GolfSpy STUDque

#CobraCONNECT Challenge 3

Our Sponsors

Here we go, last review for the 2019 CobraConnectChallenge3!! Last couple of weeks we have been focusing on Arccos, mainly the caddie feature. I guess I’ll be the first to say, I’m not a fan.
The tracking system itself is very nice. I HATE having my phone in my pocket while playing. There have been 4-5 times I didn’t track because I didn’t want the aggravation of my phone in my pocket. Maybe once the link thing comes out, it’ll be better.
The thing most people would benefit the most from, distances. I pretty much know the range on all my clubs. That comes from a lot of range time and playing several rounds. I play with several people that think they can hit “x” iron 160 but in reality it’s only 145-150. The smart distance feature is really really close, I’ll give it that. The thing that throws it off for me, I hit 4 iron off the tee or punch shots out of trouble. So there’s such a big discrepancy in distances it don’t know what to make my smart distance. Other than that it’s pretty darn close. IMG_0650.JPG
My hybrid had some slight mishits on it, so that kinda skewed the average. As you can see pretty big gap between PW and 50*, need to work on that.
Having to move the pin on every hole wasn’t fun. Unless the hole was cut dead center, you would have to move it. A button you could push as you’re getting you ball out of the hole would be nice. The putter sensor was all over the place, it would either not pick up a putt, or add a putt, very seldom was it right. I did use my Apple Watch series2 a couple of times, it vibrates when a shot has been detected, that was nice. I would’ve used it every time, but I don’t like wearing a watch as it’s in the way of my glove.
This has already been addressed, but, Arccos doesn’t take into account trees. When using the caddie feature on one of my home course holes this is what is says. IMG_0661.PNG That’s all fine and dandy but this is what that hole really looks like. With an arrow showing the intended line. IMG_0613.JPG
Here’s the results from trying to hook it around the trees. Spoiler alert......it didn’t work. Had to take a drop after I flew it 30-40 yards in the woods, at least I found my ball IMG_0620.JPG
One of the things I’ve really liked, is it showing you what you need to work on the most. The days my driving handicap was high, I would spend extra time on the range working on that, same thing for approach shots, chipping, or putting. You can get out of Arccos as much as you want to, to do so, you really need to do it on a computer using the “dashboard”. I looked at it a time or two, but to be honest, it’s not the most user friendly.
In my conclusion, I will probably not be using Arccos in the near future, when the link comes out, we’ll see. For now I’ll use the data I’ve accumulated to work on my game for the rest of my season, another 2-3 months depending. I still say the Cobra F9 Speedback lineup has been key to my made improvements over the last few months. If anyone is considering a whole new bag, or just one new stick, please give Cobra a shot. Here’s one last look, for now, of the amazing setup I’ve been gaming this summer. Thank you MGS for choosing me, IMO, for the most important review of the year. I hope I’ve lived up to your all’s expectations. IMG_0384.JPG
If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me, or ask on the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

CobraConnectChallenge3

9 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

I’m gonna make a separate post for this. As you know we had to use caddie for every shot. We could play as many rounds as we wanted to. If we disagreed with caddie we could hit whatever club we choose, with a 1/3 stroke penalty for every time. I disagreed 6 times, and shot my all time low, beating my old record by 1 shot. Gross score was a 75, net was 77 after six 1/3 disagreements. At least 3 of the strokes were because caddie was telling me to hit 4 iron on 140-145 yard shots emoji23.png. Rating of 71.10 and slope of 129.

Nice round.  I think we know who this week's winner is!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Last round of the 2019 Cobra Connect Challenge 3 is in the books.  It also happened to be my best round in the last few weeks.

First 8 holes I was -1 under par.  Followed Arccos Caddie recommendation of a 3 wood off the tee on hole 9 and promptly hooked it OB.  Stupid double bogey left me at +1 after 9 holes.  Shook off the double and played rocked solid golf to get back to even par after 16 holes.  Unfortunately I knew exactly where I stood on the 17 tee box and bogeyed the last two.  It wasn't quite Jean van de Velde  bad but it still hurt.

van-de-velde-open.jpg.1d6288de71952b582a895a6b88e7483e.jpg

Best round of the week was tonight's 74 on a 70.3/123 par 72 course.  Disagreed with Caddie on one hole when it wanted me to hit 3 wood and I took out my driver instead.  I got a par on that hole so I'm clearly smarter than the Arccos A.I. right?  🤷‍♂️

Would have birdied if you’d listen to your caddie 😂😁

19 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Definitely @JohnSmalls, the difference is Shotscope is like a nice whisky and Arccos is a 40 year old single malt 🥃😁😎

I was hoping you wouldn’t say that 😬. And you had to use an analogy that really works for me. 

It has been really interesting to see the reviews about Arccos. When we reviewed ShotScope last year I’d say the two systems looked like they were pretty neck and neck.  I really do like ShotScope but the more I read the reviews in this thread the more I think Arccos has done a better job at product improvement over the last year.  

