Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Callaway "AUTHENTIC" Shaft Labels

GolfSpy_X

Probably China ;)

OEM's making their clubs in China are the reason why counterfiets have exploded, so they have to accept some of the blame.

Hopefully these stickers aren't made in China, otherwise in 2mths they will be copied and start appearing on fake clubs.

• SPY VIP

From what I have been told by Callaway this will not be available on US products. Not much more explanation from their end. Sounds like it will be used in other markets.

#TruthDigest

From what I have been told by Callaway this will not be available on US products. Not much more explanation from their end. Sounds like it will be used in other markets.

Thats nice so it's OK to sell Fakes/Counterfeits to those dumb a$$ US golfers but we'd better make the real thing for our other customers around the world! Too Funny....

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Thats nice so it's OK to sell Fakes/Counterfeits to those dumb a$ US golfers but we'd better make the real thing for our other customers around the world! Too Funny....

i think there might be an issue on how much better they can control distribution here in the states, rather than overseas.

i mean think about it, if you were buying say a set honmas or other overseas brand, wouldnt be easier to buy a counterfeit import than a domestic product?

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

it doesn't take all that much time to make labels, and I doubt it's all that difficult to make a fancy one if the money involved is worth it. The label might need a special machine or special paper, but these things are always available somewhere.

Shambles

it doesn't take all that much time to make labels, and I doubt it's all that difficult to make a fancy one if the money involved is worth it. The label might need a special machine or special paper, but these things are always available somewhere.

Shambles

It's just like currency, the bad guys always have some way of figuring out how to make the fake stuff. But like earlier stated by harrison101 why not just get in the legit club making business and try being legit? Maybe the answer is there's more money to be made illegally then legally? it's just is it really worth the risk of getting caught!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

In a world first for Callaway Golf, Callaway Golf South Pacific has announced the launch of a major anti-counterfeiting initiative to protect the authenticity and quality of its products and the Callaway brand.

The new initiative introduces a unique Certified Authentic label, which will feature on all genuine Callaway golf clubs released direct to the Australian and New Zealand markets, and has been designed to protect consumers from purchasing low quality counterfeit Callaway golf clubs.

Using an innovative image shift label that can only be viewed using a polarised filter, along with several other highly technical security features, the Callaway Golf Certified Authentic label can be used by retailers and consumers to validate authenticity from certified resellers of the Callaway brand.

“By holding such a strong position within the golfing market as a leading brand, and with products so highly demanded by consumers, Callaway Golf is unfortunately subject to the perils of counterfeiters,” Callaway Golf Australia General Manager Leighton Richards said.

“With an increase in consumer online purchasing behaviour, we believe Callaway Golf has the responsibility to protect golfers from being mislead or deceived into purchasing low-quality products under the disguise of authentic products.”

“By implementing the Certified Authentic label Callaway Golf South Pacific aims to support our local authorised retail partners by raising consumer awareness of the risks of purchasing online and from unauthorised retail stockists,” Richards said.

FULL ARTICLE

#TruthDigest

The thing with the OEM's is that they need to make the decision of spending the money to find and catch the counterfeiters, or just continue on defensive efforts that are going to be defeated regardless. There is no defense that cannot be defeated except a defense that is a knock out counter offensive, and even that won't be total because someone else will set up the facilities to make their own effort at making themselves a fortune.

The business of labels and serial numbers will prove clumsy and ineffective and also become a bigger overhead for the OEMs. Their only real solution is to go after the factories and even that will need a continuing effort because those guys will just set up elsewhere.

Shambles

When I read that it was going to be used for non US markets I immediately thought asia, that's where the clones are made, so I'd imagine that's where the biggest problem would be.

I'm in Australia, with our $ now being equal to the US $ everyone is using the internet to buy clubs, a year ago you could buy a set of irons from golfsmith, pay the high shipping cost and you would pay about 60% of what the retail price would be here. They've finally realised this and dropped some retail prices, but it's still far cheaper to buy internationally.

I'd imagine plenty of people have been stung by fakes, the golf market and fake market are nowhere near the size of the US, maybe they are trying it out here before bringing it to the US.

So you can still counterfeit the heads as long as you "change" the shafts? Doesnt seem to be solving much of anything, especially in this day and age of "upgrading" your shaft.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Archived