grizzly Adams, DID have a beard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bardle said:

Hmm if I commit to abusing my new clubs and go for a repeat crown, then does that mean I can count on your vote? 😁😁😁

Is your cheering section going to join you on this quest?

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Have fun! 

No, the first shot I hit with every club is with a Top-Flite. If it can stand up to a TF it can stand up to any ball. 

Truer words haven't been spoken on this thread.

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know I’ll be in and out the next few days. In Myrtle Beach with the family, going to play at least one round while I’m here. So if you ask a question and I’m slow to respond, that’s why.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hope you enjoy your stay in SC!  Shoot @BIG STU a message while you're down, he is a blast to get around a golf course with!

• Like 2

Really nice job on the intros guys. This gives me a chance to reset my support based on what I’ve read and one clearly stood out to me as I went thru them. A man amongst boys, a risk taker and only 8 weeks away from a championship. I’ve decided to support Bardle!

Regards,

Team Bardle

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

My introduction has been posted:

Image result for let's do this gif

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Really nice job on the intros guys. This gives me a chance to reset my support based on what I’ve read and one clearly stood out to me as I went thru them. A man amongst boys, a risk taker and only 8 weeks away from a championship. I’ve decided to support Bardle!

Regards,

Team Bardle

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Why, a sudden reversal from @Wedgie  Utterly shocking. 😐

Edited by GB13
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

One of the new features Cobra has added this year is a wider sole area with a raised portion to minimize turf interaction and lower the CG. I had to read up in order to understand what Cobra was doing.20190609_073104-01.jpeg
My question is how are you guys finding the F9 to perform out of the rough? Are you having more problems than normal with twisting or loss of distance?

Great job during the pre-chatter to all of you, it's been a fun read.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have not had abnormal issues getting the ball out of the rough with the F9's.  I have found that solid center strikes fly much better compared to my previous irons. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Who’s the wedge guy in this challenge? I’ll be Following the short gamers

@Shankster that would be me.

It's the part of my game that I'm spending the most time trying to improve.

I'm never going to be bombing the ball 300yds consistently. But, I will need to know how to get up and down. 

• Like 3

Great job on the intro @pavlord! Man, you guys are bringing the heat and really making it hard to decide who gets my vote. Now, just gotta see what@Nunfa0 brings to the table.

Thanks to all for the reply to my question, you guys are awesome!

• Like 3

@bardle, @Bucky CC, @Nunfa0, @robertson153 @palvord

Absolutely ACE stage 1 fellas, really enjoyed reading them. They are fun, interesting and all the info we are looking to hear.

I suppose I'm even more interested as I tried the F9 recently for 15 minutes and was absolutely smitten, what a great driver it appears to be.

If the rest marry up I'd like to think we'll have a great contest of lower handicaps, some PB's and great stories to read over the next few weeks.

Keep up the great standard fellas👏

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

So I have finally posted my intro 😁😎

Edited by Nunfa0
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great job on the intro @pavlord! Man, you guys are bringing the heat and really making it hard to decide who gets my vote. Now, just gotta see what@Nunfa0 brings to the table.

Thanks to all for the reply to my question, you guys are awesome!

My poor offering is on the table 😁

By the way, I have had no issues with the irons out if the rough. The actual contact area on the base of the sole is about the same size as the Hotmetals 😁😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, palvord said:

@Shankster that would be me.

It's the part of my game that I'm spending the most time trying to improve.

I'm never going to be bombing the ball 300yds consistently. But, I will need to know how to get up and down. 

2C34AF81-4BD8-454E-AEDE-181D3641DCDE.gif

• Like 3

Great intros, everyone. They are all worthy of votes and although I was part of #teamNunfa0 in the pre-chatter thread, my vote for the intros is currently for sale. Just sayin'. Make me an offer. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Great intros, everyone. They are all worthy of votes and although I was part of #teamNunfa0 in the pre-chatter thread, my vote for the intros is currently for sale. Just sayin'. Make me an offer. 😉

I guarantee anyone that joins Team Bucky will be dropping bombs for eagle just like me!*  And yes, I purposely played the next fairway over to make sure I stayed as far away from the water as possible.

thumbnail_IMG_0762.png.93c99e255d24b8864c70db77ec29e447.png

*not an actual guarantee.  No one has powers like that.  I'd still appreciate your support though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bucky CC said:

I guarantee anyone that joins Team Bucky will be dropping bombs for eagle just like me!*  And yes, I purposely played the next fairway over to make sure I stayed as far away from the water as possible.

thumbnail_IMG_0762.png.93c99e255d24b8864c70db77ec29e447.png

*not an actual guarantee.  No one has powers like that.  I'd still appreciate your support though!

I saw that pic in the How did you play thread and thought the tee placement seemed odd (I assumed you played the correct fairway). I didn't look at it hard enough to figure out you played the wrong fairway. Well done!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm clearly not the best player here, but I do have the most room for improvement. For instance, how about this hole from yesterday...the worst drive of the day, just straight up skyball on the first tee, followed by a thinned hybrid...but then...

1419070762_ScreenShot2019-06-10at8_36_43AM.thumb.png.c2ca6bf684a0e6288c7a99d4dec89f94.png

I won't let you down Max, You just have to have faith. Team Bardle will welcome you with open arms. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Image result for i'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse gif

Akron should be sticking together on this one @MaxEntropy

Although I left to chase my wife, I will always be, "Just a kid from Akron."

• Like 2