1 hour ago, Twofer said:

We have a member that actually went for a few one and ones with Mr Gankas.The lessons really ramped up his already solid game.Online is great.But what I heard, in person is the way to go with this teacher.And agree with the above poster.The other online instructors can’t compete with this guy.Some say they teach PGA. Tour pros.But oddly they are teaching the ones who are never a factor in tour events.This guy teaches proven winners on all fronts of golf.From top juniors all the way to winners on the big stage.These other online teaches really better amp up their games

Just out of interest, who does he coach that's won on the big stage? apart from Wolfe

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Just out of interest, who does he coach that's won on the big stage? apart from Wolfe

He's worked with Adam Scott

Padraig Harrington has been on of his students for awhile

Danny Lee and Sung Kang

A ton of top college and amateur players

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Padraig Harrington is probably the "biggest" name in his current stable, but he hasn't won on tour in quite some time. His best finish on the PGA Tour this year is T12 at the AT&T Byron Nelson with A LOT of missed cuts in other tournaments. He still does okay on the European Tour through. He also worked briefly with Adam Scott in 2018, but Scott went back to his old coach because Gankas doesn't make it a habit to travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edveed said:

George is light years ahead of all the other online golf instructors.They are getting lapped actually.I purchased some videos from an online instructor from golf works last week called drive for dough.The videos were just gawd awful.My gift for myself will be joining Gankas new website.He has the results and is in huge demand.The rest of these guys are a real disgrace 

I wouldn’t say he is light years ahead. His online business model is social media posts and workin with his students and his prices for online lessons is designed to not have many online clients. His YouTube and Instagram stuff isn’t what many consider instructional.

From what I understand he sends a bunch of “pics” with positions and explains the positions and not really diving into much more.

athletic motion golf charges less and offers more in depth analysis and drills for their online clients and roughly 1/2 the cost. Their YouTube channel and member site is more in depth than GG. There are many other exceptional online instructors like Dan Carraher, Monty Schleibaum (spelling maybe off) that are as good or better than GG in what they offer online 

i like GG and he has an impressive stable of amateur golfers.

36 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There are many other exceptional online instructors like Dan Carraher, Monty Schleibaum (spelling maybe off) that are as good or better than GG in what they offer online 

In the big scope of things the Dan and Monty are a bunch of nobodies compared to George.Online golf is such a small niche of less than 1% of people who actually play golf.Im going with a guy that makes a presence by the players he teaches that compete on the big stage.Either the junior - collegiate or the tours is where he is known.Not a online forum that people maybe visit once in their lives or maybe even never by the majority 

58 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I wouldn’t say he is light years ahead. His online business model is social media posts and workin with his students and his prices for online lessons is designed to not have many online clients. His YouTube and Instagram stuff isn’t what many consider instructional.

From what I understand he sends a bunch of “pics” with positions and explains the positions and not really diving into much more.

athletic motion golf charges less and offers more in depth analysis and drills for their online clients and roughly 1/2 the cost. Their YouTube channel and member site is more in depth than GG. There are many other exceptional online instructors like Dan Carraher, Monty Schleibaum (spelling maybe off) that are as good or better than GG in what they offer online 

i like GG and he has an impressive stable of amateur golfers.

I agree.

What makes Gankas unique is his ability relay the information in such a way that a lot of golfers just "get it". Not to imply that other instructors don't, but he is the first I've personally seen and heard that just simply speaks my language.

21 minutes ago, Edveed said:

In the big scope of things the Dan and Monty are a bunch of nobodies compared to George.Online golf is such a small niche of less than 1% of people who actually play golf.Im going with a guy that makes a presence by the players he teaches that compete on the big stage.Either the junior - collegiate or the tours is where he is known.Not a online forum that people maybe visit once in their lives or maybe even never by the majority 

There are plenty of great instructors who work with golfers competing on the "big stage" that you've likely never heard of. How many golfers ever heard of or acknowledged Gankas prior to Matt Wolff at the WMPO???

45 minutes ago, Edveed said:

A very honest post.

55 minutes ago, Edveed said:

Dan is a top 50 coach and coaches players on several pro tours one of which is Julian Suri, and also has multiple high level amateurs.

GG is very good at what he does and has a different take on the swing but lots of his principles are the same as others he just offers different method to achieve the results. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Dan is a top 50 coach and coaches players on several pro tours one of which is Julian Suri, and also has multiple high level amateurs.

GG is very good at what he does and has a different take on the swing but lots of his principles are the same as others he just offers different method to achieve the results. 

Forgive me. But who in the world is Julian Suri?

