TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Srixon Z Star and Z Star XV Golf Balls

1 minute ago, golfertrb said:

The XV is a really great ball - if you like the MTBX, I believe you will enjoy it!

Where is the MAILMAN??? 😉

Durability is a big thing, when it comes to value. I like the Cut blue, but almost every wedgeshot left heavy cuts in the urethan layer...

That`s an awful value - 2,20 € per shot! 😂😂

Normally, durability is not a huge factor for me because I will lose balls long before I feel I need to retire them. BUT, I have been playing the same Z-Star now for about 50-ish holes. I tried to retire it last week after I hit a cart path and tree (on the same hole, of course), but the brand new ball was struck 4 times before I lost it, so I pulled the impacted ball back out. It is not really scuffed that bad to my eye, but there is some discoloration from the cart path impact. I'm impressed!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

First 9 holes are completed, side by side with the MTBX. 

These Balls feel very similar to each other.

Long with the Driver, good spin on Iron and approach shots. See no difference at all. 

Even with the Putter, really really nice! 

The only thing i noticed: the XV has a fraction more spin when it comes to chipping. 

Don‘t loose the Balls, both looks new as out of the box.

more testing, one of these is my new gamer! 

Edited by Monaco

So I did the epsom salt test on 6 XV’s, 6 Z-Stars, and 6 Q-Star Tours (all un-hit and brand new).

In the picture below, the top row is balls that were either perfectly balanced or spun very slowly back to the same spot.

The bottom row were balls that spun back to the same consistent spot a little quicker than the top rows.

IMG_4131.thumb.JPG.ed8f402ab10d3a7ff263fb7d4b15eff3.JPG

Of the three, the Q-Star Tour had the most balls that were perfectly balanced, followed by the XV, then the Z-Star.

This goes to show that, as was mentioned in the most recent “No Putts Given,” making a perfectly balanced golf ball is extremely difficulty to do.

Again, I’ve only recently begun floating golf balls, but of all the balls I’ve tested, it is rare to find a perfectly balanced ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

So I did the epsom salt test on 6 XV’s, 6 Z-Stars, and 6 Q-Star Tours (all un-hit and brand new).

In the picture below, the top row is balls that were either perfectly balanced or spun very slowly back to the same spot.

The bottom row were balls that spun back to the same consistent spot a little quicker than the top rows.

IMG_4131.thumb.JPG.ed8f402ab10d3a7ff263fb7d4b15eff3.JPG

Of the three, the Q-Star Tour had the most balls that were perfectly balanced, followed by the XV, then the Z-Star.

This goes to show that, as was mentioned in the most recent “No Putts Given,” making a perfectly balanced golf ball is extremely difficulty to do.

Again, I’ve only recently begun floating golf balls, but of all the balls I’ve tested, it is rare to find a perfectly balanced ball.

It looks like the XV had 5 out of 6 that were good vs Q Star Tour had 4 out of 6 - is that right? Wouldn't that make the XV most consistent? Maybe I'm misreading it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Played today in 15-25 MPH winds with gusts higher and struck the ball so, so well. I played primarily the XV, though I played a few holes with the Z Star. These balls are exceptionally good in the wind for me - neither one ballooned although the XV is just a bit better for me, though the differences are mostly just nitpicky things. One interesting thing - I hit one particular wedge shot hard and low to push the ball forward in the wind and it put a pretty good scuff on the ball. This is the worst scuff I've seen and this retired the ball but I had played it for 47 holes so that's acceptable

IMG_4100.jpg

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

It looks like the XV had 5 out of 6 that were good vs Q Star Tour had 4 out of 6 - is that right? Wouldn't that make the XV most consistent? Maybe I'm misreading it

XV most consistent, yes. What I was saying was that the Q-Tour had the most perfectly balanced of the three. Top row was either perfectly balanced or very slow rotation back towards heavy side.

