Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

1 hour ago, Cjross19 said:

For those who are interested in the swing changes I have from the program, here's a side by side comparison of my swing a year ago to my swing today. 

I love the coat hanger drill. So good!!! Swing looks great!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I started going back thru the course again last week reviewing the short game sections on chipping and pitching as I’m going to be getting back to adding more practice time to these areas again like I did several years back.

This weekend I started reviewing the full swing videos again with focus on setup and backswing. 

For those that may be curious about the website and what type of detail is in it.

For the full swing he has 4 sections 

foundations which goes over a lot of his terminology.

Setup, backswing and downswing.

The number of videos in each varies as does the length of each from :30 to 7+ mins.

each of those topics is broken down into sections with a series of videos in each.

Foundations has 25 videos

Setup 45

backswing 20

downswing 151

heres a few snippets of the topics in the downswing. In both the backswing and downswing he has a section going over p1-p10 both from a face on and down the line.

BFA5391A-192D-43EB-9D47-97F037E87247.jpeg

4B4389CE-7924-4229-BCAF-4F22AC078314.jpeg

8E86D8B3-43BD-46DB-9A0A-B88844B12075.jpeg

CC36DB67-BFFC-4BA7-A446-E48657CC9E0E.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

28 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I started going back thru the course again last week reviewing the short game sections on chipping and pitching as I’m going to be getting back to adding more practice time to these areas again like I did several years back.

This weekend I started reviewing the full swing videos again with focus on setup and backswing. 

For those that may be curious about the website and what type of detail is in it.

For the full swing he has 4 sections 

foundations which goes over a lot of his terminology.

Setup, backswing and downswing.

The number of videos in each varies as does the length of each from :30 to 7+ mins.

each of those topics is broken down into sections with a series of videos in each.

Foundations has 25 videos

Setup 45

backswing 20

downswing 151

heres a few snippets of the topics in the downswing. In both the backswing and downswing he has a section going over p1-p10 both from a face on and down the line.

BFA5391A-192D-43EB-9D47-97F037E87247.jpeg

4B4389CE-7924-4229-BCAF-4F22AC078314.jpeg

8E86D8B3-43BD-46DB-9A0A-B88844B12075.jpeg

CC36DB67-BFFC-4BA7-A446-E48657CC9E0E.jpeg

Rotation is what I have been working on with Monte, particularly "rotating my chest".  Very difficult for me.

Since I have been working on my swing, I have neglected a lot of the short game practice I used to do.  Got to get back on that, as well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Rotation is what I have been working on with Monte, particularly "rotating my chest".  Very difficult for me.

Since I have been working on my swing, I have neglected a lot of the short game practice I used to do.  Got to get back on that, as well.

Rotation is my big issue to it’s related to lack of depth in the backswing and arm structure. The focus of my lessons last year with one of gg’s students turned teacher was working on reducing forearm and shoulder rotation and better hip depth.

I had other priorities going on so I didn’t put much focus on practicing but going to change that this year.

A couple years ago I got away from spending time at one of the local courses that has a good practice green. Going to spend at least an hour there this year along with time working on the swing again.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

16 minutes ago, Top Hunge said:

Brandon Ray at Low Country Lessons teaches a lot of Gankas. He's located at Patriots Point in Cahrleston, SC. Great guy and teacher.

Some other instructors I’ve found that are directly coming from working under GG are Milo Lines and Henry Fall. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:45 AM, Cjross19 said:

For those who are interested in the swing changes I have from the program, here's a side by side comparison of my swing a year ago to my swing today. 

IMG_0053.MOV 47.8 MB · 6 downloads

Both before and after look pretty respectable to me, but on the after swing your lower body looks much more stable, more balanced. Anyway, glad that you're making real progress!

• 2 weeks later...

1 week down with the shallower.  

I won't go deep dive but just some quick points if anyone here wants to expound.

1) It is fantastic for putting.  Anyone who struggles to keep their arms moving congruently or fights their wrists breaking, it would certainly help.

2) There is no set forearm for RH v LH.  I swing RH but I am naturally left handed.  I've found more success with it on my left forearm than my right.  George recommends RH golfers wear it on their right forearm. I am not trying to be a rebel, it just works better for me and what I am trying to feel and see on video.

3) I've liked warming up with it on the range using wedges.  Pitches for 10-25 shots help me really create some rhythm and tempo but also set a good foundation for the bigger swings.

