Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Who do you think makes a better golf ball? (POLL)

GolfSpy_X

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think makes a better golf ball?

Voted for Bridgestone based on durability. I can play a B330S probably about twice or even three times as long as the Pro V's, before they start getting scuffed and whatnot.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

I voted for Titleist, but I deleted my vote pending further information. What criteria are we voting on? When it comes to a "tour quality" ball, I think the Pro V takes the cake. When it comes to balls for the everyday hacker, I don't think Bridgestones E series can be beat by anyone.

I voted for Titleist cause i'm from Massachusetts - but this seems to be a question of American employees vs Japanese employees. (I'm assuming the Bridgestone balls are made in Japan).

With the degree of automation that is used, I dont think there is a difference in quality of construction. for that matter - the gap between the difference of "premium" golf balls to "cheap" golf balls has narrowed from the days of balata/3pc wound construction.

So it really becomes a question of engineering, whose got smahtah (smarter) people with white coats and safety glasses on? well you tell me - if you have employees who are Patriots wearing Celtic green and bleeding Sox red, your just Bruin Gold! so yes, rooting for the best teams on the planet gives you the best/smartest employees on the planet. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

so heres to an unbiased poll tongue.gif

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

I voted for B-stone based on the fact that they last longer than Titleist. Now as far as either being a "better ball", there are a heck of a lot of tourneys won with both balls. I think the exact ratio comes to something near equal to the amount payed to players by the manufacturers. LOL

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I voted for Titleist. I am a die hard fan. Seriously though I have experimented with other brands but I always come back to Titleist it seems to suit my game the best. As far as cost when beating around with my buddies or playing a practice round I use OPs found Titleists. I am lucky down here everyone hawks used balls and I get grade A balls for $15 for 20 balls. If I am playing for serious money or playing in a competition I will of course use brand new balls

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is a really tough question.... The perception is that Titleist makes the "Best" premium ball out there, while BStone does a better job with balls for the everyday player. I have to say that initially, I was prepared to vote Titleist. Then I really thought about the technology that Bstone has in their balls, and how Titleist hasn't dramatically improved on the ProV1 in years... and I had to vote for Bridgestone. The B330, B330s, and B330RX are some of the best premium balls available on the planet today. IMO.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I've played both and been happy, but I voted Bridgestone because I like the fact that they offer tour level balls to people without tour level swing speed. When I first heard the idea I thought it would fail big time, but it seems to have worked out well.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Srixon .. I play them ;-) .. and I read somewhere they have the most golf ball related patents or licensed golf ball related technologies ..

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

I've played both and been happy, but I voted Bridgestone because I like the fact that they offer tour level balls to people without tour level swing speed. When I first heard the idea I thought it would fail big time, but it seems to have worked out well.

I didn't take that into account. They have been pretty successful at covering a much wider range of players with their premium balls. I still think for my game, the Titleist is better. That being said, I don't play either anymore; I'm a Penta guy. I can't say enough good things about the Penta; it's durability is unmatched by any premium ball.

I voted Bridgestone because I like the fact that they offer tour level balls to people without tour level swing speed.

Exactly!

The Pro-V1 is surely a remarkable premium ball, and obviously the most played ball in the Tour (yes, I know most play on endorsement, but if they where aloud to play any ball I'm sure most would just stick with their Pro-V1 anyway).

Bridgestone has tried to "fit in" most golfers with their balls, and the fact you get two additional options from the B300 and B330S ( V1 and V1x from Titleist) with the TWO B330 RX models makes them a much more versatile company. You have four options of premium balls while Titleist gives you two. That has to match your game more precisely anyway.

So my vote is for Bridgestone (I play Bridgestone but I'm trying to be as less biased as possible), because of the amount of options and coverage, but I'm sure performance wise there is no difference between both if yours swing adapts to both of them...

I voted for Titleist because it is a better ball. LOL! The Prov1 changes the game and before that it was Titleist Professional or Balata thatw as the best ball if you could play. The only other ball I played back then was Maxfli HT Balata, now you harly hear a thing about Maxfli. As far as this poll goes if your talking USA its going to be Titleist and if your talking Japan I'm sure its Bridgestone. But as I've read many of the reason people pick Bridgestone it seems its because its more durable. I myself rather play what feels the best and I've tried all the bridgestones to try and like them but their covers and feel just don't match Titleist's. Obviously that's my opinion and that's why I've brought TM Penta into my game as I think that ball reminds me of the original softness of the Prov1. Now I heard some rumors that the NEW Titleist is going to be the ball that they pulled from the shelves when Callaway tried to destroy Titleist with the lawsuit, but we see that didn't work and the lawsuit was reversed! Sorry for all the added commentary! :P

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Exactly!

The Pro-V1 is surely a remarkable premium ball, and obviously the most played ball in the Tour (yes, I know most play on endorsement, but if they where aloud to play any ball I'm sure most would just stick with their Pro-V1 anyway).

Bridgestone has tried to "fit in" most golfers with their balls, and the fact you get two additional options from the B300 and B330S ( V1 and V1x from Titleist) with the TWO B330 RX models makes them a much more versatile company. You have four options of premium balls while Titleist gives you two. That has to match your game more precisely anyway.

So my vote is for Bridgestone (I play Bridgestone but I'm trying to be as less biased as possible), because of the amount of options and coverage, but I'm sure performance wise there is no difference between both if yours swing adapts to both of them...

That's completely wrong The NXT Tour/ NXT is as good as any mid level ball which is what all of those B-Stones are....mid level. Sorry just had to defend Titleist on this poll. The poll is who makes the better ball but it seems people are going down several routes with DURABILITY making the ball good. Heck you might as well put in Rock Flights in play if all you want your one ball to last forever. That's not performance and having a rock hard cover surely doesn't make a ball good. LOL...

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472