GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

35 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Ummm the first set of clubs I received may or may not have been right handed. It was all sorted within 24 hours and I received the correct clubs 5 days later 😁😎 Rachel was amazing 😍

So what you're saying is you get another week of Cobra Connect Challenge because you had to start a week later than everyone else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So what you're saying is you get another week of Cobra Connect Challenge because you had to start a week later than everyone else?

He should be playing right handed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Nope. Stud, being the genius he is, got me to order my clubs about a week and a half before everyone else so I got mine about the same time as the rest 😁

• Like 3
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Ummm the first set of clubs I received may or may not have been right handed. It was all sorted within 24 hours and I received the correct clubs 5 days later 😁😎 Rachel was amazing 😍

I was waiting for you to bring this up. Kudos for setting it aside. 

How'd the righty like the oopsie set? You may not be able to haka but I think we'd all love to see a catwalk strut. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

He should be playing right handed anyway.

You are correct, everything else I do is right handed. So if my father hadn't given me his old clubs I would have ended up right handed 🤪😁

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I was waiting for you to bring this up. Kudos for setting it aside. 

How'd the righty like the oopsie set? You may not be able to haka but I think we'd all love to see a catwalk strut. 

He loves them and used them the first weekend he had them to win a Matchplay game that helped our team win the final

IMG_20190808_094201.jpg

IMG_20190808_094207.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@bardle - I couldn't help but notice your putting handicap was the biggest single improvement. Any thoughts on why? Better approach/chipping proximity? 

• Like 1

[mention=80481]bardle[/mention] - I couldn't help but notice your putting handicap was the biggest single improvement. Any thoughts on why? Better approach/chipping proximity? 

It’s the putter his wife and I got him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/6/2019 at 5:07 AM, MaxEntropy said:

Awesome! Can't wait to see if @Nunfa0 is correct in his assessment of Shotscope vs Arccos. 

I forgot to say congrats on the win and I can't wait to see what you think 😁😎

• Like 4

On 8/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, robertson153 said:

I’m gonna make a separate post for this. As you know we had to use caddie for every shot. We could play as many rounds as we wanted to. If we disagreed with caddie we could hit whatever club we choose, with a 1/3 stroke penalty for every time. I disagreed 6 times, and shot my all time low, beating my old record by 1 shot. Gross score was a 75, net was 77 after six 1/3 disagreements. At least 3 of the strokes were because caddie was telling me to hit 4 iron on 140-145 yard shots emoji23.png. Rating of 71.10 and slope of 129.

Brilliant round @robertson153, congrats on the win for the caddie week. Would have said this soon but I was feeling too emotional about the end of our contest 😭😁😎

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Wedgie said:

It’s the putter his wife and I got him.

14 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@bardle - I couldn't help but notice your putting handicap was the biggest single improvement. Any thoughts on why? Better approach/chipping proximity? 

New putter. My previous putter was a top flite with not much forgiveness. I switched to the mallet I have now and it helped a ton. 

On top of that. The new club I joined in February has insanely fast greens compared to what I was used too. So I chalk some of that improvement up to just getting used to those greens and being able to read them better throughout the summer. 

My chipping is still pretty pitiful but GIR proximity has definitely gotten better so there is that as well. 

EDIT: So many typos, sorry guys, I corrected them. Was typing this response as I pulled out of the garage last night and never looked at it again until this morning. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, bardle said:

New putter. My previous putter was a top flite with not much forgiveness. I switched to the mallet I have now and it helped a ton. 

On top of that. The new club I joined in February has insanely fast greens compared to hear I was used too. So I chalk some of that improvement up to just getting used to those greens and being able to read them better throughout the summer. 

My chipping is still pretty pitiful but for proximity has definitely gotten better so there is that as well. 

Just remind me, what was the putter you got?

28 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Just remind me, what was the putter you got?

Its in my signature, but Ping Sigma G Tyne. Last years model actually as it rolled better for me. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bardle said:

Its in my signature, but Ping Sigma G Tyne. Last years model actually as it rolled better for me. 

Ah nice, I spend too much time looking at this on my phone and it doesn't show the signatures 🥺😁

• Like 3

Just realized my round this afternoon will be the first round in 132 days that is not part of, or in preparation for, the Cobra Connect Challenge.  We were first notified of our selection on March 29th of this year.  Hard to believe it's been more than 4 months already.

522926670_kermitccc3.png.4cf01cf1a33b77f9c0a5b8385027d553.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Just realized my round this afternoon will be the first round in 132 days that is not part of, or in preparation for, the Cobra Connect Challenge.  We were first notified of our selection on March 29th of this year.  Hard to believe it's been more than 4 months already.

522926670_kermitccc3.png.4cf01cf1a33b77f9c0a5b8385027d553.png

I know what you mean, but remember this. We are now part of a privileged few, a fellowship if you will. Yes we feel a little lost now but there will always be updates to post, questions to answer and other threads to enjoy. 

Besides I can now get back to being relaxed on the course cause I don't have to think about beating Bucky all the time 🤣😁😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I know what you mean, but remember this. We are now part of a privileged few, a fellowship if you will. Yes we feel a little lost now but there will always be updates to post, questions to answer and other threads to enjoy. 

Besides I can now get back to being relaxed on the course cause I don't have to think about beating Bucky all the time 🤣😁😎

That is very true.  I may try to play today's round without using Arccos just to see what it's like.  It's going to be strange to have a round without a specific weekly challenge to meet.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

That is very true.  I may try to play today's round without using Arccos just to see what it's like.  It's going to be strange to have a round without a specific weekly challenge to meet.

I'm looking forward to playing on the course without the threat of being beat by anyone else. #cabooselife

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It ended up costing me points but I played several rounds without Arccos. If I had a money game on the line, I couldn’t concentrate with me phone in my pocket, always checking to see if it recorded the shot or not. I would always make sure I had a couple of rounds in that week for whatever challenge we had, after that, I may or may not use Arccos. Bad thing is, I shot my best round ever using caddie for every shot , all but 6 of them.

• Like 6

Congrats guys you have All done an amazing job. Cobra and Arccos should be proud.

• Like 3