WITB:

Played today in 15-25 MPH winds with gusts higher and struck the ball so, so well. I played primarily the XV, though I played a few holes with the Z Star. These balls are exceptionally good in the wind for me - neither one ballooned although the XV is just a bit better for me, though the differences are mostly just nitpicky things. One interesting thing - I hit one particular wedge shot hard and low to push the ball forward in the wind and it put a pretty good scuff on the ball. This is the worst scuff I've seen and this retired the ball but I had played it for 47 holes so that's acceptable

IMG_4100.jpg.8cb8dc1f8a0edf3efcd9ef3fee1be7a2.jpg

Man I’m trying to get on your level of ball longevity. Nothing worse than pulling a brand new ball out of the box and sending it straight into the water or woods. 🤬

WITB:

Played all 18 holes today with the same XV. Hit lots of 70-80yd shots to inside 10ft (just couldn’t make lots of the putts, one more roll.....).

Out of the rough I only had one ball that went farther than I thought it would, but even then it was just off the fringe.

The ball is still in good enough shape to play again next round.

WITB:

I finally got to put the Z-Star XV into play for nine holes today, and I was impressed. Shot 47 hitting 6/7 fairways and 3/9 greens in regulation.

My observations:

Driver. The Z-Star XV was definitely accurate for me today. I did notice my distance was down, but that was more of me not hitting consistently on The face of the driver. I noticed a couple that were off the heel and I hit some low on the face. The only shot that missed the fairway I sliced on the third hole. The XV gave me a lower, more penetrating ball flight that will definitely come in handy in a windy day.

Irons. I was hitting my distances pretty well and the ball flight about the same as normal. Definitely felt good off the face.

Wedges. I like it, I had decent stopping power, even though a storm had passed through last night and the course was wet. I did get some roll out, but it was definitely less than I'm used to, even with a wet ball and wedge. The first hole I hit driver 239 and was left with a 60 yard shot that I skulled, but it hit the green and stopped about 20 feet from the pitch mark.

Putter. It felt good, but my putting skills leave something to be desired, 22 total for nine holes. I have no credibility when it comes to judging anything when it comes to putting, other than to say it felt good.

Keep up the good work guys! We're out here listening to what you have to say and you definitely influenced me to try this ball.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 7/18/2019 at 12:51 AM, ChasingScratch said:

Maybe a scuff isn’t the same to all golfers? If it isn’t an actual cut, I’ll keep playing it. When I took one of each (Kirkland 3-piece, Z-Star, and XV) on the simulator and hit a ton of wedges, 7 irons, and drivers, the Kirkland was the only one that looked damaged to me. There were a few scuffs on the Srixons, but nothing like the Kirkland.

... No doubt a scuff is subjective when it coms to keeping a ball in play. Ever since talking to the Srixon VP of Golf Ball Engineering, I take any little scuff or cut out of play. Learning about the engineering of dimple design and how the slightest millimeter change in depth or size can make a difference in flight and/or spin, I just don't trust keeping one in play if I am playing a round of golf that I am posting for handicap purposes or competing. But a friendly round and certainly a practice round I will play a ball much longer. Will the scuff or ever so slight cut change my spin and trajectory enough to make a difference with any given shot? I don't know the answer but do know the knowledge is in my head which can cause doubt so I just take it out of play. The downside is playing 107 rounds in 117 days in Phoenix last winter I went thru a ton of golf balls. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... No doubt a scuff is subjective when it coms to keeping a ball in play. Ever since talking to the Srixon VP of Golf Ball Engineering, I take any little scuff or cut out of play. Learning about the engineering of dimple design and how the slightest millimeter change in depth or size can make a difference in flight and/or spin, I just don't trust keeping one in play if I am playing a round of golf that I am posting for handicap purposes or competing. But a friendly round and certainly a practice round I will play a ball much longer. Will the scuff or ever so slight cut change my spin and trajectory enough to make  difference in any given shot? I don't know the answer but do know the knowledge is in my head so I just take it out of play. The downside is playing 107 rounds in 117 days in Phoenix last winter I went thru a ton of golf balls. 

