STUDque

#NoPuttsGiven Ep5  

588 members have voted

1. 1. Is Wilson Back?

• Yes
    • No
    • We'll See
    • Don't call it a comeback
  2. 2. Do you like the look of the new Titleist irons?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is music on the course ok?

• Yes
    • No

On 6/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Music ... I don't mind it... when I'm playing by myself and walking I'll turn on music on my phone while I'm walking along and keep the volume low enough so I'm the only one who hears it.
I kind of relate it to music in your car... as long as you can respect the other people around you then go for it.  Just like the dude that "rocks his bass" in the car with the windows down at 800 decibels, don't come rolling up on me with your UA BOOM blasting... have some respect for the people around you.

You see... that's the problem isn't it?  Everyone thinks they are "keeping the volume low enough so I'm the only one who hears it."

How do you know that?  My course has many fairways that are adjacent with few trees and little to stop sound except grassy mounds.  I can be on the right side of my fairway, and the someone can be on the right side of the adjacent fairway only 25 yards away, and we can't see each other, but I can hear music.  

Even when music is set pretty low, about the same level as a quiet conversation between two people in a cart, it can be annoying.  My wife backed off a shot 3 times on Sunday because two guys in a cart that we were playing with 25 yards away wouldn't stop talking.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I fear music is going to more of an issue now that my course just received a new fleet of rental carts with 2 USB ports for power to electronics.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You see... that's the problem isn't it?  Everyone thinks they are "keeping the volume low enough so I'm the only one who hears it."

How do you know that?  My course has many fairways that are adjacent with few trees and little to stop sound except grassy mounds.  I can be on the right side of my fairway, and the someone can be on the right side of the adjacent fairway only 25 yards away, and we can't see each other, but I can hear music.  

Even when music is set pretty low, about the same level as a quiet conversation between two people in a cart, it can be annoying.  My wife backed off a shot 3 times on Sunday because two guys in a cart that we were playing with 25 yards away wouldn't stop talking.  

Yeah... I pause it when I get within 25 yards of people so they can't hear it.... when I'm walking down the middle of the fwy and nobody is around me I'll play it but I don't want to ruin anyone enjoying their round.

I also won't play it if I'm paired with anyone.  I'd just rather turn it off.

If folks find it that important to listen to music at all times while they're playing they make those bluetooth headphones that are just like earplugs now....

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

If folks find it that important to listen to music at all times while they're playing they make those bluetooth headphones that are just like earplugs now....

I’d rather run the risk of someone hearing my music 25 yards away than run the risk of taking a ball to the head because I had headphones in and didn’t hear someone yell FORE.

For the record, I don’t listen to music but I have no problem with those who do. I’d rather hear someone’s music than someone’s constant barrage of f-bombs and off color “humor” from the next fairway, which has happened more times than I can count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 7/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, russtopherb said:

I’d rather run the risk of someone hearing my music 25 yards away than run the risk of taking a ball to the head because I had headphones in and didn’t hear someone yell FORE.

For the record, I don’t listen to music but I have no problem with those who do. I’d rather hear someone’s music than someone’s constant barrage of f-bombs and off color “humor” from the next fairway, which has happened more times than I can count.

Perhaps a bit of availability heuristic at work here, but it seems that loud music and whooping and hollering tend to go together.

Perhaps a bit of availability heuristic at work here, but it seems that loud music and whooping and hollering tend to go together.

Not in my experience, unfortunately. I’ve heard plenty of hooting and hollering from drunken idiots who don’t have radios, and I’ve heard plenty of disgusting language from people who wouldn’t be caught dead on the course with a Bluetooth speaker since they have no idea what they are.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yes they are back in the mix , they have battled thru all the years as many other brands have falling to the wayside and it's paying off starting with Gary and his win..The quality is there and this win will surely draw attention with more wins to come from the young lions they have on staff..