Our Sponsors

Ive just purchased Ping G400 reg flex irons however after just a couple of holes my pro v1s started to scar,  I changed ball to another one and by the end of the round this too was also scarred, ive never had this before from my ping eye 2 to ping I e1 irons is their any reason for this.

• Like 1

On the G410 irons there is additional milling on the PW and UW faces (micro grooves). Not sure if the G400 has this, but I notice some leftovers on the face occasionally when I am hitting a full wedge. That has to be reducing the life of the ball. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*, 5-6 FWY at 17*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 5-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:taylormade-small: TP Berwick

3 hours ago, BMart519 said:

On the G410 irons there is additional milling on the PW and UW faces (micro grooves). Not sure if the G400 has this, but I notice some leftovers on the face occasionally when I am hitting a full wedge. That has to be reducing the life of the ball. 

Is there no price we're willing to pay for ball stoppage? 😆

On 6/4/2020 at 4:03 PM, Jeff Ball said:

Ive just purchased Ping G400 reg flex irons however after just a couple of holes my pro v1s started to scar,  I changed ball to another one and by the end of the round this too was also scarred, ive never had this before from my ping eye 2 to ping I e1 irons is their any reason for this.

I noticed that as well during my very first range session with my G410's - residual yellow range ball material.  Within a few more buckets of balls, and rounds, that went away.  The groove edges are sharp right out of the box.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Thanks for the great reviews. I tested a few irons earlier this spring and landed on the G410s. We had a ping fitter at the club last week size me up for stiff flex, green dot. This was my first fitting, I’m replacing my 6 yo Karstens in regular flex black dot. Waiting patiently for them to arrive. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cocorover 

So playing with borrowed K-28s for four weeks didn’t do my swing any favours. But now I’ve had my new G410s for about a month and I’m finally starting to hit them solid.  Improvements from my 7 year old Ping Karstens; slightly smaller head looks better at address (but also looks good in the bag) , sounds and feels SO much better. I flushed a 6 into the middle of the green on our longest par 3 the other night, it sounded and felt better than any shot I’ve ever hit. Another bonus is that my distances have remained about the same as my old clubs.As far as improved results/miss hits its too early to tell, but I should also attribute some success to finally being fitted. 

I have no regrets, glad I got off my wallet and got fitted for these clubs. 

• Like 2

Cocorover 

On 6/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, CoCoRover said:

Thanks for the great reviews. I tested a few irons earlier this spring and landed on the G410s. We had a ping fitter at the club last week size me up for stiff flex, green dot. This was my first fitting, I’m replacing my 6 yo Karstens in regular flex black dot. Waiting patiently for them to arrive. 

Awesome.  I think you'll really like them.  II saw distance gains throughout the bag, but of course I was switching from PE2's. What shafts did you end up with?

So playing with borrowed K-28s for four weeks didn’t do my swing any favours. But now I’ve had my new G410s for about a month and I’m finally starting to hit them solid.  Improvements from my 7 year old Ping Karstens; slightly smaller head looks better at address (but also looks good in the bag) , sounds and feels SO much better. I flushed a 6 into the middle of the green on our longest par 3 the other night, it sounded and felt better than any shot I’ve ever hit. Another bonus is that my distances have remained about the same as my old clubs.As far as improved results/miss hits its too early to tell, but I should also attribute some success to finally being fitted. 
I have no regrets, glad I got off my wallet and got fitted for these clubs. 

G410’s definitely an improvement over the Karstens. Play well w them

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Awesome.  I think you'll really like them.  II saw distance gains throughout the bag, but of course I was switching from PE2's. What shafts did you end up with?

“AWT 2.0 S  Nippon Shaft”

Admittedly all I knew was stiff steel, and I had to go look to reply. 

• Like 1

Cocorover 

53 minutes ago, CoCoRover said:

“AWT 2.0 S  Nippon Shaft”

Admittedly all I knew was stiff steel, and I had to go look to reply. 

I ended up with the AWT 2.0 R. It was those or PX LZ 5.5 which had the best numbers with the Mizunos.  The AWT's are an underrated shaft by most accounts.