Yeah I can’t afford to take a ball out of play that often lol.

WITB:

I finally got to put the Z-Star XV into play for nine holes today, and I was impressed. Shot 47 hitting 6/7 fairways and 3/9 greens in regulation.

My observations:

Driver. The Z-Star XV was definitely accurate for me today. I did notice my distance was down, but that was more of me not hitting consistently on The face of the driver. I noticed a couple that were off the heel and I hit some low on the face. The only shot that missed the fairway I sliced on the third hole. The XV gave me a lower, more penetrating ball flight that will definitely come in handy in a windy day.

Irons. I was hitting my distances pretty well and the ball flight about the same as normal. Definitely felt good off the face.

Wedges. I like it, I had decent stopping power, even though a storm had passed through last night and the course was wet. I did get some roll out, but it was definitely less than I'm used to, even with a wet ball and wedge. The first hole I hit driver 239 and was left with a 60 yard shot that I skulled, but it hit the green and stopped about 20 feet from the pitch mark.

Putter. It felt good, but my putting skills leave something to be desired, 22 total for nine holes. I have no credibility when it comes to judging anything when it comes to putting, other than to say it felt good.

Keep up the good work guys! We're out here listening to what you have to say and you definitely influenced me to try this ball.

I have also observed that thinned shots seem to hold much better than other balls I’ve played.

When I played in Missouri, I had probably 6 shots that I thought would be over the back of the green but stayed on. Good green side spin for sure.

WITB:

I have also observed that thinned shots seem to hold much better than other balls I’ve played.

When I played in Missouri, I had probably 6 shots that I thought would be over the back of the green but stayed on. Good green side spin for sure.

That was the shot that impressed me the most with this ball, even with the wet greens I was expecting the ball to be over. I was thinking awesome, great drive right down the middle, then just flub a wedge over the green. Seeing it was still on the putting surface was surprising.

Another 18 holes XV vs MTBX.

Three differences i noticed. 

Driver/Putter/long irons : i can‘t tell any difference.

1. full wedges/short irons: More stopping power with the MTBX

2. half shots and chips: more Spin with the XV

3. MTBX is more stable in the wind. Best Ball in the wind i‘ve ever tested, XV near to it on Second place.

DURABILITY: both are great!

so...at the moment i really think, i play both balls. Depends on the course i play. 

This said, that‘s great to have this opportunity!! 

Edit: 4. XV has a slightly higher Ball flight...

Edited by Monaco

The more I play these balls the more I see how close they in general are. They have differences but those differences are nuanced. The Z Star definitely feels softer but their play around the greens is nearly indistinguishable for me - it seems to come down to feel differences alone. Off the tee, the XV is longer for me, due to the higher launch and lower spin. When I have tested the spin numbers in the irons/wedges - they are virtually identical for me. Any differences were too small to distinguish and seemed to be connected to strike. I have played both balls for multiple rounds and I have hit great shots with both and have scored quite well with both. Both balls are extremely good in the wind - I have one that I prefer over the other but both are extremely good. I hope to play a few times this week as we are wrapping up the review - are there any particular things people would like to see? Any questions I/we can answer that perhaps we haven't to this point?

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Just going to put this out there, I pulled the trigger on a deal for 36 mint/near mint XV’s. I’m investing in this ball being my gamer. It’s that good for my game. Dry land balls, no refinished/refurbished/repainted.

WITB:

Just caught up on here from the last week.

I said it before, but I'll say it again, you guys are killing this review!   Really awesome stuff and good info.    We made a Hole in One with this group 👍

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Just going to put this out there, I pulled the trigger on a deal for 36 mint/near mint XV’s. I’m investing in this ball being my gamer. It’s that good for my game. Dry land balls, no refinished/refurbished/repainted.

