TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Snell MTBx Golf Balls

STUDque

I got lucky with work and family life the past month, so I got about 12 rounds in and a lot of practice in with these.
I don’t really know what I can or can’t say until stage 2?
Any questions I’ll be sure to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Ok my unreasonably long stage 1 is updated! Had a chance to play a round with the MTB-X and Chrome soft this weekend. Definite differences between the two with regards to feel. The Snell feels so solid that going from that the Chrome Soft makes the CS feel mushy almost. One notable shot was tight drive that I didn't feel I hit particularly well and still wound up at my usual 280 distance that the CS would get on a solid hit. Can't say I noticed a significant difference in spin characteristics between the two based on this round, but I think some work on the Trackman will help quantify that.  Also can't wait to see how quickly Snell turns around orders and shipping since I am DEFINITELY going to need another box in order to a thorough review without running out

I was wondering if I would run out before the testing is over also. I should probably order another dz.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I lost 2 balls in my first round and now I’ve got a ball on a 63 hole heater.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

First swing for me. Topped it right into a ravine in front of the tee box. Considered just backing out and sending the balls back right at that moment...

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

13 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Where are the pics, on your computer or your phone? I sometimes find that loading from my phone is a bit easier through the app, but that's personal preference! 

From your computer, you can just drag the photos into the composing window and it should insert them right where your cursor is.

Someone may have answered this and if so I'll just delete this. But theres an area in which you can drag and drop a picture in the writing area at the bottom (Says Drag files here to attach). I like to build my review in word with the figures where I want them then save them as Pic 1, Pic 2...etc so I can add them in order and place them where I want them. I'll usually copy and paste each block of text until a picture then pop the picture in. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

Someone may have answered this and if so I'll just delete this. But theres an area in which you can drag and drop a picture in the writing area at the bottom (Says Drag files here to attach). I like to build my review in word with the figures where I want them then save them as Pic 1, Pic 2...etc so I can add them in order and place them where I want them. I'll usually copy and paste each block of text until a picture then pop the picture in. 

Same here but I like to use notepad and then I add “insert pic” in spots

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

On 6/21/2019 at 2:05 PM, tehuti said:

MGS - Thank you so much for this opportunity. I am excited to be part of the Snell MTBx testers team.

What’s your story?

The basics: My name is Larry Brown and I am from Anaheim, CA. But my hometown is NYC where I grew up in Brooklyn and the Bronx. (And in case you're wondering, I knew nothing about golf growing up in the city. That all came later.)

2072290423_2019-02-2010_15_51.jpg.2c1cce24fb7d1f72ad0fd4a1a2a5dbc1.jpg

As I play with this ball more it doesn't feel significantly different from the Get Sum. But I still hit the Get Sum straighter, especially off the tee.

We need to get back out and play sir! 

Great start to the review. Interesting that the less expensive balls seem to be working as well for you. I'm wondering if you find more touch/feel/control around the greens with the MTB the more you play them? As you say, your short game is very good so the extra spin might help? Will look forward to more info as you post it.

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

On 6/21/2019 at 4:54 PM, josmi15 said:

Step right up, come on in. If you'd like to take the grand tour.  Sorry, I figured I'd throw a line in from my favorite George Jones song to start my stage 1.   I've been an avid golfer since 2012.  The year I started getting back into shape.  My game is a few steps above a weekend hacker, in my opinion.  My game has come along quite nicely for awhile, but then it has stalled on me.  3 years ago, breaking 90 was normal, but then something happened. I developed a bad habit and a slice just wouldn't leave me alone.  I had to abandon Driver for 2 seasons due to that wicked slice.  Last season I broke the shaft of my driver, so again another season of hitting Woody out of the box. (3 Wood for those that hadn't guessed, and yes I do have a club cover for it with Woody from Toy Story)  This season my slice is mostly cured, it crept back in on the back nine this past sunday for 2 shots.  I'm from Indiana and we have the greatest weather in the world.  It can be all 4 seasons in the same day. If that isn't great, I don't know what is.  That being said, we get good golf weather usually April to October.  I'm currently stuck on my 16 handicap. It's due to me overthinking and strategizing.  Last round I played, on the front without thinking to much, I shot a 41.  With me screwing up both par 3's with doubles.  Back nine I tried to get cute and overthink the course and shot a miserable 51.  I have a high ball flight and if i miss, it's usually on a pull with my irons.  Strength to my game has been on my short game.  So that's where I intend to test this ball the most.

