GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

46 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I can't believe that Foz has walked into this challenge, shot 79, dropped the Mike and walked out.

It shows the rest of us as the MGS amateurs we truly are 😁😎

Thanks Nunfao, I don't think I could have said it any better.  When i went out today, my focus was on the 4 clubs and how they would help me.  And lets not forget that my putter (26 putts) was red hot!  I knew if I could keep my driver in the fairway(12/14 FIR's) that I would have a chance at getting to the green.

So I did the formula that Stud is using.  When I was finished, I dropped the pen!  Go Team Blue Bloods!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

We (ccc3 reviewers) have known about this challenge for a while now, as soon as I seen it, I knew it had to be the Foz on my team. Team Blue Bloods!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

That's a good question for the bunch. How'd you decide on who you picked as a teammate? In other words why did you pick me if you wanted to compete @palvord 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I can't believe that Foz has walked into this challenge, shot 79, dropped the Mike and walked out.

It shows the rest of us as the MGS amateurs we truly are 😁😎

Exactly what I was thinking. The legend of the Foz just keeps growing.  #mrcobra

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

That's a good question for the bunch. How'd you decide on who you picked as a teammate? In other words why did you pick me if you wanted to compete @palvord 🤣

I enjoyed reading your stuff in the Epic Flash testing, and your reason for golfing sounds similar to mine.

Again, strategy isn't my strong suit.

• Like 7

I completed my 4 club challenge on Sunday and thought I did great until Foz and RevKev posted their scores. I played 36 Sunday and shot 81 with 14 clubs in the morning and shot 82 with 4 clubs in the afternoon. I did beat the other 3 in my group so I’ve got that going for me.

I’m bummed because there were 2 missed putts that I normally wouldn’t miss that would have gotten me to 80. I’m also bummed I can’t get out again this week to try to do better. But as we all know Bardle and I have been a team from day 1 and he will pick me up.

Date of round - 7/14/19
Course - Valley Country Club
Rating/slope - 71.7/129
Score - 82
Clubs used - driver, 3 hybrid, 7 iron and 52 degree wedge

IMG_0135.JPG

I told the others guys despite only having four clubs it was a pretty normal round for me. Tee off with driver, miss the fairway, hit hybrid miss the green, chip on and hope to be close.

Regards,

Team Bardle

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

That's a good question for the bunch. How'd you decide on who you picked as a teammate?

I went with @revkev after getting to know him a bit during the SuperSpeed testing over the winter.  He's a great golfer and seems to be an even better person off the course.

• Like 8

I went with [mention=16651]revkev[/mention] after getting to know him a bit during the SuperSpeed testing over the winter.  He's a great golfer and seems to be an even better person off the course.

You think you can match your partners round?

• Like 2

You think you can match your partners round?

Probably not. I’m on vacation this week and have to wake up to this view each morning. So far the scorecard is:

Lake 2
Early morning golf 0.

I have a tee time for Thursday and that be my only four club round this week.

IMG_1054.JPG
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

Played my round today, but I’m gonna hold out on posting my score until I know that’s the one I’m turning in.
I will tell you I played my home course that’s a rating of 71.10 with a slope of 129. So if I do play again it’ll be at this same course.

• Like 4

Probably not. I’m on vacation this week and have to wake up to this view each morning. So far the scorecard is:

Lake 2
Early morning golf 0.

I have a tee time for Thursday and that be my only four club round this week.

IMG_1054.JPG.8258fedde013ea3dcf36aee6f17ae732.JPG

You’ve got me beat.

Work 2

Golf 0

Enjoy your vacation!

• Like 4

Since I’ve been absolutely destroying things in the challenge so far, I went for a lesson tonight. I’m hoping that is going to start getting me sorted out.

One of the lessons this challenge has taught me about my game is that I don’t know how to fix my errors on the course. Huge gap in my game right now. Self correction is the only kind of correction we have on the course, and I’m failing at it big time.

I’m happy to keep working to find it though. It’s all part of the process.

Do you think you’re thinking too much? If so try beer on the course. I find 2-5 to be the sweet spot.

• Like 4

Do you think you’re thinking too much? If so try beer on the course. I find 2-5 to be the sweet spot.

Probably somewhere in between thinking too much and not thinking enough. Could just be lack of trust in my swing.

A few beers could be what the game/brain needs.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, palvord said:

I enjoyed reading your stuff in the Epic Flash testing, and your reason for golfing sounds similar to mine.

Again, strategy isn't my strong suit.

strategy smategy!

8 minutes ago, palvord said:

Probably somewhere in between thinking too much and not thinking enough. Could just be lack of trust in my swing.

A few beers could be what the game/brain needs.

couple drops of CBD maybe

• Like 2

Strategery is more what I use.

And CBD could be a good idea too.

Played nine after work today and shot about average for me. One major improvement I've had is that I no longer really worry about my irons. 

I used too. It wasn't uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 penalties from approach shots with my irons. Or to lose balls on par 3 tee shots. 

The F9s are just straight and incredibly forgiving. Did I mention they are long? Now I'm able to focus on the parts of my game that can really drop my scores. Which is chipping and tee shots. Although using the 3 wood yielded 5/7 fairways so maybe it's just chipping it close that is my next big thing and staying out of trouble. 

Seriously though if you are a mid to high handicapper. These things work and if you don't have a problem gaming one lengths then do it. I hit a 238 yard 5 iron today...so don't let anyone tell you that they can't be hit as far because they are shorter either...worried about accuracy? Here's my ball mark from that same 5 iron uphill about 190 on a par 3. 

MVIMG_20190716_171731.thumb.jpg.02389b7f3197c30c20945aaeeaa5bd94.jpg

I know it feels like Im venting but there's so much negativity around one lengths that it drives me crazy. I'm officially a convert. Whatever formula Cobra is using for these works. 

• Like 9

Played nine after work today and shot about average for me. One major improvement I've had is that I no longer really worry about my irons. 
I used too. It wasn't uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 penalties from approach shots with my irons. Or to lose balls on par 3 tee shots. 
The F9s are just straight and incredibly forgiving. Did I mention they are long? Now I'm able to focus on the parts of my game that can really drop my scores. Which is chipping and tee shots. Although using the 3 wood yielded 5/7 fairways so maybe it's just chipping it close that is my next big thing and staying out of trouble. 
Seriously though if you are a mid to high handicapper. These things work and if you don't have a problem gaming one lengths then do it. I hit a 238 yard 5 iron today...so don't let anyone tell you that they can't be hit as far because they are shorter either...worried about accuracy? Here's my ball mark from that same 5 iron uphill about 190 on a par 3. 
I know it feels like Im venting but there's so much negativity around one lengths that it drives me crazy. I'm officially a convert. Whatever formula Cobra is using for these works. 

I am really glad they are working for you. Are your chipping issues because of the single lengths or has it always been a problem area for your game? I spent a week on Cape Cod over the 4th of July and my son and I chipped for about an hour everyday and it made a huge difference on the course.

So there you go, on top of work and keeping up with the challenge add an hour of chipping each day to the agenda.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

strategy smategy!

I hope you two at least get a participation trophy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nice shots! I know you stated earlier in the thread that you got pretty long shots, but that 238 with a five iron is impressive! The one regret I have in getting fit for my Cobra's last year is that I didn't even think about trying the one lengths. Don't get me wrong, I love the F8's, but I still struggle with the long irons from time to time.

Great job so far this week guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3