Jump to content
GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Recommended Posts

Nice wrap up Bucky and I’d also like to throw in a thank you to Studque for holding this all together for 8 weeks.

So Bucky you are the one guy I thought,based on your initial feedback, that was ready to drop the Cobra irons first chance you got. Are they staying in the bag or are you going back to your old setup?


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Nice wrap up Bucky and I’d also like to throw in a thank you to Studque for holding this all together for 8 weeks.

So Bucky you are the one guy I thought,based on your initial feedback, that was ready to drop the Cobra irons first chance you got. Are they staying in the bag or are you going back to your old setup?
 

I have an iron fitting scheduled for later this week though I will not drop the F9's if I can't find a clear upgrade (mainly shot dispersion and repeatable distance).  I will also make a point to try out the Cobra Forged Tec irons so even if I switch I may stay in the family.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

I have an iron fitting scheduled for later this week though I will not drop the F9's if I can't find a clear upgrade (mainly shot dispersion and repeatable distance).  I will also make a point to try out the Cobra Forged Tec irons so even if I switch I may stay in the family.

Mmmm forged tec are soooo pretty

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of feel like we have been playing together all summer and someone just lost our ball so we all have to go home.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should really post my wrap up but I don't want to and you can't make me

giphy.gif

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one post so far today?  Are you people trying to make me do my actual job and not spend all day in this thread?  After 8+ weeks I'm not sure I know how to do that anymore.

This is a sad day.

feel.jpg.8f8f652fabd8f3d8ed4dfdce496d9688.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Only one post so far today?  Are you people trying to make me do my actual job and not spend all day in this thread?  After 8+ weeks I'm not sure I know how to do that anymore.

This is a sad day.

feel.jpg.8f8f652fabd8f3d8ed4dfdce496d9688.jpg

You and me both.  This has been me the last few days:
Image result for what am i going to do now gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

This is all of us waiting anxiously, hoping the thread will start back again.  😥

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many Sandlot GIFS can there possibly be


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

How many Sandlot GIFS can there possibly be emoji23.png


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Image result for sandlot heroes get remembered gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

How many Sandlot GIFS can there possibly be emoji23.png


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say I know a guy who was interested in purchasing a set of Cobra wedges. Would the versatile grind suffice for average to soft conditions, including wet conditions? This guy takes mostly shallow divots, miss is more thin than fat, and will use the 52 degree for full shots, while the 56 degree will be for mostly touch and feel shots, flighting up/down, including chipping and pitching around the green.

Or would the widelow grind be better for the 56 degree?

Should have asked this during wedge week, but this guy is now in the market. 😃

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, edingc said:

Say I know a guy who was interested in purchasing a set of Cobra wedges. Would the versatile grind suffice for average to soft conditions, including wet conditions? This guy takes mostly shallow divots, miss is more thin than fat, and will use the 52 degree for full shots, while the 56 degree will be for mostly touch and feel shots, flighting up/down, including chipping and pitching around the green.

Or would the widelow grind be better for the 56 degree?

Should have asked this during wedge week, but this guy is now in the market. 😃

I'm also a shallow divot taker who misses more thin than fat.  I had an issue blading the versatile grind Cobra wedges when I first got them but after 8+ weeks of the challenge I'm hitting them as good as or better than any of my previous wedges (including Vokeys).

If "the guy" can't get fitted to find the best option I'm sure he would do just fine with the Cobra versatile grind option.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I'm also a shallow divot taker who misses more thin than fat.  I had an issue blading the versatile grind Cobra wedges when I first got them but after 8+ weeks of the challenge I'm hitting them as good as or better than any of my previous wedges (including Vokeys).

If "the guy" can't get fitted to find the best option I'm sure he would do just fine with the Cobra versatile grind option.

Thanks. Good feedback to know. Temptations, temptations.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...