Golfspy_CG2

Titleist T200 and T300 debut at The Travelers

From Titleist Press Release:

Following last week’s debut of the new T100, 620 CB and 620 MB irons at the U.S. Open, and the new U-500 and U-510 utility irons and TS hybrids at the Memorial Tournament two weeks prior – Titleist’s tour seeding and validation process continues this week at the PGA Tour’s Travelers Championship.

Two new irons – the new Titleist T200 and T300 models – are making their tour debut Monday at TPC River Highlands.

319873 t series group e33456 large 1560769422

For the next three days, Titleist Tour Representatives will continue working with players and fitting them into the new irons, utilities and hybrids – as this process continues across the worldwide professional tours.

Validating product performance across the global tours is a critical step in the development of all high performance Titleist golf equipment.

Based on initial tour player testing and feedback, the new lineup is poised to continue Titleist's run as the most played iron on the PGA Tour for each of the last five years and 14 of the last 15 seasons.

Stay tuned to Titleist.com and Titleist's social channels for continuing updates.

319872 t200 t300 1 2ff22a large 1560769416
319875 t200 t300 2 cef57d large 1560769955
  • Like 1

The promo pics look better than b&w usga for the t300 but both are ugly. Titleist misse the Mark with these on looks dept

• Like 1

I think the T200 will grow on me.  Not sure about the T300.   But I should get a chance to see and hit the whole lineup in August at at Team Titleist event. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think the T200 will grow on me.  Not sure about the T300.   But I should get a chance to see and hit the whole lineup in August at at Team Titleist event. 

Of those two the t200 isn’t as bad. It’s a big change from titleist in this line that’s had an identifiable look with minor tweaks since the 710 release.

the “ping eye” look does have my curiosity on the t200

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Of those two the t200 isn’t as bad. It’s a big change from titleist in this line that’s had an identifiable look with minor tweaks since the 710 release.

the “ping eye” look does have my curiosity on the t200

Yep, no doubt a departure from the more conservative look of AP's.   I thought the same thing about the ping eye look as well.   Of course I know the T300 will get call outs about being a M6 look alike.   While I'm not sure it's one I'd buy based on looks right now, I will definitely give it a look and few swings when I get to WI. 

Those are way busier looking than I’d expect from Titleist but I actually rather like them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just hope they’re more playable for me than the AP line. I never meshed with any of those irons, and they didn’t have a great feel. Honestly, Titleist irons and I have never gotten along very well. I tried DCI irons around 2001 and that was a mistake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep, no doubt a departure from the more conservative look of AP's.   I thought the same thing about the ping eye look as well.   Of course I know the T300 will get call outs about being a M6 look alike.   While I'm not sure it's one I'd buy based on looks right now, I will definitely give it a look and few swings when I get to WI. 

I don’t buy the m6 either. I’m looking forward to hearing the tech story behind all the irons in the line.

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That was my thoughts also, not sure about that switch/lever thing on the T300.

T100 looks good though.

So based off looks alone it looks like the ap3 version is now the t200 and ap1 is t300? 

Don't mind the looks and if the above is correct it would definitely make more sense for consumers looking at it. 

I'm sure they will look great from address and play well, but something there that just isn't quite screaming buy me with them. That being said I've never owned Titleist irons so maybe now is the time? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

So based off looks alone it looks like the ap3 version is now the t200 and ap1 is t300? 

Don't mind the looks and if the above is correct it would definitely make more sense for consumers looking at it. 

I'm sure they will look great from address and play well, but something there that just isn't quite screaming buy me with them. That being said I've never owned Titleist irons so maybe now is the time? 

yes,.you have the comparisons correct, from what I've seen.

I have a feeling this product cycle is going to be a bit of a miss on the irons. Too big a leap in one release cycle for the looks department. It's like when Mizuno launched the JPX EZ (which wasn't a bad club). That said, these clubs will still find a home in plenty of golf bags. 

Surprisingly, I think the T200 looks better than T100. Although I thought the same about AP2 vs. AP3 so maybe that's not so surprising...

Can't really tell too much from these pics, but it seems that the top-line gets progressively thicker from T100 to T300.

On another note: (NOT Titleist) Does anyone know if PING is getting ready launch some new wedges?  They dropped the price on the Glide 2.0's and are now out of stock in the grinds I was looking for.  It's interesting that they would drop prices without a newer model launch.

I am a titleist fanboy and the new CB and T100 look awesome.....these are busted. Its a huge miss for Titleist. I would put money on one thing...a short lifespan for this look....the general public is tearing these apart all over social media and I'm sure it will effect sales at some point.....very disappointed in these two new additions.....the other additions look amazing

6 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Can't really tell too much from these pics, but it seems that the top-line gets progressively thicker from T100 to T300.

On another note: (NOT Titleist) Does anyone know if PING is getting ready launch some new wedges?  They dropped the price on the Glide 2.0's and are now out of stock in the grinds I was looking for.  It's interesting that they would drop prices without a newer model launch.

yes, there will be new wedges this summer.  Can't say much beyond that at this point. 

• Like 1

I actually kind of like the look of the T200s. I play the original AP2s and have been looking to upgrade. I'm interested to see how it looks in person as well as how they feel in the hands.

Driver: TS2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: Original AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

After a year with the Cobra F8s, I can safely say that:

• You don't hit the ball with the back of the club
  • You don't see the back of the club at address
  • A club looks great if you hit it well

I hope we get some demos in soon so I can play around with them while teaching classes (although my F8s aren't going anywhere).

• Like 4

Who would've thought we'd ever live in a world where Titleist releases more drivers and uglier irons than TaylorMade 

• Like 4

The T100 aren't bad looking, but I could see these looking much worse in person.