GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

This is weird, it's the perfect week for smack talk but everyone is being polite and supportive. It must be because @fozcycle and @revkev are involved. No one wants to insult our elder statesmen 😁😎

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

This is weird, it's the perfect week for smack talk but everyone is being polite and supportive. It must be because @fozcycle and @revkev are involved. No one wants to insult our elder statesmen 😁😎

They are too busy playing 54 today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This is weird, it's the perfect week for smack talk but everyone is being polite and supportive. It must be because [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention] and [mention=16651]revkev[/mention] are involved. No one wants to insult our elder statesmen

I know it’s like having my parents at a slumber party.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I know it’s like having my parents at a slumber party.

There is a lot to digest from such a short sentence. 

• Like 4

For the review... would you please relay that I’m most interested to learn in which pocket she stores your balls - velour lined valuables pouch _or_ on ice in the cooler pocket? 

Happy wife = happy life. I had no issue giving her the Cobra bag considering I had just purchased a 14 club stand bag about a month before the contest started.

This is weird, it's the perfect week for smack talk but everyone is being polite and supportive. It must be because [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention] and [mention=16651]revkev[/mention] are involved. No one wants to insult our elder statesmen

Or it could be that everyone knows The Blue Bloods are here to dominate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

Or it could be that everyone knows The Blue Bloods are here to dominate.

Well with how far behind you're falling you do need a win this week...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Well with how far behind you're falling you do need a win this week...

And so it begins...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

And so it begins...

It was right there for the taking 😏

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Happy wife = happy life. I had no issue giving her the Cobra bag considering I had just purchased a 14 club stand bag about a month before the contest started.

How do you feel about keeping fellow MGS forum members happy?

How would you feel if Cobra cancelled the bags altogether next year because of your unchecked give away precedent?

You’re the only Spy that got a “free” bag - everyone else has been working for it. And they have subsequently contributed to the overall optics package Cobra intended for the program.

This will continue until I’m satisfied you grasp that the bag _was not yours_ to give away before completing CCC3. And I’ll likely become more pointed in my criticism the longer it takes you to acknowledge the potential detriment from the forum’s perspective.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

How would you feel if Cobra cancelled the bags altogether next year because of your unchecked give away precedent?

You’re the only Spy that got a “free” bag - everyone else has been working for it. And they have subsequently contributed to the overall optics package Cobra intended for the program.

This will continue until I’m satisfied you grasp that the bag _was not yours_ to give away before completing CCC3. And I’ll likely become more pointed in my criticism the longer it takes you to acknowledge the potential detriment from the forum’s perspective.

But he didn't give it away, she took it. Think of it as a tax he had to pay to be involved 😁😎

• Like 7

You could also look at it like Cobra and MGS are getting twice their money’s worth by having two people take my clubs/bag out onto the course to promote the brand. I’m out there every Thursday and Saturday with the boys while my wife handles Tuesday nights in her women’s league. That’s great exposure for both brands.

Nice try though.
  • Like 3

Is a caboose allowed to talk trash?

Again, asking for a friend...

Seriously though. This challenge has been amazing for my golf game. Even though my scores and handicap don’t show it. The challenge is forcing me to think, which is not currently a strong suit in my golf game. I may not win this 8 week challenge, but I’m learning lessons that will hopefully pay off for my golf game in the long run.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, palvord said:

Is a caboose allowed to talk trash?

Again, asking for a friend...

Seriously though. This challenge has been amazing for my golf game. Even though my scores and handicap don’t show it. The challenge is forcing me to think, which is not currently a strong suit in my golf game. I may not win this 8 week challenge, but I’m learning lessons that will hopefully pay off for my golf game in the long run.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT! THIS WEEK IS OURS!!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

You could also look at it like Cobra and MGS are getting twice their money’s worth by having two people take my clubs/bag out onto the course to promote the brand. I’m out there every Thursday and Saturday with the boys while my wife handles Tuesday nights in her women’s league. That’s great exposure for both brands.

Nice try though.

Cobra (your sponsor) sent a bag with the understanding that _you_ would use and review it. You clearly don’t think that agreement applies to you and the review subject matter this week shines a spotlight on your... short sightedness.

But applying your “exposure by division” logic for the sake of argument - why haven’t you split up the entire set amongst your friends/family to give Cobra/MGS (14) times their money’s worth?

I’m surprised the mods haven’t reached out to you privately on this subject. Re: the “free” bag - your attitude is dangerously glib.

I genuinely care about the MGS forum and sincerely hope you will eventually recognize the additional perspectives (outside your own) that I’m trying to share with you.

• Like 1

Cobra (your sponsor) sent a bag with the understanding that _you_ would use and review it. You clearly don’t think that agreement applies to you and the review subject matter this week shines a spotlight on your... short sightedness.
But applying your “exposure by division” logic for the sake of argument - why haven’t you split up the entire set amongst your friends/family to give Cobra/MGS (14) times their money’s worth?
I’m surprised the mods haven’t reached out to you privately on this subject. Re: the “free” bag - your attitude is dangerously glib.
I genuinely care about the MGS forum and sincerely hope you will eventually recognize the additional perspectives (outside your own) that I’m trying to share with you.

DA421BA3-DA40-4A6E-84A7-AD61FA2421A8-28040-00000C17615B5CBF.gif
  • Like 2

I can't believe that Foz has walked into this challenge, shot 79, dropped the Mike and walked out.
It shows the rest of us as the MGS amateurs we truly are

I’m telling you Foz is like Yoda. His wisdom far exceeds that of ours. Score low I must!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4