35 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

For years Cobra drivers had a very distinct sound to them. Have you (or your playing partners/neighboring tee box) had any issues with the F9's sound profile?

The only time I really noticed the sound was when I switched the heavier weight from the back of the club to the front to try and reduce spin.  It definitely had more of a hollow metallic sound with the weight in the front.  Not necessarily a bad sound but definitely different.  I have no problems with it.

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

What sort of reaction are you getting from other golfers out on the course with the new clubs? Are you hearing any "you've never reached there before!!" from playing partners, any comments on the looks/performance, or are you sneaking in under the radar to drop some low scores?

At the start of the season I had a few "friends" apologize that I was going to waste my entire summer playing poor super game improvement irons and below average wedges.  I think my 11 shot victory in our first two-day tournament of the year shut them up about that.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: RADSPEED, Fujikura Motore 70 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour STiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black 7

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its Finallyyyyyy Timeeeee!!!!! Welcome everyone! The first thing I want to do it is thank MGS and Cobra for letting me be a part of this incredible challenge. Being a high handicapper, I wasn’t s

So here we are, after all of the waiting and intelligent discussions, at the start of the Cobra Connect Challenge 3!! When I threw my name in the hat I was in Ireland over indulging in ever

*PREFACE* I wrote my complete intro a few days before our June 9th deadline.  We were given the OK to put the new Cobra clubs in play starting on June 8th, and I used them for my course’s first “

Posted Images

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

What sort of reaction are you getting from other golfers out on the course with the new clubs? Are you hearing any "you've never reached there before!!" from playing partners, any comments on the looks/performance, or are you sneaking in under the radar to drop some low scores?

From the people that saw me play with my old set, they are all surprised with the ball flight and some of the shots I have been able to hit. I do get a few audible, "wow" reactions with my iron shots.

From someone I played with for the first time, they were surprised with the spin I was creating with the wedges. Every chip or pitch shot was checking just the way you would want, and he said, "Man you get those to spin just right."

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

55 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

For years Cobra drivers had a very distinct sound to them. Have you (or your playing partners/neighboring tee box) had any issues with the F9's sound profile?

I haven't really noticed the sound as being a problem. No one that I play with has made a comment about the sound either. They just like the look of the Avalanche coloring.

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

10 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

The only time I really noticed the sound was when I switched the heavier weight from the back of the club to the front to try and reduce spin.  It definitely had more of a hollow metallic sound with the weight in the front.  Not necessarily a bad sound but definitely different.  I have no problems with it.

At the start of the season I had a few "friends" apologize that I was going to waste my entire summer playing poor super game improvement irons and below average wedges.  I think my 11 shot victory in our first two-day tournament of the year shut them up about that.

11 shot victory?!  Nice!  I know that would not only shut me up, but make me run to the nearest store and get me some Cobras in the bag😁😅😂

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

23 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I think my 11 shot victory in our first two-day tournament of the year shut them up about that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

10 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Great answers so far to everyone's questions!  Have you found more versatility/less trouble with the cobras than your previous gamers?  If you were to do a cool trick shot, what club would you use and why?

MDGolfHacker

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm capable with the clubs, the best chance I would have is the wedges. I actually have hit a really hard hook with my 58 degree around a tree that looked great until it bumped a branch and went into the bunker...

The irons aren't really super workable..they are just straight and long and super forgiving. 

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I don't have recurring playing partners. I usually get paired up with someone or run into someone whose backed up and play along. the last time it happened I ran into this super nice guy who was playing with some brand new Mizuno JPX 919's Forged. We both hit off the tee, I murder the ball with my 5i and he gets up with his 4i and hits it solid but blocks it. We get down to our balls and I am a good 30 yards in front of him and in the dead center of the fairway...I almost didn't want to tell him what club I hit when he asked me...😅

I mean it was just a 206 yd 5 iron...whats the big deal...

Screenshot_20190711-092824.png.330f71df75a6742bc6b47d4c655fbb96.png

1 hour ago, GregB135 said:

No issues, I like it but I'm not really a sound guy, I could, in general care less about how a club sounds, I just want it to be in the fairway or on the green... 😜

• Like 5

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Gonna be tough to place well this week...I've only got 9 holes in and this mess is in the forecast. Anyone curious how well the hybrid does out of wet rough? 🤯

271294067_ScreenShot2019-07-11at9_37_49AM.thumb.png.ec8957f08b412ada54899ed0f68741fc.png

• Like 4

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I have to admit that this is the first weekly challenge that has me a little nervous.  I tried hitting a few irons off the tee during a 9 hole round on Sunday so I would have hybrids into the green.  It did not go well.  I'm also terrible at chipping with anything but a wedge in my hands.