IMG_2225(1).thumb.jpg.76a97ede8f0de48d58e02048b93fa361.jpg

I normally play a Srixon Softfeel or XV Star for this test. I love the XV Star, but to be honest I really love the price of my Soft Feel.  I chose Srixon about 5 years ago because no one else played Srixons, and this way it made it easier to always find my ball. That being said, lets dive right in.

IMG_2162.thumb.jpg.05f1a3fc082b8401d2bb9076c118b7d0.jpg

Lets start with my first impression of Snell.  When I opened the package I found that I was really impressed with the packaging.  It just seemed Simple and Clean, which I loved. Sometimes ball manufacturers have so much going on the box and it just looks cluttered.  I'm a pretty basic, no frills guy when it comes to me.  My golf Clubs and bag represent that of me.  The only thing I go a little wild for are my club covers.  So, as a simple guy like that, I appreciated the clean look.  

IMG_2158.thumb.jpg.9fb1ad57cd8209f1ca1ae68728f49ade.jpg

This past weekend I took the Snells out to one of our favorite courses and put it to the test.  It was a rainy day, so chipping and putting was definitely where we'd need to test it, if you want to score well. The very first putt, I can honestly say it felt like a rock.  That being said though, I just missed a 12 footer with it.  I stayed with putting for about 15 minutes, and everytime it still felt hard, but it performed better than expected.  I chalked that up to my years with a soft feel ball for this feeling. Since I don't have the length of my playing partner, the only way I can keep it close is to chip and putt better than him.  We normally are putting for par, where as his lag put gets him close, my chip shot onto the green has to close to the pin. So we will definitely be looking into how Snell MTX-B's perform.  

IMG_2222.thumb.jpg.7fcb3094f46940243b20207be35d45b9.jpg

IMG_2251(1).thumb.jpg.0dd5ca722445c7a2e45c5b196f40dcdd.jpg

IMG_2260(1).thumb.jpg.aeeb4495132c1076759fb875dd4fb5de.jpg

During this past week I took a sleeve over the the local course, and with permission, just chipped and putted for over an hour to get an accurate feel.  It was finally some dry weather.  It still did everything I wanted from it.  I brought out the EyeLine putting aid and Snell and I got real comfortable.  I was making putts from some distance.  Went back to chipping onto the green for another 15 minutes and besides the 3 that I bladed across the green. The ball seemed to respond just fine. The last 15 minutes, I play chip & putt.  I just find a spot, pick a specific hole and chip to that flag.  No matter where it ends up I get 1 putt to send it home.  

IMG_2195.thumb.JPG.77d3aa3776f2fb8ee9bee079c1365992.JPG

IMG_2198.thumb.JPG.f5e26374275982a586423f49048939dc.JPG

So this is the type of testing that I'm going to concentrate on the most.  I'll be playing with it, but for those that don't have the long game (I'm going to brag on me for a second, I did bomb it down the fairway the other day 255 yards)  A normal drive for me is around 220.  As I stated, I've had struggles with my slice, so now that I've got that resolved. I'm hoping that I can contend more. And if Snell checks out like I think it will, our sunday matches may have just gotten interesting.  Since there was a delay on our posting, I had a day off and was able to enjoy a full round of golf with a sleeve. I took it to another favorite of ours and we have an island green. So does Snell make it over the water? To be continued.........  
IMG_2242.thumb.jpg.310e00a6550f7e4aac2e0c339c5a0814.jpg

Nice presentation.........you got me humming the "Grand Tour"..."Step right up, come on in"..........

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

On 6/24/2019 at 9:18 AM, josmi15 said:

Testing suggestions, if you have ideas feel free.  I've been working primarily on the 100 yards and in type shots.  I like to see how they respond around the green, that's where It's important that i keep it close

Just an idea... If you have enough time while playing (hopefully no one behind you), maybe try to hit 3 or so drives with the snell and 1 or 2 others balls to get an idea of the distance comparisons. Could try the same approach around the green.

