TESTERS WANTED! ×

38 minutes ago, PMookie said:

So, it’s $500 to get access to videos, then the student self assesses?
Wow.
Does anyone get any direct, one-on-one, video lessons evaluating the “student’s” swing, specific responses from GG himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you want an online lesson with gg it’s $400.

instructors that have these online “classes” do t include any type of lesson in the package. Some offer member discounts for online lessons

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

So, it’s $500 to get access to videos, then the student self assesses?
Wow.
Does anyone get any direct, one-on-one, video lessons evaluating the “student’s” swing, specific responses from GG himself?

There's a community. There are assistants that are constantly answering questions. There will be a forum to upload swing videos and receive feedback 

It's not $500 for just videos 

5 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

To be more clear, I don't think the Gankas videos that you can find on YouTube are very good.  The ones I have seen are always him giving tips to some guy while talking 100 MPH and they look like they are shot with someone's iPhone.  That's an exaggeration, but I don't want to pay $500 to get that. My point is that it would be nice to see a sample of what you are buying before putting down a substantial amount of money.  Or a trial period etc.

The GGSwingtips is a channel that Gankaa used to be part of, but not now. Seems they were doing shady things like have other instructors say they were him on the website. He sued them and his current site is his own. I gather from the interview, GGSwingtips still own the rights to use the videos they filmed. And they do not advertise he is not part of them anymore

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

27 minutes ago, Rchang said:

The GGSwingtips is a channel that Gankaa used to be part of, but not now. Seems they were doing shady things like have other instructors say they were him on the website. He sued them and his current site is his own. I gather from the interview, GGSwingtips still own the rights to use the videos they filmed. And they do not advertise he is not part of them anymore

GG has a YouTube channel not associated with the ggswingtips website as well as his Instagram. That’s usually what most refer to when talking about his videos 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

There's a community. There are assistants that are constantly answering questions. There will be a forum to upload swing videos and receive feedback 
It's not $500 for just videos 

So there’s no submission of videos to him, then a filmed lesson from him to the student in-return?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

12 minutes ago, PMookie said:

So there’s no submission of videos to him, then a filmed lesson from him to the student in-return?

Not with him alone. As someone mentioned above, this a pga tour instructor. He charges $400 for one's single online lesson. 

The program isn't for everyone, but I am really impressed with how comprehensive everything has been and how he is so detailed in his explanations 

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

He is booked everyday all day with in person lessons for several months out. To take time to do online lessons from members as well as anyone else paying for online lessons would be impossible to have time for and he’s been doing a bunch of travel with Matthew Wolff.

His online learning package isn’t designed to give access to him but to provide in depth info on what he teaches. 

I spent three days with George this May. (Three 1-hour lessons) Flew out from NY just for this. I do not do crazy things like this often. I was completely taken by the understanding and intelligence of the youtube videos. In person, he was serious, interesting, focused, friendly, and a pleasure to be with as anyone could possibly be. Not a wasted moment. Encouraging, patient, quick, really an extraordinary profound experience. It was difficult and I had to be really present, attentive. I'm 72 and a 10 handicap. I know a lot about golf after playing for so many years but for me it became real, coherent, repeatable and now only getting better as I'm able to feel more and more of what he showed. I A wonderful experience.

11 hours ago, David Wolk said:

I spent three days with George this May. (Three 1-hour lessons) Flew out from NY just for this. I do not do crazy things like this often. I was completely taken by the understanding and intelligence of the youtube videos. In person, he was serious, interesting, focused, friendly, and a pleasure to be with as anyone could possibly be. Not a wasted moment. Encouraging, patient, quick, really an extraordinary profound experience. It was difficult and I had to be really present, attentive. I'm 72 and a 10 handicap. I know a lot about golf after playing for so many years but for me it became real, coherent, repeatable and now only getting better as I'm able to feel more and more of what he showed. I A wonderful experience.

So the ultimate question.  You are 4 months out from the lessons,  has your game improved and in what way?  If you have improved,  do you think other pros could have provided the same results?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 9/18/2019 at 11:56 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

did you see an immediate improvement in strike/swing/ball flight etc etc?

not exactly, but also yes.  when i got home from LA I immediately started working on the drills I was told to work on and continued to go through the online program while emphasizing the drills Mark game me.  I literally was constantly working on stuff at home, in the kitchen, living room, backyard, mirror.  This was all in the span of a couple days.  I went out and played a round.  Topped every shot on the first three holes, not an exaggeration.  So I went home, continued to work the stuff i was told to work on.  Then shot a 78(my personal best) a few days later.  So yes, there was a very quick improvement.  My distance hasn't changed a whole lot, but my striking certainly has, and I think the distance is coming.  My flight has changed from a fade to a draw/pull.  My driver is definitely going farther, but my irons are close to the same.  A big thing Mark worked with me on was putting.  Without saying it directly he essentially said my putting was atrocious.  My putting is worlds better is just two rounds with nearly no emphasis on putting.  My main emphasis has been the swing changes right now.

TL;DR Yes, immediate changes in flight, and striking, not distance yet.  

MP20 MMC

On 9/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

How is the site? I don’t like that there are no training samples. One is expected to sign up for a year subscription for about $500 without knowing if the contents match their learning style.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Personally I love the site.  It's easy to navigate, full of information, and easy to understand.  There are playlist buttons so you can save videos you'd like to rewatch later or find helpful to you.  I feel like his brain is a bombardment of information, which I personally enjoy.  I'll often watch a video a couple times to listen to him and then to listen while really focusing on anything he may physically display, or to watch certain parts of his body at different points.  I understand it is a pretty big commitment, it's definitely not something I would usually budget for, but I like it so much I don't mind the price.