32 minutes ago, Big money said:

🦗 crickets 

he turned pro in 2013.Missed one cut this year and finished 54th in the pga championship.Some of these teaching pros credentials really make me snicker at times.Cant make this stuff up.Im outta this thread 

The wonderful thing about golf instruction is that there's a teacher and a style out there that will fit with nearly anyone and everyone. Doesn't matter if it's online or in person. People all respond differently when it comes to how they're taught and how they retain and use that info. I've bought videos and e-books from a number of online instructors, follow a bunch online, read their posts in forums, etc. Some things have worked for me, some haven't. Just like with in-person lessons. I tried one locally respected instructor who's methods had me in back spasms. I went to someone else with a completely different teaching style and things clicked almost immediately.

What doesn't work for you may work wonderfully for another person. No need to bash what you personally don't like or understand, as what doesn't click for you may be the lightbulb moment another person needs. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The wonderful thing about golf instruction is that there's a teacher and a style out there that will fit with nearly anyone and everyone. Doesn't matter if it's online or in person. People all respond differently when it comes to how they're taught and how they retain and use that info. I've bought videos and e-books from a number of online instructors, follow a bunch online, read their posts in forums, etc. Some things have worked for me, some haven't. Just like with in-person lessons. I tried one locally respected instructor who's methods had me in back spasms. I went to someone else with a completely different teaching style and things clicked almost immediately.

What doesn't work for you may work wonderfully for another person. No need to bash what you personally don't like or understand, as what doesn't click for you may be the lightbulb moment another person needs. 

Agreed 100%. Fundamentally most teachers are teaching the same baseline ideals. Rotation, compression, extension etc. with slight variations. The importance in self discovery is trying a variety of methods from as many resources as you can. You end up understanding the nuances better as well as what concepts you believe in. 

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

There are plenty of great instructors who work with golfers competing on the "big stage" that you've likely never heard of. How many golfers ever heard of or acknowledged Gankas prior to Matt Wolff at the WMPO???

Gankas works with a lot of tour players as well as some of the top amateurs in the world. His stats as a teaching pro go way beyond Matt Wolff.  The number of champions in his stable is very impressive. He is known for building speed in the swing along with consistency. The novice golf fan most likely has heard of him because of Matt and his unusual swing; however as another poster said before, he’s also worked with Adam Scott. Adam has one of the most beautiful swings in golf. Adam came to him looking for more horsepower as did Padraig Harrington. Paddy is closer to the senior tour than the PGA tour and has gotten back to 120mph swing speed. I’ve studied the swing a lot and I’m biased but do believe that GG will be a very relevant coach for many more years. 

13 minutes ago, chaseclelland said:

Gankas works with a lot of tour players as well as some of the top amateurs in the world. His stats as a teaching pro go way beyond Matt Wolff.  The number of champions in his stable is very impressive. He is known for building speed in the swing along with consistency. The novice golf fan most likely has heard of him because of Matt and his unusual swing; however as another poster said before, he’s also worked with Adam Scott. Adam has one of the most beautiful swings in golf. Adam came to him looking for more horsepower as did Padraig Harrington. Paddy is closer to the senior tour than the PGA tour and has gotten back to 120mph swing speed. I’ve studied the swing a lot and I’m biased but do believe that GG will be a very relevant coach for many more years. 

You obviously didn't read my post in context... Go back up and you'll see I already mentioned Scott and Harrington.

The post you quoted was in response to a statement made by @Edveed. Thanks for the info though.

2 hours ago, Big money said:

1 hour ago, Twofer said:

🦗 crickets 

he turned pro in 2013.Missed one cut this year and finished 54th in the pga championship.Some of these teaching pros credentials really make me snicker at times.Cant make this stuff up.Im outta this thread 

Was an all American at Duke, has a few individual college wins, 1 win on challenge tour and another on the euro tour. Been ranked inside the top 100 for a couple years, currently just outside of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Thank you. This is why I hate any instructional golf area of a forum. It turns into my instructor is better than yours mess. If an instructor can make me play a little better and enjoy the game more I’m more than happy. Past accomplishments really mean very little too me. Or and whose who in their stable of players they coach 

• Like 2

I never heard of GG before Wolff.

Any link to his exaggerated leg movement lesson? Yes, I could Google, but just to make sure we are talking about the same video 😄

6 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I never heard of GG before Wolff.

Any link to his exaggerated leg movement lesson? Yes, I could Google, but just to make sure we are talking about the same video 😄

The dude has countless videos on YouTube and Insta, and pretty much *every single one* shows the exaggerated leg movement as part of the lesson. Won't be too hard to find!!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The dude has countless videos on YouTube and Insta, and pretty much *every single one* shows the exaggerated leg movement as part of the lesson. Won't be too hard to find!!! 

Lol that squat looks ugly... but I gotta give it a try!

• Like 1