TESTERS WANTED! ×

Been looking through his YouTube videos and the results are amazing. Looking forward to his new website launch. Anyone else out there a disciple of George and if so curious about your journey with his philosophies.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Not a disciple but like watching his Instagram and YouTube every so often.  Outside of a couple things he teaches a lot of similar concepts as other instructors 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’m headed out to LA to take two lessons from him in a few months.  I’m not expecting him to work miracles, I just want to feel what he’s talking about and hear his teaching cues in person.  It’s definitely not like me to do something like this, but I’m absolutely pumped.  I’ll report back afterwards if interested.  I’m also excited to see his new website. 

MP20 MMC

I’m headed out to LA to take two lessons from him in a few months.  I’m not expecting him to work miracles, I just want to feel what he’s talking about and hear his teaching cues in person.  It’s definitely not like me to do something like this, but I’m absolutely pumped.  I’ll report back afterwards if interested.  I’m also excited to see his new website. 

Really interested to hear how it goes. I am looking forward to the website and am an early subscriber. I hope it launches soon.

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

On 6/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, Njb3 said:

If you dont mind me asking, how much does Gankas charge?

On 6/20/2019 at 10:16 AM, Max21 said:

$400/hour.  With Matthew Wolff making his pro debut at travelers and George’s massive social media presence as well as the insane amount of press he’s been getting this week I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes up.  However, they are very quick to respond on his website, so if you have any questions that’s a great place to start.

Edited by Njb3
Grammar

MP20 MMC

On 6/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, Max21 said:

22 minutes ago, Njb3 said:

$400/hour. 

You're having a Giraffe 😮

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

25 minutes ago, Njb3 said:

$400/hour.  With Matthew Wolff making his pro debut at travelers and George’s massive social media presence as well as the insane amount of press he’s been getting this week I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes up.  However, they are very quick to respond on his website, so if you have any questions that’s a great place to start.

While I wouldnt be surprised if they went up but I doubt Matt’s debut and success he may have will change since GG has other pros on tours and Sung Kang who ha been one of his students for a while won the Byron Nelson. Iirc he’s also workin with Danny Lee

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

25 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

While I wouldnt be surprised if they went up but I doubt Matt’s debut and success he may have will change since GG has other pros on tours and Sung Kang who ha been one of his students for a while won the Byron Nelson. Iirc he’s also workin with Danny Lee

That’s true.  When Kang won they talked about Gankas quite a bit then as well.  As yes, you’re right, he works with Danny lee.  Also, he’s been working with Harrington.

MP20 MMC

On 6/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, chaseclelland said:

Been looking through his YouTube videos and the results are amazing. Looking forward to his new website launch. Anyone else out there a disciple of George and if so curious about your journey with his philosophies.

I knew his name, but never read or watched anything about him, how he teaches, etc., but the recently released NLU Tourist Sauce episode wherein the guys got to meet up and receive some help from George was eye opening. He's got a good energy and I like the way he explains things and has fun with people. Definitely interested and seeing more from him!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 3 weeks later...

I like his communication style and quick fire delivery.

I've never really 'got' his weird leg movement he teaches in the downswing. I don't see any of his pupils or pro's doing this in the actual swing, or is it more of a 'feeling' to promote a better turn.

I think he would be great to get a lesson from as he challenges a few of the accepted styles out there, but at these prices I'll just watch the occasional youtube video

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I've never really 'got' his weird leg movement he teaches in the downswing. I don't see any of his pupils or pro's doing this in the actual swing, or is it more of a 'feeling' to promote a better turn.

I think he would be great to get a lesson from as he challenges a few of the accepted styles out there, but at these prices I'll just watch the occasional youtube video

The best thing ingrain a specific move into the golf swing is grossly exaggerate the move in practice. This helps create the feeling of the turn.  Your legs and hips are creating those forces, just not to the degree in the exaggerated practice moves

His players absolutely do his leg work as did some of the best in golf like Snead and hogan. The swing moves faster than the eye can see all the subtleties of the leg work. Of course as mentioned before the practice is an exaggeration of the final product but that is to engrain movement patterns. The more you watch and understand his method the more you will appreciate the concepts and actually how “traditional” they really are. They are built for speed and consistency. 

Edited by chaseclelland

Update.....his new website goes live the end of the month. I’ve heard it will be $49 per month. 

8 minutes ago, chaseclelland said:

Update.....his new website goes live the end of the month. I’ve heard it will be $49 per month. 

Nothing to hear, it's up and you can see details. $49 a month or $499 for the year (saves $90 off monthly payments) 

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

It's definitely to promote a feel and exaggerate how the legs should be working in the downswing. He gave a great example in the NLU episode I mentioned before where he pretended as though there was something on the ground behind him and he had to jump and do a 180-degree turn in the air to get over it. I thought it was a good illustration and I've done a similar exercise on my own prior to seeing him do it in order to help me use the legs more effectively.