Hopefully all balls are in the fairway and easy to find/pickup to make the test quick.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Actually I'm out before anyone is on.......what I've been doing(twice, right now) is I play all 4 balls at the same time for the 4 holes I mentioned previously. I also am logging the distances of drives, 150 shots and 100 yard shots of the 4 balls. It is a little time consuming but not bad.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Just an idea... If you have enough time while playing (hopefully no one behind you), maybe try to hit 3 or so drives with the snell and 1 or 2 others balls to get an idea of the distance comparisons. Could try the same approach around the green.
Hopefully all balls are in the fairway and easy to find/pickup to make the test quick.

I did have some time while waiting, so I was able to get some more data

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Nice presentation.........you got me humming the "Grand Tour"..."Step right up, come on in"..........

Thanks!! One of my favorites!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

I'm really enjoying this ball and this review. I hit an 8-iron the other day 181 yards, and here's how that turned out.
IMG_3215.JPGIMG_3216.JPG

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

IMG_2287.HEICi gave this one a ride! For my 2nd shot on a par 5.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Great start fellas! I'm a fan and user of the MTB-Black for the last year or so after I got a test pack of the Red and Black, and am looking forward to hearing more about the MTB-X. In addition to seeing if your individual experience backs up the performance of the MTB X in the MGS testing, I'm curious for any and all descriptions of feel, especially compared to the other Snell offerings. Thanks in advance! 

In the looks department the MTB-X seems pretty close to the Black which I like, last year's Red had a weird sheen to it that made it seem cheap IMO. I also like that they got rid of the red paint on the "S" that tended to streak.  

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

How's everyone liking the yellow? I lost a (white) MTB Black in the fairway yesterday because I lost sight of it on the way down. Is the yellow easier to see in bright daylight? In the rough?

I'm going to need some more balls soon, so I've been debating about just ordering five dozen MTB Black, but can't decide on white or yellow.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

To be honest, I like the yellow. I play white Through Summer, in September I switch. I figured if I was testing something I was going totally off the beaten path for me.

It pops , I’ll give it that!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

I love the yellow right now, so much so, I just ordered 5 dozen MTB-X's 5 minutes ago, but will order a dozen or so white for the fall.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, edingc said:

How's everyone liking the yellow? I lost a (white) MTB Black in the fairway yesterday because I lost sight of it on the way down. Is the yellow easier to see in bright daylight? In the rough?

I'm going to need some more balls soon, so I've been debating about just ordering five dozen MTB Black, but can't decide on white or yellow.

If you're gonna order a few dozen maybe you could order both white and yellow. I know what you mean about not finding balls hit in the fairway, I had the same thing happen in a tournament and it's very humiliating to have to drive back to the tee box to hit another one. There was a lot of cloud cover that day, and that's why I lost it on the way down.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I love the yellow right now, so much so, I just ordered 5 dozen MTB-X's 5 minutes ago, but will order a dozen or so white for the fall.

I may have to give these a shot. I've not found a yellow that fits my eye, however I tend to walk a lot of solo rounds and finding my ball when it goes offline even slightly can be an issue. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I may have to give these a shot. I've not found a yellow that fits my eye, however I tend to walk a lot of solo rounds and finding my ball when it goes offline even slightly can be an issue. 

That's my issue, too. Although on Wednesday my wife was with me and we both lost the ball. Anything to help see them better...

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I am liking these a little better now. Not as noticeable a difference in feel as in the previous 2 weeks. Plus I did not slice at all today. So it’s possible that it was me more than the ball when I was slicing them off the fairway.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft

The yellow is great for seeing it in the air. I really don’t think the yellow is any better in the rough though.

I struggle putting and chipping with the yellow also.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Last round recap.

I put the MTB-X up against my gamer the BStone and the V1x.

I didn’t notice any distance gains, but I scored the best with the ball by 3 strokes until I lost the V1x on hole 11, and the BStone got wet on hole 15. If I lost a ball it wasn’t replaced... Only one ball made it the full 18...

I haven’t had a chance to play in MD yet, but planning on getting some swings in today.

I played my local par 59 course today with the MTBx. I have to admit it wasn’t the ball that was the problem, but the Baller (me). No more slices. A slight adjustment to my stance has me no longer slicing. Today I hit some of my longest driver shots on that course. All with the MTBx. Not a significant difference in distance off the tee with irons. But definitely with driver.

At this rate I may be changing my mind about my regular gamer!
IMG_0594.jpg
IMG_0595.jpg

Thanks everyone for the great pictures of the Optic Yellow. I went ahead and ordered a dozen Optic Yellow MTB Blacks to give the color a try.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: