GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Other than handicap, what is the most surprising thing you have learned about your game since using Arccos?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

New sticks, tracking equipment, being fit, 3 months of competition and I still suck
On a serious note, my inconsistency’s in distance. Being able to find my “reliable” distances.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, bardle said:

Things like that really set Arccos apart from just "O look I improved at approach shots this round" type of mentality. Its a nerds tool and you can dig in as far as you want. Course stats show that I had never hit the green on hole 4 of my home course. It's a 190 yd par 3 with a massive bunker left. A little arccos research made me realize I was taking too much club and that by mising the green left in that bunker or short of it my chances of getting out with a par were abysmal. Instead I chose a shorter club and aimed for the right front of the green and got my first par ever after hitting the front of the green. There is limitless opportunity to find places you can shave strokes off if you have the willingness to take a look. Is your FIR % on a certain hole less than 50%? Take an iron and just stay in play and get a par instead of a bogey or a bogey instead of a double...

Here's a screenie of my home course, one of my favorite parts of the analytics system:

This part just sent me down a rabbit hole looking at the analytics of each hole I've played recently. I didn't know you could do this and now I know in my last 10 rounds there's three holes I have not had a par on. Holes 3, 9, and 17 have all been bogey or worse. Well, now I have a new goal. 

Thank you for pointing this feature out!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

This part just sent me down a rabbit hole looking at the analytics of each hole one played recently. I didn't know you could do this and now I know in my last 10 rounds there's three holes I have not had a post on. Holes 3, 9, and 17 have all been bogey or worse. Well, now I have a new goal. 

Thank you for pointing this feature out!

Ha! No problem. Yeah there are a few things only available on desktop. But Arccos doesn't really tell you that so you have to kind of go and discover it on your own. 

• Like 2

@bardle that was well and above the review I was expecting. Great, great job.  You may have just convinced me that Arccos has taken the lead over Shot Scope. What say you, @Nunfa0?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

@bardle that was well and above the review I was expecting. Great, great job.  You may have just convinced me that Arccos has taken the lead over Shot Scope. What say you, @Nunfa0?

Definitely @JohnSmalls, the difference is Shotscope is like a nice whisky and Arccos is a 40 year old single malt 🥃😁😎

• Love 1

Once again the Cobra Conect thread is the thread of the summer.   You guys are great and playing some good golf.   

Keep it up!    And to my fellow Arccos tester @palvord - lets bring home a big time Victory!

• Like 5

Wait. What?!? It's over?

Image result for it's over gif

I'll do a post mortem later, but let's talk about the Arccos system.

I was privileged in the fall of 2018 to be able to test and review the Arccos 360 system.  My stage 2 shows that I was slightly unimpressed with the system:

Since that time, Arccos pushed a new update out to the app and well:
Image result for oh my gif

Before I get into what I like about the improvements, let me just say that Arccos may have a fan for life because to experience all of the new benefits of the upgrade, all you had to do was...complete the upgrade to the free app on your phone. No new purchase required. 

In a time where receiving the benefits of new and better technology generally requires you to purchase something new, I really appreciate that a company did not force you to make an entire new purchase to receive the benefits of their hard work. Kudos to Arccos.

@bardle, @Bucky CC, and @Nunfa0 have been incredibly thorough with their thoughts on the product and I fully echo their thoughts.

In my first review of the Arccos system, I thought they did a great job with the accuracy of their yardages, and "plays like" yardages. Having the hole layout on your phone is very helpful for finding hidden hazards and yardages needed to avoid them. 

Where Arccos showed the most massive improvement from my initial review is in the shot sensing, including putting. I have played rounds where all I look at my phone for is the yardages and the score at the end of the round was correct. This change had to have taken them quite sometime, but it has completely changed my view of the system. If you don't have a shot tracking system, get Arccos.

As I predicted, the more you play, the more the system increases its accuracy of knowing the distances of your clubs and gapping. The system does a much better job though of sensing if you are punching out or hit a flubbed shot and not taking that into account for your true average. In the fall, I never trusted the club suggestions that Arccos would give, but now I really trust the suggestions.

For the caddie....uummmm...I'm not a fan.

There have been quite a few examples of where the suggestions don't seem to be accurate for helping you score the lowest score possible.  I present to you a few more for your consideration:

IMG-1363.JPG

IMG-1364.JPG

IMG-1369.JPG

IMG-1368.JPG

IMG-1366.JPG

IMG-1367.JPG

I don't really use the caddie system ever, but don't find it to be necessary to call the system a win. 

Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a better GPS system that is accurate for the money. Add in the data collection that Arccos does for your golf game, and you are getting an incredible system with Arccos. Being able to dive into all of the data as much or as little as you want is very helpful. The system does not force their data on you, but provides you with an easy way to find out how to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your game.

In the fall of 2018, I said that you would be better of spending your money elsewhere. I am happy to say that Arccos has changed my mind. Thank you, Arccos for your hard work to improve your system. You have a fan for life.

• Like 9

Seems like so far we're all fans of Arccos in general but the Caddie could definitely use some work.  Are any of you planning on purchasing the Link device so you can take your phone out of your pocket (and play connect to a bluetooth speaker)?  I pre-ordered one back in May.

• Like 1

You all have done an amazing job this year, both with the reviews and the challenges. Regular reviews take a lot of time and commitment and the Cobra Connect Challenge isn't a regular review, it's a beast. Thank you for keeping us entertained and most importantly, the information you have provided us on both the clubs and Arccos. giphy(4).gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Wow, I can’t believe this challenge is over. I just went back and read over all of the reviews, and they were all magnificent. The mods picked 5 great competitors, and y’all did a wonderful job, not just for the forum, but for Cobra and Arccos as well. I’m sad I missed the fun of the last couple weeks, but even as a reader, I really enjoyed this challenge. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Seems like so far we're all fans of Arccos in general but the Caddie could definitely use some work.  Are any of you planning on purchasing the Link device so you can take your phone out of your pocket (and play connect to a bluetooth speaker)?  I pre-ordered one back in May.

I also pre-ordered one, but mostly to save my phone's battery while I play. The Android version of Arccos, with my Pixel 3, just don't seem to play nicely compared to other phones, especially iOS devices. I gave up marking pin locations because I'm trying to minimize my screen-on time. Can't wait to test the Link button, and not have to keep my phone on me during my rounds.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I am going to look into it

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I also pre-ordered one, but mostly to save my phone's battery while I play. The Android version of Arccos, with my Pixel 3, just don't seem to play nicely compared to other phones, especially iOS devices. I gave up marking pin locations because I'm trying to minimize my screen-on time. Can't wait to test the Link button, and not have to keep my phone on me during my rounds.

I have an android as well and it doesn't drain the battery much at all.

• Like 3

I'll third what GB13 and Sirchunksalot said.  You guys have done an amazing job throughout the entire challenge.  I signed up and wasn't selected and after seeing what you guys have been thru I'm glad I wasn't.  You all have gone above and beyond and provided a lot more than I ever could have.  Well done guys!

Regards,

Team Bardle

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I have not pre-ordered it, but am really tempted to get it. I think it’s really going to make it easier to leave the phone away and focus purely on golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Psst. 1 hour left to enter the Week 8 Contest. 

Well, not exactly an hour. 9pm EST. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

This is the biggest thing preventing me from upgrading from GAME Golf to Arccos. I actually like tagging each shot and not having to have my phone running during a round. Much less intrusive. Once Link comes out I'll have to reconsider.

• Like 2

I just want to echo what everyone else has already said that you guys did a fantastic job on this!!  It's truly been great reading all the stories and the great reviews!! 

• Like 4