Edited by TR1PTIK

1 hour ago, chaseclelland said:

His players absolutely do his leg work as did some of the best in golf like Snead and hogan. The swing moves faster than the eye can see all the subtleties of the leg work. Of course as mentioned before the practice is an exaggeration of the final product but that is to engrain movement patterns. The more you watch and understand his method the more you will appreciate the concepts and actually how “traditional” they really are. They are built for speed and consistency. 

with slo mo you see every detail

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Not only do they do it other coaches teach similar knee separation. The practice swings you see on his ig posts are over exaggerations of the movements to force the body to learn/memorize them. 

really good segments with him and Chris Como from the second to last episode of Como concepts 

George is light years ahead of all the other online golf instructors.They are getting lapped actually.I purchased some videos from an online instructor from golf works last week called drive for dough.The videos were just gawd awful.My gift for myself will be joining Gankas new website.He has the results and is in huge demand.The rest of these guys are a real disgrace 

Keep it in the short stuff

We have a member that actually went for a few one and ones with Mr Gankas.The lessons really ramped up his already solid game.Online is great.But what I heard, in person is the way to go with this teacher.And agree with the above poster.The other online instructors can’t compete with this guy.Some say they teach PGA. Tour pros.But oddly they are teaching the ones who are never a factor in tour events.This guy teaches proven winners on all fronts of golf.From top juniors all the way to winners on the big stage.These other online teaches really better amp up their games

Edited by Big money

1 hour ago, Twofer said:

We have a member that actually went for a few one and ones with Mr Gankas.The lessons really ramped up his already solid game.Online is great.But what I heard, in person is the way to go with this teacher.And agree with the above poster.The other online instructors can’t compete with this guy.Some say they teach PGA. Tour pros.But oddly they are teaching the ones who are never a factor in tour events.This guy teaches proven winners on all fronts of golf.From top juniors all the way to winners on the big stage.These other online teaches really better amp up their games

Just out of interest, who does he coach that's won on the big stage? apart from Wolfe

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Just out of interest, who does he coach that's won on the big stage? apart from Wolfe

Padraig Harrington is probably the "biggest" name in his current stable, but he hasn't won on tour in quite some time. His best finish on the PGA Tour this year is T12 at the AT&T Byron Nelson with A LOT of missed cuts in other tournaments. He still does okay on the European Tour through. He also worked briefly with Adam Scott in 2018, but Scott went back to his old coach because Gankas doesn't make it a habit to travel.

1 hour ago, Edveed said:

George is light years ahead of all the other online golf instructors.They are getting lapped actually.I purchased some videos from an online instructor from golf works last week called drive for dough.The videos were just gawd awful.My gift for myself will be joining Gankas new website.He has the results and is in huge demand.The rest of these guys are a real disgrace 

I wouldn’t say he is light years ahead. His online business model is social media posts and workin with his students and his prices for online lessons is designed to not have many online clients. His YouTube and Instagram stuff isn’t what many consider instructional.

From what I understand he sends a bunch of “pics” with positions and explains the positions and not really diving into much more.

athletic motion golf charges less and offers more in depth analysis and drills for their online clients and roughly 1/2 the cost. Their YouTube channel and member site is more in depth than GG. There are many other exceptional online instructors like Dan Carraher, Monty Schleibaum (spelling maybe off) that are as good or better than GG in what they offer online 

i like GG and he has an impressive stable of amateur golfers.

36 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There are many other exceptional online instructors like Dan Carraher, Monty Schleibaum (spelling maybe off) that are as good or better than GG in what they offer online 

In the big scope of things the Dan and Monty are a bunch of nobodies compared to George.Online golf is such a small niche of less than 1% of people who actually play golf.Im going with a guy that makes a presence by the players he teaches that compete on the big stage.Either the junior - collegiate or the tours is where he is known.Not a online forum that people maybe visit once in their lives or maybe even never by the majority 

58 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I wouldn’t say he is light years ahead. His online business model is social media posts and workin with his students and his prices for online lessons is designed to not have many online clients. His YouTube and Instagram stuff isn’t what many consider instructional.

From what I understand he sends a bunch of “pics” with positions and explains the positions and not really diving into much more.

athletic motion golf charges less and offers more in depth analysis and drills for their online clients and roughly 1/2 the cost. Their YouTube channel and member site is more in depth than GG. There are many other exceptional online instructors like Dan Carraher, Monty Schleibaum (spelling maybe off) that are as good or better than GG in what they offer online 

i like GG and he has an impressive stable of amateur golfers.

I agree.

What makes Gankas unique is his ability relay the information in such a way that a lot of golfers just "get it". Not to imply that other instructors don't, but he is the first I've personally seen and heard that just simply speaks my language.

21 minutes ago, Edveed said:

In the big scope of things the Dan and Monty are a bunch of nobodies compared to George.Online golf is such a small niche of less than 1% of people who actually play golf.Im going with a guy that makes a presence by the players he teaches that compete on the big stage.Either the junior - collegiate or the tours is where he is known.Not a online forum that people maybe visit once in their lives or maybe even never by the majority 

There are plenty of great instructors who work with golfers competing on the "big stage" that you've likely never heard of. How many golfers ever heard of or acknowledged Gankas prior to Matt Wolff at the WMPO???

45 minutes ago, Edveed said:

A very honest post.

55 minutes ago, Edveed said:

Dan is a top 50 coach and coaches players on several pro tours one of which is Julian Suri, and also has multiple high level amateurs.

GG is very good at what he does and has a different take on the swing but lots of his principles are the same as others he just offers different method to achieve the results. 

57 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Dan is a top 50 coach and coaches players on several pro tours one of which is Julian Suri, and also has multiple high level amateurs.

GG is very good at what he does and has a different take on the swing but lots of his principles are the same as others he just offers different method to achieve the results. 

Forgive me. But who in the world is Julian Suri?