GolfSpy STUDque

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Snell MTBx Golf Balls

Hey everyone my stage 1 is Live!!! Check it out!

• Like 5

My stage 1 is up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Great job guys! My stage 1 is up!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Awesome pics Shankster throughout your review. I need to upgrade my camera and sense of style.

• Like 1

Great job boys... a seam? on a golf ball? hmmm...that is unexpected.  I am quite surprised they didn't find a way to buff/smooth that out so it's practically invisible to the naked eye.

At least it sounds like they got the alignment marking correct....but I suppose like they say, "it's what's on the inside that counts".... hopefully it holds up to the high praise it's received.

• Like 2

Great job so far guys.
[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention], any oddities to report like [mention=66781]Wedgie[/mention] had? 

Paint was all fine but the seam varied on some. It’s more noticeable on a few, the dimples are oval shaped like they were stretched. I’ll try to grab a picture.

Unfortunately I rinsed one, and lost one of the middle of the fairway. So I am short 2.
  • Like 3

Great job boys... a seam? on a golf ball? hmmm...that is unexpected.  I am quite surprised they didn't find a way to buff/smooth that out so it's practically invisible to the naked eye.
At least it sounds like they got the alignment marking correct....but I suppose like they say, "it's what's on the inside that counts".... hopefully it holds up to the high praise it's received.

Not a raised seam, looks to be like the cover is two piece?... If you look at the picture of it lined up behind my putter you can see a gap where they put the logo.
  • Like 2

Not a raised seam, looks to be like the cover is two piece?... If you look at the picture of it lined up behind my putter you can see a gap where they put the logo.

Do you line up the seam when you putt or use your driver?

Do you line up the seam when you putt or use your driver?

I do when putting, have always done that.

With Driver I like to see no markings, so I make it so I can’t see anything as best a possible.

Good stuff fellas.

Off to a good start, fellas!

I do when putting, have always done that.

With Driver I like to see no markings, so I make it so I can’t see anything as best a possible.

I am the exact opposite. I always use the alignment aid on the tee and never on the green.

• Like 1

Paint was all fine but the seam varied on some. It’s more noticeable on a few, the dimples are oval shaped like they were stretched. I’ll try to grab a picture.

Unfortunately I rinsed one, and lost one of the middle of the fairway. So I am short 2.

I haven’t scrutinized them up close and personal like Shankster had. But I’ll do that for stage 2. They do seem to wear very well. A couple of balls lasted several 9 hole rounds until I sacrificed them to the creek. They had minimal scuffs even when I was in trees, sand and on cart paths.

When you guys are doing your tests for these golf balls, are you planning on working from the putting green back?  Are there an specific tests that you guys have planned for on the course?

• Like 4

Great write-up's and pictures guys! You're all nailing it on your stage one's.@Shankster I love your photographic creativity, those are awesome! I've been thinking about taking the plunge and ordering these, I've actually found some used one's at Wal-Mart and really liked the MTB Black. I guess it's a byproduct of the MGS ball test that they are starting to show up like this. 20190622_211320-01.jpeg
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the X performs for you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

When you guys are doing your tests for these golf balls, are you planning on working from the putting green back?  Are there an specific tests that you guys have planned for on the course?

I am working from short game back.

Specifically wedge shots will be/have been tested. Lots of bunker play. Working on a 26 hole ball right now that has had quite the excursion.

I managed to dunk it in a drainage ditch, bounc it off 3 trees, a cart path, and an outhouse. one of those was on purpose, I’ll let you decide.

Did an entire round vs the BStone and PV1x. Going out tomorrow for a full round test.

Anything specific you’re looking for?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1