I'm playing 27 holes this afternoon but will then be done with rounds for the week as I am traveling on Saturday and playing in a charity scramble on Sunday.  I'm going to predict a 4th place finish this week.  To my fellow competitors:

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg.df63e5c163143ba7d48ac7dd4c56a561.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: RADSPEED, Fujikura Motore 70 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour STiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black 7

Why is there not more golf jokes?

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole. The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in agony.

The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize. “Please allow me to help. I’m a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you’d allow me,” she told him.

“Oh, no, I’ll be all right. I’ll be fine in a few minutes,” the man replied.  

It was obvious that he was in agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands together at his groin.

The female golfer/therapist urged him to let him help him, so at her persistence, he finally allowed her to help.

She gently took his hands away and laid them to his side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside. She administered tender and artful massage to his privates for several long moments and then asked, “How does that feel”?

He replied, “That feels great, but my thumb still hurts like Hell!” 

57299377601__7A703BBB-BB57-4AFA-9FD5-8C3A9EC16A9F.JPG

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 2

•Callaway Big Bertha Irons & Hybrids, XR-16 Driver, Ram Zebra putter

Just now, fcappi said:

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole. The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in agony.

The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize. “Please allow me to help. I’m a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you’d allow me,” she told him.

“Oh, no, I’ll be all right. I’ll be fine in a few minutes,” the man replied.  

It was obvious that he was in agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands together at his groin.

The female golfer/therapist urged him to let him help him, so at her persistence, he finally allowed her to help.

She gently took his hands away and laid them to his side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside. She administered tender and artful massage to his privates for several long moments and then asked, “How does that feel”?

He replied, “That feels great, but my thumb still hurts like Hell!” 

57299377601__7A703BBB-BB57-4AFA-9FD5-8C3A9EC16A9F.JPG

Haha....hey Nunfa, my thumb hurts!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 minutes ago, fcappi said:

We have a designated thread for that kind of thing - What’s your best joke?

• Like 1

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

@palvord @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @bardle @robertson153 

Two Questions:

1. With the new clubs, what's the biggest difference you've noticed in terms of the actual shots? Distance, shape, spin, etc.

2. Knowing what you know now, if you could only keep either the clubs or Arccos, which would you keep?

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

OR

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

So what is the future of these demo clubs? 

Keep as your regular gamers, donate to a junior, store away for a day when your regulars get on your nerves, give to me?

Eh?

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore
4 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I have to admit that this is the first weekly challenge that has me a little nervous.  I tried hitting a few irons off the tee during a 9 hole round on Sunday so I would have hybrids into the green.  It did not go well.  I'm also terrible at chipping with anything but a wedge in my hands.

I'm playing 27 holes this afternoon but will then be done with rounds for the week as I am traveling on Saturday and playing in a charity scramble on Sunday.  I'm going to predict a 4th place finish this week.  To my fellow competitors:

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg.df63e5c163143ba7d48ac7dd4c56a561.jpg

I've been playing driver still and then playing some funky hybrids 🤪. Needless to say my approach numbers have taken a hit 🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Haha....hey Nunfa, my thumb hurts!

I can help with that, all I need is a hammer, hacksaw and some ordinary household bleach 😜🤣😎

• Like 3

Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Just now, Nunfa0 said:

I can help with that, all I need is a hammer, hacksaw and some ordinary household bleach 😜🤣😎

I'm all better now!

• Haha 5

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

@palvord @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @bardle @robertson153 

Two Questions:

1. With the new clubs, what's the biggest difference you've noticed in terms of the actual shots? Distance, shape, spin, etc.

2. Knowing what you know now, if you could only keep either the clubs or Arccos, which would you keep?

Good questions!

1. I was already using game improvement clubs so there is very little difference so far. I've always been able to shape the ball with gi clubs anyway. It's cold here so I don't know just how far they will fly but I'm guessing they will be maybe a club longer. All of the clubs are a bit straighter so that's nice.

2. I refuse to decide and if you try to make me I will throw the biggest tantrum in history 😝🤣😎

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Maori warrior turned maori witch doctor.  I like this game.

• Haha 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

TonyC and Adam contend that there is a very rare chance that all 14 clubs will come from one manufacturer (I know you only have 13). But after playing with a set from top to bottom with same company what say you?

@palvord @Nunfa0 @Bucky CC @robertson153 @bardle

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

5 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

TonyC and Adam contend that there is a very rare chance that all 14 clubs will come from one manufacturer (I know you only have 13). But after playing with a set from top to bottom with same company what say you?

@palvord @Nunfa0 @Bucky CC @robertson153

My old set had 6 manufacturers in the bag so I was definitely a believer in what they had to say but they also say use what works. These clubs seem to be working for me so  maybe I will only have two manufacturers in the bag 😁😎

By the way you forgot @bardle

• Like 2