LeftyHawk

Putting Ball

Our Sponsors

30 minutes ago, chisag said:

... R&A?  You can't even figure out what side of the road you are supposed to drive on. 😜

The correct side! 😜

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

That rule wasn't adopted I'm afraid.

You can use it in a bounce/friendly game but it's not an actual new rule as such, more the pity.

Umm, yes it was as a local rule

Edited by Kor.A.Door

8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

the local rule says that if you play a provisional, you are not allowed to use the fairway drop option.  please read local rule e-5

Sorry, that is right on the provisional, I  misunderstood what we discussed at the club. We were discussing many subjects regarding all of the new rules changes, and I misunderstood what was being said. 

Edited by Kor.A.Door
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Most guys I know do it because they want a clean ball and others (older players) continue to do it out of habit or misconceptions about the modern golf ball.

Want a clean ball for putting? Bring a towel to the green. Get a big player's towel for extra tour sauce. 

And if you haven't yet figured out that modern balls don't go out of round, I can't help with that. 

1 hour ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Want a clean ball for putting? Bring a towel to the green. Get a big player's towel for extra tour sauce. 

And if you haven't yet figured out that modern balls don't go out of round, I can't help with that. 

I don't disagree, but for casual rounds I don't really care either. To each their own...

• Like 2