Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry but the replacement irons may need to stay in the bag for me.  Today I played the back tees from my course in preparation for the club championship this weekend.  The round went extremely well and shot a rock solid 75 from the back tees (around 6700 yards) at my home course.  I love my Cobra driver, fairway, hybrids, and wedges, but I think I'm sold on the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged irons.
With today's 75 I also am trending to my lowest handicap ever; down to a 4.6.  90% of the credit goes to the amazing Cobra lineup with a special shout out to Evnroll putters and Mizuno irons.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!


What’s the main difference for you with the irons? I’m curious because I’ve been having driver issues with the F9 and went back to my Rogue yesterday.

That could be all mental on my end, so I’m wondering what’s the benefit you’re seeing with the Mizunos over the Cobras.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, palvord said:

What’s the main difference for you with the irons? I’m curious because I’ve been having driver issues with the F9 and went back to my Rogue yesterday.

That could be all mental on my end, so I’m wondering what’s the benefit you’re seeing with the Mizunos over the Cobras.

 

It is still very early with them but the main two so far are better distance control and accuracy.  They are a few yards shorter than the F9's but I haven't experienced any rockets that go much farther than I wanted like the Cobras.  They're also quite a bit nicer to look at with the thinner topline and cavity back that you can't see standing over the ball.

It's a combination of performance in a tighter dispersion/shot area plus personal preference in the smaller club head.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

It is still very early with them but the main two so far are better distance control and accuracy.  They are a few yards shorter than the F9's but I haven't experienced any rockets that go much farther than I wanted like the Cobras.  They're also quite a bit nicer to look at with the thinner topline and cavity back that you can't see standing over the ball.

It's a combination of performance in a tighter dispersion/shot area plus personal preference in the smaller club head.

I didn't think the F9s would suit you, did you try the Cobra forged tecs?

It's funny but I have gotten better distance control from the F9s than my Hotmetals. It will be interesting to see how they go in the summer but I'm confident that they will stay consistent.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I didn't think the F9s would suit you, did you try the Cobra forged tecs?

It's funny but I have gotten better distance control from the F9s than my Hotmetals. It will be interesting to see how they go in the summer but I'm confident that they will stay consistent.

I tried Cobra Forged Tec, Callaway Apex/Apex Pro, TaylorMade P760, Ping i500 & i210, Srixon Z585/785, Titleist AP2, Mizuno 919 Forged, Hot Metal, and Hot Metal Pro.  Some of those I only hit three shots with and immediately set them down because I knew they were not right for me.  In the end the top 3 were:

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged
Callaway Apex Pro
Cobra Forged Tec

The Mizuno's weren't the longest of the bunch but the combination of shot dispersion, forgiveness, spin, launch angle, peak height, etc made it a clear winner.  The winning shaft was the KBS Tour stiff.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My one regret when I bought the Hotmetals was not trying the Forged. I do love the feel of the F9s when you absolutely flush one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round one of my club championship is in the books.  I had two penalty shots off the tee and made zero birdies during the round.  Everything else was nearly perfect and I ended up with a 76 to put me in 2nd place; one shot behind the leader.

The final round is tomorrow morning.  I'll check back in with the good news or the tears of sorrow sometime after the round.

IMG_1134.PNG.80f6a37ec3c9251e07567aeef728d9fb.PNG

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Round one of my club championship is in the books.  I had two penalty shots off the tee and made zero birdies during the round.  Everything else was nearly perfect and I ended up with a 76 to put me in 2nd place; one shot behind the leader.
The final round is tomorrow morning.  I'll check back in with the good news or the tears of sorrow sometime after the round.
IMG_1134.PNG.80f6a37ec3c9251e07567aeef728d9fb.PNG


Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get on here and have great news for us!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's final round of my club championship was cancelled.  We started off with a 2 hour rain delay but they decided to make it a one day tournament after heavy rains made the course unplayable.  My score of 76 stands as the 2nd best out of 30 people.  Unfortunately the one person with a better score was also in my flight.

