TESTERS WANTED! ×

MACHINE Limited Edition DAMASCUS Customs

Choeppner

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to inform you about a very special, Limited Edition 1st Release of Damascus Steel MACHINE Putters.

We have just received a proprietary batch of 70 Pounds of Damascus steel that was custom forged to our specifications. We are currently in the process of squaring up these forged billets on the Bridgeport Mill, prior to the first CNC milling operations.

This first ever, Limited Edition of Damascus Putters will be offered in the following configurations of MACHINE Garage and ART putters:

3 Each MACHINE M1A Fixer Models

3 Each MACHINE M1A Adjuster Models

8 Each MACHINE M2A Converter Models with Heavy Blade Back (std) or New Beefy Back flanges

In addition to the Damascus Heads, we will be offering Damascus Plumber Necks, Damascus Hand Bent Hosels, Damascus Spacers and Damascus Cavity Medallions and a few more surprises!

Please Contact me at Choeppner@Doglegright.com for pricing on these very Limited Edition Damascus Customs.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions, or work up a quote for one of these beautiful new models.

Sincerely,

-Chris

MP_2011_Damascus_1stRun_Stock_1a-1.jpg

MP_2011_Damascus_1stR_BPM_1a.jpg

MP_2011_Damascus_1stR_BPM_1b.jpg

MACHINE Custom Putters Rep

Feel free to contact me with any questions at:

Choeppner@Doglegright.com

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the great comments guys :) The e-mail and PM response has been great so far :)

Attached are photos taken today of the first Damascus MACHINE Putter being milled in the Haas CNC Milling Center. This is #1 of 8 from the 1st Run of Damascus M2A Converters.

Note that the pattern is not as noticeable as we mill the putter. It comes out when we finish with either acid etch, gunmetal bluing and or hot sauce flaming (or combination of these finishes). However, you can still see the patterns on the stock metal on the face side.

I'm going to try and get some more photos that I can post tomorrow as they progress in being milled :)

Thanks,

-Chris

MP_M2A_Damascus_CNC_WIP_HV1a.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_CNC_WIP_HV1b.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_CNC_WIP_HV1c.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_CNC_WIP_WTd.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I promised you more In-Progress Pics and here they are :)

These are photos of the Damascus Converters, #'s 1-8 in process, after the 2nd CNC machining operation is complete. The heads now have hosel ports milled and other finish dimensioning passes.

We aren't milling sight lines or dots, etc. that we normally do on production putters in this op. Any alignment cuts will all be done to order on the Bridgeport mills.

Note the in-hand shot showing the one of one pieces of Mosaic forged Damascus. This is a really special piece, as the pattern is really cool the way they fold this one. The patterns will be somewhat normal on the top surfaces and sole, but will show off the Mosaic pattern on the ends of the heel and toe.

Due to the costs of the materials and added work on this one, it Does carry an additional charge for this specific piece as we ordered it to be different than the rest :)

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2A_Damascus_CNC_WIP_2op_GITa.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_CNC_WIP_2op_GITb.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_Mosaic_WIP_2op_ih_1hcu.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I hope yall are having a great day :) I've had alot of e-mails asking about the finishes on the Damascus so I wanted to show a couple of examples of some Damascus we finished in the past.

The Ball Markers show what the Etched Finish will look like.

The tongue insert shows the Rainbow Torch Finish on the Damascus :)

Please let me know if yall have any questions :)

Thanks,

-Chris

MP_XS09_Damscus_BallMarkers_x3ihcu-1.jpg

MP_M4_EG_Proto_1ct_cu-2.jpg

MP_M4_EG_Proto_1ct-1.jpg

MP_M4_EG_Proto_1c_cu-1.jpg

MP_M2A_End_Game_Damascus_PT_2c-1.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week :) I wanted to first say, thanks for all the great comments :) I know Dave has loved hearing them :) The e-mail and PM response has been great :)

I wanted to share a couple more pics with you :)

The first picture is the Custom Damascus we had made for us for the Cavity Logo Medallions and the Spacers :)

The second photo shows the heads going thru the third milling operation, which is counterboring the hosel port for the torx screw cap and engraving the MACHINE Logo and the USA on the sole :)

I will have more photos of the Damascus by Monday at the latest.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)

Thanks in advance,

Chris

MP_2011_Damascus_LE_Stock_1a.jpg

MP_M2A_4pt0_LE_3rd_CNC_Op_1hv_cu.jpg

Hello,

That part is still in the process of being milled :) As soon as I get more pics ( Hopefully tomorrow :) ) I will definitely post them :)

Thanks

-Chris

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week :) I promised you more pics and here they are :)

These photos show the completion of the 3rd CNC machining operation, which includes hosel machine screw counterbore, engraving of the new MACHINE logo and USA on the sole and other fine dimensioning passes.

The second photo shows the Mosaic Damascus after the 3rd op.

More photos and videos to follow of the fourth op in progress.

Enjoy the pics :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_Damascus_WIP_3op_GITa.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_Mosaic_WIP_3op_ih_1hcu.jpg

Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone has been having a great week :)

Here are a few photos of the 1st Run of Limited Edition Damascus MACHINE Putters for 2011, this is M2A Converter #1 of 8, after milling, initial hand finishing, and its first Acid Etch to bring out the Damascus pattern.

This head is now ready for customer choices for additional custom milling, such as sightline(s) or sight dot, stamping, grinding etc. It has will then have even more hand finishing to go, another Etch, and final finish choices. But hopefully you can get a better idea of the patterning on this one, and how these parts will look.

Hope you enjoy! :) Let us know what you think.

More unique custom forged Damascus patterns, back flange, hosel and other components and finishes will follow next week...

-Chris

MP_M2A_Damascus_1stR_1stEtch_8c.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_1stR_1stEtch_8ihc.jpg

MP_M2A_Damascus_1stR_1stEtch_8ihs.jpg

Chris, how much are these going to be, or am I out of line asking in this manner? Also, never did get back with you about trying to find a Machine a while back, when you were still in Statesboro. I know you guys don't do a true center shaft, or anything remotely similar, but the longneck M2A's with the fatback, are they face balanced?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Hello,

Let me PM you the pricing on these :)

We do offer Weld Neck Centershafts on both the M1A and M2A Models. I'll post some pics in a second in the Picture thread on here for you :)

The Long Neck's with the Fat Back Flange would be close to Face Balanced, but not perfectly face balanced :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share pics of this work in progress as you can really see the grain nicely :) This is a Damascus M2A Converter Head with a Damascus Beefy Back Flange :)

Enjoy :)

-Chris

photo24.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week :) I wanted to share you with some more Work In Progress Photo's :)

These are the Damascus Limited Edition Converters No.'s 1 and 2 of 8. The 303 Stainless hosels are assembled today for use as an example only. The Damascus hosels start milling tomorrow!

As you can see, the grain flows really nicely between the head and flange :) These currently are finished in our Acid Etch Finish :)

More photo's to come as more milling operations get completed :)

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M2A_Dam_12of8_1stEtch_9c_x2.jpg

MP_M2A_Dam_12of8_1stEtch_9ch_x2.jpg

MP_M2A_Dam_2of8_1stEtch_9cad.jpg

MP_M2A_Dam_2of8_1stEtch_9fs.jpg

MP_M2A_Dam_2of8_1stEtch_9s.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) We have finished milling the heads for the M2A Converters and are fixing to mill the heads for the M1A Adjusters and M1A Fixers :) I wanted to share with you a photo showing the raw bar stock :)

More pictures in just a minute :)

-Chris

MP_1stR_Damascus_M1A_BiIlet_Stock_2.jpg

Hey Guys :)

I wanted to share these 2 Pics with you of a MACHINE ART Damascus Custom Converter :) Lots of work to go in this head :) Right now the Bumpers have been melted :) The Medallion you see will be replaced with a Damascus Cavity Medallion as soon as we mill them :) This head is fixing to head to our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Tank for a nice finish :) The Gun Blue finish should really make the layers pop :)

More pics to come as she progresses :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_WIP_10c-1.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_WIP_11s_cu-1.jpg

Hey Everyone :)

Last 2 pictures for right now :)

Chris,

Pictured here is the 1st Damascus Hand Bent Hosel (medium length):)

The First Photo shows the Hosel after being lathed :)

The Second Photo shows the Hosel after some hand finishing, then bending, etching, and more finishing, and prior to bluing, more finishing, etc.

The bend on this Damascus HBH is 1/2 offset, std lie, 4:30 toe hang.

The head was in the middle of the bumpers being melted when these photos were taken :)

-Chris

MP_1stRun_Damascus_HBH_WIP_M2A_h_cu.jpg

MP_1stRun_Damascus_HBH_WIP_M2A_D3_8c.jpg

Hey Guys :)

I hope everyone had a decent Monday :) Got a couple of new pics and wanted to share them with you :)

Here we have 2 photos of Limited Edition Damascus MACHINE Putter M2A Converter #3 of 8 after getting a Hot Salts Gunmetal Blue bath :)

The MACHINE is paired with the Damascus Medium Length Hand Bent Hosel #1 for these photos.

These parts are right out of the hot oil quench, and there is more custom and finish work to go. This one is going to be GORGEOUS when finished :)

Enjoy the pics :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_Dam1stR_3_WIP_HBH_GMB_12ch.jpg

MP_M2A_Dam1stR_3_WIP_HBH_GMB_12ch_ad.jpg

Archived