GolfSpy STUDque

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Snell MTBx Golf Balls

I love the yellow right now, so much so, I just ordered 5 dozen MTB-X's 5 minutes ago, but will order a dozen or so white for the fall.

11 hours ago, edingc said:

How's everyone liking the yellow? I lost a (white) MTB Black in the fairway yesterday because I lost sight of it on the way down. Is the yellow easier to see in bright daylight? In the rough?

I'm going to need some more balls soon, so I've been debating about just ordering five dozen MTB Black, but can't decide on white or yellow.

If you're gonna order a few dozen maybe you could order both white and yellow. I know what you mean about not finding balls hit in the fairway, I had the same thing happen in a tournament and it's very humiliating to have to drive back to the tee box to hit another one. There was a lot of cloud cover that day, and that's why I lost it on the way down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I love the yellow right now, so much so, I just ordered 5 dozen MTB-X's 5 minutes ago, but will order a dozen or so white for the fall.

I may have to give these a shot. I've not found a yellow that fits my eye, however I tend to walk a lot of solo rounds and finding my ball when it goes offline even slightly can be an issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I may have to give these a shot. I've not found a yellow that fits my eye, however I tend to walk a lot of solo rounds and finding my ball when it goes offline even slightly can be an issue. 

That's my issue, too. Although on Wednesday my wife was with me and we both lost the ball. Anything to help see them better...

• Like 2

Here’s the photo.

The arrows point to the stretched out looking part of the ball. The dimples look shallower on this part.

Not all of them are like this. I lost the most noticeable one in the drink.

Wonder if that is why they had those erratic ones during the official testing at HQ?

IMG_5927.JPG

• Like 2

I am liking these a little better now. Not as noticeable a difference in feel as in the previous 2 weeks. Plus I did not slice at all today. So it’s possible that it was me more than the ball when I was slicing them off the fairway.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The yellow is great for seeing it in the air. I really don’t think the yellow is any better in the rough though.

I struggle putting and chipping with the yellow also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last round recap.

I put the MTB-X up against my gamer the BStone and the V1x.

I didn’t notice any distance gains, but I scored the best with the ball by 3 strokes until I lost the V1x on hole 11, and the BStone got wet on hole 15. If I lost a ball it wasn’t replaced... Only one ball made it the full 18...

I haven’t had a chance to play in MD yet, but planning on getting some swings in today.

• Like 6

I played my local par 59 course today with the MTBx. I have to admit it wasn’t the ball that was the problem, but the Baller (me). No more slices. A slight adjustment to my stance has me no longer slicing. Today I hit some of my longest driver shots on that course. All with the MTBx. Not a significant difference in distance off the tee with irons. But definitely with driver.

At this rate I may be changing my mind about my regular gamer!
IMG_0594.jpg
IMG_0595.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the great pictures of the Optic Yellow. I went ahead and ordered a dozen Optic Yellow MTB Blacks to give the color a try.

• Like 4

Great intro guys. Looking forward to how the snell finishes for you.
On the fence to buy some or not.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Practice recap from today.

5-100 yard shots I wasn’t seeing the grip I’d like. New type of grass, it’ll be interesting to see how this works out for every aspect of my game.

• Like 4

Man, I'm having a... ball testing new brands. The two areas I've noticed a difference are off the tee and putting. My god putting, this ball has been awesome for me on the greens. I won't spoil all my thoughts for now, but it's crazy a ball change can help my putting this much. I get to say it wasn't my fault!!

• Like 4

Man, I'm having a... ball testing new brands. The two areas I've noticed a difference are off the tee and putting. My god putting, this ball has been awesome for me on the greens. I won't spoil all my thoughts for now, but it's crazy a ball change can help my putting this much. I get to say it wasn't my fault!!

It’s interesting you say that because I have been putting lights out with this ball as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I have also been a fan of the yellow. Makes it much easier to find the ball in the rough, where I spend much of time. I have been finding the ball to be long but it's taking me some getting used to on the short game front. Also have found that the yellow doesn't hold up particularly well to scrape from trees/cart paths. 

• Like 2

They don’t float! User error, I guess

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Really wish I could find as many of these out on the course as lost Pro V's to be able to demo them. 😀

Was hoping to see them a bit more after blowing up after the ball test and selling out. 

• Like 1

I will continue my evaluation tomorrow at Mountain Meadows GC.

Planning for 18 tomorrow. I’ve narrowed my 2019 ball down...

• Like 1