GolfSpy STUDque

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Snell MTBx Golf Balls

I feel like you just jinxed yourself lol

That’s how it works isn’t it.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I had to wager a guess. I am probably going to lose 2 today. Too much water on this course. First tee has about 275 to carry the water on the line I want to try... drivercarry is 275... going to give it a ride anyways.

• Like 3

If I had to wager a guess. I am probably going to lose 2 today. Too much water on this course. First tee has about 275 to carry the water on the line I want to try... drivercarry is 275... going to give it a ride anyways.

Made it about 273.7 yards of it.

Had some better results around the greens.

New favorite shots are knock down PW’s from 100 and in. Little two hoppers and stand still.
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

New favorite shots are knock down PW’s from 100 and in. Little two hoppers and stand still.

You have me so excited to get some time in with the MTB-Xs. Coming in the mail tomorrow.

• Like 4

You have me so excited to get some time in with the MTB-Xs. Coming in the mail tomorrow.

Oh?

Well this pic should tide you ever. 65 yard shot here with a PW... it was a two hopper. Gorgeous ball flight on this one, pitch mark tool is where it landed.

IMG_6137.JPG

• Like 3

I seem to get similar one or two hop stops from the Blacks, but if I can get just a little lower spin and more distance with the driver, I think it'll be the perfect ball for me.

• Like 2

I only played a few holes with the MTBx today but my tee shots were very good with it. Today I opted for the OnCore Elixr until I lost them all.

IMG_0624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Whacked the Snell around, one day this weekend. Had a very bad 9 holes. Went back to one of the old stand bys on Sunday, had a very good 9 holes. Not blaming or crediting either golf ball. Most likely the swinger. Just saying !!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

Oh?

Well this pic should tide you ever. 65 yard shot here with a PW... it was a two hopper. Gorgeous ball flight on this one, pitch mark tool is where it landed.

IMG_6137.JPG

Nice Shot !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

How much longer do we have before we enter into Phase 2 ?    Not rushing the process, just curious as to when I should start my final analysis.

tee off.PNG

• Like 1

How much longer do we have before we enter into Phase 2 ?    Not rushing the process, just curious as to when I should start my final analysis.
1968183446_teeoff.PNG.2983fced65faccb5d8f5b6a90bc9184c.PNG

I was wondering also. I am saving my last sleeve for the home stretch (back 9?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, Shankster said:

BStone Tour B XS.

That's a prize fight.  BXS is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  Really interested to see how it compares for you, because I don't want to like it as much as I do 💸💸.

How have BXS and MTB-X compared in mid iron approaches for you?

• Like 1

That's a prize fight.  BXS is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  Really interested to see how it compares for you, because I don't want to like it as much as I do .

How have BXS and MTB-X compared in mid iron approaches for you?

It has been a battle for sure. I added another contender to the mix on vacation. The Srixon Z Star... I said in the Srixon thread that I forgot how good they were around the greens.

Not sure if it’s the heavy air, or me not working out for the last month, but I’ve been leaving my approach shots short (last 2 rounds anyways), it was 93° and 88° respectively. I will say that I am getting way more spin with the new Blueprint irons, having a heck of a time to get anything to roll out, with any of the balls. Everything puts the breaks on quick. Even the 2 iron.

That said, I am preferring the Z Star on all avenues right now. I might add the regular PV1.

But, I have been seeing a little more of what I like from the MTB-X, I’ve been in a slump with the longer clubs for a bit. But here was 2 drives, the closest to us is the BStone. The Snell won by a foot or so. And it’s been holding its own on the greens. Not a fan of the sound off the putter though.

Horizontally...

IMG_6134.thumb.JPG.72765556f5f0e2da47d50a941b5ee56c.JPG

• Like 1

Anyone else realizing ball testing is kind of hard to do? It is so hard to tell if it’s me, the ball or what. But some trends have emerged.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Anyone else realizing ball testing is kind of hard to do? It is so hard to tell if it’s me, the ball or what. But some trends have emerged.

Yeah. Super tough. Especially comparing it against balls in the same category. They are all pretty darned good. Just little tiny nuances that I am noticing.

All feel. Which is hard to describe because what I feel and you might see nowhere near the same.
  • Like 1

Yeah. Super tough. Especially comparing it against balls in the same category. They are all pretty darned good. Just little tiny nuances that I am noticing.

All feel. Which is hard to describe because what I feel and you might see nowhere near the same.

I play the Cleveland Launchers....I feel nothing!

• Like 3

I play the Cleveland Launchers....I feel nothing!

Wedges? Putter?

Acoustics? One louder than the other?
  • Like 1

Wedges? Putter?

Acoustics? One louder than the other?

Nothing really to be honest. I have been comparing proV1x, Z Star and Z Star XV. If anything the XV feels firmer off the putter. My wedges are CBX so hard to feel a difference. Driver sound is one area that I may pay attention to but they all sound the same.

• Like 1

Nothing really to be honest. I have been comparing proV1x, Z Star and Z Star XV. If anything the XV feels firmer off the putter. My wedges are CBX so hard to feel a difference. Driver sound is one area that I may pay attention to but they all sound the same.

Performance differences? Longer? Shorter? Hold green better? Worse?