LoganT

New golf ball suggestions

The new Bridgestone E12 balls are a great option! Not too expensive at $29.99 and are great for an amateur golfers with less than 105mph swing speeds!

-Nicole Collins

Expert @ Curated Golf - feel free to chat with me directly here https://curated.page.link/1Y3f!

hasn't the testing revealed swing speed is the last thing to worry about when buying balls? you can compress most balls just fine with most swing speeds above 80

• Like 1

Kirkland Signature Golf Balls .... The best ever...In my opinion....

The shell of the Golf Ball is composed of Urethane. It is used as a shell in almost all types of high-end premium balls. It offers a very softer feel compared to any other cover substance or blend. However, a backdrop of this is that Urethane covers are more prone to damage because of their soft and delicate nature. A rough and scratched up surfaced golf ball results in compromising the flight of the golf ball and its response to the swing of the golf. Due to over-exposure to the sun, the Urethane might also turn yellow in color, hence get discolored.

The exterior of the Kirkland Signature comes with a 360 dimpled design that immensely increases the spin rate as well as the ball trajectory, also allowing to create a penetrating ball flight. Let’s dig deeper into the materials:

1.   The Core

Kirkland Signature Golf ball has a soft and large core. This feature assists amateurs or players with a slow swing speed to boost the velocity of the ball as it moves away from the golf club. The soft aspect of the core ensures maximum compression while the large core prevents energy from the club head having any impact on the golf ball from getting lost.

2.   The Mantle

A common problem that many golfers face is that they feel rock-like feel upon hitting the ball. The Kirkland Golf Ball has you covered there. Its mantle increases the soft feel of the ball at impact while reducing the driver spin. It prevents the golf ball from taking a straight flight up in the air due to back-spin.

3.   The Outer Core

The Outer Core of the Kirkland Signature consists of rubber. It affects the feel and the spin of that golf ball. The thick rubber core is designed to provide the utterly desired play ability and feel without sacrificing distance.

Sold at such a low price, who would avoid buying a dozen of this miraculous golf balls?

2026950283_KirklandGolfBall.jpg.f94d21fc6283c9557d0aafa506b986a8.jpg

• Like 1

I'm playing the Inesis tour 900 balls since I'm running out (actually ran out two days ago) of the yellow Nike RZN black. Not sure if they can be found easily in the US (I guess at least in some places since the MGS ball study had them among the best in value category) but they're great albeit a bit soft-ish and really not expensive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

I have been playing the GolfJet Jet4 for about a month (4 layer urethane). They are $19.95 or $24.95 a dozen on Amazon or 3 dozen for $60 on eBay. My swing speed is only about 80mph and I have been getting good distance and straight flight and excellent green sticking power. My par 3 drives are pretty much drop and stop and getting some nice spin on wedge shots. The also have a 3 layer ball called Jet3.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

On 6/21/2019 at 8:18 PM, bens197 said:

The Snell MTB series are very popular around here and would say you’ll get a lot of positive feedback from that ball.

Having just played a sleeve of the MTB-X, I will second that.  Check out their results in the ball test.  For me, they perform similarly to the ProV1X.  I have a ton of balls in my garage to go through, but the next time I buy golf balls, I will buy these.

You didn't tell us too much about your game.  If you're a Steady Eddie (like @revkev), prioritize consistency and durability.  You may be able to get several rounds out of a single ball, so don't go cheap with something like a Cut that will shred easily.  If you tend to lose balls frequently, you may want to go with a ball with a lower unit cost.  Maybe even look at AAAA used balls instead of buying new.  

Also, watch the Find It-Cut It videos that MGS is putting out.  I won't touch a Callaway ball again until they fix their quality issues, but both my daughters love them.  

• Like 1

I've been playing Mizuno MP-X this season. Reasonably priced and giving me what I want from the ball.

I've been pleased with the Oncore Elixir ball.  Does everything pretty well and feels better to me than the Snell MTB-X (which is longer).

I've been pleased with the Oncore Elixir ball.  Does everything pretty well and feels better to me than the Snell MTB-X (which is longer).

Same. The Elixr has been the best ball for my game in recent years. This is in comparison to the Vice Pro
Plus, ProV1 and X.

Durable, long, appropriate spin and the right price.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I’m going to definitely try some of the direct to consumer golf balls. I have a dozen Bridgestone tour b x and a dozen of the tour b xs that I am going to be trying out soon. I have been playing the b330 rxs lately and while I think this is a wonderful golf ball, it is just too soft for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

Same. The Elixr has been the best ball for my game in recent years. This is in comparison to the Vice Pro
Plus, ProV1 and X.

Durable, long, appropriate spin and the right price.

Do you use the white or matte finish? I found the matte damage easily and spin A LOT around the greens. I also lost a bit of yardage with them. 

Do you use the white or matte finish? I found the matte damage easily and spin A LOT around the greens. I also lost a bit of yardage with them. 

White finish. I’m not cool enough for the flashy flashy
  • Like 1

@Thin2wingave me a sleeve of Snell MTB-X balls at our NW Meet-up and I've really come to like them.  He knows quite a bit about golf balls and I got some great info while we played our day 3 round together.  He said if I like Pro V1 (I do), that these are very similar and much cheaper.  I haven't purchased new balls in a long time, but these will very likely be the one when I do.

Look out for the srixon 2 for 1 sales, the z star are both excellent and the q star is a great price point during that sale as well.