MP20 MMC

5 minutes ago, Njb3 said:

Personally I love the site.  It's easy to navigate, full of information, and easy to understand.  There are playlist buttons so you can save videos you'd like to rewatch later or find helpful to you.  I feel like his brain is a bombardment of information, which I personally enjoy.  I'll often watch a video a couple times to listen to him and then to listen while really focusing on anything he may physically display, or to watch certain parts of his body at different points.  I understand it is a pretty big commitment, it's definitely not something I would usually budget for, but I like it so much I don't mind the price.

Same here. You summed it up really well 

On 9/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

If you want an online lesson with gg it’s $400.

instructors that have these online “classes” do t include any type of lesson in the package. Some offer member discounts for online lessons

Are you sure about that being the cost for an online lesson?  That was the cost for in person when I went out there.  I’m pretty sure his online lessons are cheaper.

MP20 MMC

1 hour ago, Njb3 said:

Are you sure about that being the cost for an online lesson?  That was the cost for in person when I went out there.  I’m pretty sure his online lessons are cheaper.

That is what I read on another forum. Also his in person lesson is $500 now.  

Normally those who don’t have time to do online lessons charge a high fee to keep the number of requests down. 

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That is what I read on another forum. Also his in person lesson is $500 now.  

Normally those who don’t have time to do online lessons charge a high fee to keep the number of requests down. 

Gotcha.  Right on.  Didn’t realize it had gone up.  Thanks.

MP20 MMC

On 9/21/2019 at 10:00 AM, cnosil said:

So the ultimate question.  You are 4 months out from the lessons,  has your game improved and in what way?  If you have improved,  do you think other pros could have provided the same results?

Ok. Anything to do with golf instruction is complicated but I'll try to answer. I have had a number of teachers in the past, read books, played, etc. Like many I'm not sure what I don't understand, and know enough to know my analysis of what is happening is not necessarily correct. Working with Gankas has, for the first time in my life, given me tools and understanding I can trust. This is what I meant by using the word coherent. So many things I've incorporated into my swing previously are now seen through a much brighter light, not right or wrong, seen. The speed with which we went from one idea and posture and movement to another was not random and just kept making a new kind of sense, real sense, understanding. Is he for everyone? Obviously I have no idea. Are there other wonderful teachers, of course as George says all the time. Just a question of where you are in the swing, your own psychology, etc. I watched a lot of YouTube videos and knew I wanted to meet him. For me, it is a revelation. I'm killing my driver, freely and simply by turning, my irons finally have some force and direction. I'm a student again and working on a game I love. 

Chris Como’s swing expedition will be with GG next Monday on GC

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled my membership to the platform yesterday. 

I had asked customer if I would be able to access all of the modules/videos after a year and they said that after the year I would still need to maintain a month to month membership in order to view the material.

After learning that, said was there a reduced monthly membership for those that have already completed the curriculum and just want to use the material as refreshers and they told me it would still be $49.00 a month.

I kindly asked them to cancel my membership because I signed up without being aware that I would lose access to everything after a year unless I kept paying.

I cancelled my membership to the platform yesterday. 

I had asked customer if I would be able to access all of the modules/videos after a year and they said that after the year I would still need to maintain a month to month membership in order to view the material.
After learning that, said was there a reduced monthly membership for those that have already completed the curriculum and just want to use the material as refreshers and they told me it would still be $49.00 a month.
I kindly asked them to cancel my membership because I signed up without being aware that I would lose access to everything after a year unless I kept paying.

I suppose you could have legally downloaded the content of interest and kept it after the contract expired since you purchased that content.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

GGs new website has been very helpful to me. Not a “method” teacher. Instead, he focuses on matchups and explains why some moves are more optimal than others in his opinion.

IMO his social media stuff mischaracterizes his true teaching style. He definitely does not take a cookie cutter approach to coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Bfriedman121 said:

GGs new website has been very helpful to me. Not a “method” teacher. Instead, he focuses on matchups and explains why some moves are more optimal than others in his opinion.

IMO his social media stuff mischaracterizes his true teaching style. He definitely does not take a cookie cutter approach to coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed up and am pretty happy with the site so far.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

• 5 months later...

5 months in.  This is the best instruction I've ever taken.  It's too cold to golf live, but I feel that I have a MUCH better understanding of the swing.  And have added a lot of distance on the sim.  On first online impression, I didn't care for the whole flat bill hat thing.  Turns out that I'd love to have a beer with George. 

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

52 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I've been on the site for 5 months now.  One man's opinion: the best instruction I've ever taken.

I'll be interested in your comments when you finally do get out on the course.  Will be very interesting to see how your game progresses.  As a bogey golfer, I believe your results will be very telling.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

His course management and short game videos on Youtube are great for people new to the game or bogey golfers and above. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 3 months later...

I signed up for the GG course. Am through the setup and backswing videos. Starting on the downswing, maybe.

I like his stuff and find him charming. The videos feel very unscripted. He rambles and rambles without clear starting points and structure (despite talking relentlessly about swing structure). He talks. He has impressive knowledge. He brags about his players. He doesn’t teach. He makes statements about having covered things that I don’t think he’s talked about. 

If refunds were available, I would ask for a refund. While his style of swing intrigues me, his approach disappoints. 

Edited by oarhouse42

Taylor woods and hybrid

Miura irons and wedges

Edel putter

Lefty

• 6 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

I like his communication style and quick fire delivery.

I've never really 'got' his weird leg movement he teaches in the downswing. I don't see any of his pupils or pro's doing this in the actual swing, or is it more of a 'feeling' to promote a better turn.

I think he would be great to get a lesson from as he challenges a few of the accepted styles out there, but at these prices I'll just watch the occasional youtube video

For me it’s easier to think of it as torquing your trail foot into the ground. I feel like I stay on my back leg (like Gankas himself has to do) or I slide too much.