... How would you know? Not trying to be an a$$ but maybe some of these XV's were refinished before being lost a 2nd time? And that is taking a reseller at their word. It has become hard enough to trust brand new balls! 

... How would you know? Not trying to be an a$$ but maybe some of these XV's were refinished before being lost a 2nd time? And that is taking a reseller at their word. It has become hard enough to trust brand new balls! 

I agree completely.

Buying from a guy in a large golf club trader group. He takes returns as well and comes highly rated from fellow golfers. If they seem suspect, I’ll just return.

WITB:

... That's the thing though, they may not look suspect. We see new balls cut open that are fine from the outside looking in but not so much under the cover. Anyway I am not trying to diss your purchase, just something I would never do with our current level of golf ball knowledge. Good luck with them!

... That's the thing though, they may not look suspect. We see new balls cut open that are fine from the outside looking in but not so much under the cover. Anyway I am not trying to diss your purchase, just something I would never do with our current level of golf ball knowledge. Good luck with them!

I get your point.

No worries, I am very skeptical as well after what we’ve learned about balls. Epsom salt float test might pick some of that up. I guess at the end of the day you really just never know, since we can’t see inside the ball. Heck, people are buying brand new balls and getting different models in the same box, so it’s almost like what’s the point at all?!?! Lol

And some brand new balls are so off it’s crazy. May as well save some $$$, float test them, and play golf. I’ll see how they go at least. My golf budget is pretty small.

WITB:

Played the XV and Bridgestone Tour BX in a 3 day member-guest and both are very comparable and excellent.  Great distance and held greens well.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

15 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Played the XV and Bridgestone Tour BX in a 3 day member-guest and both are very comparable and excellent.  Great distance and held greens well.

I haven't tried the BX but that was one that I was interested in trying subsequent to the MGS Ball Test. The XV is such a good ball and I could be happy playing that ball and being done with my search. It's funny because when I started this review, I thought I would go back to the ProV1 but I've been really happy with the Srixon, and as I have said, I could play either the Z Star and XV quite easily. I played tonight and didn't hit the ball particularly well with my irons although I hit the driver very well - quite long for me. I only played 9 holes but I played only the XV and it felt quite comfortable - just normal which is nice. The XV does everything I need it to do although the Z Star does feel a bit better but not by much. I'm supposed to play tomorrow and I will likely play 9 holes with each ball and report back tomorrow night. 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

5 hours ago, golfertrb said:

I haven't tried the BX but that was one that I was interested in trying subsequent to the MGS Ball Test. The XV is such a good ball and I could be happy playing that ball and being done with my search. It's funny because when I started this review, I thought I would go back to the ProV1 but I've been really happy with the Srixon, and as I have said, I could play either the Z Star and XV quite easily. I played tonight and didn't hit the ball particularly well with my irons although I hit the driver very well - quite long for me. I only played 9 holes but I played only the XV and it felt quite comfortable - just normal which is nice. The XV does everything I need it to do although the Z Star does feel a bit better but not by much. I'm supposed to play tomorrow and I will likely play 9 holes with each ball and report back tomorrow night. 

I think the Bridgestone offerings this year are really good and I'd be happy with either those or the Srixon.  I got a good deal on a dozen so thought I'd give them a try; if you have an opportunity for a ball fitting anywhere they sometimes offer them....good luck!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

So I played 18 today and tried the Bridgestone BX for about half the holes - great ball and I saw some differences between it and the XV. I played the round of my life - literally a PB with a 72 year old vet who hit the ball really well. I gave him an XV to try and he loved it! When I get home I will do a longer post with pictures but suffice it to say both balls are great but there is a clear winner for me :)

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

So today I was playing at Lincoln Park West - got out about 4pm and it was an absolutely beautiful day - a light breeze and 85* - a perfect summer afternoon. I was paired with a great guy, a 72 year old Army vet who hit the ball really well. He was a competitive player for a number of years and holds several course records (or did) in the area. He shot a 73 from the Blue Tees and would have gone much lower if he could have made more putts - tee to green he was so solid. Through the course of conversation I was telling him about the review I was a part of and I gave him an XV to try since he preferred a firmer feel and he really liked - he said it went a bit further for him than the ProV1x and he really enjoyed the feel off the putter. 

