GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

I voted for @Bucky CC bc 'whos says you have to play from your own fairway.' And bc stories arent made about guys who laid-up!

• Like 4

I’m going with my man Bucky for the win.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

What a strategery to pick another fairway off the tee and then the execution to make an eagle. What a hole @Bucky CC!

• Like 4

Thanks for letting me participate in the Challenge....I had a lot of fun and confidence with my Cobras . And of course my partner, Blake, aka Robertson153.

• Like 5

Thanks for letting me participate in the Challenge....I had a lot of fun and confidence with my Cobras . And of course my partner, Blake, aka Robertson153.

I can’t think of anyone else I would have wanted. Thanks for carrying us to victory.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, edingc said:

I only have been to the Lynx once, though I grew up not far from there. I played nine holes in 45 degree and rainy weather one fall in high school. I seem to remember it being pretty nice, and there's a par 3 that goes way downhill. I'm a sucker for elevated tee boxes on par 3s...

I think number 10 is par 4 that is really downhill. There probably is a par 3 that is the same. 

• Like 1

I think number 10 is par 4 that is really downhill. There probably is a par 3 that is the same. 

Yes, #10 is a severe downhill par 4. #1 has a blind downhill approach shot to the green, #6 is a downhill par 3, and #14 is a downhill par 3.

Very cool views, and challenging shots that require tons of commitment. The uphill approach shots on the holes before or after the downhill holes are equally demanding.

If anyone is in that area, I recommend checking the course out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's nice the testers have so many other spy's local to participate in this past weeks challenge... I would probably have to time the team event with a NW Spy Meet-up.  More cattle and trout than golfers around here 🙂.  Nice going @fozcycle!!

It was really fun to be able to compete/help out in the challenge all the way from the middle of the Pacific!

That said, I'll never do a 4-club challenge again LOL.

• Like 6

@robertson153 and @fozcycle, well done.. For some reason this feels very much like someone got a ringer.. but well played..

You guys are doing a fantastic job, Your in the home stretch keep it going and now is the time to push to the end..

• Like 4

It's nice the testers have so many other spy's local to participate in this past weeks challenge... I would probably have to time the team event with a NW Spy Meet-up.  More cattle and trout than golfers around here .  Nice going [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention]!!

We didn’t actually play together, we didn’t even play on the same day. The competitors and members participating in last weeks challenge had to have a tracking system, could be Arccos or shot scope, or something along those lines.

• Like 2

[mention=71790]robertson153[/mention] and [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention], well done.. For some reason this feels very much like someone got a ringer.. but well played..

You guys are doing a fantastic job, Your in the home stretch keep it going and now is the time to push to the end..

Thanks Reesedw, If you look back at the “How’d you play?” Thread, you will see that I had broken 80 a couple times in the past month. So when I chose my 4 clubs, I was careful to make sure that I could stay in the fairway......with Driver & 5W, then my 9 iron was my 125 club and if I set up a draw, 140. My putter was red hot that day.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 3

On 7/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, fozcycle said:

I decided to let Robertson153 select his clubs, then I filled in the gaps for play at my club........Gotta get the fairway, so I chose my Cobra F8 Driver. Then followed with the Cobra F8 5W, because I can use it off the tee on several holes with severe doglegs and water. I selected my Cobra F8 9 iron, as I can hit it 125 solid. Finally I selected the Cobra King F8 SW(54*) for short chips and sand play. All this followed by my Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter. That said, play today was interesting like: trying to stretch a 125 yd shot to 140 or using SW for an 86 yd shot. Then taking the 5Wood and hitting a knockdown 115 yard shot under trees to the green.

Here’s some stats on the round from Arccos:

I had 12/14 FIRs, 5/18 GIRs, 7/12 Up&Downs and 26 putts.

file-7CEC3F77-9E8E-4C19-A856-30C63008EF78-17753-00000BDDB0C76B4F.png.4b0d2e2ff213dbcd89f8c67c36fc20bc.png

Birdie Hole...

file-2ACBF2D2-A783-4EB2-BF29-F1470F461119-17753-00000BDDAEE62247.png.ded9026721577f497a128d3eef65db1c.png

Another Birdie...

file-836455F9-1C35-4769-82B8-C9D4ED4BC3A3-17753-00000BDDAC201568.png.9e63d43fa8bc32eaeac1606660eb2ece.png

And last, thanks to my fan. I couldn’t have finished without it.

IMG_1561.thumb.JPG.9868b7c6772b5db24ab8c8c4f6b2f04d.JPG

This was my home club, where I play the Senior Tees at 5516+ yards with a course rating of 66.3/111 on the scorecard and a 17 Handicap.

I hope all the Challengers have as much fun as I did today.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Nice round! Very well played for an 18 index. Making me think I should just go with 4 clubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

We didn’t actually play together, we didn’t even play on the same day. The competitors and members participating in last weeks challenge had to have a tracking system, could be Arccos or shot scope, or something along those lines.

Oh, I missed that... cool!

• Like 1

I voted for Bucky based on his exemplary course management... and scoring BIGLY from another fairway 👏.

• Like 1

Well Bardle we were close but congrats to Robertson and Foz. Well done guys! I’m bummed I could only get one round in but I’m not sure the outcome would have been much better. It should have been a 4 club challenge and all the clubs had to be the same length. We would have smoked them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Why are some of you voting before all entries are in?? Seems your minds are made up regardless of what anyone post.

Rumor is Bucky is sending free cheese to all that vote for him. He must be stopped to make this interesting. He is doing an amazing job but so did the undefeated Patriots before they lost the Super Bowl. Team Bardle is right where we want to be at this point, kind of like when the Patriots were down 28 to 3 in the Super Bowl and won.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Off Topic 1

I don’t know if y’all have noticed yet but @fozcycle is kind of a big deal around these parts. Especially when it comes to birdie hunting with Cobras.  The man cannot be stopped! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1