GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

I see ya....tryin to get a few more votes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most of my rounds have been ordinary recently but I did have this bomb on Thursday night.  I knew it was a good drive but all I could think of when I saw it was over 300 is that I need to make birdie so I can post it in the #CobraConnectChallenge 3 thread.  Of course I then two putted for par.

IMG_1077.PNG.ed1ab423f932317e07250092476cb63a.PNG

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Most of my rounds have been ordinary recently but I did have this bomb on Thursday night.  I knew it was a good drive but all I could think of when I saw it was over 300 is that I need to make birdie so I can post it in the #CobraConnectChallenge 3 thread.  Of course I then two putted for par.

That is a great drive and at least you didn't 3 putt 😁

• Like 4

I'm keeping my early vote for Pavlord in place. 

1. As a player with a similar handicap, recovering for birdie on a challenging hole like that is a triumph.

2. Approach shot to 2' from 170 into an island green with bunkers = Hat Tipper every day

3. Lived up to the GIF presentation with flying colors

Well done Pav, and hey, we've all ruined our birdies on the next hole.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2019 at 12:12 PM, Bucky CC said:

I dug back into my Arccos history and found a hole that matches yours @Bucky CC

Screenshot_20190729-123254.png

• Like 8

I have failed you for the last time, I messed around and missed the voting deadline.  I normally would vote for my guy @Nunfa0 #teamHaka. But this unofficial/not counting at all vote goes to @bardle. Breaking barriers just brings a smile because it reminds me of my personal game. It was a blast reading those, fellas.  Last week or so to go.  Enjoy it!

Still #teamHaka.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Photos and write up coming tomorrow. But I finally got the first round ever in my new Pumas and Puma is bringing the heat with these new shoes.  They aren’t perfect but they are close to it.  Thank you MGS and Puma for the sweet new kicks!   

• Like 5

So today after work I came the closest I have been to an eagle since I started playing with the beautiful Cobras...Screenshot_20190729-211710.thumb.png.8ebd6f01dfc67b169ab393038ba1f7a7.png
As you can see it was two mighty blows with the 3 wood that left me this putt...IMG_20190729_161434.thumb.jpg.50022b16d4800048c93f482585c8f3cb.jpg
But it just slid by on the top side. Oh well, it would have sucked getting an eagle just as the poll closed
Those are two impressive shots with the 3 wood! Hate to hear you missed the eagle putt, but to have the chance is awesome. I would have probably been so nervous that I would have four putted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Those are two impressive shots with the 3 wood! Hate to hear you missed the eagle putt, but to have the chance is awesome. I would have probably been so nervous that I would have four putted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks mate, I was just happy I didn't leave it short 😁

• Like 2

Way to go Nunfao, so your fairway 3W was longer than your drive? Interesting!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Way to go Nunfao, so your fairway 3W was longer than your drive? Interesting!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah I think the tee shot came down steeper so stopped quicker

• Like 2

I guess I'll have to quick order a copy of this book.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be Bucky McIlroy against Nunfa0 Koepka.

327309251_GaryPlayer.jpg.b1afd08463be96e8f38087295b61dba0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bucky CC said:

I guess I'll have to quick order a copy of this book.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be Bucky McIlroy against Nunfa0 Koepka.

327309251_GaryPlayer.jpg.b1afd08463be96e8f38087295b61dba0.jpg

Excuse you!

All that needs to happen is, stars aligning, some ancient Mayan or Aztec predictions that say I'm destined to win coming true, a revolutionary new result in my golf game, such as the ball going in the hole, and a pinch of dumb luck and I got this thing in the bag.

Image result for so you're saying there's a chance gif

But back in the real world, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of congratulations gift I'm going to send your way.

I think this is appropriate:

Image result for nothing gif

Image result for ron swanson gift gif

• Like 4

@edingc, congratulations fellow Michigander!

• Love 1

Dang it @GolfSpy STUDque!!  I thought I was onto something, but you didn't use the updated handicaps for the week 6 challenge.  I worked the numbers back and solved for X.  🤓

7 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Dang it @GolfSpy STUDque!!  I thought I was onto something, but you didn't use the updated handicaps for the week 6 challenge.  I worked the numbers back and solved for X.  🤓

🙂

That's smart thinking.  If you'll remember, all of the challenges actually use the baseline handicaps.

• Like 1