Jump to content
GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Recommended Posts

just a small update on my driver issues fellas, as you all know the F9 for me was soooo low it was making me look at other drivers, however, with all golf issues it's the Indian not the arrow. Sorted out my swing and the F9 has been beautiful the last 2 rounds, long and a good height with a great sound. I've also switched to the chromesoft and z star and I swear I'm getting an extra 10 yards over my Titleist 910D3.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not related to this thread that much, but it seems somewhat appropriate to put it here since I won the shirt during last year's challenge (thanks to Stud's dog).

20190810_141834.thumb.jpg.1a315003a6d5a128cdfae5c9cf65e431.jpg

I was leery when I got the shirt - me and white shirts do not mix. I've had sunblock ring-around-the-collar stains, coffee, spaghetti, hamburger grease, and the whole back got a stain from an old wicker rocker on my aunt's deck. A little shout or soaking in oxyclean and it still looks almost new and I wear it a lot. Kudos to Puma for making a shirt for slobs that is easy to care for! 

Congrats to all the competitors and @JohnSmalls for a job well done! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Great challenge guys. Thank you for your hard work and the 2 months of reviews. Congrats @Bucky CC on the win. Well deserved, you crushed it. 

Thanks guys for your kind words as well. Thanks @GolfSpy STUDque and the mods. Not sure I’m deserving, but I am very thankful.  Can’t wait to see what the F9 can do! 

Nice thing is we'll all be able to see since it has Arccos!!

Good job @JohnSmalls .... You earned it 💪

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Bucky and the others on a fun challenge to follow. Also congrats to JohnSmalls. Now if you’d get the D7 thread rolling I can harass you there.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Congrats to Bucky and the others on a fun challenge to follow. Also congrats to JohnSmalls. Now if you’d get the D7 thread rolling I can harass you there.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

In due time @Wedgie!  I was hoping we would get to have some cheerful banter going in that thread.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

 


Wow. Thank you thank you thank you! I would write more but I’m at the course right now preparing for a round.

I guess now we all know Bucky CC stands for Bucky Cobra Champion (sorry, I had to).

 

@Bucky CC you were brilliant throughout the entire challenge and fully deserve the win. 👏👏👏🏌️🥇🏆

To the rest of the guys thanks again for the banter, encouragement and competition, you are all awesome 😁.

@JohnSmalls woooo well done buddy, you deserve it and you will love the driver 😁👏

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Robertson153 for taking the leap at the end......and garnering 3rd Place! Hoping to meet up with you in the near future, maybe next trip to Lex.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Congrats Robertson153 for taking the leap at the end......and garnering 3rd Place! Hoping to meet up with you in the near future, maybe next trip to Lex.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Looking forward to it. I’ll be there in a couple of weeks. It’s a work trip, maybe time for some golf, maybe not. Anytime you’re in the bluegrass, shoot me a message.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working from the mobile app, so forgive me, but did we get a total for the combined handicap change?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Working from the mobile app, so forgive me, but did we get a total for the combined handicap change?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


It ended up being a 14 stroke improvement.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow you guys did a great Job. Congrats to @Bucky CC, well played all summer.

@robertson153, I read your final thoughts and felt the same way as you. It is way more than get new clubs and play.. you guys all put a lot into it and it shows.. @Nunfa0, your in NZ so you playing left handed is the same as the rest Playing Rt above the equator.. LOL well played..

It has been a pleasure following along..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My club championship tournament is this weekend.  I'll be in the Championship flight, which is lowest 8 handicaps (plus anyone else that wants to challenge themselves) playing from the tips with no handicap.  They also get the greens rolling at their fastest of the year and put the pins in some ridiculous places.

We used to have a couple of scratch golfers at our public course but now I think the lowest is a 3.1.  The Cobra Challenge has helped me get down to a 5.0 trend so I should have a chance if I play well.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

My club championship tournament is this weekend.  I'll be in the Championship flight, which is lowest 8 handicaps (plus anyone else that wants to challenge themselves) playing from the tips with no handicap.  They also get the greens rolling at their fastest of the year and put the pins in some ridiculous places.

We used to have a couple of scratch golfers at our public course but now I think the lowest is a 3.1.  The Cobra Challenge has helped me get down to a 5.0 trend so I should have a chance if I play well.

Are you going with the full Cobra setup or mixing it up a bit?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Are you going with the full Cobra setup or mixing it up a bit?

I'm not 100% sure yet.  I've been testing a lot of irons out there and currently have a demo set of Mizuno 919 Forged irons in the bag.  I shot a 44 over 9 holes with them last Thursday (not good) but came back with a 76 on Saturday.

I have a practice round from the tips scheduled for tomorrow and will make a decision after that.  There's definitely a comfort level with the F9's knowing all of my distances thanks to the 20+ Arccos rounds during the CCC3.

If I do switch anything out it will only be the 5-PW.  All of the other Cobra clubs are keepers.  👍

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My club championship tournament is this weekend.  I'll be in the Championship flight, which is lowest 8 handicaps (plus anyone else that wants to challenge themselves) playing from the tips with no handicap.  They also get the greens rolling at their fastest of the year and put the pins in some ridiculous places.
We used to have a couple of scratch golfers at our public course but now I think the lowest is a 3.1.  The Cobra Challenge has helped me get down to a 5.0 trend so I should have a chance if I play well.

My club tournament is also this weekend. I will be playing 100% Cobra F9s. I’ve gotten so comfortable with them I don’t see me changing to anything in the near future. We have several hovering around scratch, with 3 guys on the + side, my 10.9 will put me in the front of the 2nd flight. Good luck to you sir.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, robertson153 said:


My club tournament is also this weekend. I will be playing 100% Cobra F9s. I’ve gotten so comfortable with them I don’t see me changing to anything in the near future. We have several hovering around scratch, with 3 guys on the + side, my 10.9 will put me in the front of the 2nd flight. Good luck to you sir.

And to you as well.  Just pretend it's week 2, 6, or 8 of the CCC3 challenge and you'll finish on top for sure.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but the replacement irons may need to stay in the bag for me.  Today I played the back tees from my course in preparation for the club championship this weekend.  The round went extremely well and shot a rock solid 75 from the back tees (around 6700 yards) at my home course.  I love my Cobra driver, fairway, hybrids, and wedges, but I think I'm sold on the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged irons.

With today's 75 I also am trending to my lowest handicap ever; down to a 4.6.  90% of the credit goes to the amazing Cobra lineup with a special shout out to Evnroll putters and Mizuno irons.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I'm sorry but the replacement irons may need to stay in the bag for me.  Today I played the back tees from my course in preparation for the club championship this weekend.  The round went extremely well and shot a rock solid 75 from the back tees (around 6700 yards) at my home course.  I love my Cobra driver, fairway, hybrids, and wedges, but I think I'm sold on the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged irons.

With today's 75 I also am trending to my lowest handicap ever; down to a 4.6.  90% of the credit goes to the amazing Cobra lineup with a special shout out to Evnroll putters and Mizuno irons.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc2dda4e1dfbdb44803c

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...