txgolfjunkie

Park City, Utah...and surrounding area

I'm traveling with family up to Park City at the end of this month and need some course recommendations. My sister/brother-in-law owns a condo in PC and the last time I went up to visit, he had me shelling out a large chunk of money to play some of the private courses (Promontory, etc) and I can't be doing that with the wife in tow. I've seen a couple folks from the SLC area post on this board but curious to see if anyone has found some tracks up in the mountains. 

Soldier Hollow (36 holes) is an easy drive down into the Heber Valley from PC and is a must play in my opinion. They’ve hosted some big amateur events.

Wasatch Mountain and Crater Springs are also really fun, nearby and reasonably priced.

If you don’t mind driving a little past SLC one day, Mount Ogden GC is one the quirkiest tracks I’ve ever played. The first time I played it, we immediately headed back out for another loop because it was so fun.

I’ll go through the yardage book collection and see if I can dig up a few more gems for ya.

• Like 3

I will second Soldier Hollow.

I have heard the Canyons is another quirky one.  Its built right around the ski resorts and has some pretty wild elevation changes.  Some of the holes I have seen look like they go back and forth on terraces cut into the side of the mountain.

Mountain Dell won't break the bank and is close in Parley's Canyon.  It might not be hosting the US Open soon, but is an interesting course.  Don't plan on walking unless you run a half marathon every morning.

There are quite a few great courses 30mins away in the valley.  Most will be <$50 with a cart. I have the Utah Golf Association passbook that has discounts at many places.  If you are going to play during the week, there are plenty of good deals using that.  Let me know the dates you plan to play and I can look into what is available with the book.

• Like 1