When I was paying for my green fee, I noticed they had Bridgestone balls available for sale so I bought a sleeve of BX to try so that I could compare with the XV. The BX is a really good looking ball - I really like the dimple design and the feel is very good. As Stroker said, the BX and XV are quite comparable; to my eye only, it seems the BX trajectory is a bit flatter than the XV but the spin on full iron shots and around the greens seemed very similar. I played the Bridgestone for 9 holes and the Srixon for 9. Both balls are extremely good and the roll each has on the greens is phenomenal. I had the fewest putts I've ever had today with 21 - I had 15 one putts including 12 in a row. I've honestly been working on the mental side of things recently and it has been working - I'm seeing the ball in the hole and my stroke is really working at the moment but the XV is an extremely good ball to putt with. I shot my lowest round ever today and it felt so easy - I hit 13/18 greens and I missed the greens I did in exactly the right spot for easy up and downs which both balls handled perfectly - low checking chips that stopped dead for easy tap-ins. If I had to pick a favorite ball though the XV is the one - I felt just a bit softer to me though not soft at all - extremely solid if that makes sense. Two shots that I was particularly pleased with today which demonstrate the quality of the ball and its depth of use were both on par 5's. One shot was a touch shot the other a full shot with a 3 wood.

This was my third shot on 517 yard par 5 7th - I had 57 yards left - the pin was in the middle back into the breeze. I hit a low 58* that resulted in a birdie:

IMG_Jul252019at14005AM.jpg.43c44d115aba819015377bc28f6d807e.jpg

This was my second shot into the Par 5 13th from 231 in the light tough into the breeze which resulted in an eagle:

IMG_Jul252019at125220AM.jpg.cd0008203782c30cd4ff54cec5dd208a.jpg 

What was crazy is they ended up being about the same distance from the hole. The Srixon is so stable and able to hit touch shots, as well as, full shots with ease. I will talk more about the different balls I've compared to the Srixon offerings in my Stage 2 but suffice it to say - these balls are absolutely as good as anything being offered and better than many IMHO. One other thing - it was fun to be able to tell Gary (the man I played with today and we exchanged numbers so I'm sure we will play together regularly now) that the XV was the ball Shane Lowry just won the Open Championship with. It was fun because he had never played with a Srixon and really didn't even know what it was and he loved it. It was nice to expose someone to such a quality ball. 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

So today I was playing at Lincoln Park West - got out about 4pm and it was an absolutely beautiful day - a light breeze and 85* - a perfect summer afternoon. I was paired with a great guy, a 72 year old Army vet who hit the ball really well. He was a competitive player for a number of years and holds several course records (or did) in the area. He shot a 73 from the Blue Tees and would have gone much lower if he could have made more putts - tee to green he was so solid. Through the course of conversation I was telling him about the review I was a part of and I gave him an XV to try since he preferred a firmer feel and he really liked - he said it went a bit further for him than the ProV1x and he really enjoyed the feel off the putter. 

When I was paying for my green fee, I noticed they had Bridgestone balls available for sale so I bought a sleeve of BX to try so that I could compare with the XV. The BX is a really good looking ball - I really like the dimple design and the feel is very good. As Stroker said, the BX and XV are quite comparable; to my eye only, it seems the BX trajectory is a bit flatter than the XV but the spin on full iron shots and around the greens seemed very similar. I played the Bridgestone for 9 holes and the Srixon for 9. Both balls are extremely good and the roll each has on the greens is phenomenal. I had the fewest putts I've ever had today with 21 - I had 15 one putts including 12 in a row. I've honestly been working on the mental side of things recently and it has been working - I'm seeing the ball in the hole and my stroke is really working at the moment but the XV is an extremely good ball to putt with. I shot my lowest round ever today and it felt so easy - I hit 13/18 greens and I missed the greens I did in exactly the right spot for easy up and downs which both balls handled perfectly - low checking chips that stopped dead for easy tap-ins. If I had to pick a favorite ball though the XV is the one - I felt just a bit softer to me though not soft at all - extremely solid if that makes sense. Two shots that I was particularly pleased with today which demonstrate the quality of the ball and its depth of use were both on par 5's. One shot was a touch shot the other a full shot with a 3 wood.