• Like 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

10 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

You all have done an amazing job this year, both with the reviews and the challenges. Regular reviews take a lot of time and commitment and the Cobra Connect Challenge isn't a regular review, it's a beast. Thank you for keeping us entertained and most importantly, the information you have provided us on both the clubs and Arccos. giphy(4).gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This echos my feelings as well. Fantastic job from everyone.  It has been a blast sharing a little banter and watching you guys duke it out.  Still hoping for a @Nunfa0 haka (people don’t forget).  Nonetheless it has been an awesome few months!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

SkyCaddie SX400

I submit my humble offering of my final official round in the Cobra Connect Challenge 3.

Using the Arrcos Caddie suggestions, yesterday I shot a 91 at Timber Wolf Golf Course. Course rating was 71.5 and slope is 125. I disagreed with the recommendations 3 times for a total of 92.

I can't fully blame the Caddie for me not having a better round. Yes, some of the time I didn't agree with the recommendations and let that thought creep in my head. With that negative thought nestled in my brain, I promptly executed poorly.

When I fully committed to the recommendations, I had some great results.

For example:

image.png.41bf42bbc6642fcd6c7b277bc91a0f68.png

This is a blind tee shot over trees, that you have to land short of the water and trees on the other side. The screenshot makes it look less intimidating than off the tee. (I should have taken a picture, but I didn't realize I was going to par this hole)

While this doesn't change my viewpoint on the Caddie system, perhaps there is something to the suggestions given. And just like any player/caddie relationship it takes trust and commitment for it to work.

• Like 7

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Congrats to all 5 of you, no matter who wins. You guys did a great job! 

Thanks for all the work you guys put into this! 

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

6 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Would have birdied if you’d listen to your caddie 😂😁

I was hoping you wouldn’t say that 😬. And you had to use an analogy that really works for me. 

It has been really interesting to see the reviews about Arccos. When we reviewed ShotScope last year I’d say the two systems looked like they were pretty neck and neck.  I really do like ShotScope but the more I read the reviews in this thread the more I think Arccos has done a better job at product improvement over the last year.  

Arccos has made awesome strides since our Shot Scope test and in my opinion is a superior product. Don't get me wrong, Shot Scope is great but the way Arccos presents the data, the fact that once the course is downloaded is an instant start, having a course map on your phone, being able to correct errors as you play all lift Arccos above and beyond 😁😎

• Like 4

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Wedgie gets denied by a late revision. Who was it? Congrats Max but I’ll get you next year and congrats to all the guys, they poured everything they had into this contest.

Great showing by Bardle as expected and I can’t wait to read the final summaries from each of you.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Once again, another killer thread and challenge thanks to Cobra and MGS. I'll echo what a lot of others have said - there's no way I could have done this challenge justice the way the competitors this year have done. Amazing, amazing job fellas. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

You all suck did a great job!! There may be winners and not winners with a points system, but you're all winners in this challenge.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

Guy you all did amazing. I hope you found this a very enjoyable adventure. @Bucky CC you have played a great challenge. Bravo. Now lets wait to see the final tally. Again you all have done a great job..

• Like 4

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

You all suck did a great job!! There may be winners and not winners with a points system, but you're all winners in this challenge.

Saw this on my phone and could only see “you all suck”. My first thought was Bardle doesn’t suck....or the other guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Congrats @Bucky CC!! Well Done! 

All testers did an incredible job on this thread and reviews. 

• Like 2

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Congratulations to @MaxEntropy for earning yourself the power of data!!!

Awesome! Can't wait to see if @Nunfa0 is correct in his assessment of Shotscope vs Arccos. 

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

1 hour ago, Reesedw said:

Guy you all did amazing. I hope you found this a very enjoyable adventure. @Bucky CC you have played a great challenge. Bravo. Now lets wait to see the final tally. Again you all have done a great job..

8 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Congrats @Bucky CC!! Well Done! 

All testers did an incredible job on this thread and reviews. 

Thank you both but I still feel like this was just the first 72 holes and we still have a sudden death playoff to go with our personal bests, rounds played, and MGS tiebreakers to factor in.

playoffs.jpg.9f0658a6ef6ee28f7030fd8c35874ff1.jpg

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

9 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Awesome! Can't wait to see if @Nunfa0 is correct in his assessment of Shotscope vs Arccos. 

👀

• Like 2

SkyCaddie SX400

Great job everyone. This was a blast to follow along with. I am glad I didn’t even bother putting my name in the hat for this challenge as I would have been divorced and unemployed trying to put in the work you guys did. You guys rock!

I would also like to thank MGS and Cobra/Puma Golf for the sweet swag myself and others have manage to win over this challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Congrats to all the challengers for a job well done! I refrained from voting for the lowest combined improvement in Arccos. Why? Because I already have it! It is as awesome tool for your golfbag. Currently I am having issues with the iWatch interface as my last four rounds have locked up at hole #14 for some reason. However, the basic Arccos is terrific. Congrats to maxentropy, you will enjoy the benefits. BTW, way to go robertson153, you won the last competition.

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).