2nd-place-loser.jpg.12293b10ab929a6679b188b80be62ea5.jpg

I should be happy with 2nd but I can't help but feel dissapointed that I didn't even have the chance to try and catch the leader.  Oh well.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round one of my club championship played yesterday. Very mediocre 82. Hit 2 tee shots OB. Good news is 81 is leading my flight so I’m feeling good about my chances. I’ll update later tonight.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Nunfa0 how did you like your shorter Tour issue F9 driver?  Do you ever wish you had gone with the standard 45.5" length?

I've been struggling with accuracy off the tee and I'm debating if I want to cut down my F9 an inch and order the heavier Cobra weights to keep the swing weight the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Hey @Nunfa0 how did you like your shorter Tour issue F9 driver?  Do you ever wish you had gone with the standard 45.5" length?

I've been struggling with accuracy off the tee and I'm debating if I want to cut down my F9 an inch and order the heavier Cobra weights to keep the swing weight the same.

I love the shorter length driver. I don't think I will ever go back to full length. Yes you can hit the long ones further but the loss of accuracy is to big to compensate 😁😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on my tournament. Started off very steady with 4 straight pars, ended up shooting a smooth 37 on the front 9, two bogeys and one birdie. On the back 9, the wheels came off and I mean off. Ended up shooting an 83, after a 37 start I was disgusted. Took me out of the money by 1 stroke, one stupid stroke. And I forgot to mention my match play tournament starts tomorrow. My first opponent has the same handicap, so don’t have to give any shots. I’ll let you guys know how that goes tomorrow night.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Today's final round of my club championship was cancelled.  We started off with a 2 hour rain delay but they decided to make it a one day tournament after heavy rains made the course unplayable.  My score of 76 stands as the 2nd best out of 30 people.  Unfortunately the one person with a better score was also in my flight.

2nd-place-loser.jpg.12293b10ab929a6679b188b80be62ea5.jpg

I should be happy with 2nd but I can't help but feel dissapointed that I didn't even have the chance to try and catch the leader.  Oh well.

Now you know how I feel...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I love the shorter length driver. I don't think I will ever go back to full length. Yes you can hit the long ones further but the loss of accuracy is to big to compensate 😁😎

you have the same shaft I got, was it cut down or did you have it cut? what length?

I'm struggling with mine, only 2 good outings with it and now back to all over the place! Yes it's probably me but confidence is low, again.🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

you have the same shaft I got, was it cut down or did you have it cut? what length?

I'm struggling with mine, only 2 good outings with it and now back to all over the place! Yes it's probably me but confidence is low, again.🙄

I ordered the tour length at 44.5". You should talk to the place you bought it from, they should be able to help

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

I ordered the tour length at 44.5". You should talk to the place you bought it from, they should be able to help

thats only 0.75" less than stock, I might try gripping down an inch for awhile and see how that goes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Look what arrived yesterday!  I almost bought the exact same pair of shoes about a month ago but held off in the hopes that I would finish near the top and get lucky with the Cobra/Puma prize.  All of these look fantastic; they really 'blue' my mind with the choices.

IMG_1137.JPG.ccabc2c132ca3239913f42b943063432.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG.53c364bc2367984f4ae10373ece86a2c.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG.1e22b09f36473699d18aa299bb6bb6ff.JPG

Admit it, that was a pretty good dad pun.

 

WHOA those are nice!  Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 2:44 PM, Wedgie said:

Congrats to Bucky and the others on a fun challenge to follow. Also congrats to JohnSmalls. Now if you’d get the D7 thread rolling I can harass you there.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Your harassment may begin.  I welcome all of you Cobra Connect guys to join in the fun...I mean I did get to harass you guys for the past 2-3 months!

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Look what arrived yesterday!  I almost bought the exact same pair of shoes about a month ago but held off in the hopes that I would finish near the top and get lucky with the Cobra/Puma prize.  All of these look fantastic; they really 'blue' my mind with the choices.

IMG_1137.JPG.ccabc2c132ca3239913f42b943063432.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG.53c364bc2367984f4ae10373ece86a2c.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG.1e22b09f36473699d18aa299bb6bb6ff.JPG

Admit it, that was a pretty good dad pun.

 

Congrats mate, it's a very well deserved prize. I look forward to seeing the trophy 😁😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...