This was my third shot on 517 yard par 5 7th - I had 57 yards left - the pin was in the middle back into the breeze. I hit a low 58* that resulted in a birdie:

IMG_Jul252019at14005AM.jpg.43c44d115aba819015377bc28f6d807e.jpg

This was my second shot into the Par 5 13th from 231 in the light tough into the breeze which resulted in an eagle:

IMG_Jul252019at125220AM.jpg.cd0008203782c30cd4ff54cec5dd208a.jpg 

What was crazy is they ended up being about the same distance from the hole. The Srixon is so stable and able to hit touch shots, as well as, full shots with ease. I will talk more about the different balls I've compared to the Srixon offerings in my Stage 2 but suffice it to say - these balls are absolutely as good as anything being offered and better than many IMHO. One other thing - it was fun to be able to tell Gary (the man I played with today and we exchanged numbers so I'm sure we will play together regularly now) that the XV was the ball Shane Lowry just won the Open Championship with. It was fun because he had never played with a Srixon and really didn't even know what it was and he loved it. It was nice to expose someone to such a quality ball. 

I've been following the review here, had a gift certificate to burn at Winter Creek so snagged a dozen Srixon XV's to try. I'm in your area and man you get to play alot of golf, I'm very jealous! I played Lincoln East last weekend and Earlywine "Lakes" (aka South) course yesterday.

I'm planning to put these XV's in the rotation for a tournament this weekend at The Territory and see if I can join in on all the great feedback that's been given here and get away from my current ball. I had been playing the Callaway "Soccer balls" for two seasons b/c I thought they were fun and goofy, but the recent info concerning them has been alarming so I'm in the ball market now.

Congrats on all the great play, I know these courses and holes you described very well

Playing tomorrow morning at a course I’ve never played before. Probably will use the Z-Stars on one last outing. I think I’ve got my preferred ball chosen, but want to give the Z-Star one last shot against he XV.

WITB:

I've been following the review here, had a gift certificate to burn at Winter Creek so snagged a dozen Srixon XV's to try. I'm in your area and man you get to play alot of golf, I'm very jealous! I played Lincoln East last weekend and Earlywine "Lakes" (aka South) course yesterday.
I'm planning to put these XV's in the rotation for a tournament this weekend at The Territory and see if I can join in on all the great feedback that's been given here and get away from my current ball. I had been playing the Callaway "Soccer balls" for two seasons b/c I thought they were fun and goofy, but the recent info concerning them has been alarming so I'm in the ball market now.

Congrats on all the great play, I know these courses and holes you described very well

That's so cool! We should totally play together sometime. I've never played Winter Creek or The Territory - I'm a muni guy for the most part. I used to play in tournaments quite a bit so I played at Rose Creek and Gaillardia several times but that's about it. I used to live in the other side of OKC so I played Earlywine North and South all the time but I haven't played this year at all. I used to play Trosper quite often as well but I haven't this year - it has been Lincoln East or West. I live in the neighborhood around Broadmoore, so I play there early in the season when it's in better shape - this time of year the greens are shaggy because of the heat and I can't putt so I stay away for the most part but it's a convenient place to practice.

I am blessed to be able to play a lot of golf (2-3 x's per week); my back is the only thing that hinders me but this time of year my back is great :) The hotter the better and Oklahoma obliges me in summer. Anyway - enjoy the XV's and report back your thoughts - we'd really enjoy the feedback!

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer