TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Lightweight Push Cart

So I just finished reading the blog post on Push Carts:  https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-cart-of-2019/

I am not the least bit surprised that the ClicGear 3.5 won yet again.  I've been pushing one around for several years now, and it's indestructible.  It's built like a tank.

And that's the problem.  My 11-year old daughter has a crappy plastic two-wheeled cart, and I want to get her something nicer.  I'd happily get her a ClicGear, and her bag sits perfectly on top of the lower arms when they are folded in together.  But it weighs a ton.  She can't get it in and out of the car by herself, and I'd like something she can handle by herself for the times my wife drives her to the course.  

The BagBoy Compact 3 looks to be the lightest cart that I can find (13.7 lbs), and I'm happy to support a local Richmond company.  I still have my old BagBoy; there's nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that it's still huge when folded up.  Is there anything even lighter out there?  I'm on the fence with regards to junior carts, because she'll outgrow it fairly quickly, but the Rovic RV3J is pretty popular with other parents around here.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

The Bag Boy Compact 3 looks pretty good, especially at the price (Rockbottom $130 with coupon) I had similar issues with carts for my daughter. Anything much lighter than the Bag Boy is probably fail with not much use. I handed down a low end Bag Boy that I used for a while to my daughter when she outgrew her junior carts. She then got my Big Max when I got a Clicgear.

At 11, she's probably growing so quickly that she'll adjust to a bit extra weight easily, and a 3 wheel cart will be so much easier than a 2 wheel, even if its a bit heavy to start with. It also looks solid enough to give her a few years use at least. I'm a bit jealous, my golfing daughter has gone off to university, and I din't get to play with her (bloody shoulder!) prior to her leaving.

Anything that makes it more enjoyable for them is money well spent in my opinion.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Take a look at CaddyTek http://www.caddytek.com/shop/ They've got some lightweight push carts and the prices are pretty good for them on Amazon, TGW, Rockbottom etc.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

What's the difference in her ability to get clubs in/out of her bag with a standard cart vs. a junior cart? That is the first question that comes to my mind. I understand wanting to save the money, but if you have a lot of juniors in your area then you shouldn't have much trouble selling the Rovic later on when it's time to move up. I wouldn't think that there are going to be too many full-sized, 3 or 4-wheeled options out there that are going to match the ease-of-use found with a smaller cart or even a 2-wheeler like the one she has. She's a kid so chances are, if it ain't easy, she isn't going to use it. Just a thought.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

53 minutes ago, MattF said:

Take a look at CaddyTek http://www.caddytek.com/shop/ They've got some lightweight push carts and the prices are pretty good for them on Amazon, TGW, Rockbottom etc.

Which one do you have?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

We bought my daughter a Clicgear 3.5 for Christmas a couple years ago.  She was 9 at the time.  The thinking was, it will last her a lifetime.  We don't have the concern of her lugging it in and out of a vehicle though.  It is stored at our home club.  She just folds it down and sticks it in her stall in the cart-barn, which is at ground level.

The GM/head professional at my club just bought his 3 boys Clicgear 3.5's and they store theirs in the same fashion as my daughter.  The oldest is a year older and the twins are a year younger than my daughter.  They play a lot of golf together.

Good luck with your search.  For us, it was more about what she could/would grow into rather than having to replace something in a couple years.

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Which one do you have?

The One Click Folding http://www.caddytek.com/product/one-click-folding-3-wheel-golf-push-cart-with-swivel-front-wheel-version-8/

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had the little one push my ClicGear for nine holes earlier this week. She managed it without issue. I'll see what the wife says about in and out of the car. 

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 1 month later...

Rovic 2L, although nit sure its the best for bags sitting in. Last bag became crushed around the neck, so struggled pulling clubs out occasionally. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

• 5 months later...

I've seen a lot of lightweight carts, but either way you have to push them or to carry, and this thing is bothering me too much. I heard a lot about remote controlled caddies and I was wondering if that thing could help me to avoid carrying or pushing my caddy. I read a lot of information about world's best remote control caddy, and I think this is probably the best solution for me, and I really want to try one of them. I can mount on this electric caddy even a seat, a bottle and an umbrella holder, to make my golf game even easier and much more pleasant. I think everyone needs to take a look and buy one, you will avoid the unnecessary physical work to do

Edited by GoodFollow

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, halliedog said:

Where is this that an 11 year old is driving herself to the course and needing to unload clubs/cart out of the trunk? 

Don't think I said that. Sometimes my wife drives my daughter to the course when I can't. We went with the ClicGear. 

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Don't think I said that. Sometimes my wife drives my daughter to the course when I can't. We went with the ClicGear. 

My bad, I see that now that I re-read it, but can't your wife assist her until she grows a little? 

Good choice on the ClicGear, I just got one last spring and couldn't be happier with it.  

On 2/16/2020 at 7:03 AM, halliedog said:

My bad, I see that now that I re-read it, but can't your wife assist her until she grows a little? 

Good choice on the ClicGear, I just got one last spring and couldn't be happier with it.  

Oh, my wife will definitely help, but the easier I can make her life, the easier I make my life.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

A bit of advice (lesson learned for me) in buying a push cart is 1. See how the bag fits on the cart. I have a 4 wheel Caddytek, and while I like it my cart bag just fits on it and gets pretty messy when it's wet out (mud etc). 2. The attachment of the bag at the top end. I have bungee strap/clip. While it holds the bag securely it constricts my Sun Mountain bag so it's difficult to get the clubs out.  My buddy has a 3 wheel Caddytek cart and they solved both issues with it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart