GolfSpy STUDque

Testers ANNOUNCED: Wilson Staff Junior and Teen Complete Sets

Matt LaSalle/ Emmaus, PA

Carissa, age 12

Currently has no clubs

Profile JGI junior large 

Does twirling and dance. Wants to get into golf but does not have clubs. Would be a great way to test the clubs on a brand new golfer. 

• Like 1

This is a great opportunity that Wilson is offering and participating with MGS.

I'm the Executive Director of the newest First Tee chapter in the country. So new in fact, that our website will not go live until next week. I'm all about kids golf any way they can get it. Leading up to our chapter launch we've been overwhelmed with donations of kids sets of all brands and sizes. If not for that I'd certainly toss our name in the hat.

Thanks Wilson and MGS. And good luck to the kids that receive the clubs. 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 3

1. Brett Neumann, Denver CO

2. Aiden Neumann, age 14

3. A hodge podge mix of a bag that includes some old Top Flite Clubs, an old TaylorMade driver, and a Nike hybrid

4. Profile SGI Teen

5. Aiden is a great athlete who was part of a state championship tennis team last summer.  He has since taken up golf as his primary interest because he says “it’s a very interesting sport”.  He consumes it ravenously and is always practicing.

• Like 1

3 potentials

1. Mike Drew, Connecticut 
2. Gavin 5
3. Top flite Lefties
4. Left handed Profile JGI Junior Small
5. Lefty ruiner of the hand-me-down 

2. Mikayla 7
3. Top flite
4. Profile JGI Junior Small
5. First started playing First Tee TPC River Highlands  

2. Ashlynn 9
3. Maxfli
4. Profile JGI Junior medium
5. First started playing First Tee TPC River Highlands  
  • Like 1

1. Your Name and Location - Tony Etolle - Los Angeles CA
2. Junior’s Name and Age - Ace Etolle 12 years old
3. Junior’s Current clubs - Tour Edge Bazooka HT Max set and Callaway X FW
4. Junior’s Desired Set - whatever I buy him, he doesn't know much about brands
5. Fun fact about your Junior - Ace's real name is Andrew. He played baseball at 7 and got hit in the ribs by a pitch and he was done after 1 season. He tried basketball after that and wasn't aggressive enough. Only knows one golfer, Tiger Woods because of me. He has a more natural swing than his dad but he'd rather play video games sometimes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It’s a very Wilson week, and for good reason.  Gary Woodland wins the US Open (62 total for Wilson), #SpyStaffSlam, D7 irons testers announced, and now, we’re about to do a test that has never been done before: Junior Clubs.  Kids are the future and we should invest effort into giving them the best possible opportunity to succeed.  Wilson’s line of Junior clubs covers all ages and we’re looking for representation from each age group to test and keepa set of Wilson Junior Clubs.  

BE489428-EF4A-4EA4-BE9D-0CF24FA20A6E.jpegF52A245F-64CB-462B-89F9-B8C4C1404DD2.jpeg

3CF63B24-B3A1-4739-B003-ED7FBDF424ED.jpeg

Ages 13+: Profile SGI Teen

306DD312-2946-4411-B527-5323E9891C48.jpeg

5BC2078A-B3F1-402F-B70D-21A6F3C0E111.jpeg

Now, do we expect these juniors to write up reviews?  Absolutely not.  It’s hard enough to get them to do their homework!  This is where you, the forum member, comes into play. We’re seeking sponsors willing to work through the review with their prospective future stars.  This could be any parent, relative, neighbor, friend, teacher, etc that can guide our junior testers through the process and write the review on their behalf.  The template will be shorter and simpler to make it easier on everyone but the work still needs to get done.

This opportunity is open to both Boys and Girls, Right and Left handed residing in the US.  The usual requirement of an active forum account with profile picture applies to the sponsor.  To apply, post a comment to this thread containing the following information:

1. Your Name and Location
2. Junior’s Name and Age
3. Junior’s Current clubs
4. Junior’s Desired Set
5. Fun fact about your Junior

To learn more about these sets, make your way over to the Wilson website HERE for the Junior sets or HERE for the Teen

Ralph Barber (Columbus, OH)

Will Barber (12) - TopFlite Gamer- BLUE set. Has competed in Us Kids Tournaments and has a low round of 35 from the forwards.

17 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It’s a very Wilson week, and for good reason.  Gary Woodland wins the US Open (62 total for Wilson), #SpyStaffSlam, D7 irons testers announced, and now, we’re about to do a test that has never been done before: Junior Clubs.  Kids are the future and we should invest effort into giving them the best possible opportunity to succeed.  Wilson’s line of Junior clubs covers all ages and we’re looking for representation from each age group to test and keepa set of Wilson Junior Clubs.  

BE489428-EF4A-4EA4-BE9D-0CF24FA20A6E.jpegF52A245F-64CB-462B-89F9-B8C4C1404DD2.jpeg

3CF63B24-B3A1-4739-B003-ED7FBDF424ED.jpeg

Ages 13+: Profile SGI Teen

306DD312-2946-4411-B527-5323E9891C48.jpeg

5BC2078A-B3F1-402F-B70D-21A6F3C0E111.jpeg

Now, do we expect these juniors to write up reviews?  Absolutely not.  It’s hard enough to get them to do their homework!  This is where you, the forum member, comes into play. We’re seeking sponsors willing to work through the review with their prospective future stars.  This could be any parent, relative, neighbor, friend, teacher, etc that can guide our junior testers through the process and write the review on their behalf.  The template will be shorter and simpler to make it easier on everyone but the work still needs to get done.

This opportunity is open to both Boys and Girls, Right and Left handed residing in the US.  The usual requirement of an active forum account with profile picture applies to the sponsor.  To apply, post a comment to this thread containing the following information:

2. Junior’s Name and Age
4. Junior’s Desired Set

To learn more about these sets, make your way over to the Wilson website HERE for the Junior sets or HERE for the Teen

Ryan Thomas, Riverside California 92507

Selah Thomas, age 5

Pink Starter Set

Desired Set is Purple (she’s about 50in)

Shes left handed and taking lessons. Fun fact she said, “I likes giraffes, tigers, turtles, and fish... and I like golfing with my daddy.” Oh, “and I like Christmas.” One more, “I like puppies.” LOL

• Like 1

Very cool opportunity here! All three of my daughters are beginning their golfing journey and attend a weekly youth golf clinic.

1. Jason West, California

2. Layla age 7

3. Current clubs are the same I started with, a wedge and a putter.

4. Desired set, Profile Junior Medium age 7-10

5. Fun fact about Layla, her nickname is Kong, which in Korean means “Little One” or “Little Nut”, her Korean grandmother named her that as she couldn’t pronounce Layla .

Layla wasn’t that interested in golf at first. She enjoys reading and Girl Scouts. I dragged her along to a golf clinic her older sister was attending, and by the end of the first day she was hitting the ball better than her older sister. We were shocked at how quickly she picked it up. Now she can’t wait to go to her weekly Junior Golf clinic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1) Mike Vogel; Springboro OH

2) Jacob, 11

3) Ping Junior Moxie  G 

4) JGI Medium Yellow

5) He’s a 3-sport athlete in wrestling (2nd place in districts last season), baseball, and golf. Loves hitting balls at the range  

• Like 1

Chris Berg - Lethbridge, Alberta

Tanner McLaren 

Powerbilt

Medium Yellow

Absolutely loves all sports!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have an athletic 6-year old...he has played Ice Hockey for 3 years, and plays baseball and soccer.  He plays golf as well and is outgrowing his brothers hand-me-down clubs.

1. Kevin Geary-Philadelphia PA
2. Conor Geary Age 6
3. Brothers knock off hand me downs
4. Red
5. Calls Rory and Tiger-----Tiger Macaroni.  Conor did a putting with the pros in Hilton Head this year with European PGA Player Matt Wallace and promptly knocked both putts in the hole...while putting left hand low...link below

https://www.facebook.com/kevingearycommunications/videos/pcb.10157164324419438/10157164324279438/?type=3&theater

Kevin Geary

610-755-7057

kevindgeary@gmail.com

Edited by LooperNation
  • Like 1

Andrew Ebner

Roman 4 about to turn 5 

Allentown, PA

would be interested in the “red” small junior set

currently uses my old Lancer kids clubs, however whenever he gets a chance to use my putter, he’s putting balls all over the house😂👍🏽

Thanks guys! Cool initiative! 

• Like 1

I love this opportunity and your willingness to invest in the next generation of gofers. 1. Your Name and Location: Paul McGinniss, Massapequa, NY 11758
2. Junior’s Name and Age: Chris, 9
3. Junior’s Current clubs: hand me downs from friend, worn grips (can't recall brand)
4. Junior’s Desired Set: Profile JGI Junior Medium (purple or blue)
5. Fun fact about your Junior: wants to play golf with his dad (me), his uncle (my brother) and his cousin (my nephew)
  • Like 1

1) Chad Hershberger, Mt. Pleasant, SC

2) Connor, 12

3) Callaway Fusion driver and 5 wood, Pinemeadow PGX (knock off set) irons and hybrids

4) Profile SGI Teen

5) Connor is tall for his age which helps him hit some bomb balls when he catches the middle of the face. He's 12 and he's already 5'7". He's also using men's clubs that probably don't fit him that well. I'd love to see if a set like this would help his budding game. 

• Like 1

1. Eric Sechrest, Corona California
2. Jeffrey Sechrest, Age 11
3. Old set bought off of Offer UP, think they are called XGT
4. The Large set with Blue Bag
5. He just started playing with me and we are trying to go out every other Sunday.  I am finally happy I have something to get him away from his Video Games,  This set would make his year.
  • Like 1

1. JS / Richmond, VA
2. Eloise, 6
3. Does the Little Tikes set count?
4. Profile JGI Red/Small Carry Set
5. Fun fact about your Junior - late to the golf game, but can now beat her old man at Putt Putt - her lowest score is an 11 on our local 10 hole course! 
  • Like 1

1. Justin Wallace, New Mexico

2. Ashtin, 8 years of age

3. Top Golf juniors clubs

4. Wilson Small (red) Right Handed

5. Ashtin is an athletic kid. Plays baseball, football, soccer, and recently started playing golf within the last year. He just got through with his first golf camp, would be a great candidate for this opportunity. 

C224AEF6-6CCF-49EF-B9FE-05DE9647D291.jpeg

• Like 1

Andrew Goslin - Hawthorne CA
2. Junior’s Name and Age
AJ Goslin - Age 11
Tour Edge junior (mixed set)
4. Junior’s Desired Set
Wilson Junior
Plays travel Hockey and Golf, and, has epic hockey hair!

AJ_Golf.jpg

AJ Hockey.jpg

• Like 1

1. Wiley Brown Clemmons, NC
2. Harrison Brown, 9
3. Top Flite
4. Profile jgi medium yellow
5. Loves playing golf and hunting golf balls

20190416_223635.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the opportunity!