ncwoz

Quality club fitting in West Michigan?

Our Sponsors

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for quality fittings in the West Michigan area? I think a putter fitting is first on my list, but driver and irons probably aren't too far down the line...

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

FW: :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft, 15º)

Irons (PW-2): :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52 & 60): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B

I bet you money that Chicago has Club Champion, and True Spec Golf!!! That’s a quick trip....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: Honma TR20 460, Fujikura Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* (playing at 15*), Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Dynamic Gold X100 

Irons: Srixon Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VC-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S300

Putter: SeeMore Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Maple Hill in Grandville does Trackman fittings in their indoor studio. I used them for a driver fitting a month ago and had a good experience for the cost ($60). They seemed to carry a lot of shaft options, including most of the no up charge shafts, and not just the stock shafts.

They have a putter fitting setup as well. I went last year when they were running a "free" fitting and was a little disappointed they didn't use any of the technology on me. I did hit a lot of putters of different lengths, styles, etc., however, and ended up buying my current gamer.

If you are not in a hurry, Maple Hill will usually run a deal at end of season where you get a a gift card back for the same value as the cost of your fitting.

Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor is a top 100 fitter and an easy drive. As @PMookie mentioned there is a True Spec and Club Champion in Chicago. Or, if you cross the bridge, TXG is in Toronto.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 13.3 (Last Updated May 31, 2020)

What's in my 2020 Sun Mountain Sync bag?

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Epic Flash, HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Black Star Sidewinder
3W: :mizuno-small: Mizuno GT 180, MRC Tensei White Stiff, Stock Mizuno/Golf Pride Tour Velvet
22° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra F8, AeroTech SteelFiber i95 Stiff, Black Star Sidewinder
5-GW: image.png.47d41317a1a558f00a2214a77fe46b6c.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff, Red Star Sidewinder
54°, 60°: image.png.47d41317a1a558f00a2214a77fe46b6c.png Maltby M-Series+, KBS 610 Stiff (54°), KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Regular (60°), Lamkin Crossline
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

2019 MGS Forum Tester - Callaway Epic Flash

9 hours ago, edingc said:

Maple Hill in Grandville does Trackman fittings in their indoor studio. I used them for a driver fitting a month ago and had a good experience for the cost ($60). They seemed to carry a lot of shaft options, including most of the no up charge shafts, and not just the stock shafts.

They have a putter fitting setup as well. I went last year when they were running a "free" fitting and was a little disappointed they didn't use any of the technology on me. I did hit a lot of putters of different lengths, styles, etc., however, and ended up buying my current gamer.

If you are not in a hurry, Maple Hill will usually run a deal at end of season where you get a a gift card back for the same value as the cost of your fitting.

Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor is a top 100 fitter and an easy drive. As @PMookie mentioned there is a True Spec and Club Champion in Chicago. Or, if you cross the bridge, TXG is in Toronto.

Awesome, thanks! Might hold off and see if Maple Hill offers that deal again in a few months...

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

Jim is the man at Maple Hill very personable and knowledeable will spend time discussing with and recommending to you even just on the sales floor not just in the launch kitchen

• Like 1

:adams-small: F11 Driver and 3 Wood 

:ping-small: I20 irons red dot -1/2 inch

:cleveland-small: Cg hybrid

:cleveland-small: Rtg wedges 54 56

:bridgestone-small:

6 hours ago, ODogs Driver said:

Jim is the man at Maple Hill very personable and knowledeable will spend time discussing with and recommending to you even just on the sales floor not just in the launch kitchen

Awesome, that's good to know! They're on my golf "to-do" list now 💪

Right Handed