There will be more.  It's pretty simple but gets the job done.  I can leave it in my carry bag without sacrificing space and for a guy who isn't a big fan of training aids, GG made a product that I really enjoy.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 minutes ago, bens197 said:

1 week down with the shallower.  

I won't go deep dive but just some quick points if anyone here wants to expound.

1) It is fantastic for putting.  Anyone who struggles to keep their arms moving congruently or fights their wrists breaking, it would certainly help.

2) There is no set forearm for RH v LH.  I swing RH but I am naturally left handed.  I've found more success with it on my left forearm than my right.  George recommends RH golfers wear it on their right forearm. I am not trying to be a rebel, it just works better for me and what I am trying to feel and see on video.

3) I've liked warming up with it on the range using wedges.  Pitches for 10-25 shots help me really create some rhythm and tempo but also set a good foundation for the bigger swings.

There will be more.  It's pretty simple but gets the job done.  I can leave it in my carry bag without sacrificing space and for a guy who isn't a big fan of training aids, GG made a product that I really enjoy.

I love the simplicity as well. It’s what’s going to get me to keep using it 

Just now, jlukes said:

I love the simplicity as well. It’s what’s going to get me to keep using it 

How's your experience using this v. planemate?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

33 minutes ago, bens197 said:

How's your experience using this v. planemate?

Very similar, but the one thing I struggled with planemate is the transition. I couldn’t shallow properly. Helped with my takeaway. Helped with partial shots, but just shallow out properly with it.

I feel like this is already giving me better feedback and at the top of the backswing than the planemate did. And I don’t need a backpack to carry thing to the range!

@jlukes. @bens197 going to buy the combo g box and shallower .. figure why not get both

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

17 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

@jlukes. @bens197 going to buy the combo g box and shallower .. figure why not get both

Share your progress when you get going. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Share your progress when you get going. 

Will do 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, Cjross19 said:

IMG_0053.MOV 47.8 MB · 12 downloads

Wow that is awesome...sorry I am late to this party but do you think the membership is worth it? I have almost pulled the trigger on it 10 or more times but don't like the fact you can't cancel it you have to pay for 12 months. Thanks in advance. Your swing looks like Gankas and I imagine you are getting way more distance!!!

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

4 minutes ago, GeekingGolf said:

Wow that is awesome...sorry I am late to this party but do you think the membership is worth it? I have almost pulled the trigger on it 10 or more times but don't like the fact you can't cancel it you have to pay for 12 months. Thanks in advance. Your swing looks like Gankas and I imagine you are getting way more distance!!!

And if you don’t renew your subscription you lose access too all previous content you’ve viewed

16 minutes ago, GeekingGolf said:

The content is worth the price and even more so if you take advantage of posting pics in the forum for feedback when that option becomes available after a period of time and then swing videos when that becomes available after 45 days.

He recently added some mini series videos with more on the way. 

On 4/7/2021 at 5:15 AM, Dr Strangelove said:

The interesting thing about the guy in the Cogorno video is that he changes his left foot heel position during the swing.  He picks it up moves it towards the target and then places it back down.

I'm starting to get it by trying to emulate the Matt Wolff pre-swing squat, but at this point my hips are still moving to far forward as they turn.

I know I'm late to the convo on this, but I love Eric Cogorno, and the 2 latest videos on his channel have been a huge help to me on improving hip rotation and timing.  Sorry, I don't have the link included, but they should be easy to find if you go to his YT page.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

7 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

I know I'm late to the convo on this, but I love Eric Cogorno, and the 2 latest videos on his channel have been a huge help to me on improving hip rotation and timing.  Sorry, I don't have the link included, but they should be easy to find if you go to his YT page.

Thanks. I'll give it a look.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

On 5/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, M. Parsons said:

I think I found the video you mentioned.  It's helpful.  Thank you.  Begs another question ---- has anyone subscribed to Cogornogolf.com?  It's no cheaper than Gankas.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

12 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I think I found the video you mentioned.  It's helpful.  Thank you.  Begs another question ---- has anyone subscribed to Cogornogolf.com?  It's no cheaper than Gankas.

I have a golf buddy who has one of his memberships and likes it. He is planning to go to PA to see Eric as soon as he can get a spot.

12 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Not yet...I just watch the free videos on YT...and he does a pretty good job about responding to comments left for him on the YT videos.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

• 2 months later...

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the online course with Gankas also. How I think about it is how many lessons could you get for $500 these days from a good golf instructor? With all the info he gives you and also the fact that you can summit videos I feel its a great deal. 

I wish I could play golf more!