Monday’s are great days to check the USGA conforming list. Glide 3.0.... not too bad.

IMG_5834.JPG

• Like 5
  • Love 3

FINALLY!!!!!! If these aren't in my bag by the end of the year, I'd be absolutely shocked. 

• Like 3

Looks an awful lot like my KZG from a couple years ago.

IMG_1079.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Can't wait to see the actual release photos, and test them out.

• Like 2

The ping Eye 2 version of the wedges look like a real good throw back to the OG wedge. Looks like Ping integrated the cavity design of the i210 into the wedges. I like the look and will like them even more if they bring it out with the stealth finish. 

• Like 4

Wonder if the Eye2 will have full face grooves?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Wonder if the Eye2 will have full face grooves?

Just saw pictures on WRX.   It does not.  But the pictures do look pretty great!  Can't wait for Glide 2 prices to come down

• Like 4

Just saw pictures on WRX.   It does not.  But the pictures do look pretty great!  Can't wait for Glide 2 prices to come down

Bummer
  • Like 2

Can’t do the “pancake on a stick” Eye2 version...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Wow - they are good looking.  Just when I was about to replace my Vokey with a 2.0 stealth, now I may have to wait.  

I'm really noticing how much more weight wedge companies are placing on the back toplines of the club.  For the most part it's been a bit more minimal, but you really see it on the 3.0.  I know many have claimed it assists with consistency in trajectory. 

I'm excited to try it, but might go ahead and get the 2.0 when it goes on sale.  I've heard too many good things about those wedges.

Can’t do the “pancake on a stick” Eye2 version...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m with you but I’ve still got to try it.

16 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

They already are ($109), and are running out pretty quickly I might add.  I'm having trouble finding a 58 ES.

• Like 1

Here are some more pictures of 46, 58, and Eye2 58

Eye2 Back.jpg

Eye2 Back Toe 2.jpg

Eye2 Address.jpg

Glide 3.0 Back Toe.jpg

Glide 3.0 Side 58.jpg

Glide 3.0 Side 46.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

Wow - they are good looking.  Just when I was about to replace my Vokey with a 2.0 stealth, now I may have to wait.  

I'm really noticing how much more weight wedge companies are placing on the back toplines of the club.  For the most part it's been a bit more minimal, but you really see it on the 3.0.  I know many have claimed it assists with consistency in trajectory. 

I'm excited to try it, but might go ahead and get the 2.0 when it goes on sale.  I've heard too many good things about those wedges.

Gotta go with the Glide 2.0 stealth. The finish holds up better than most, and I play in a lot of sand-based courses. The feel is really outstanding and if you can find them on sale, go for it. Heck, I play the SS grind and it's still a very versatile wedge on full and chip shots around the green. 

• Like 1

I'm not having good success with my new Glide 2.0 56/12 so while these look nice, I'm not buying.  On Monday I had a shot of about 20 yards with a small pond guarding the front of the green.  The wedge launched the ball so high it clipped a branch on the tree above me and splashed 🤬.  The tree cover wasn't even in my mind as it was damn near straight above me. I dropped another ball, pulled my G410 UW out and popped the ball onto the green.  It and the PW have been much better though I still need to dial in yardages.

At the range and on the course, I am either gutting or skying the 2.0 half the time. I really purchased it mostly for sand play which I've not had a chance to evaluate very much (none of the practice facilities nearby have sand traps). If course play conditions afford the opportunity on a upcoming solo round, I may do a little sand raking and see if it works there.  No confidence in this club thus far 🤨.  If it dosen't start earning a spot in the bag, look for it in the classifieds!! 

• Like 1

I highly doubt I'll ever hit them or buy them, but I really dig the eye 2 look.  Great way to cash in on the high toe movement but not get yelled at for copying Cally (cough TM cough).

Too bad they can't be grandfathered in to the groove rule though

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I highly doubt I'll ever hit them or buy them, but I really dig the eye 2 look.  Great way to cash in on the high toe movement but not get yelled at for copying Cally (cough TM cough).

Too bad they can't be grandfathered in to the groove rule though

Didn't the original Eye2 have the high toe like this rendition?  If so, that would mean that Cally and TM copied Ping, albeit many years later.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Didn't the original Eye2 have the high toe like this rendition?  If so, that would mean that Cally and TM copied Ping, albeit many years later.  

Phil was actually using a eye2 before the PM grind was made. That’s where they got the inspiration from

• Like 2

Phil was actually using a eye2 before the PM grind was made. That’s where they got the inspiration from

Anyone remember these? Looooooved the feel and look of them.

IMG_7023.JPG
IMG_7022.JPG