GolfSpy Stroker

Who has your favorite swing on tour? And who would you want to copy if you could?

I watched Bubba warm up at the Canadian Open a couple of weeks ago.  He was hitting to a green maybe 175 away.  4 shots, one after the other, high fade, high draw, low fade, low draw and all  hit the green.   Fade or draw probably isn't the right word because each ball moved laterally at least 25 yards.  It was incredible.  He never hit the same shot twice in a row. 

Bubba is the man. I’ll take a mix of Seve and Bubba all day.
  • Like 1

Actually, my swing must already be just like Brooks Koepka’s because neither of us are concerned with fairway bunkers 290 yards from the tee. 🤣

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

Actually, my swing must already be just like Brooks Koepka’s because neither of us are concerned with fairway bunkers 290 yards from the tee. 🤣

I am....on my 2nd shot  😄 

• Like 2

Easy...

IMG_3547.JPG.3e35b42c45519334e2c885237a535251.JPG

Yeah I expected this one and why not? I’m 5’9” 162 right now - I’m going with a sleeper - Larry Nelson - I’m taking the fact that it repeated well enough to win 3 majors and yet goes unnoticed. Yeah give me Larry - I might be able to handle his.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Oh as a back up I will take Bernard Langer - his has held up okay too. :)

Ben Hogan.... But he's no longer on tourn or even on the planet, so Rors. Or Adam Scott..

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

Hard not to go with Adam Scott, but there is something about Freddy Couples swing that makes him my choice.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:25 PM, RoverRick said:

Of course I want to drive the ball like Rory, hit irons like Tiger, wedges like Phil, and putt like Spieth. But I have to pick 1. And I have. I actually have picked a golfer to emulate. That is .........

Steve Stricker. I’m too old to try to be a bomber, but decent length in the fairway, distance control with irons and wedges and good putting will win on the weekends.

I always liked Stricker’s simple but  effective swing. 

• Like 1

As a lefty there’s not many to choose. So I will look at some RH guys. I have always liked Stricker. If I could pick one swing though it would pick Ernie the Big Easy Els. His swing in his prime was so smooth with great tempo. It looked like he was hardly putting effort to the ball. 

Edited by Kor.A.Door

For just pure swing: Adam Scott and Steve Elkington - if I could copy either - yes please.

Favorite swing? Freddie Couples - he was my favorite from the beginning and still is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Freddie? Really guys he’s had nothing but back issues - one of the worst swings ever - could only be used by a great athlete. Furyk’s swing is far superior to Freddie’s. To each his own I suppose but I want to be able to lift my daughter for a few more years so I will pass on any guy with back issues.

I’m 5’9” 160 - going with Tom Watson as my classic player and Justin Thomas (whom I don’t particularly like) as my current player.

Have to go with either Adam Scott, it's just about the best swing on Tour or Ernie Eels...that's a swing you could go to sleep to, just so smooth and effortless.

Right now I really like Francesco Molinari. There's not a lot of stocky guys on the tour but he is built like me so I can copy him. More importantly he doesn't over do anything, just goes with what's there.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

I’ve always been envious of Charley Hoffman’s action and demeanor. He’s very strong and I like how he used that foundation to build a simple swing that’s very reliable and effective.

My swing is as elegant as Jim Furyks:

Jim Furyk’s swing – “It looks like an octopus falling out of a tree.”

But, Tom Watson has the swing I'd like